India v Australia | 6th ODI | Guwhati | 8/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni will have to play a skipper's knock here if India want any to chance to win this match.

RR you said pak had lost every series aganst aus. Just corrected you. Specify dates in yur post next time.

Sachin is no God/immortal....he failed/choked again in an important match..

Inswinger said:
Unfortunately you dragged the neighbor in to this match thread or should I say match mess...

Neighbour was dragged into the match cause the neighbour themselves who lives in a glass house when playing Oz started throwing stones....So just reminding the neighbours of their own records before they make themselves look silly Na mean...

GLORY OF '92 said:
RR you said pak had lost every series aganst aus. Just corrected you. Specify dates in yur post next time.

Ok cool I was implying from 99 when OZ became a dynasty..

Wow wow wow.The match has already started and 5 down :(.Why the match started so early?

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
Neighbour was dragged into the match cause the neighbour themselves who lives in a glass house when playing Oz started throwing stones....So just reminding the neighbours of their own records before they make themselves look silly Na mean...
:))
throwing stones? i know our team sucks in australia, did i ever say they were the best? :))

haha 36-5 :)))

GLORY OF '92 said:
OK then you are correct. However you will be incorrect by feb 2010.

Don't get too overconfident man. Beating Australia at their ground won't be an easy feat.

Shaheerthe2nd said:
Don't get too overconfident man. Beating Australia at their ground won't be an easy feat.
Harbhazon said there team can beat Australia 5-2 in there own home..:))

Pakiboii said:
:))
throwing stones? i know our team sucks in australia, did i ever say they were the best? :))

haha 36-5 :)))

Glad you admit it and I was just reminding you our team has better record against OZ and with your team like you said sucking against OZ you should be the last ones talking smack when we do bad..

Romali_rotti said:
Glad you admit it and I was just reminding you our team has better record against OZ and with your team like you said sucking against OZ you should be the last ones talking smack when we do bad..
37-5 :))

Romali_rotti said:
Well looks like you have some credibility afterall, you guys won this series 2-1...
:)))
39-5

Romali_rotti said:
Dont you worry a series down under for your team is not far away, I am just getting warmed up :D....
I'll save this post...then we'll see what happens.. ;) :)))

Pakiboii said:
I'll save this post...then we'll see what happens.. ;) :)))

Oh you do that, I have already put this page on favourites and dont worry you are gonna be up against it...... :)

Romali_rotti said:
Oh you do that, I have already put this page on favourites and dont worry you are gonna be up against it...... :)
Me too.
High Five.

Brothers and brothers' sisters:

Accept Momo's salaam.

So what's up?

It seems some wickets have fallen. Is it a minefield of a pitch?

Momo said:

No, not really. There is a bit for the bowlers.

First 2 wickets were cleaned bowled with swing and pace.

Couple of soft catches and the YUVI hit the ball onto his stumps.

Momo said:

A bit of both minefield as well as careless batting Alliya, Dhoni seems to have misread the pitch... a target of 180 would be a handfull for Oz..

Shaheer man it's not overconfidence it's belief. Of course it's the toughest tour and cricketing wise it would be our greatest achievement to best aus in aus in a test series. Aus will be big favourites but you've got to believe, right?

' Afternoon Momo.

HAHA @ the over-optimistic Pakistani fans here who think they'll win in the Test series in Australia in December. You've all bet with the Indians that we'll win the series. Now look how badly you get humiliated :D

Come on, think realistic. There's no chance in hell that we'll be able to win the Test series. Australia are the strongest test team in the world regardless of the ranking they're on now, regardless of the legends they've lost in the past years, regardless of their not-so-good recent form. And they're the toughest beast to stop at home.

Okay, we have a very slight chance to win the ODI series, but our chances in the Test series is next to none I'd say. We might be able to draw a Test or two, maybe win the dead rubber Test, but no chance we're gonna win the series. And also especially considering our horrendous Test team with people like Bhanja, Farhat, etc. being picked and Afridi, Alam, etc. NOT being picked.

Random Aussie said:
No, not really. There is a bit for the bowlers.

First 2 wickets were cleaned bowled with swing and pace.

Couple of soft catches and the YUVI hit the ball onto his stumps.

And that *****n little shi***** laughed on the way out as it was no big dealll..

GLORY OF '92 said:
Shaheer man it's not overconfidence it's belief. Of course it's the toughest tour and cricketing wise it would be our greatest achievement to best aus in aus in a test series. Aus will be big favourites but you've got to believe, right?

Yes I do believe that we can beat the Aussies, but we can't think ahead of ourselves. Overconfidence can lead to lack of judgement which will result in errors. You can expect Pakistan to compete well against Australia but it won't be a walk in the park.

Paradox said:
' Afternoon Momo.

HAHA @ the over-optimistic Pakistani fans here who think they'll win in the Test series in Australia in December. You've all bet with the Indians that we'll win the series. Now look how badly you get humiliated :D

Come on, think realistic. There's no chance in hell that we'll be able to win the Test series. Australia are the strongest test team in the world regardless of the ranking they're on now, regardless of the legends they've lost in the past years, regardless of their not-so-good recent form. And they're the toughest beast to stop at home.

Okay, we have a very slight chance to win the ODI series, but our chances in the Test series is next to none I'd say. We might be able to draw a Test or two, maybe win the dead rubber Test, but no chance we're gonna win the series. And also especially considering our horrendous Test team with people like Bhanja, Farhat, etc. being picked and Afridi, Alam, etc. NOT being picked.

Posters like you I admire; down to earth and humble reasons why I hope you guys actually do good in OZ.. At the same time if you guys do bad I get to get even with a lot of smack talkers and shuttin em up that feeling isss AHHHHHH I cant explain how good it feelsss...

Looks like they have survived the storm. They will score around 200 or so. I good total to defend

Hi RA, RR, Paradox: Good day to you all.

The nuances of pitch reports by R A Border and R R Shastri are a little different. :))

@Paradox: I agree. For us to win the Test series in Australia, hell will have to freeze first (albeit momentarily).

On this match: Don't rule India out just yet. Their two best batsmen are still waiting for their turn to bat.

Paradox, belief and never predict Pakistan. Also warne and mcgrath have been our destroyers. It will be our greatest achievement, so write us off at your peril.

Momo said:
Hi RA, RR, Paradox: Good day to you all.

The nuances of pitch reports by R A Border and R R Shastri are a little different. :))

@Paradox: I agree. For us to win the Test series in Australia, hell will have to freeze first (albeit momentarily).

On this match: Don't rule India out just yet. Their two best batsmen are still waiting for their turn to bat.

A bit cheeky there Alliya.. :)

hmm, so i guess its not just our batsmen who are clueless when there is help for the faster bowlers.

150 would be a good score on this pitch by looking at the turn and bounce spinners are getting.

Last 5 overs ...Run rate = 1

Pathetic. Go to bed everyone.

Surely as Pak fans we should know never to predict what our team will do.

Ie. T20 WC I was ridiculed for saying that we will win even after the eng defeat. All I ask is never write us off.

tauseefm said:
150 would be a good score on this pitch by looking at the turn and bounce spinners are getting.

Australia will still get 200... go to bed everyone.

Extreme Pace said:
hmm, so i guess its not just our batsmen who are clueless when there is help for the faster bowlers.
But we have exceptions too, you know. :butt

Good night everyone. It's night time here. If India wins then I will run naked across the street....as Ozgod says it :D

Random Aussie said:
Put the blasted quicks on you idiot Ponting

Mate they aren't gonna get to 150, don't stress.

Hey Ponting, maybe we could try one of the bowlers who have taken wickets in this match about now....

Romali_rotti said:
Posters like you I admire; down to earth and humble reasons why I hope you guys actually do good in OZ.. At the same time if you guys do bad I get to get even with a lot of smack talkers and shuttin em up that feeling isss AHHHHHH I cant explain how good it feelsss...

Thanks. It'll feel quite good for you to humiliate all the over-optimistic guys who bet with you that Pak will win the Test series down under, right? :D

But it's true. I'm not being pessimistic or anything. I'm optimistic when it's required, and I criticize when that's required.

Yes I'm the one who created the thread cheering Pakistan on to recover from the 2nd ODI loss to NZ and destroy them in the 3rd ODI and win the series. And there's a reason behind it. The reason is that NZ is a joke ODI team, they won in the 2nd ODI only because of McCullum's stunning knock which happens once in a blue moon, and everyone in their right senses on PP will agree with me that Pakistan is a much stronger ODI team than NZ.

Simple as. I understand a lot of people like are just very patriotic and blindly support Pakistan to win each and every series in the world against any opposition anywhere, but those people seriously need to think realistically sometime. Are we seriously good enough to even beat India in a Test series? Maybe. Are we good enough to beat South Africa in a Test series? Most probably not. Are we good enough to beat Australia in a Test series? Absolutely no way.

It hasn't happen, and it won't be happening anytime soon. Like Momo said, hell will need to freeze :)))

:))) Indian's crying in this thread...need I remind you of your performances against Australia before the 2008 series Down Under when Australia was past its "dynasty" stage? :14:

haroonrasheed320 said:
ohh 2000, you forgot to mention the series of 1283, 1189, 1098, & 5000BC

They werent mentioned for a reason; OZ wasnt a dynasty til 99..

Dhoni gone, didn't look happy with that decision.

I'm watching a GEO Super stream - seriously GEO Super sucks so badly at broadcasting cricket, they always come back from an 'over break' after a delivery or two of the next over has already been bowled. I went to Karachi recently when the Champions Trophy was on and GEO was doing the same thing. Glad I had Supersport in my hotel room though which doesn't have any breaks at all. :D

Romali_rotti said:
They werent mentioned for a reason; OZ wasnt a dynasty til 99..

Australia only really became an unbeatable side post 2000, in 1999 if I recall correctly both India and Pakistan beat them at least once at home in an ODI

Paradox said:
everyone in their right senses on PP will agree with me that Pakistan is a much stronger ODI team than NZ.

Ahem. The NZ side you are playing is not but if they were at full strength I am sorry but they are a better ODI side than Pakistan. As in right now. Not on potential not on talent but on performance.

Gosh I hope this pitch isn't as bad as they're making it seem. Otherwise India may JUST rip through this batting order.

Bollinger is really really bowling very well. He's a great bowler, has it all - good pace, good accuracy, and good control.

Troubled Pakistan in the recent ODI series quite a bit as well.

Surely one for the future for Australia, along with McKay who's done quite well actually. Australia's pace attack in the future after Lee's gone will be very very strong, with Siddle, Bollinger, and Johnson.

Random Aussie said:
Ahem. The NZ side you are playing is not but if they were at full strength I am sorry but they are a better ODI side than Pakistan. As in right now. Not on potential not on talent but on performance.

Yeah Pakistan can beat any team in the world on their day, we're perhaps close to 1st in terms of potential and talent but the performance part is slightly lacking :younis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back