India v New Zealand | 1st ODI | Guwahati | 28/11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
chance for Indias fringe players to stake a claim i guess for place in WC sqaud.

G Gambhir*
M Vijay
YK Pathan
V Kohli
SK Raina
Yuvraj Singh
WP Saha†
R Ashwin
S Sreesanth
A Nehra
MM Patel

Ryder's injury big blow for NZ. Would have been clear favorites with him in 11.

good chance for m vijay and saurabh tiwary to cement their place in one day team. hope jadeja gets the axe. man he is annoying. i think he is retained because dhon wants him, i suspect he wants him becoz both dhoni and jadeja are rajputs, i remember how he backed rp singh just becoz he is a rajput, despite his bad bowling perfomances..

Among the fringe players, Saurabh Tiwary, Kohli and Ashwin seem to have a realistic chance of making it to the main team.

Gambhir: "It will be just a matter of seeing the first 6-7 overs and then build a total." Who are the players are out? " We have Ravindra Jadeja, Vinay Kumar and one more .. !" This is of course Gambhir's first ODI as a captain. hahaha

Doesn't matter who captains Indian side, no luck winning toss.

vijay out,caught by hopkins in bowling of tuffey.
get too much excited
:out

Last edited:
Kohli played well in the last series. Should be interesting to see how he performs

I have respect for Gautam as a captain..Atleast the guy has the balls to drop Jadeja

Holding praising Aamer again :(
lol he forgot Ishant Sharma's name but said he's not quite ready yet lmao :)))

oops wrong thread

Last edited:
Hope Ashwin plays well and make it tougher for Dhoni to justify selecting Jadeja. He looks like a handy bowler to have. Liked what I saw of him in the ipl

Will Vettori and McCullam be back for next match? We can't judge how good the newbies against a weakened NZ attack.

Hope Ashwin plays well and make it tougher for Dhoni to justify selecting Jadeja. He looks like a handy bowler to have. Liked what I saw of him in the ipl

Dude, no matter how much we try or wish, Dhoni wont drop Jadeja.. They are in love

LOL one can only wish that taking a break to spend with his wife will wean him away from all that love

Whos the wife..

Its like Pati, Patni or Woh.. In our case, its Dhoni, Jadeja or Woh

on a serious note, even I see Ashwin as a great talent..On turning pitches, we can keep Ashwin as 5th bowler for ODI worldcup..Mind you, he is an amazing batsman..the guy can clear grounds on will... otherwise, 7 batsman(Yousuf/Tiwari) and 4 bowlers for ODI worldcup

Whos the wife..

on a serious note, even I see Ashwin as a great talent..On turning pitches, we can keep Ashwin as 5th bowler for ODI worldcup..Mind you, he is an amazing batsman..the guy can clear grounds on will... otherwise, 7 batsman(Yousuf/Tiwari) and 4 bowlers for ODI worldcup

i doubt his batting ability.he is a spinner.

Whos the wife..

Ashwin will be great. We do need a wicket taking spinner. Bhajji nowadays concentrates in keeps the runs down. Ashwin doesn't seem to mind being taken for a few runs as long as he gets the wicket and given India's batting, we can afford to do that.

true. I don't remember anything about his batting for CSK. but then again how much worse than Jadeja can he be

we all know bhajji will play as front line spinner in world cup.
jadeja give us variation
ashwin not.

jadeja left arm orthodox is much needed than ashwin offspin.

Go Kiwis! I regard Ashwin as a bowling allrounder, sure he can occasionally get a 50 but generally a quick supporting cameo is the way I think?

Go Kiwis! I regard Ashwin as a bowling allrounder, sure he can occasionally get a 50 but generally a quick supporting cameo is the way I think?

I am not sure about how good he is with the bat but if he can make a few runs real quick he would have more than earned his place

we all know bhajji will play as front line spinner in world cup.
jadeja give us variation
ashwin not.

jadeja left arm orthodox is much needed than ashwin offspin.

Well if Jadeja performs he would be an asset so far I haven't seen him do well given all the chances.

Variation or not we do need some one who can take wickets in crunch time.

Last edited:
Yuvi's Innings proves that he is still in short of confidence.. Hope he can get back his form..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back