India v Pakistan | 1st Test | Delhi | 24/11/07 | Day 5

Plasma

First Class Captain
Runs
didn't see a thread.

Gangoo out!!

need 22 to win.

Go pakistan!

with fielders like kaneria and kamran ,how come pakistan win anything.Love shoaib's attitude in this inning a real fighter among P***ies.

Sohaib is diong a good job. But sami brainlessly and predictably is bowling too many bouncers.

If Pakistan had Asif, this would have been really competitive series. To make-up for it, they need 2 Ys to fire big time in rest of the series.

and let me write this for probably third time in 2 days- Watching Shoaib was delight in this test match! This guy surely underachieved a lot.

ball is keeping low

if we had scored another 100 runs we would have been taking a 1-0 series lead today

Sohaib's fitness is restricting him bowling long spells.. 4 over spell can easily be warded off.

Hash said:
ball is keeping low

if we had scored another 100 runs we would have been taking a 1-0 series lead today
Sami would have found a way to compensate for that

"Is that in the air?" Arun Lal squeaks as Tendulkar hooks Shoaib to sq leg. :D

1st ball of dani goes to 4 by tendu and raises his 50

Kaneria on, and dealt with harshly by Tendulkar. 4, and he reaches his 50. Well played sir! He has left his imprint on this match. Run out in the first innings, he has made his point I guess.

Sachin 50 ... great innings!!!!!!!

After great ODI series, Sachin seem to have shifted in test mode pretty nicely.
Great innings played by him in this test match .... he looked almost a certainity to last for atleast 90+ (but <100) runs! :D

MoYo, YK and Malik the villains...

Our middle oder was a total nothing this match.

If they don't get their acts together it will be 0-3.

this is very depressing loss special thanx to doctor bhai

kashif77 said:
MoYo, YK and Malik the villains...

Our middle oder was a total nothing this match.

If they don't get their acts together it will be 0-3.

bowler of the match for pakistan....Shoaib Akhtar
batsman of the match for pakistan....Misbah
garbage of the match for pakistan....the rest...

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
bowler of the match for pakistan....Shoaib Akhtar
batsman of the match for pakistan....Misbah
garbage of the match for pakistan....the rest...

Shoaib should honestly be MoM .. but of course they will give it to Kumble.

Is Malik drunk :p His english has vastly improved.. lol i couldnt help laughing when he said philosophically "In cricket you have some good days..you have some bad days.. "

cricinfo just posted a comment by malik that to win test matches you need to score 400 runs...well MALIK ke bache...you need to score big...not just 400....really this guy seems more like a statstician than a cricket....i wonder what he will ask the batters to do when/if we reach 400 ever...maybe he will just declare

jackal786 said:
Is Malik drunk :p His english has vastly improved.. lol i couldnt help laughing when he said philosophically "In cricket you have some good days..you have some bad days.. "
he is taking English classes but has totally forgotten about his batting classes. :12:

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
cricinfo just posted a comment by malik that to win test matches you need to score 400 runs...well MALIK ke bache...you need to score big...not just 400....really this guy seems more like a statstician than a cricket....i wonder what he will ask the batters to do when/if we reach 400 ever...maybe he will just declare

we did score 400 runs ... in both innings combined :)) :))

oiii malik plz get urself out of p5 ... u can't bat in the middle order in tests or odis .. the only hope you have is to open.

Not a horrible performance. Just the collapse where they lost 3 wickets for 12 runs in the 2nd innings cost the match.

Well our middle order failed in both innings yet we were able to match India until lunch on day 4 we were well in with a shout.

We need those guys to get some runs and if they do, I have no doubt we will win at least one test.

India played better than Pakistan but only so....a huge surprise awaits india in Australia....i think its a 4 test series and India will have to play out of their skins to even draw a single test...i guess once the aussies are done with India they will travel to Pak to blow up back to stone age also..:-D...but i just want to see how the 'best batting lineup' does against Australia....on the other side of the border we are a little more hesitant in making 'best' claims

PlanetPakistan said:
Not a horrible performance. Just the collapse where they lost 3 wickets for 12 runs in the 2nd innings cost the match.

exactly. Another 100 runs and we would have won.

No need to panic.

Hash said:
exactly. Another 100 runs and we would have won.

No need to panic.

well im not panicking, although it is very sad to see the team lose. I will be over it by tomorrow.

someone needs to make a thread about the good points of the match.

- Shoaib's bowling
- Akmal improving his keeping
- Fielding was better, most of the time

and so on, im too bored and going to sleep.

bye, good night.

jackal786 said:
"have some good days..have some bad days...by coincidence we have helluva a lot of bad days.. " :D

-end.

the biggest positive from today was that gul was up ad bowling again.

shoaib/gul/tanvir will be an awesome combination.

no easy runs there.

kashif77 said:
the biggest positive from today was that gul was up ad bowling again.
shoaib/gul/tanvir will be an awesome combination.

no easy runs there.

really? Where? Full run up and everything?

No Sami in the 2nd Test will be a big plus for us. Bar that one ball when he had Dravid plumb LBW but for Doctrove to give it not out he was basically a 12th man for India. Let's hope Gul is fit for Friday.

Another positive was our openers in the 2nd innings and Butt cementing his place even further.

slix10 said:
Asif/Shoaib/Gul.

ASG bring it.

Doesn't AAG sound better?

Doubt Asif will be back for 2nd Test. I think we will be at best be with Tanvir, Akhtar, Gul (TAG)

Hash said:
really? Where? Full run up and everything?

No Sami in the 2nd Test will be a big plus for us. Bar that one ball when he had Dravid plumb LBW but for Doctrove to give it not out he was basically a 12th man for India. Let's hope Gul is fit for Friday.

Another positive was our openers in the 2nd innings and Butt cementing his place even further.

yepp ...that's what bish said .. gul was up and bowling with the extended run up this morning.

Last ball Sami almost got a wicket. It missed the stump by a centimeter :(

12thMan said:
Last ball Sami almost got a wicket. It missed the stump by a centimeter :(

Really?
Well then it sums up the kind of match he had doesn't it.

Back