Status
Not open for further replies.

*sallu*

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
They believe. Sri Lanka Believe

Will be a great game

India will win. Tendulkar will get his 100.

MOM: Tendulkar
MOS: Tendulkar

What a innings by Jayawardene. I cant believe it. Over a 100 strike rate, and he paced it brilliantly. No slogging, no tuk tuk. Could be matchwinning

I said 2 hours ago 270 was a winning score, so I will stick to that and say SL are hot favorites now. Having said India should not have let them get to that score, especially the last 5 overs.

Good competitive score but achievable. Looking how Jayawerdana batted. shows it was not such a bad pitch to bat on. I think Sanga and Dilshan wasted time early and Lanka could have easily got 300 which i feel is par.

This will be a good game. Advantage Sri Lanka.

Let's go Lankan Lions!

Sri Lanka are a fantastic team,no matter what people say.Mahela Jayawardene had the hopes and dreams of an entire nation on his shoulders there.However,Sri Lanka should have easily got 300+ and their weak lower order was exposed,they need some big hitters at 7 and 8 and they lack that.

Only Perera seems able to do that job.

Last edited:
What a innings by Jayawardene. I cant believe it. Over a 100 strike rate, and he paced it brilliantly. No slogging, no tuk tuk. Could be matchwinning

Something that Pakistani batsmen cannot do.Hope they have been watching and learning from that masterclass.

it could be a tough chase.. but I am confident India will pull thru.

Chase-able score on this pitch, but I just think its 20 too many considering its WC final as well as the pressure batting 2nd. Sehwag will be the key for India - he needs to give them a flyer.

We just need to what we did against Wasim/ Waqar/ Shoaib in Centurion 2003 while chasing 274 odd.... :D

so glad naseer commentated the last over.
THEY BELIEVE!
SRI LANKA BELIEVE

got me pumped.

FINISH THEM

If Sachin fails today in front of the Mumbai crowd I won't be able to stop laughing :))) :)))

Oh and by the way...watch out for a certain Suraj Randiv.

Sri Lanka have won each of the 12 matches in which Jayawardene has scored a century. In wins he averages 41.22, but in defeats it drops to 23.93. -

India is now going to show Pakistan how to chase a total :sehwag

India's chase against Australia in the q/f will give them hope but Lanka know how to defend and have the tools to win this.

India have to attack early on and hope for the best.

lets put the best effort with the bat ....SL having some good bowlers ..but don't worry put your best ...and we'll WIN InshaAllah...:)

India will have to contend with two match-winning bowlers in Malinga and Murali. This will be a difficult chase; under lights with the new ball even Kulasekara becomes lethal!

copy and paste from the other thread.

A world cup century has been a winning one.

Lloyd 75

Viv 79

De Silva 96

Ponting 2003

Gilchrist 2007

Jaya 2011?

This would be the highest successful run-chase on this ground, if India pull through.

e99nhc.jpg

Oh boy tough chase ahead, probably fifteen runs above par. Yet not really worried about the target, if any team can chase this target down it has to be India, however i'm very worried about the momentum shift at mid innings break.

Hoping for a good second innings and the winner is going to be a truly deserved one.

BBC Test Match Special's Vic Marks

"A good omen from the past for Sri Lanka is that centurions have always ended up on the winning side in World Cup finals - Clive Lloyd (1975), Viv Richards (1979), Aravinda de Silva (1996), Ricky Ponting (2003) and Adam Gilchrist (2007)."

Something that Pakistani batsmen cannot do.Hope they have been watching and learning from that masterclass.

I hope more than anyone Umar learns from this innings. Misbah and Younis are hopefully gone for good. And since Umar looks like the future in limited overs cricket, he should learn to pace his innings better. Its not just about stroke making and big hitting, its about accelerating at the right time. Something which :inzi used to do constantly.

Last edited:
India will have to contend with two match-winning bowlers in Malinga and Murali. This will be a difficult chase; under lights with the new ball even Kulasekara becomes lethal!

It will be damn difficult but we'll do it. Just the perfect way to end a world cup - a thrilling last over finish!

Sri Lanka are a fantastic team,no matter what people say.Mahela Jayawardene had the hopes and dreams of an entire nation on his shoulders there.However,Sri Lanka should have easily got 300+ and their weak lower order was exposed,they need some big hitters at 7 and 8 and they lack that.

Only Perera seems able to do that job.

My friend the lower order did most of the job, Although Jaywardene was excellent, Sangakkara was decent. Openers failed and if it wasn't for the lower order they could have scored only around 240. You are right in a sense as they might not fire everyday but today was their day.

If there's a batting team that can chase this down, it is india's. Malinga's spell will be the key

copy and paste from the other thread.

A world cup century has been a winning one.

Lloyd 75

Viv 79

De Silva 96

Ponting 2003

Gilchrist 2007

Jaya 2011?

also
add the home team has never won a world cup
india is the home team

Sreesanth is the Indian Beast.......

of burden.

If he had bowled with a modicum of control, runs would have dried at both ends. that would have put SL under pressure.

i hope sachin play for his century at any cost to the extent of making others run out and wasting balls

hahaah

India's chances are gone
Srilanka literally murdered us today
With this Bowling Lineup we don't deserve to win World Cup
Congrats Srilanka
I wonder why we came so far with such team
We don't deserve to play international cricket with such bowling
Probably a Pakistan-Srilanka Finals would have made it look interesting

India's chances are gone
Srilanka literally murdered us today
With this Bowling Lineup we don't deserve to win World Cup
Congrats Srilanka
I wonder why we came so far with such team
We don't deserve to play international cricket with such bowling
Probably a Pakistan-Srilanka Finals would have made it look interesting

Too early to say anything. Inda still have 50 overs to bat. India have the batting lineup to chase it down, but yes this is the WC Final.

I think this will be a good 2nd innings

Too much big match pressure. Collapse coming up, Mumbai burning down :afridi

any chance of the ground to be burned down
it was newly built :D i pity the people who made it

zaheer khan bowled 10 overs for 60 runs .. and it includes 3 maidens

sreesanth 52 runs from 8 ... no maidens

isn't a big difference in the end!

thats out for sure

has to be the most selfish review!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back