India v Sri Lanka | Final | WC'11 | Mumbai | 2/4/11 | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
controversy at the toss!!! :p

Big advantage batting first as we saw in the india-pak game!

MSD deserves to lose for not picking Ashwin.

MSD why do u want to risk playing Sreesanth in a pressure cooker game like today? :facepalm:

What is the advantage of batting first? what is the due factor. What are the drawbacks of batting second. ?

I tell you that if Lanka puts more than 300 on the board which is a real possibility, then it is so difficult to chase in a pressure cooker....

MSD deserves to lose for not picking Ashwin.

I won't be surprised if we do. But I just hope we come up with a right result like last game (even after leaving out ASHWIN on a spin friendly track).

Sometimes, I really don't know why MSD does what he does? :(

What is the advantage of batting first? what is the due factor. What are the drawbacks of batting second. ?

No substitute of putting runs on the board in a pressure game. Any target can put the opposition under pressure.

India will win because they won't be spraying any chemicals for the dew. :)))

I tell you that if Lanka puts more than 300 on the board which is a real possibility, then it is so difficult to chase in a pressure cooker....

I bet you they wont.

they wont having a fragile Middle order. They won't unless Sanga and Jayawardene will score big. But I guess Zaheer is there to take care of 'em

I won't be surprised if we do. But I just hope we come up with a right result like last game (even after leaving out ASHWIN on a spin friendly track).

Sometimes, I really don't know why MSD does what he does? :(

The last game, the fragile Pakistani batting saved him. Thought he'd learn a lesson leaving out India's best spinner by far. Ashwin has bowled in the toughest situations and gotten wickets or restricted runs or both.

And Sreesath, the less said of him the better. :))

I have a feeling the Toss will become the most debated topic of the game if India lose. Bad omen for India if you ask me; Dhonni won the first Toss.

Sanga cheated,he clearly called tails the first time

I could have sworn I heard Sangakara call "Tails" on the first toss when it was heads on the live Willow TV Feed...

Weird that the mics couldn't pick it up more clearly....

I doubt we will see any due in this ground. If we see the last game that was played here (Sri Lanka Vs NZ) pitch become slower and spinner friendly like most of the Indian ground.

Mian draw back of Batting second is, we have a mental scar against Lankans in big tournament finals. It will be an herculean task for us to come up with a win against this pretty good Lankan bowling attack. They look virtually covered up all their bases.

batting second suits india they are better chasers. Not sure what to make of the sri lanka team hope they click

Either Sanga lost the first toss and decided to have another go or he won the toss but Dhoni refused to take his word for it.

Either way not a great start for a WC final

India couldn't afford to chase against Pakistani bowling line up so India won the toss. They can chase against SL so SL won the toss.

yes WE can win the match yesss
if we score past 250

when india batting tendu will want to score his 100 at any cost make others run out put pressure on others
he might have a loot balls for his hunrdred

Either Sanga lost the first toss and decided to have another go or he won the toss but Dhoni refused to take his word for it.

Either way not a great start for a WC final

If what I heard/seen from the TV was right then, sanga called for tails first and so MSD was told to have won the toss by jeff crowe. Then Sanga said I also called for Heads only.This confusion lead to re-toss.

I doubt we will see any due in this ground. If we see the last game that was played here (Sri Lanka Vs NZ) pitch become slower and spinner friendly like most of the Indian ground.

Mian draw back of Batting second is, we have a mental scar against Lankans in big tournament finals. It will be an herculean task for us to come up with a win against this pretty good Lankan bowling attack. They look virtually covered up all their bases.

Are you trying to jinx it by saying It will be an herculean task for us to come up with a win against this pretty good Lankan bowling attack. Srilanka dont have mathewss, A middle order batting/bowling threat. Murli is a piece of cake for Indians TBH, as he is 37 :yk

India had a wobble against Pakistan - the result is not that simple.

LOL..what happened at the toss? Did SAnga called tails first and what did he say when it came out as heads?

yes WE can win the match yesss
if we score past 250

when india batting tendu will want to score his 100 at any cost make others run out put pressure on others
he might have a loot balls for his hunrdred

SL don't review any lbw decisions against him....and all lbw's against him will be overturned in his favour

There goes Sachin's chance of scoring hundred. how can he go for century when Srilanka will fold for 150 odd? :p

Are you trying to jinx it by saying It will be an herculean task for us to come up with a win against this pretty good Lankan bowling attack. Srilanka dont have mathewss, A middle order batting/bowling threat. Murli is a piece of cake for Indians TBH, as he is 37 :yk

More than Murali, I am worried about Thissera Perrera and Randhiv

YESSSSSSSS Lanka Lions go and rip apart the arrogance of the Indians

ZaltzCricket Andy Zaltzman
TOSS UPDATE: Apparently, Sanga's cal was inaudible above the crowd din. Dhoni thought he'd won it. Retoss went to SL.

There goes Sachin's chance of scoring hundred. how can he go for century when Srilanka will fold for 150 odd? :p

you want the cup or sachin's hundred :sachin

messed up priorities for indian fans

SL don't review any lbw decisions against him....and all lbw's against him will be overturned in his favour
we dont want him out
if he stays we can win :D
he is definetly going to play for his century which is good for us

If what I heard/seen from the TV was right then, sanga called for tails first and so MSD was told to have won the toss by jeff crowe. Then Sanga said I also called for Heads only.This confusion lead to re-toss.

Heard the same "Tails" call as well by Sangakara. I wonder why they aern't replaying that audio feed, since we could hear it initially.

Tension tension Tension......:(

WC final .......

We'll WIn ..We'll WIn ..we'll Win....InshaAllah ...:)

Yes, all the other teams barring India and all the players barring Indian players are pathetic. :)))

My seven yr old informs me that Both Captains are WicketKeepers :)

if we win
I M SURE THE WHOLE INDIA MEDIA WILL make A MOCKERY OF THE TOSS

Have told my Indian Colleagues that after the torture of having to eat a celebration cake on Thursday, I will refuse to eat any more cake on Sunday !

How many teams have won batting first of this venue? anybody wiling to provide any information?

Boria Majumdar after Dar now.

Ran a farce in 2007 and that umpire is officiating today.

if we win
I M SURE THE WHOLE INDIA MEDIA WILL make A MOCKERY OF THE TOSS

I can already imagine the slo motion toss pictures along with sensational headlines. Sangha did cheat but you expect that from him.

What is more important today Manchester United trip to West Ham. Or this?

I'm confused.

Cmon guys - lets not make fun of peoples anthems etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back