India vs England | 1st T20I | Pune | 20/12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket sport

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Match scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM local time (13:30 GMT)

India squad
MS Dhoni*†, R Ashwin, P Awana, PP Chawla, AB Dinda, G Gambhir, RA Jadeja, V Kohli, B Kumar, A Mithun, AM Rahane, SK Raina, AT Rayudu, RG Sharma, Yuvraj Singh

England squad
EJG Morgan*, JM Bairstow, TT Bresnan, DR Briggs, JC Buttler†, JW Dernbach, AD Hales, JAR Harris, MJ Lumb, SC Meaker, SR Patel, JE Root, JC Tredwell, LJ Wright

Venue details: Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, Pune
Weather: 28-21'C, clear skies,About 30% humidity

For India, its time to savage some pride after humiliation in the test series.

For Eng, try new coach, captain & team combinations

Last edited:
I was about to delete this thread, thought you were trolling. Didn't even know we had a match today. lol :yk

Well lets see if India can win this match. I think they have a better chance of winning this.

England have got to let India win this

It will be a shame if we let England win this as well after all the talk of IPL :))

Just a formality.

Yes should be a walk in the park for India. All they have to do is to show up for the match right?
So will India win by 10 wickets or a 100+ runs margin? Raina to clubber a 38 ball ton! and Ashwin claiming 8-for.
And the humiliation from Test matches will be forgotton in no time.

India will get a good walloping just like they did in the tests. England have damaged India badly in the last couple of years, they have been mentally disintegrated. I fancy England to win every match against India, in any format, anywhere in the world.

Yes should be a walk in the park for India. All they have to do is to show up for the match right?
So will India win by 10 wickets or a 100+ runs margin? Raina to clubber a 36 ball ton! and Ashwin claiming 8-for.
And the humiliation from Test matches will be forgotton in no time.

edited :p

Well last game England were shot out for 80 by elgends such as Piyush Warne and Harbhajan Muralitharan. So, nothing much in this game. If Dernbach plays, game is India's. Dernbach is one of the worst bowlers going around.

Well last game England were shot out for 80 by elgends such as Piyush Warne and Harbhajan Muralitharan. So, nothing much in this game. If Dernbach plays, game is India's. Dernbach is one of the worst bowlers going around.

Well I think Dernbach is a clever T20 bowler. But well, outfoxing :misbah in LOIs isn't the hardest thing to do.

Eng squad looks hell weak. ind will win it with ease that is if they want to and are up for the match.

India will win it. They have a good chance for it but it can never remove the stain of the test loss.

thrashing them in T20s is the best thing todo to avenge our test series loss :afridi

England have won the proper cricket series. Now I expect India to win the Twenty20 Mickey Mouse Cup.

Can't believe they have dropped Bairstow. He loves Indian attack.

I'm glad that England have dropped Kieswetter.

Here we go: 1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Ajinkya Rahane, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Suresh Raina, 6 MS Dhoni (capt), 7 R Ashwin, 8 Ravindra Jadeja, 9 Piyush Chawla, 10 Ashok Dinda, 11 Parwinder Awana

Here is the England team: 1 Alex Hales, 2 Michael Lumb, 3 Luke Wright, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Samit Patel, 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 Tim Bresnan, 8 James Tredwell, 9 Stuart Meaker, 10 Danny Briggs, 11 Jade Dernbach

England team: Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, Luke Wright, Eoin
Morgan, Samit Patel, Jos Buttler, Tim
Bresnan, James Tredwell, Stuart
Meaker, Danny Briggs, Jade Dernbach

This is BS team. Six bowlers is too much when Wright and Samit can bowl a bit. Johnny could've played, wright can easily bowl a few overs at the start and Samit a few in the middle.

Mark my words, England will destroy India even with our 'B' lineup.

If India lose then its gonna be utter humiliation for them.

But I do not agree that India will enter as clear favourites. They are yet to recover from the battering they received in the test series and they have a lot pride at stake, adding further pressure. England are tension free and they need to worry even if they fail to win.

Shocker is sharma was dropped guess Dhoni doesnt want anymore trouble in selecting the playing 11

Dinda bowling at 140k and getting smashed to the boundary at 150k:)))

Hug for Tredwell from Mushtaq Ahmed when he presented him with his first T20 cap.

dhinda frustrated.....guess he is not used to his thunderbolts being sent to the boundary :waqar

Hahaha...

Dinda will always be a rubbish bowler.

I wonder how these idiots gets selected. Dinda Abhimanyu Mithun are rubbish to the core.

Why are the Indians bowling short even after getting hammered for boundaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back