Indian Premier League | Day 19 | Delhi | Apr 28, 2016 | Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
Mumbai Indians Squad
RG Sharma*, CJ Anderson, JJ Bumrah, JC Buttler, UBT Chand, M de Lange, S Gopal, MJ Guptill, Harbhajan Singh, K Kamath, SD Lad, MJ McClenaghan, HH Pandya, KH Pandya, PA Patel, KA Pollard, DS Punia, N Rana, AT Rayudu, JM Sharma, NB Singh, TG Southee, J Suchith, JE Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, AA Wakhare

Kolkata Knight Riders Squad
G Gambhir*, PP Chawla, GB Hogg, JO Holder, SP Jackson, Kuldeep Yadav, CA Lynn, Manan Sharma, M Morkel, C Munro, SP Narine, MK Pandey, YK Pathan, AS Rajpoot, AD Russell, R Sathish, Shakib Al Hasan, JD Unadkat, RV Uthappa, SA Yadav, UT Yadav

Almost all of KKR players are in very good form specially
G Gambhir, PP Chawla, MK Pandey, AD Russell, RV Uthappa, SA Yadav, Umesh Yadav . Its very hard to beat them. So even if Bangladesh couldn't do anything in the asia cup and t20 world cup they should be happy that Indian players will win it for them in KKR.

Mumbai winning would make the points table more interesting. Supporting neither of the teams. Hope it will be a close contest like the one yesterday. But I have a soft spot for the team which bats first though.

Almost all of KKR players are in very good form specially
G Gambhir, PP Chawla, MK Pandey, AD Russell, RV Uthappa, SA Yadav, Umesh Yadav . Its very hard to beat them. So even if Bangladesh couldn't do anything in the asia cup and t20 world cup they should be happy that Indian players will win it for them in KKR.

Barring Shakib there isn't any Bangali. This is a fake Bengal team.

One wonders why Uthappa in spite of all the talent in the world is a failure at international level. Mentally weak perhaps.

Barring Shakib there isn't any Bangali. This is a fake Bengal team.

IPL should make a rule that at least two LOCAL players whether they are capped/uncapped should in the playing XI. That would make the local fans support their local teams instead of making them support other teams or not support at all.

Pollard doesn't look fit to me don't understand why Corey Anderson hasn't been given some more games this year. :anderson

Question to Indian Fans only: The more I see Bhajji, the more I'm convinced that he's bending it beyond 15 deg. I know Pak and BD fans have been alleging the same for a while. Do you think the same?

Pollard doesn't look fit to me don't understand why Corey Anderson hasn't been given some more games this year. :anderson

I still remember his innings when he scored 90 odd to chase 190+ score in 14 overs which made MI qualify for playoffs.

Question to Indian Fans only: The more I see Bhajji, the more I'm convinced that he's bending it beyond 15 deg. I know Pak and BD fans have been alleging the same for a while. Do you think the same?

He chucks for sure. Whenever he is taken to the cleaners, he chucks. He is over the hill anyways. Will not play for India.

Pandya is a beast against BD players. Snared Shakib for nothing.

KKR rollicking along nicely at 121/2, setting it up perfectly for the likes of Pathan and Russell to finish.

I dont think it matters for Indian fans that whether Bhajji is banned or not. So mostly fans will say Yes, irrespective of whether he chucks or not. But yes I also think that he should be tested. I cant comment on it.

Shakib has been poor with the bat lately. Happens to every player.

Does Bumrah have any other thing is his armour except bowling yorkers? Can't swing the ball even on green pitches. Even in bowling yorkers, he is no Malinga. He hasn't done anything in domestic matches either. Can't believe he debuted for India at the highest level and it's so irritating to see the fans rating him so highly. That goes to show the talent of fast bowlers in India. Coming to his fielding, the less we talk the better. Can India ever produce a quality fast bowler?

Russell bowled by Southee. Big wicket.

Yousuf Pathan announces his entry with consecutive fours.

156/5 (18)

Man i always feel sad for these Kiwi players,they look so sad.

Does Bumrah have any other thing is his armour except bowling yorkers? Can't swing the ball even on green pitches. Even in bowling yorkers, he is no Malinga. He hasn't done anything in domestic matches either. Can't believe he debuted for India at the highest level and it's so irritating to see the fans rating him so highly. That goes to show the talent of fast bowlers in India. Coming to his fielding, the less we talk the better. Can India ever produce a quality fast bowler?

Yes he can swing the ball and both ways, he has slower delievery, he has yorker as you know, he has many deliveries to decieve a batsman. Anything else needed to debut at highest level?

Man i always feel sad for these Kiwi players,they look so sad.

Thats what happens when you dont win any silverware to show off. SA and NZ are everyone's second favorite because they are tragic and evoke sympathy. They can win all the bilateral games they want but unless you get one of those winner's medals, you are incomplete and sad as a player.

He doesn't. All he needs to do is bowl yorkers and more often than not he delivers. His accuracy is impressive considering his debut game was just 4 months ago. His role is of a finisher and bowl yorkers. That's it.

Thats what happens when you dont win any silverware to show off. SA and NZ are everyone's second favorite because they are tragic and evoke sympathy. They can win all the bilateral games they want but unless you get one of those winner's medals, you are incomplete and sad as a player.

Very true ,both the teams evoke sympathy except Dale Steyn,Baz and i prefer their aggression.

Who is this administrator from NBA? Man Sony is really banking NBA .

Last edited:
Really hope Azhar Ali can get to his ton here, needs the confidence for the English ODI series.

Babar as well. Hope he smashes that Arshad Sheikh, jobber is in the team because of his daddy anyways.

Common at least you have Shakib.

who isn't even from west bengal.

I just think there should be a discount for each team after they bought their preferred player in the auction. Say mumbai won Tendulkar, for 2 million in auction when the 2nd highest bid was 1.9 million, however Mumbai will eventually pay just 1.6 million USD. There will be such players for every team, around 5-6 options. That way there will be more locals in each team makes the league exciting.

IPL viewership has decreased massively, there just isn't that connection for the fans anymore really. This also happens in leagues like BPL or PSL.

I just think there should be a discount for each team after they bought their preferred player in the auction. Say mumbai won Tendulkar, for 2 million in auction when the 2nd highest bid was 1.9 million, however Mumbai will eventually pay just 1.6 million USD. There will be such players for every team, around 5-6 options. That way there will be more locals in each team makes the league exciting.

IPL viewership has decreased massively, there just isn't that connection for the fans anymore really. This also happens in leagues like BPL or PSL.
I agree but I don't think they would do that . It would be better for ipl though. Maybe in the next auction after 4 years or whenever it takes place.

? Most Bangalore fans identify with Kohli-Gayle-ABD than they do with Dravid or Vinay Kumar lol.

CSK fans probably identify with Dhoni-Ash-Bravo-Raina than Murgan Ashwin or Vijay.

If the core of the team is maintained for long fans identify with them unlike DD which keeps changing.

I still remember his innings when he scored 90 odd to chase 190+ score in 14 overs which made MI qualify for playoffs.

Hahah u just reminded me of that, this is a problem with ipl a lot of players don't get games and also pollard is half fit but still playing just to collect his pay check. If he was Australian or English they wouldn't have him starting an international game till he was fully fit.

? Most Bangalore fans identify with Kohli-Gayle-ABD than they do with Dravid or Vinay Kumar lol.

CSK fans probably identify with Dhoni-Ash-Bravo-Raina than Murgan Ashwin or Vijay.

If the core of the team is maintained for long fans identify with them unlike DD which keeps changing.
I am sad and I have to agree that I like when delhi wins but I don't mind seeing them lose. I have no loyalty but dravid is the best thing that has happened to us so I am positive this year.

Yadav strikes him and Buvi kumar are 2 Indian bowlers who I like and think they can be respectable bowlers for India.

I am sad and I have to agree that I like when delhi wins but I don't mind seeing them lose. I have no loyalty but dravid is the best thing that has happened to us so I am positive this year.

Yes ,am supporting them too this time,hard not to for a bowling oriented team with dravid and paddy as support staff

But they have to continue with this core for atleast 2 seasons,atleast they retained Duminy-Tahir-Mishra.

I agree but I don't think they would do that . It would be better for ipl though. Maybe in the next auction after 4 years or whenever it takes place.

Which is exactly the purpose of the player retention policy! KKR has taken in Gambhir, RCB kohli so on. And they ain't letting them go.

But those who are up for auction, well that is a different story.

Really hope Azhar Ali can get to his ton here, needs the confidence for the English ODI series.

Babar as well. Hope he smashes that Arshad Sheikh, jobber is in the team because of his daddy anyways.

If only he was even playing :uakmal

Fizz has had more of an impact this IPL compared to Shakib.

has been very substandard. He was instrumental in KKR winning those IPL titles. Should and will be dropped next match. Needs rest, he has been playing non stop T20s for like 4-5 years month straight. PSL, AC, WT20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back