Indian Premier League | Day 7 | Delhi | Apr 15, 2016 | Match thread

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
Delhi Daredevils Squad
Z Khan*, MA Agarwal, KK Ahmed, SW Billings, CR Brathwaite, NM Coulter-Nile, Q de Kock, JP Duminy, AA Herwadkar, Imran Tahir, SS Iyer, MK Lomror, CV Milind, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, CH Morris, S Nadeem, KK Nair, P Negi, RR Pant, Pratyush Singh, SV Samson, P Suyal, J Yadav

Kings XI Punjab Squad
DA Miller*, KJ Abbott, Anureet Singh, Armaan Jaffer, F Behardien, KC Cariappa, R Dhawan, Gurkeerat Singh, MG Johnson, SE Marsh, GJ Maxwell, NS Naik, AR Patel, WP Saha, P Sahu, Sandeep Sharma, MM Sharma, MP Stoinis, Swapnil Singh, SN Thakur, M Vijay, M Vohra

Last edited:
How comes this year they're only playing one game a day? Surely in the past they had 2 days a game some of the days.

Punjab has the worst team in ipl, won't be surprised if they finish with the wooden spoon again.

This tournament is so long, can't watch it even though it's on sky sports now.

Need more days with two games man.

You should definitely watch RCB's matches, most entertaining team.
Gayle,kohli,De villiers and Watson as the top 4 are too good to miss!

Didn't except this from you battler :mv :jaya, you have abandoned your home team :9:

I want them to do well, but seriously look at the players, Maxwell aur Miller ke illawa kaun hai? And even they are pretty inconsistent.
That's why I jumped ship and supporting RCB now :gayle :kohli :ab

This game must be hard for Punjabis in Delhi thinking whom to support, Delhi is useless and Punjab has the punjabi feeling but still a useless team.

The ones in Delhi supporting DD in this match might be the UP walas,Biharis and the Haryanvis who hate Punjabis.

How comes this year they're only playing one game a day? Surely in the past they had 2 days a game some of the days.

Its so hot outside, if they players get out there they might just go up in flames.

The ones in Delhi supporting DD in this match might be the UP walas,Biharis and the Haryanvis who hate Punjabis.

I don't think Delhi people are that passionate followers of a particular team.. Till last year when I used to go to watch matches people used to cheer for boundaries regardless of who was hitting.. Most people just come to watch boundaries and don't have any affiliation to any team.. This is one of the reasons why Delhi has always been in a bad state of people were passionate like in Kolkatta maybe it would put pressure on GMR to actually get a good team..

First IPL in Delhi that I will miss. Have attended each and every IPL match played at Kotla so far.

Somehow just not excited enough this time even though Delhi has the most exciting young Indian talent - Iyer, Nair, Samson, Negi, Risabh Pant, Herwadkar, Milind,, Khaleel Ahmed, Lomror

3-4 of them could be playing for India by 2019

I don't think Delhi people are that passionate followers of a particular team.. Till last year when I used to go to watch matches people used to cheer for boundaries regardless of who was hitting.. Most people just come to watch boundaries and don't have any affiliation to any team.. This is one of the reasons why Delhi has always been in a bad state of people were passionate like in Kolkatta maybe it would put pressure on GMR to actually get a good team..

Well DD hardly has any Delhi players to be that passionate about the franchise,also they have been a useless team barring a couple of seasons chopping and creating new teams :facepalm: - Dhawan,Gambhir,Kohli or even Ishant aren't playing for Delhi but all of them play for national team surely that's no inspiring to see.

Don't be jelly, SIF, just cause you don't have a team this year :msd, we are slow starters, we'll peak at the business end of the tournament, dhoom punjabi :gayle

Nothing against Kings or Delhi.

IPL is fun when teams are balanced dude.

I am genuinely annoyed that they screwed up in auctions.

Pune screwed up too. No good pacers and a very good Test team we have built.

And when has Kings XI ever peaked in IPL except for 2 seasons (and even then they couldn't win it). ;-)

Anyways, I am hoping to see young guns like Iyer, Mayank, Gurukeerat, etc fire.

Delhi used to have Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhawan and ABD playing for them.

It even had Dirk Nannes too.

All were given away.

:)))

This is why you need brains to build a team.

CSK's success was because it was managed by India Cements who know how to build teams.

Well DD hardly has any Delhi players to be that passionate about the franchise,also they have been a useless team barring a couple of seasons chopping and creating new teams :facepalm: - Dhawan,Gambhir,Kohli or even Ishant aren't playing for Delhi but all of them play for national team surely that's no inspiring to see.

First couple of season most of the players played for their home team so Delhi was alright.. I don't know why but it seems like owners don't even want to win the IPL... They just want to compete and are here to make up numbers, that's the feeling I get now from DD..

Nothing against Kings or Delhi.

IPL is fun when teams are balanced dude.

I am genuinely annoyed that they screwed up in auctions.

Pune screwed up too. No good pacers and a very good Test team we have built.

And when has Kings XI ever peaked in IPL except for 2 seasons (and even then they couldn't win it). ;-)

Anyways, I am hoping to see young guns like Iyer, Mayank, Gurukeerat, etc fire.

Who do you think has the best team in ipl this year?

First couple of season most of the players played for their home team so Delhi was alright.. I don't know why but it seems like owners don't even want to win the IPL... They just want to compete and are here to make up numbers, that's the feeling I get now from DD..

Yeah,they seem to be an arrogant bunch chopping players,support staff at will,have a feeling Dravid will be out next season.

All were given away.

CSK's success was because it was managed by India Cements who know how to build teams.

Don't forget Warner.

some of these IPL teams have no idea how to build a team. A good team should have some key core players which some of these teams don't have.

Punjab is led by Miller, miller who? And when has he been a captain of any proper team before? And who are these players like Marcus Stoinis.

I liked teams like Gujarat lions and Pune, new teams but very well setup with key local and international stars.

some of these IPL teams have no idea how to build a team. A good team should have some key core players which some of these teams don't have.

Punjab is led by Miller, miller who? And when has he been a captain of any proper team before? And who are these players like Marcus Stoinis.

I liked teams like Gujarat lions and Pune, new teams but very well setup with key local and international stars.

They are not new teams, they are CSK part 1 and CSK part 2 :msd

Iyer
Samson
Karun Nair
Duminy
Billings
Brathwaite
Negi
Tahir
Mishra
Zaheer
Suyal

With Shami still recovering, is this their best team ? Shami not being available is complicating things even further for DD.

Even though these two teams are not the strongest in the tournament expect a close game, maxwell and Miller have to fire for the Kings the rest of there batting does not seem great and Mitchell Johnson needs to stop being a spray gun. For Delhi there bowling isn't hat bad the batting needs to improve, if they can get a decent start than Morris and braithwaithe can finish off and put them in a good position.
I will go for Delhi to win today.

Don't miss RCB matches, apart from :ab :kohli :gayle and Watto they also have youngsta beauty Sarfaraz from U19 team and Kashmiri spinner Parvez Rasool. It's fun :yk

Yeah,they seem to be an arrogant bunch chopping players,support staff at will,have a feeling Dravid will be out next season.

I guess the only good thing about DD is that they have so many youngsters with Dravid at the helm... hopefully he passes some of his traits to the kids..

KingsXI Punjab has the poorest overseas talent in the tournament.

Interested to watch the youngsta beauties turning up for DD.

Who do you think has the best team in ipl this year?

Since I don't know exactly which players are in which teams fully, its hard to tell accurately.

A team needs to have SOLID bowling to win IPL (goes without saying good batting is needed or else it won't even make the playoffs).

If we see all the IPL winners (by and large), its by a team that had a strong bowling attack with 1 PROMINENT STRIKE bowler (be it Bolllinger for CSK or Malinga for MI or Narine for KKR).

CSK won its IPLs due to Bollinger, Ashwin, Murali, Jakati combo.
MI won its IPLs due to Malinga, Johnson, Bhajji, in form Ojha combo.
KKR won its IPL due to Narine and other spinners plus Bhatia with some pacers.

Right now, no team's bowling stands out.

On paper, the best side is RCB without a doubt (especially when Starc comes in...even if he doesn't, they are pretty decent).

KKR has a deep batting but hopeless pacers and post ban Narine may make them weak. Though on sluggish tracks, they are favourites.

Gujarat Lions are not bad too (though their batting can be a bit of hit or miss). Their bowling is good (as long as its not a hopeless flat track). Jaddu and Jakati are okay (they will do well one day but carted another day) but with Tambe, they do make a decent combo. Add in Bravo and Faulkner and its a pretty irritating bowling lineup to smash.

All teams have their strengths or weaknesses. Don't see any standout team with all bases covered.

So I guess RCB and then comes rest.

In the next few weeks, we may get an idea about the teams.

New auctions and its hard to say where everyone stands.

I think there is going to be a full auction next year as there is a auction once in every 3 years. The last time where there was a full auction was back in 2014. I wish there would be two more new IPL teams for next season. RCB MI CSK KKR are an asset to the IPL. The fans of those teams are very passionate and support their home teams. Teams like DD RR have never had any support from even their home states, let alone from other regions and Mohali ground hardly gets filled up. IPL need new teams which could increase the excitement, brand value, rivalry. Kerala(Kochi) and Andhra(Vizag), having IPL teams for these two states will do good for the IPL. I hope they each have a team.

Since I don't know exactly which players are in which teams fully, its hard to tell accurately.

A team needs to have SOLID bowling to win IPL (goes without saying good batting is needed or else it won't even make the playoffs).

If we see all the IPL winners (by and large), its by a team that had a strong bowling attack with 1 PROMINENT STRIKE bowler (be it Bolllinger for CSK or Malinga for MI or Narine for KKR).

CSK won its IPLs due to Bollinger, Ashwin, Murali, Jakati combo.
MI won its IPLs due to Malinga, Johnson, Bhajji, in form Ojha combo.
KKR won its IPL due to Narine and other spinners plus Bhatia with some pacers.

Right now, no team's bowling stands out.

On paper, the best side is RCB without a doubt (especially when Starc comes in...even if he doesn't, they are pretty decent).

KKR has a deep batting but hopeless pacers and post ban Narine may make them weak. Though on sluggish tracks, they are favourites.

Gujarat Lions are not bad too (though their batting can be a bit of hit or miss). Their bowling is good (as long as its not a hopeless flat track). Jaddu and Jakati are okay (they will do well one day but carted another day) but with Tambe, they do make a decent combo. Add in Bravo and Faulkner and its a pretty irritating bowling lineup to smash.

All teams have their strengths or weaknesses. Don't see any standout team with all bases covered.

So I guess RCB and then comes rest.

In the next few weeks, we may get an idea about the teams.

New auctions and its hard to say where everyone stands.

I think Rcb and Guj lions should make the play-offs.
The next 2 spots will be fought between Kkr, MI and Pune.
As for Delhi I actually rate their batting like line up so lets see how they go. Sun Risers and KXIP have very low chances.

Murali Vijay looks so weird now absolute Saidapet- Royapettah hairstyle.

whats with this obsession with Morris?

He is not too great with bat or ball, never seen him perform too well in the international stage and certainly not in the WT20.

All were given away.

Also they were the ones who brought warner,maxwell,finch

whats with this obsession with Morris?

He is not too great with bat or ball, never seen him perform too well in the international stage and certainly not in the WT20.

They tried to be oversmart.

Chris Morris and Pawan Negi are their top 2 costliest buys.

:))

I think there is going to be a full auction next year as there is a auction once in every 3 years. The last time where there was a full auction was back in 2014. I wish there would be two more new IPL teams for next season. RCB MI CSK KKR are an asset to the IPL. The fans of those teams are very passionate and support their home teams. Teams like DD RR have never had any support from even their home states, let alone from other regions and Mohali ground hardly gets filled up. IPL need new teams which could increase the excitement, brand value, rivalry. Kerala(Kochi) and Andhra(Vizag), having IPL teams for these two states will do good for the IPL. I hope they each have a team.

Will IPL teams be allowed to retain players?

I hope not.

Maiden over by Zak. as per Cricbuzz app it was a fantastic over.

Utterly RIDICULOUS lineup by Punjab.

4 bowlers with Axar Patel and Saha as batsmen.

So they are basically playing with 5 batsmen out of which 2 are back in the hut.

[MENTION=139973]carrom_ball[/MENTION] do you still blame me for jumping ship? :p
Punjab is a nothing side lame bowlers, lame batsmen and 2 inconsistent hitters, recipe for disaster!

I always believed India should play 3 spinners in Asia.

In away tours, I would trust Mishra over Jadeja to pick wickets.

Mishra might be a mental midget, but the man can can spin the ball and has a wonderful googly. He is a must in Test matches.

MashAllah the boys playing some great test cricket [MENTION=139973]carrom_ball[/MENTION]:amla

[MENTION=139973]carrom_ball[/MENTION] do you still blame me for jumping ship? :p
Punjab is a nothing side lame bowlers, lame batsmen and 2 inconsistent hitters, recipe for disaster!

Vohra still out there, we are gonna win this :afridi, our foreign players are contributing nothing, otherwise this ipl was ours for the taking :yk2, still nothing to worry about, killer Miller and glenndeep Singh maxwell might come to party at the business end of the tournament :srini

Back