Indian school book brands Khomeini as 'one of world's most evil men.’

So you want a survey among 200mn Muslims?

When their political and religious leadership eulogises these rulers, its bound to create issues.
I don’t care about any survey to be done and India would not do any survey from Muslim community as it open the doors to survey from majority population.

I don’t care about any survey to be done and India would not do any survey from Muslim community as it open the doors to survey from majority population.
Was trying to understand hate driven false narrative coming out of by majority politicians and regurgitated by their followers has any truth to it or it’s just a political narrative that is easily sold to majority.

Was trying to understand hate driven false narrative coming out of by majority politicians and regurgitated by their followers has any truth to it or it’s just a political narrative that is easily sold to majority.

When the political and religious leadership of Muslims in India will praise bigoted invaders, and their supporters will support it, it will get similar response from the other communities.

Almost Every non Muslims community in India, Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists all of them have suffered at the hands of these invaders.

If Muslims make them heroes, the reaction from the others will not be a friendly one.

When the political and religious leadership of Muslims in India will praise bigoted invaders, and their supporters will support it, it will get similar response from the other communities.

Almost Every non Muslims community in India, Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists all of them have suffered at the hands of these invaders.

If Muslims make them heroes, the reaction from the others will not be a friendly one.
Sir, you have to present evidence for your claim as to how many Muslims revered invaders of India and what actions of Muslims of India are in support for invaders? Simply practicing Islam by Muslims isn’t enough.

Even if your claim has any truth then how’s bigotry against all Muslims is tolerated unless it is inherited hatred that need an excuse to be bigots?

I think you mean Ravaan.. he is considering to be evil in ways to an extent where every year during Dussera majority Hindus burn his effigies(and his brothers)… so you don’t need a textbook to tell you that considering that is the book (Ramayana) more Indians would had read than this textbook.

Ravan was somewhat considered as a demon but respected for his dedication before that.

Please list top 5 evil Hindu persons in history ?

Khomeini is evil, he arrogantly ruined Salman Rushdie's life for the simple crime of writing a novel. For those who complain about islamophobia in the West before 9/11, you can trace the root cause of it back to this man.
Replace Khomeni with Modi and Rushdi with Sidhu Moosewala, and let us see how you sing to a different tune.

Replace Khomeni with Modi and Rushdi with Sidhu Moosewala, and let us see how you sing to a different tune.

Who on earth is Sidhu Moosewala ?!

Is that Navjot Singh Sidhu's new rap alter ego ? 😂

Who on earth is Sidhu Moosewala ?!

Is that Navjot Singh Sidhu's new rap alter ego ? 😂
... as expected the different tune is on full display. I am sure you are singing it with a full bollywood background music. lol

Next these people will say 9/11 was done by Modi & RSS. This is how much clueless these guys are :ROFLMAO:
One doesn't need to like Modi to laugh at that poster's claim. Even his haters will laugh at what he implied. Next they'll also claim that Modi was behind the assasination of Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Benazir Bhutto.

One doesn't need to like Modi to laugh at that poster's claim. Even his haters will laugh at what he implied. Next they'll also claim that Modi was behind the assasination of Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Benazir Bhutto.

I don't think so. His haters will still find a way to justify it. Look how they are justifying Congress Minister's claim that Hemant Karkare was killed by a policeman belonging to RSS and not Ajmal Kasab. @pillionrider even said 26/11 was a false flag operation done by RSS. This is how much desperate these guys are. They can go to any extent, even sell their country to prove Modi wrong. That is why they are famously known as 'anti nationals'.

I don't think so. His haters will still find a way to justify it. Look how they are justifying Congress Minister's claim that Hemant Karkare was killed by a policeman belonging to RSS and not Ajmal Kasab. @pillionrider even said 26/11 was a false flag operation done by RSS. This is how much desperate these guys are. They can go to any extent, even sell their country to prove Modi wrong. That is why they are famously known as 'anti nationals'.
If labeling citizens as anti-nationals merely for criticizing politicians, whether they deserve it or not, is considered acceptable, then India faces significant issues. Such remarks typically stem from ultra-nationalism, excessive zeal, and open discrimination against minorities.

It's a fact that Canada has accused India of carrying out targeted assasinations of Sikh activists on foreign territory. So hardly that outlandish a claim.

It's a fact that Canada has accused India of carrying out targeted assasinations of Sikh activists on foreign territory. So hardly that outlandish a claim.
The topic is about Sidhu Moose Wala's murder, not what has happened in Canada.

Guys don't derail the thread with off topic discussions as we already have relevant threads.

So Modi got Sidhu Moose Wala killed?
HAHA, are you saying the Indian intelligence agencies are as out of control of the elected government as the pakistani ones? So Modi did not know about this hit and someone went over his head from India and decided to get Moosewalla whacked?

Which is it? You Indians make sure you get your kahani straight now.

If labeling citizens as anti-nationals merely for criticizing politicians, whether they deserve it or not, is considered acceptable, then India faces significant issues. Such remarks typically stem from ultra-nationalism, excessive zeal, and open discrimination against minorities.
What is your opinion about labelling citizens as 'Blind Bhakts' for supporting ruling govt? Do you consider it acceptable?

What is your opinion about labelling citizens as 'Blind Bhakts' for supporting ruling govt? Do you consider it acceptable?
Yes that is completely acceptable as their loyalty to their country isn't in question.

Yes that is completely acceptable as their loyalty to their country isn't in question.

So anyone that supports ruling govt becomes Andh Bhakt i.e blind believer but people who are willing to go against the best interest of the country to put down Modi govt can't be labelled as Anti national? LOL

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Also, as an outsider you don't get a say what is acceptable and what is not in India anyway. There is a reason these guys are famously known as following -

1. Anti Nationals
2. Desh Dhrohis
3. Tukde Tukde gang

Hating a political party is fine. However, I can list down countless of examples where they have gone against the country just bcoz they want to topple a govt. That is desh droh in my view and in the view of wider public.

So anyone that supports ruling govt becomes Andh Bhakt i.e blind believer but people who are willing to go against the best interest of the country to put down Modi govt can't be labelled as Anti national? LOL

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Also, as an outsider you don't get a say what is acceptable and what is not in India anyway. There is a reason these guys are famously known as following -

1. Anti Nationals
2. Desh Dhrohis
3. Tukde Tukde gang

Hating a political party is fine. However, I can list down countless of examples where they have gone against the country just bcoz they want to topple a govt. That is desh droh in my view and in the view of wider public.
You can be a blind believer but still nationalistic.

When you call people anti national you are saying they have committed treason.

I don't believe anyone sitting and engaging in the democratic process in India can be considered anti national.

If they were anti national they would have left the country.

Well if Indian text books do that and Indians have no problem with it, why is a pakistani having issues with it?
Exactly, cannot understand why Pakistanis are getting their knickers in a twist here when even Iran has not complained to India about it.

HAHA, are you saying the Indian intelligence agencies are as out of control of the elected government as the pakistani ones? So Modi did not know about this hit and someone went over his head from India and decided to get Moosewalla whacked?

Which is it? You Indians make sure you get your kahani straight now.
It helps to do a bit of online research. Try search on Google who killed Sidhu Muse Wala.

Exactly, cannot understand why Pakistanis are getting their knickers in a twist here when even Iran has not complained to India about it.

This is a discussion board, we are discussing a topic. That you somehow extrapolated Pakistanis are getting their knickers in a twist by discussing it would make most think maybe you are the one who's knickers are in a twist.

You can be a blind believer but still nationalistic.

When you call people anti national you are saying they have committed treason.

I don't believe anyone sitting and engaging in the democratic process in India can be considered anti national.

If they were anti national they would have left the country.

Then you know nothing about it mate.

1. When someone organizes martyrdom ceremony for Afzal Guru in an Indian university, a guy who is responsible for attack on Indian parliament and whom Indian court gave death sentence - that is considered acting against the nation.

2. When you say 26/11 attacks were orchestrated by RSS, that is being anti national which is making a mockery of Indian forces which laid their lives.

3. When you conspire with external Khalistani forces sitting in Canada in a toolkit war against India, that is anti nationalism.

4. When supporters of Congress party chants 'Pakistan Zindabaad' just bcoz a muslim MLA won a Rajya Sabha ticket, that is anti nationalism.

5. When Mani Shankar Iyer goes to Pakistan, share stage with Hafeez Saaed and says 'Inhe hataye aur hame power me leke aaye' - that is anti nationalism

6. When a left rag media called Newsclick been caught red handed been sponsored by China to peddle anti India propaganda and its founder gets arrested, that is anti national.

How many more examples you want? I can go on and on and on..

BTW, the above are only from news we hear and read in media. I am not even talking abt things that I have seen and heard from my own eyes and ears. There are subsequent portion of people that lives in India, takes all the benefits from the scheme of GOI but hates India to the core and support neighbouring countries.

As I said multiple times before, Modi to bahana hai...kahi aur pe nishana hai

Bhakti entails devotion to religion, yet some individuals blindly devote themselves to politicians who manipulate religion for divisive purposes.

Labelling someone as anti-national, loosely translated as 'traitor', merely because they disagree with said politician, is even more concerning.

The contrast between blindly adhering to someone due to their religious beliefs and those same blind followers branding fellow citizens as anti-national for dissenting against said politician reflects poorly on blind followers.

This sets a dangerous precedent in India.

Could you please explain why a non-Indian cannot discuss Indian politics, entertainment, sports, people, religion, or the environment, criticize or congratulate India, offer advice to India, or seek Indian advice on any internet forum where people from all walks of life and every part of the world can participate?

Additionally, could you please explain the purpose of internet forums?

Furthermore, could you explain why Indians often respond negatively when a random non-Indian, particularly a Pakistani, participates in Indian-related discussions?

Lastly, please explain what course of action an Indian should take if they cannot prevent others from commenting and discussing Indian-related topics.

Thank you

1. When someone organizes martyrdom ceremony for Afzal Guru in an Indian university, a guy who is responsible for attack on Indian parliament and whom Indian court gave death sentence - that is considered acting against the nation.

2. When you say 26/11 attacks were orchestrated by RSS, that is being anti national which is making a mockery of Indian forces which laid their lives.

3. When you conspire with external Khalistani forces sitting in Canada in a toolkit war against India, that is anti nationalism.

4. When supporters of Congress party chants 'Pakistan Zindabaad' just bcoz a muslim MLA won a Rajya Sabha ticket, that is anti nationalism.

5. When Mani Shankar Iyer goes to Pakistan, share stage with Hafeez Saaed and says 'Inhe hataye aur hame power me leke aaye' - that is anti nationalism

6. When a left rag media called Newsclick been caught red handed been sponsored by China to peddle anti India propaganda and its founder gets arrested, that is anti national.

BTW, the above are only from news we hear and read in media. I am not even talking abt things that I have seen and heard from my own eyes and ears. There are subsequent portion of people that lives in India, takes all the benefits from the scheme of GOI but hates India to the core and support neighbouring countries.

I disagree. They just have an alternative view of the country. They still want India to progress but just follow a different path to the one you want them to follow.

Could you please explain why a non-Indian cannot discuss Indian politics, entertainment, sports, people, religion, or the environment, criticize or congratulate India, offer advice to India, or seek Indian advice on any internet forum where people from all walks of life and every part of the world can participate?

Additionally, could you please explain the purpose of internet forums?

Furthermore, could you explain why Indians often respond negatively when a random non-Indian, particularly a Pakistani, participates in Indian-related discussions?

Lastly, please explain what course of action an Indian should take if they cannot prevent others from commenting and discussing Indian-related topics.

Thank you
I have asked the same questions many times

You may label them as anti-national, but you cannot label your fellow random citizen as anti-national.

Do they criticize Indian policies or India? If it's about policies, then that falls under their democratic right.

Agreeing with neighboring countries' narrative against your own government does not automatically make someone anti-national. Working against the country does.

You have highlighted textbook examples of 'Blind Bhakt'.

I have asked the same questions many times
And you've probably never received a satisfactory answer because there isn't a good explanation for getting upset at Pakistanis discussing India.

A funny contradiction exists in that those who advocate against Pakistanis discussing India don't seem to get upset when their fellow Indian politicians and Hindu gangs tell their fellow citizens to go to Pakistan for exercising their democratic rights.

Bhakti entails devotion to religion, yet some individuals blindly devote themselves to politicians who manipulate religion for divisive purposes.

Labelling someone as anti-national, loosely translated as 'traitor', merely because they disagree with said politician, is even more concerning.

The contrast between blindly adhering to someone due to their religious beliefs and those same blind followers branding fellow citizens as anti-national for dissenting against said politician reflects poorly on blind followers.

This sets a dangerous precedent in India.
First of all, Modi served as CM twice from state of Gujarat and made it one of the most developed states in India. People of India then voted him into power twice as PM of the country with landslide votes. Are you saying calling all those billions of people that supports him as 'Blind Bhakts' is okay?

Fair enough, call whatever you want. However, not sure why this heart burn when we want to categorize those people with an adjective as well.

No one has called them anti national bcoz they disagree with a party or politician. None of the points I highlighted in my previous post has got anything to do with hating ruling govt but everything to do with hating India. They can hate Modi or BJP all day they want, that is their right. However the issue arises when they starts hating India and try to defame it just bcoz their favorite leader is not the PM or more importantly people of India have rejected him.

I disagree. They just have an alternative view of the country. They still want India to progress but just follow a different path to the one you want them to follow.
No they don't.

Alternate view will be talk about what their leader would do in the area of employment that the present govt failed to do if they come to power.

Alternate view will be how they would make the country a better and safe for Indians which the present regime is failing to do.

Alternate view will be how they would make economically more stable than what it is at present.

If they talk about these issues, no one will call them anti national.

There is no alternate view in supporting Afzal Guru or linking RSS with 26/11 or conspiring with Khalistani forces sitting in Canada or running a news media taking money from China to peddle anti India news. That is borderline treason in any country.

You may label them as anti-national, but you cannot label your fellow random citizen as anti-national.

Do they criticize Indian policies or India? If it's about policies, then that falls under their democratic right.

Agreeing with neighboring countries' narrative against your own government does not automatically make someone anti-national. Working against the country does.

You have highlighted textbook examples of 'Blind Bhakt'.
Please tell me why would supporters of Congress party will chant Pakistan Zindabaad after a muslim member wins a Rajya Sabha election seat?

What is the relevance of Pakistan with Indian election? Are they saying Congress is a Pakistani party or Indian muslims love Pakistan? Which one is it?

Chalo I will not call them anti national since it hurts you so much but can you pls find me a better adjective as to what should I call them?

First of all, Modi served as CM twice from state of Gujarat and made it one of the most developed states in India. People of India then voted him into power twice as PM of the country with landslide votes. Are you saying calling all those billions of people that supports him as 'Blind Bhakts' is okay?

Fair enough, call whatever you want. However, not sure why this heart burn when we want to categorize those people with an adjective as well.

No one has called them anti national bcoz they disagree with a party or politician. None of the points I highlighted in my previous post has got anything to do with hating ruling govt but everything to do with hating India. They can hate Modi or BJP all day they want, that is their right. However the issue arises when they starts hating India and try to defame it just bcoz their favorite leader is not the PM or more importantly people of India have rejected him.

No they don't.

Alternate view will be talk about what their leader would do in the area of employment that the present govt failed to do if they come to power.

Alternate view will be how they would make the country a better and safe for Indians which the present regime is failing to do.

Alternate view will be how they would make economically more stable than what it is at present.

If they talk about these issues, no one will call them anti national.

There is no alternate view in supporting Afzal Guru or linking RSS with 26/11 or conspiring with Khalistani forces sitting in Canada or running a news media taking money from China to peddle anti India news. That is borderline treason in any country.

Please tell me why would supporters of Congress party will chant Pakistan Zindabaad after a muslim member wins a Rajya Sabha election seat?

What is the relevance of Pakistan with Indian election? Are they saying Congress is a Pakistani party or Indian muslims love Pakistan? Which one is it?

Chalo I will not call them anti national since it hurts you so much but can you pls find me a better adjective as to what should I call them?
I'm uncertain how to respond to 'since it hurts you so much' because we're not discussing my feelings, at least I wouldn't want to. However, I am open to discussing my opinion.

Your response falls under the category of a 'general response'.

Modi's repeated election victories underscore the significant blind devotion to a man in India who has manipulated religion to gain political power.

In politics, particularly in geo-politics, Pakistan has been given significant relevance in Indian general elections by Indian politicians and populations from both sides of the aisle, particularly by the BJP. For instance, BJP leader Navneet Rana urging everyone to say 'Jai Shri Ram', and those who refuse are suggested to move to Pakistan.

What's ironic about all this is that whatever 'Blind Bhakts' are trying to criticize, they are inadvertently promoting it without realizing.

Pull the other one.

It is pretty clear he is considered evil because he is a Muslim.

The Hindu Indian born of today, sadly brainwashed by the Hindutva mindset.

There are many Khomeini supporters on this thread, which is not a good sign.

Calling terrorist attacks as false flag isn't criticizing politicians.

What issues?

India is based on Nationalism. Thats what runs the country.

I'm uncertain how to respond to 'since it hurts you so much' because we're not discussing my feelings, at least I wouldn't want to. However, I am open to discussing my opinion.

Your response falls under the category of a 'general response'.

Modi's repeated election victories underscore the significant blind devotion to a man in India who has manipulated religion to gain political power.

In politics, particularly in geo-politics, Pakistan has been given significant relevance in Indian general elections by Indian politicians and populations from both sides of the aisle, particularly by the BJP. For instance, BJP leader Navneet Rana urging everyone to say 'Jai Shri Ram', and those who refuse are suggested to move to Pakistan.

What's ironic about all this is that whatever 'Blind Bhakts' are trying to criticize, they are inadvertently promoting it without realizing.

Modi's repeated election highlights his work and how indians ignore outside noise and how leftist pseudo liberalism has no place here.

Pakistan has been a security threat to india since 1947. The previous government failed to tackle that security threat and we had many terror attacks in India during those times.

Since 2014, there is hardly any major terror attack outside Kashmir.

Its amusing how you label millions as blind bhakt because they vote a person you don't like.

Anything Indian and Pakistanis believe they should have an opinion on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, you have to present evidence for your claim as to how many Muslims revered invaders of India and what actions of Muslims of India are in support for invaders? Simply practicing Islam by Muslims isn’t enough.

Even if your claim has any truth then how’s bigotry against all Muslims is tolerated unless it is inherited hatred that need an excuse to be bigots?

No i don't. I live in India to personally experience it. Political leaders praising invaders and warning non Muslims how they will be treated the same way the invaders treated them.

What bigotry? May be you can list out a few incidents.

No i don't. I live in India to personally experience it. Political leaders praising invaders and warning non Muslims how they will be treated the same way the invaders treated them.

What bigotry? May be you can list out a few incidents.
Obviously, I cannot highlight all examples of bigotry coming out of the BJP camp, and for that matter, from India. One of the most recent instances is BJP leader Navneet Rana's comments in a recent rally: 'Those who won't say 'Jai Shri Ram' can move to Pakistan.'

Most are convinced that her threat was not directed at the Hindu practicing audience, but rather at those who do not believe in the Hindu religion.

I believe you have experienced bigotry, as bigotry in India is quite prevalent, even across borders. In India, political candidates are infamous for using religious supremacy and victimization to gain political ground. But the question I raised was: How many Muslims actually revere the occupier of India? What actions have ordinary Muslims in India taken and are taking to show solidarity with the occupier of India?

BJP leader Navneet Rana obviously made religiously supremacist remarks. Should her remarks be ignored because she is belong from majority group? How many Indians support her? How prevalent is the religious supremacist narrative? Your comment gives the impression that it is quite favorable, a narrative supported and encouraged by a large part of the audience to continue to vote those leaders in who promote religiously superracist narrative.

But you are correct; the choice is yours. You do not have to present any evidence in support of your claim or any evidence regarding what percentage of Indian Muslim citizens revere the occupier of India, all while overlooking the religious supremacist and bigoted narrative from almost every BJP politician.

Why is India any concern of pakistanis? Why do pakistanis feel they need to advise Indians when such advise isn't solicited? Why don't pakistanis offer advise to Pakistan government so that Pakistan can be run better?

Additionally can you explain what was the use of the partition if Pakistanis cannot keep their noses out of Indian matters?

Can you also tell me, why Indians will take advise from people, who are not taken seriously by their own rulers?

Can you also explain why Indians will take any sort of opinion from pakistanis in a positive way, when Pakistan is a hostile nation?

Lastly what will pakistanis do when Indians will just tell them to mind their business and ignore them? Just like the Indian government does.
I don't believe I was offering advice; rather, it was an opinion based on the facts as I see them, shared on a forum that is not sanctioned by any government. I think most individuals on this forum are not in a position to offer advice to the Indian government. Nonetheless, I appreciate that you hold me in high regard, and I'm sure most others with opinions on this forum do as well. It would mean a lot if you weren't just some random individual from India, but an official representative of the Indian government.

Again, as a Pakistani, I am not in a position to meddle in Indian matters; I am not a government official. This is a Pakistani forum, where we discuss Indian politics as random individuals. Forum equals discussion.

Modi's repeated election highlights his work and how indians ignore outside noise and how leftist pseudo liberalism has no place here.

Pakistan has been a security threat to india since 1947. The previous government failed to tackle that security threat and we had many terror attacks in India during those times.

Since 2014, there is hardly any major terror attack outside Kashmir.

Its amusing how you label millions as blind bhakt because they vote a person you don't like.
The term, 'Blind Bhakt' was coined by Indians.

If India consistently disregards external influences, then why suggest that Indians relocate to Pakistan simply because they choose not to recite 'Jai Shri Ram'?

The above comment was intended to highlight that it is BJP politicians who have attributed significant relevance to Pakistan in Indian general elections, not me or anyone else on this forum. We, as peasants, are simply discussing the relevance attributed by those politicians who have positioned India as the 5th largest economy.

There are many Khomeini supporters on this thread, which is not a good sign.

There are also many Rushdie supporters on this thread, which suggests a deep seated animosity towards Muslims in India itself, never mind Iran.

There are also many Rushdie supporters on this thread, which suggests a deep seated animosity towards Muslims in India itself, never mind Iran.

Why does it suggest an animosity towards Muslims if you support Rushdie ? Khomeini holds a special place in your heart it seems.

Why does it suggest an animosity towards Muslims if you support Rushdie ? Khomeini holds a special place in your heart it seems.

Because Rushdie is an avowed and published enemy of Islam and the Prophet PBUH. This isn't a personal view, I'm not even saying it is right or wrong, it is just fairly obvious. Khomeini is neither here nor there, just because he issued a fatwa that doesn't make him the legitimate voice of all Muslims any more than me mentioning some posters in this thread supporting Rushdie is referring to you personally. I am looking at the broader view rather than individuals.

Because Rushdie is an avowed and published enemy of Islam and the Prophet PBUH. This isn't a personal view, I'm not even saying it is right or wrong, it is just fairly obvious.

If that is your view of him, it is indeed your personal view. Why pretend it is not ?

How is he an avowed enemy of Islam lol ? He has written numerous other classics. It was just one book that created controversy where he used an imaginative interpretation of Islamic texts. That hardly makes him an 'enemy' .. which is a characterisation of him that makes other people who've never read the book hate him too.

Regarding Khomeini, you say he isn't the legitimate voice of muslims .. but then agree that his murder fatwa was a legitimate viewpoint of Islam. :facepalm:

If that is your view of him, it is indeed your personal view. Why pretend it is not ?

How is he an avowed enemy of Islam lol ? He has written numerous other classics. It was just one book that created controversy where he used an imaginative interpretation of Islamic texts. That hardly makes him an 'enemy' .. which is a characterisation of him that makes other people who've never read the book hate him too.

Regarding Khomeini, you say he isn't the legitimate voice of muslims .. but then agree that his murder fatwa was a legitimate viewpoint of Islam. :facepalm:

I said Khomeini wasn't the voice for all Muslims, I didn't say he was legitimate or illegitimate per se. Unfortunately you are reading what you want to read instead of what is written. I know Rushdie has written other books, where did I say there was a problem with any of those? It was the Satanic Verses where he spelled out his position on Islam and the Prophet PBUH, if you want to view that as just a harmless text that's fine, perhaps you are right. I don't know why he went in hiding then.

It was the Satanic Verses where he spelled out his position on Islam and the Prophet PBUH, if you want to view that as just a harmless text that's fine, perhaps you are right. I don't know why he went in hiding then.

Why don't you see it as a harmless text ? It was a work of fiction.

To give you a relevant example, look at the book - Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code' released in 2003. It was a work of fiction and later even spawned a hollywood film starring Tom Hanks. The book was controversial because it implied Jesus got married and had children. But you don't see any of the Christian clergy in the West calling the author an avowed enemy of Christianity.

Why don't you see it as a harmless text ? It was a work of fiction.

To give you a relevant example, look at the book - Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code' released in 2003. It was a work of fiction and later even spawned a hollywood film starring Tom Hanks. The book was controversial because it implied Jesus got married and had children. But you don't see any of the Christian clergy in the West calling the author an avowed enemy of Christianity.

It doesn't matter how I see it or how you see it. I am not talking about individual opinions, it depends on how Muslims as a group see it. Christianity, Buddhism or pagan beliefs for that matter are irrelevant. 90% of Muslims might agree that it was not worth giving Rushdie's trolling the time of day, but it only takes 1% who might be fanatic enough to follow through on the fatwa and you end up with a one-eyed author.

It doesn't matter how I see it or how you see it. I am not talking about individual opinions, it depends on how Muslims as a group see it. Christianity, Buddhism or pagan beliefs for that matter are irrelevant. 90% of Muslims might agree that it was not worth giving Rushdie's trolling the time of day, but it only takes 1% who might be fanatic enough to follow through on the fatwa and you end up with a one-eyed author.

Rushdie's trolling ?! First you call him the avowed enemy of Islam. Now he is relegated to a troll. Make up your mind. You are either very confused or you are afraid to reveal you real opinions on him on this forum and instead deflect to what 'other muslims' think. I wonder why.

I don't support that.

I am supporting him against attack from Indian extremists.

But that's why indian extremists are attacking him ... because of the murder fatwa that he issued.

Rushdie also happens to be of Indian origin, from Mumbai I believe.

But that's why indian extremists are attacking him ... because of the murder fatwa that he issued.

Rushdie also happens to be of Indian origin, from Mumbai I believe.
Your text book doesn't mention that

"During his reign, [Khomeini] did many evil deeds. He used to kill people who didn't believe in 'Allah'. People had to face brutality even if they listened to music. He was the culprit behind the Iranian revolution (1979) and also the Iran-Iraq war, making him responsible for the deaths of millions of people"

Your text book doesn't mention that

"During his reign, [Khomeini] did many evil deeds. He used to kill people who didn't believe in 'Allah'. People had to face brutality even if they listened to music. He was the culprit behind the Iranian revolution (1979) and also the Iran-Iraq war, making him responsible for the deaths of millions of people"

I don't understand your point. The textbook didn't mention it for whatever reason but that is how he became famous worldwide. For his fatwa to murder.

I don't understand your point. The textbook didn't mention it for whatever reason but that is how he became famous worldwide. For his fatwa to murder.
You mentioned that Khomeini has supporters on this thread.

My reply was we are supporting him against the baseless stuff by Indian extremists (the thread topic).

I can't rewrite the text book or the OP so my points relate only to the information contained in them.

You mentioned that Khomeini has supporters on this thread.

My reply was we are supporting him against the baseless stuff by Indian extremists (the thread topic).

I can't rewrite the text book or the OP so my points relate only to the information contained in them.

The paragraph in the textbook wasn't exactly baseless.

You are aware that the Khomeini was a an islamist hardliner, no ? He promised democracy for Iran but once he got back into power he turned it into a theocracy. He turned from a spiritual guide of the Iranian revolution into an dictator that supressed dissenters and liberals in his country.

Rushdie's trolling ?! First you call him the avowed enemy of Islam. Now he is relegated to a troll. Make up your mind. You are either very confused or you are afraid to reveal you real opinions on him on this forum and instead deflect to what 'other muslims' think. I wonder why.

I didn't just say he is an avowed enemy of Islam, I said he is an avowed and published enemy of Islam. You can quibble with semantics as much as you want but there is not much doubt amongst the vast majority of Muslims. I have read his books prior to the satanic verses by the way, and if you had then you wouldn't have much doubt on it either. It is interesting that people are making assumptions on my "real opinions" yet are gagging to give the benefit of the doubt to Rushdie. I don't know why, it's not like he's apologetic for his published opposition to Islam.

I didn't just say he is an avowed enemy of Islam, I said he is an avowed and published enemy of Islam. You can quibble with semantics as much as you want but there is not much doubt amongst the vast majority of Muslims.

It's interesting that you know what a majority of 1.5 billions muslims think. Do the vast majority also think he is deserving of the fatwa ? Do you ? You've already said Islam justifies it so ..

It's interesting that you know what a majority of 1.5 billions muslims think. Do the vast majority also think he is deserving of the fatwa ? Do you ? You've already said Islam justifies it so ..

Don't think I said Islam justifies it, I'm not qualified to make such an assertion, and as such I can't back any fatwas. What I DID say was that Rushdie was an avowed and published enemy of Islam, and most Muslims will see him as that. If you want stats to back it up then you are barking up the wrong tree, this is just my opinion.

I would say Rushdie should have recalled the book and pulped every edition on sale once the furore broke. That would have cleared any misconceptions and taken him out of danger from the fanatics. If he chose not to, that's also his choice and he has lived by his decisions and the perception of his hostility to the religion and the Prophet PBUH remains by his own volition.

The term, 'Blind Bhakt' was coined by Indians.

If India consistently disregards external influences, then why suggest that Indians relocate to Pakistan simply because they choose not to recite 'Jai Shri Ram'?

The above comment was intended to highlight that it is BJP politicians who have attributed significant relevance to Pakistan in Indian general elections, not me or anyone else on this forum. We, as peasants, are simply discussing the relevance attributed by those politicians who have positioned India as the 5th largest economy.

Brits coined a term to describe certain asian population, doesn't mean it has be used.

BJP takes national security seriously. No other party since the death of Indira Gandhi has taken national security as a priority. And Pakistan remains a major security threat.

The previous government failed miserably at tackling security threats arising from Pakistan.

So if BJP highlights its success in tackling those security threats, they are only highlighting their success as a party in government.

Obviously, I cannot highlight all examples of bigotry coming out of the BJP camp, and for that matter, from India. One of the most recent instances is BJP leader Navneet Rana's comments in a recent rally: 'Those who won't say 'Jai Shri Ram' can move to Pakistan.'

Most are convinced that her threat was not directed at the Hindu practicing audience, but rather at those who do not believe in the Hindu religion.

I believe you have experienced bigotry, as bigotry in India is quite prevalent, even across borders. In India, political candidates are infamous for using religious supremacy and victimization to gain political ground. But the question I raised was: How many Muslims actually revere the occupier of India? What actions have ordinary Muslims in India taken and are taking to show solidarity with the occupier of India?

BJP leader Navneet Rana obviously made religiously supremacist remarks. Should her remarks be ignored because she is belong from majority group? How many Indians support her? How prevalent is the religious supremacist narrative? Your comment gives the impression that it is quite favorable, a narrative supported and encouraged by a large part of the audience to continue to vote those leaders in who promote religiously superracist narrative.

But you are correct; the choice is yours. You do not have to present any evidence in support of your claim or any evidence regarding what percentage of Indian Muslim citizens revere the occupier of India, all while overlooking the religious supremacist and bigoted narrative from almost every BJP politician.

You need to hear Navneet Rana's full speech and understand the context.

Jai Shree Ram is an ancient hindu slogan. Hindus have been using it for 100s of years.

There has been incidents where Muslims have tried to forcefully stop Hindus from chanting their slogans in private or in public.

Such Muslims have been constantly appeased by politicians for votes.

But in a secular country Muslims cannot and will not be able to shut down the religion of others. Those Muslims who believe that they cannot tolerate Hindus, well they moved to Pakistan.

Lots of Muslims revere these invaders. And its due their political and religious leadership. They make these people heroes of Islam and praise their actions of bigotry like looting and breaking temples, forceful conversion etc. There are many many such speeches.

There is no supremacy. But Hindus won't be changing their ways of worship because Muslims have a problem.

Couple of weeks ago, a man was playing bhajan inside his shop in Bangalore. Muslim youths tried to stop it forcefully. Attacked the person.

10 years back those guys would have gotten away, because political parties would have stopped the police from taking action so that Muslims don't get angry. But these days, since there's a party which will take the Hindus side, police are forced to take action.

This is what some Muslims cannot digest. 70 years of special treatment gone.

In 2017, A Chief minister in India, stopped Hindus from doing Durga Puja Visarjan because of Muharram processions. Hindus had to go to the court.

Since all these special arrangements are gone some Muslims have a problem.

Hindus should look inwards at the filth their political and religious leadership eulogize before pointing so many fingers.

We didn't stop you from eulogising whoever you want in your country.

We will not allow it in ours.

Historically, any country/region that has retained its original religion and culture even after the invasion from muslim invaders have similar things to say about Muslim rule. And it's not very charitable.

Please do not discuss Modi vs Pakistan/muslim in this thread. Stay on topic.

The thread is about khomeni and that indian school book not Pakistan.

We didn't stop you from eulogising whoever you want in your country.

We will not allow it in ours.

Historically, any country/region that has retained its original religion and culture even after the invasion from muslim invaders have similar things to say about Muslim rule. And it's not very charitable.
It is just as much the country of the Indian Muslims as it yours. Why are you against them allegedly eulogising who they like in their own country?

You need to hear Navneet Rana's full speech and understand the context.

Jai Shree Ram is an ancient hindu slogan. Hindus have been using it for 100s of years.

There has been incidents where Muslims have tried to forcefully stop Hindus from chanting their slogans in private or in public.

Such Muslims have been constantly appeased by politicians for votes.

But in a secular country Muslims cannot and will not be able to shut down the religion of others. Those Muslims who believe that they cannot tolerate Hindus, well they moved to Pakistan.

Lots of Muslims revere these invaders. And its due their political and religious leadership. They make these people heroes of Islam and praise their actions of bigotry like looting and breaking temples, forceful conversion etc. There are many many such speeches.

There is no supremacy. But Hindus won't be changing their ways of worship because Muslims have a problem.

Couple of weeks ago, a man was playing bhajan inside his shop in Bangalore. Muslim youths tried to stop it forcefully. Attacked the person.

10 years back those guys would have gotten away, because political parties would have stopped the police from taking action so that Muslims don't get angry. But these days, since there's a party which will take the Hindus side, police are forced to take action.

This is what some Muslims cannot digest. 70 years of special treatment gone.

In 2017, A Chief minister in India, stopped Hindus from doing Durga Puja Visarjan because of Muharram processions. Hindus had to go to the court.

Since all these special arrangements are gone some Muslims have a problem.

Unless we are referring to a different individual, she explicitly stated, "Those who do not wish to say 'Jay Shri Ram' can move to Pakistan. This is Hindustan, and if one wishes to remain in Hindustan, then 'Jay Shri Ram' must be uttered.

Unless we are referring to a different individual, she explicitly stated, "Those who do not wish to say 'Jay Shri Ram' can move to Pakistan. This is Hindustan, and if one wishes to remain in Hindustan, then 'Jay Shri Ram' must be uttered.

Wait a minute, She said those who have a problem with jai Shree Ram should go to Pakistan.

Has she made a new statement?

Why have you ignored the rest of the post about how Muslims, helped by politicians try to impose their religious restrictions on others.

Wait a minute, She said those who have a problem with jai Shree Ram should go to Pakistan.

Has she made a new statement?

Why have you ignored the rest of the post about how Muslims, helped by politicians try to impose their religious restrictions on others.
Feel free to direct me to the specific timestamp in that video, as I have no intention of rewatching the entire footage.

The remainder of your arguments seem tangential to the current discussion.

Text books should be free form such hate. Kids should be reading more about love rather than the hate.

Back