Indians vs Northants | 2-day Tour Match | Northampton | Aug 5-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
India will be hoping to come through this match unscathed.

I wonder if ZAK and PK play together...

ZAK can use some match practice, but poor PK needs rest, or he can get injured himself.

Maybe Dhoni should bowl most of the overs...

I wonder if Sehwag will have to face up to Sir Chaminda Vaas?

52213.gif

Indians V Northamptonshire | Tour Match | Aug 5-6, 2011

Indians win the toss and bat.

Northamptonshire team
MB Loye, NJ O'Brien, RA White, RI Newton, DJG Sales*, DJ Willey, D Murphy†, PM Best, DA Burton, LM Daggett, L Evans
Indians team
G Gambhir, V Sehwag, A Mukund, MS Dhoni*†, VVS Laxman, SK Raina, WP Saha, S Sreesanth, Z Khan, A Mishra, MM Patel

Commentary available here

http://www.northantscricket.com/commentary/

Thank you for the link..

HuH!! India Batting First.. Hope they will make the most of winning the toss

Damp wicket due to heavy rain yesterterday.

Indians won the toss and elected to bat

India should hammer this side. Must be one the poorest county team this.

Northamptonshire (Playing XI): Mal Loye, Niall O'Brien, Rob White, Rob Newton, David Willey, Paul Best, Lee Daggett, Luke Evans, David Sales(c), David Murphy(w), Dave Burton

India (Playing XI): Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Abhinav Mukund, MS Dhoni(w/c), VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Wriddhiman Saha, S Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Amit Mishra, Munaf Patel

Sehwag just fooling the english bowlers. :)

Ok, I based my comment on what I have seen of them on SKY this summer, but that was T20 and they were really poor.

But first class is a different ball-game and looking at the table, this is apparantly a good side.

Their first XI in the County Championship is indeed a formidable side. Their opening bowlers in this game though have about 10 first class appearances between them! This is certainly not their strongest line-up.

well it seems england will whitewash this team even if sehwag, gambhir and zaheer khan are back :))

Anyone think that since this is just county opposition that Mukund will score more than 30?

Sehwag :out: for 8... :facepalm:

Why :facepalm: ????

Did you expect him to score a 300? It is not Multan, you know! :p

Plus... he may have acquired carpal tunnel injury from counting all the cash he got from IPL!

Plus... he may have acquired carpal tunnel injury from counting all the cash he got from IPL!

Actually he loves Pakistani bowlers:gul:razzaq

@ Match: No matter what happens here, Indian team shall put up a better fight in the next match, but will lose eventually.

Probably ate all the pies too...

OUT

Ghambir gone too for 18 off about 50 odd balls

is there a radio commentary link for this match just like there was for that practice match against somerset

:)))

GG and Sehwag the two out of three players Indians fans were counting on to win them the rest of the matches v ENG are back in the dressing room.

3rd being ZAK of course.

:))) Indians thinking that with Gambhir and Sehwag back they would win.

I'll be in the press box at Northampton tomorrow, so if anyone has any words of wisdom for Dhoni and company, feel free to add them in here :)

Mukund marching towards his ton, 61 to go.

I'll be in the press box at Northampton tomorrow, so if anyone has any words of wisdom for Dhoni and company, feel free to add them in here :)

Please let him know that Harbhajan can only bowl well if someone has a fight with him. So ask Dhoni if he can arrange a wrestling match between Harby & Broad (he is the slimmest opponent I can guess ATM):rehman

Saj, Can you please ask Dhoni or whoever is there in the press box, about the impact that Kirsten and co leaving the team management has had on them.

50 for Mukund. Well done young man.

Even though its in an incosequential match, a good effort neverthless after being blown away by the English bowlers.

Pathetic commentator, trying to clear his throat for the past 10-15 minutes has done my ears in!

Bloody go off! hasn't apologised once!

Play Mukund instead of Raina at no 6.

Raina scored a century in warm up but what did he do in the 2 tests he played? nothing, so don't get all excited by Mukund's 50 in this game or even if he makes a 100.

It'll be stupid if they play Mukund at 6 when he has always played as an opener. Kohli should have played instead of Laxman, I don't get why they didn't play him.

Raina scored a century in warm up but what did he do in the 2 tests he played? nothing, so don't get all excited by Mukund's 50 in this game or even if he makes a 100.

It'll be stupid if they play Mukund at 6 when he has always played as an opener. Kohli should have played instead of Laxman, I don't get why they didn't play him.

That's weirdest suggestion I have ever read.

Kohli and Ojha are yet to land in England. Should be reaching there later tonight.

Its a warm up? Laxman is in good nick and doesn't really need a practice game. While Kohli has just come in, and if Raina also gets injured an unprepared Kohli will play?

They will get only 1 inning in warm up match? It's a 2 day match. What's the use of suggestion for warm-up match now?

Last edited:
Mukund 100... :sachin

Looks like Mukund is a different batsman when not facing the new ball....

India in a tight spot whether to play Sehwag or persist with Mukund....

Actually...Mukund is technically much better than Raina. Mukund should play instead of Raina at no.6

Actually...Mukund is technically much better than Raina. Mukund should play instead of Raina at no.6

I say Mukund should come in at 2 down after Dravid.

Laxman plays better with the Tail anyways....

I don't think Mukund has the mettle to play with the tail when the wickets are falling around him.

Amit Mishra is in

Talk about getting batting practice, all the batsmen are back in the pavilion.

My correspondent in Northampton has texted me to say that loudspeaker announcements asking spectators to refrain from seeking players' autographs have been (rightly) booed.

I guess Mukund cements his place in the side so rain will have to sit out.

Indians thinking Sehwag will save them will have to think again...lack of match practice, sealing wickets will make it very tough for him.

My correspondent in Northampton has texted me to say that loudspeaker announcements asking spectators to refrain from seeking players' autographs have been (rightly) booed.
Sad state of affairs when players ignore the fans during a tour game.

I used to think that was the whole point of such matches, to give kids a shot at meeting their heroes at small grounds.

Two instances of being booed in two matches now for the Indians. I back the rowdy Edgbaston lot to complete the hat-trick.

I used to think that was the whole point of such matches, to give kids a shot at meeting their heroes at small grounds.

Well, that is how I was .... at small grounds and small/side matches.... but those heroes were 100 times humble than this bunch who did not make as much money as these guys.

Two instances of being booed in two matches now for the Indians. I back the rowdy Edgbaston lot to complete the hat-trick.

There have been multiple reports of Indian players being abused in Bars/Restaurants by Indian fans after the TB loss.

The announcement on the ground could be related to that. Though I must add, some players have got huge egos and they don't particularly like interacting with the fans.

There have been multiple reports of Indian players being abused in Bars/Restaurants by Indian fans after the TB loss. The announcement on the ground could be related to that.
Good point but at the English grounds, most of the autograph seekers are kids...... and I don't kid would abuse Indian Players.

Now, on desi grounds... it is different story.... most of the attention/autograph seekers are teenagers and even adults.

Good point but at the English grounds, most of the autograph seekers are kids...... and I don't kid would abuse Indian Players.

Now, on desi grounds... it is different story.... most of the attention/autograph seekers are teenagers and even adults.

Was listening to the radio commentary for this match today. As expected the ground was full of Indian fans. Actually I could hear some typical North Indian slangs through the commentary..Guess the hosts were playing it safe by making those announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back