Interesting Cricket Facts

Mike gatting had his nose broken by a ball from Malcolm Marshall while batting v West Indies at Kingston in 1986. The ball unfortunately dropped from his nose on to the wicket.

England's John Jameson, who was born in India, made his highest Test score( 82 ) against India.

A match between Barbados and British Guyana in 1946 saw an over with 14 balls in which there were no wides or no balls ! The 8 ball over was in force and the extra six deliveries were due to umpiring miscounting !!!

Sunil Gavaskar was so ill tempered that his parents had to take him to a psychiatrist to check up if there was something wrong with him.

Pakistan's lowest total in ODI cricket is 43. It was against WI in 1993.
Phil Simmons who is lendl simmons uncle destroyed the Pak batsmen in that match

The only law of Cricket that has not had any changes or modifications,is the length of the pitch..

It was a county match in 1946.After two overs had been bowled,Len Hutton,who was fielding at slips asked the umpires to check the length of the pitch.The check discovered that the pitch was 24 yards lng instead of 22! Then the match was restarted on a correct pitch.

In the first ever Test in 1877, Australia beat England by 45 runs. 100 years later,in the Centenary Test ,the result was exactly the same.!!

An English batsman something something Milner is the only person to have first class centuries both as a left handed and a right handed batsman. Can't remember his first name. Saw this on a cricket show years ago.

An English batsman something something Milner is the only person to have first class centuries both as a left handed and a right handed batsman. Can't remember his first name. Saw this on a cricket show years ago.

How did he manage that?

In a World Cup Match in 1975, Gavaskar batted throughout the 60 overs & scored only 36 runs . India lost to England by a huge margin of 203 runs.

The biggest stadium in the world is melbourne, capable of containing a crowd of 100,000 people.

Nawaz Sharif was formely a First Class cricketer, although he only played one match and got out on zero in the only innings he played.

When Abdul Aziz was injured in the first innings of a match in Karachi in 1959, the scorecard read: “Abdul Aziz retired hurt...0.” But the injury proved to be fatal, so far the second innings the scorer wrote: “Abdul Aziz did not bat, dead...0.”

Pakistan Railways beat Dera Ismail Khan by an innings and 851 runs in 1964. In reply to the railwaymen’s 910 for 6 declared, Dera Ismail Khan were bowled out 32 and 27.

Surrey villagers Bookham beat the Electrical Trades Commercial Travellers Association CC in 1952 without scoring a run from the bat. The ETCTA were dismissed for 0, and then the first ball of the Bookham innings went for four byes.

Batting at Kalgoorlie, Australia, in the 1970s, Stan Dawson was struck by a ball which set light to a box of matches in his trouser pocket. He was run out as he tried to beat down the flames.

Pakistan were once touring India where Imran Khan was captain. At a press conference, he jokingly commented that the Kashmir dispute should be settled by a cricket match. Through some sort of mix up, the national Indian side understood that the following game would determine the fate of Kashmir. While Pakistan were bundled out for a very low score, Imran and co managed to defend their poor total as the Indian side had played under extreme tension and managed to make a mess of what should have been a regulation run chase.

in 1986 it was the Sharjah final between India and pakistan.
Pakistan needed 5 runs to win off the last ball with Javed Miandad on Strike.
he hit the last ball for a six giving Pakistan the victory.

in 1986 it was the Sharjah final between India and pakistan.
Pakistan needed 5 runs to win off the last ball with Javed Miandad on Strike.
he hit the last ball for a six giving Pakistan the victory.
pak needed four not 5!

Really? Amazing!
Yes in the World cup 2003 against England. Shoaib was on fire.
He hit 3 huge sixes and took the english bowlers apart.
He was our top scorer that day but we lost the game due to woeful batting especially by M Yousuf and Inzamam

SHAHID AFRIDI used a bat borrowed from Waqar Younis to score the fastest century in a One-Day International and waqar younis borrowed it from sachin tendulkar.

Sachin Tendulkar is the first batsman to be dismissed (run out) by using the television replays by the third umpire, Jonty Rhodes was the fielder. Next day,in the same test match,Jonty Rhodes was given run out by the umpire.This time the fielder was none other than Sachin Tendulkar.!

Hanif Mohammed batted for 16 hours and 10 minutes - nearly 3 full days - against the West Indies, scoring 337*.

Sachin Tendulkar was dismissed 'hitwicket' for the first time in his international career during the Brisbane ODI.

When Wasim Akram would run in to bowl a yorker or a bouncer, he would often modify his action with a twirl of his arm while running in. The purpose of this was for a batsman to understand that the ball coming would be one of the two 'opposite' balls thus severly affecting their footwork and making them indecisive as to come forward or back.

[utube]nDZBphxAXXE[/utube]

Andrew Symonds hit a 100 in either 32 or 34 ballls I believe when playing for a county

Paul Strang is the only Zimbabwean batsmen to score 100 runs and take 5 wickets in an inings of a test match

India were all out for 54 in October 2000, their lowest ever total in One Day Internationals against Sri Lanka.

Steve Waugh made 87 consecutive ODI appearances for Australia, and was then dropped, only to be replaced by his twin brother Mark Waugh.

Pakistan usually kills India and shuts up their media when it comes to playing eachother in ODIs. Indians only win when Pak players let them win. :D

Without Pakistan cricket and its exciting and controversial-free players, cricket wouldnt be what it is today.

Last edited:
Imran Nazir made a match winning 100 against India when they toured Pakistan in 2004.
This was for the Pakistan A side against the Full India side.
India batted first and made 300 odd.
Pakistan A chased it down and won the match due to Imran Nazir's Magical innings.
Imran Nazir was not selected in the subsequent ODI squad and Pakistan lost the
One day Series 4-1.

:iamlegend

India, 2nd most populated country in the world, is yet to produce a phaast bowler.

When it comes to popularity, Shahid Afridi destroys Sachin Tendulker from the left, right, top and bottom.

Mohammed Asif recently signed a contract with Yash Raj Productions to starr in "Don 2", Becoming the only cricketer to be a cricketer, fixer, drug dealer, and an bollywood actor. Now, thats talent.

After there disasterous performence in WC 07 and despite their low ranking, Pakistan has somehow reached the semi-finals or finals in the last 5 ICC's major events.
t20 WC 07
t20 WC 09
CT
t20 WC 10

Pakistani bowlers were the ones who came up with the art of reverse swing and doosra.

Kamran Akmal has also made it to bollywood.He's in the new film of Akshay Kumar about crickrt.I am not sure but i think that either bravo or pollard are in it as well. I am not sure though. please tell if you know!

The first bowler to take 5 wickets in a Test innings was Australia’s Billy Midwinter in 1877.

India refused to continue the match against Pakistan when Sarfaraz Nawaz bowled four successive bumpers and the umpire took no action. The game was at Sahiwal in 1978/79.

Sri-Lanka lost their last six wickets for 8 runs off 371 balls in the game vs. Australia at Melbourne in January 1990.

Kamran Akmal has also made it to bollywood.He's in the new film of Akshay Kumar about crickrt.I am not sure but i think that either bravo or pollard are in it as well. I am not sure though. please tell if you know!

you do know that i was joking right..RIGHT???

In a World Cup Match in 1975, Gavaskar batted throughout the 60 overs & scored only 36 runs . India lost to England by a huge margin of 203 runs.

In that game, England batted first, and posted a record 334 runs in their 60 overs. (This record stood until Pakistan scored 338 against Sri Lanka in the first game of the 1983 world cup).

At the time, India did not believe in limited over matches. Other teams (Pakistan included) were familiar with the format because of their exposure to county cricket, where these games were becoming routine for 5+ years. Indian players had no exposure to country cricket.

And so, in this game, they refused to even go for the runs. Gavaskar played his typical self, and batted through all 60 overs for 36 runs. I believe, India scored 136 runs for a loss of 3-4 wickets.

In the first two world cups, India had a total of ONE win: against East Africa (in 1975, when Bishen Bedi had this analysis: 12-8-6-1). They even lost to Sri Lanka.

In comparison, West Indies did not lose a single game in the first two world cups (I think one of their games was abandoned due to rain).

These two teams met, for their first game in the 1983 world cup, and India sprung up a major upset by beating the favorites. Of course, India was to bring up an even bigger upset three weeks later, by upstaging West Indies in the final.

In the 1983 world cup, West Indies played Pakistan in the semifinal, and India in the final. Each time, they batted second, and had to chase 184 to win the game.

Against Pakistan, they won by 7 wickest, with enough time/overs to watch a movie! Against India, however, they were bowled out for 140.

(I'm going by memory. The numbers could be slightly off.)

Clem Hill’s scores in his first three Test innings was 99,98 and 97 runs.

I didn't know those were his first three innings in test cricket. I know that he was the first player to be dismissed for 99, and in the very next test, he was out for 98 and 97.

I believe he finished his career with one more score in the 90's.

And I think his highest score was 191.

Denis Lille was the first bowler to reach 350 wickets in test cricket, he took 355 wickets in 70 matches.

Shahid Afridi was voted the most popular cricketer in pakistan in a recent survey.(around 3 yrs).

Shahid Afridi is the only player to score more than 5000 runs at an average less than 25 in ODIs.

Last edited:
1. Pakistan won the WC in 1992 after beating England in final.
2. Pakistan won the T20I WC in 2009 after beating Sri Lanka in final.
3. Pakistan bowled out Australia for 88 in a Test match at Headingly.

I am not really sure but i think that in one day international no team has been able to achieve the 228 runs.

haha do you know what you are saying? there must be some other meaning to it and can't be tests coz India just recently scored 228 in South Africa & 228 has been scored many times in ODIs.

People don't just copy paste do some research.

Kallis holds the record for the fastest 50 in tests. Kallis made 50 in just 24 balls

Back