IPL | Deccan Chargers Vs Chennai Super Kings | 27/05/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid A

Local Club Captain
Runs
With Deccan not won at home yet can they break the jink with there last game of the tournament

Will Afridi play!!! ???

CHENNAI SUPER KINGS

Chennai who gave a brilliant fight back in their last game against Rajasthan coming close to their chase of 211 are looking to continue with the same combination.

Likely:

P Patel, S Fleming, S Raina, MS Dhoni, A Morkel, S Badrinath, M Gony, A Mukund, L Balaji, M Muralitharan, M Ntini

DECCAN CHARGERS

Deccan Chargers won’t experiment much in their last game of the tournament.

Rohit Sharma who injured his right finger during the last game will sit out.

Likely:

A Gilchrist, H Gibbs, C Silva, R Teja, V Rao, S Bangar, S Styris, A Yadav, C Vaas, D Vijaykumar, RP Singh

Game starts at 3:20pm UK TIME

Afridi might replace Rohit? fingers crossed... i jsut want to see ONE good innings from this guy before he gets put in the 'soon to be retired' group of players :D

DC haven't really had any impact on the tournament so far. Today might be their chance to upset Chennai's plans.

If Chennai lose and Mumbai win tomorrow against Bangalore then Mumbai should qualify on higher run rate.

going by dc past performances.. i doubt they'll win so mumbai - see u next year ;-)

Dakkhan tops don't have the bowling to contain a school side. Their best bet is to bowl first and then hope that their batsmen can explode chasing what ever Chennai scores.

SameerM said:
Afridi might replace Rohit? fingers crossed... i jsut want to see ONE good innings from this guy before he gets put in the 'soon to be retired' group of players :D

he cant because that will mean they got more overseas players because Rohit is indian

Shahid A said:
he cant because that will mean they got more overseas players because Rohit is indian

Cricinfo is listing him in its probable DC squad.

Chennai Super Kings (probable): 1 Parthiv Patel (wk), Stephen Fleming, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Albie Morkel, 5 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), 6 S Badrinath, 7 Abhinav Mukund/ Joginder Sharma, 8 Manpreet Gony, 9 L Balaji, 10, Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

Deccan Chargers (probable): 1 Adam Gilchrist (capt/wk), 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Rohit Sharma, 4 Venugopal Rao, 5 Shahid Afridi, 6 Ravi Teja, 7 Arjun Yadav, 8 Sanjay Bangar, 9 Nuwan Zoysa, 10 RP Singh, 11 P Vijaykumar.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/352551.html

I would count Deccan out :p

Deccan haven't won a game at home yet, and they've lost their last six matches. Their previous win came against ... Chennai.

DC win the toss and are batting.
Afridi has been included in the squad. Sharma is out.

Toss, 7.30 pm local time: Adam Gilchrist has won the toss and Deccan Chargers will bat. Mahendra Singh Dhoni says he would have bowled first so it "doesn't make much of a difference".

This is a big match, Chennai's chance to secure a semi-final berth and knock out Mumbai. Chennai haven't made any changes to their XI from the match against Rajasthan.

Chennai Super Kings: 1 Parthiv Patel (wk), Stephen Fleming, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Albie Morkel, 5 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), 6 S Badrinath, 7 Abhinav Mukund, 8 Manpreet Gony, 9 L Balaji, 10, Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

It's all about pride and more pride for Deccan, who won the wooden spoon after the loss to Bangalore. They've made a few tweaks to their line-up. I'll tell you what they are as soon as I know.

Deccan have brought back Shahid Afridi, Scott Styris, Sarvesh Kumar and Pragyan Ojha and left out Rohit Sharma, who may be injured, Chamara Silva, Chaminda Vaas and Sanjay Bangar.

Deccan Chargers: 1 Adam Gilchrist (capt/wk), 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Scott Styris, 4 Venugopal Rao, 5 Shahid Afridi, 6 Ravi Teja, 7 Arjun Yadav, 8 Pragyan Ohja, 9 Sarvesh Kumar, 10 RP Singh, 11 P Vijaykumar.

I don't think goat slayer will make any runs tonight because he still prefers blood and flesh instead of runs/wickets. He is born to be like that, eating goats has goatified his brain.

56/2 at 10 overs !!! going quite well for DC.. only 2 down..

Styris on 20 - and hitting atleast one four an over.
Venugopal 16 - playing a bit more defensive

no 6 is good.. he cant ADD more pressure can he! and if he fires its a bonus

Even if Afridi clicks it is too late for Deccans. They cannot avoid finishing last.

jackal786 said:
Even if Afridi clicks it is too late for Deccans. They cannot avoid finishing last.

especially with the kind of bowling they have. :burn:

the only way deccan would have a chance would have been if they psoted a decent total which would have pressured up Chennai, force them into mistakes etc...

but not likely

71/3 off 13 overs !!! no 6 hit in this game yet :O

Usually in Gully cricket there is always a team that gets thrashed by every other team. They will lose even when things go right for them.. Even though this match is not over yet.. i can relate Deccans to such a team.

either Yadav or Afridi to come in next.. these two going quite well seeing ho bad the team was doing

four over morkels head!!!

morkel and mindy - i used to like that show when i was about 9

Teja moved across his stumps to try and chip a full ball from outside off over short fine leg - the Misbah shot - instead he got a leading edge that went on the first bounce to third man

the asassin even has a SHOT named after him.. see the impact? who else can say that??? ;-) misbah for captain

boom booom TEJA !!!

17.2 Ntini to Ravi Teja, SIX

The crowd chant for "Boom Boom Afridi".

17.1 Ntini to Ravi Teja, FOUR, full ball angling into middle stump,

jackal786 said:
This is going to be a huge anti climax. These two batting till 20th over :p

only for the blind followers!! :)) atleast u will see him bowl!! ;-)

venugopal hits 4 off morkel

Morkel going to be retired after this over!! i have a beastly feeling

The crowd begins to roar as Afridi walks in

10 seconds later... Afridi walks out - Crowd goes wild !

Rao's run out! It's the slower ball and Rao pulls towards deep backward square leg, the first run is easy but Rao wants to come back for the second, Gony fields and fires the throw on the bounce to Parthiv who breaks the stumps with his bat exactly on the line

gooooooooo Afridi - get ur own mans out if they wont let u bat!

RP Singh vs afridi.. i would back RP at this time. Hope he gets more of the strike.

Afridi playing for STATS now ?? lolll - he just wants a NOT OUT in his collection

it IS a shock bro.. i thought maybe Afridi is a new/changed guy.. but he still the same

he should bat at no 10 man.. pure sh!te

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back