IPL (Season 7) | Coverage Matches Threads [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IPL-7 | Match 48 | Kings XI Punjab v Mumbai Indians | 21/5/14 | Mohali

IPL-7, Match 48 to be played today at Mohali, Chandigarh.

Great effort and coordinated fielding by Maxi and other dude

Veru is the most favorite player of Priety Zinta.

awwww.... Veeru is gonna melt

BTW veeru is still a big star. His few seconds on field brings more cheers and smiles on people's faces than the entire match.

IPL-7 | Kolkata v Bangalore at Kolkata | Chennai v Hyderabad at Ranchi | 22/5/14

IPL-7, Match 49 and 50 to be played to today at Kolkata and Ranchi.

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>RCB bring in Ashok Dinda for a must-win game, the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gunfight and stabbing yourself in the face with it.</p>— Alternative Cricket (@AltCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/AltCricket/statuses/469446529246179330">May 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Robin Utthapa has sneaked past Maxwell. Who would have thought about that few weeks ago. Maxi looked so far ahead of everyone with no stopping him.

Utthapa has presented his case for Intl T20, possibly replacing Dhawan.

Has there been any match this season where Dinda has gone for less than 35 runs? He has to be one of the most brainless cricketers I've ever seen.

Uthappa's consistency is ridiculous this season. 8 consecutive 40+ scores in T20 cricket is extremely impressive no matter what league you're playing in, let alone the IPL. Seems to really put a prize on his wicket now, and has toned down the brainfarts he used to have earlier in his career. Plus, he's also keeping which makes his batting even more impressive. Definitely the star of this year's IPL!

Both Kohli and AB have to fire in order for RCB to have any chance of chasing this. Hopefully, Gayle can play a quick-fire 25-30, instead of the useless 10-12 runs he scores of 20+ balls. Yuvraj's innings will also be crucial, he'll probably come in around the 8-9th over when the spinners are on and I definitely believe think he can attack Chawla and Shakib.

Gayle gone early again, no surprise there. Takawale looks like a pub player. Awful technique.

Gayle is the biggest disappointment this year.

With all his money Mallya bought the top players in the world and yet couldnt build a decent team. RCB isnt even a team to beat.

RCB needs to hire the management of RR and let them do the team building.

This is the key for me. Out of all the money they've spent, they have the worst collection of domestic players in the league.

On an unrelated note, when I found out that Vinay Kumar was let go by the RCB, I thought they couldn't replace him with anyone worse. Then they went ahead and bought Dinda. :sami

RCB's hopes rest on the shoulders of Vinay Kumar. Kumar rising up to the challenge, 0-26 in 2 overs.

Why don't they send gayle on 5th? He should be coming in around 15th over to strike the ball, he clearly cannot play sensible cricket.

Why don't they send gayle on 5th? He should be coming in around 15th over to strike the ball, he clearly cannot play sensible cricket.

I don't think he's being sent out there to play 'sensible' cricket. He has always been a slow starter, taking his time to settle in, then bashing it all over the place. He's not someone who goes out there and goes all out from ball one which you need from someone coming in at number 5-6. Nowadays, even if he settles in, he doesn't seem to have the ability to consistently hit the big shots, which leads to him getting out.

Yuvraj and AB on the charge. 90 required from 30. Yuvraj hits 18 off the 16th over. 72 off 24 now.

With all his money Mallya bought the top players in the world and yet couldnt build a decent team. RCB isnt even a team to beat.

RCB bowlers are pathetic.

Any bowling unit that consists of Dinda is a joke.

And Narine gets Yuvraj and AB in one over. Also got Kohli earlier. Ends with 4-20. Bye bye RCB!

RCB is pathetic even after the likes of Gayle, Kohli, ABD, Yuvi in the lineup.

Guess Mallya should have spent enough money on Bowlers too.

RCB is pathetic even after the likes of Gayle, Kohli, ABD, Yuvi in the lineup.

Guess Mallya should have spent enough money on Bowlers too.

I would honestly take the Daredevils' bowling attack over their's. That's how bad they are! RCB were heavily reliant on at least 3 of their big guns firing for the whole tournament, and that simply wasn't going to happen. This kind of mismanagement could've been excused had this been the first time, but this happens every year!

I would honestly take the Daredevils' bowling attack over their's. That's how bad they are! RCB were heavily reliant on at least 3 of their big guns firing for the whole tournament, and that simply wasn't going to happen. This kind of mismanagement could've been excused had this been the first time, but this happens every year!

ABD disappointed me and so did Kohli in this IPL.

RCB does not need Gayle. Actually one of Gayle or ABD needs to go. They could have paid the Gayle money to buy either Narine or Steyn.

I feel sorry for both SRH and RCB. One is bowling heavy and the other is batting heavy. Probably they need to exchange a few players.

ABD disappointed me and so did Kohli in this IPL.

RCB does not need Gayle. Actually one of Gayle or ABD needs to go. They could have paid the Gayle money to buy either Narine or Steyn.

I feel sorry for both SRH and RCB. One is bowling heavy and the other is batting heavy. Probably they need to exchange a few players.

I wouldn't say AB was disappointing as he did play a key role in most of their wins. Kohli definitely under-performed and has only got going when it's a bit too late. RCB are definitely going to offload Gayle now but knowing them instead of taking that money and investing it on someone like Steyn, they'll get Warner or Finch. Narine isn't going anywhere though, he is priceless in this format and KKR realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back