Is anyone planning for Pakistan's tour of Australia yet?

This is the squad that can whitewash Australia in their home ground.

1. Salman Butt (c)
2. Sharjeel Khan
3. Kamran Akmal
4. Fawad Alam
5. Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
6. Asif Ali
7. Sohail Akhtar (vc)
8. Hasan Ali
9. Mohammad Amir
10. Abrar Ahmed
11. Mohammad Abbas
Hope this isn't a serious suggestion.

Very valid points made on the state of test cricket. Based on reality/real world.

Test cricket is not financially viable unless it features 2 of the 3 (Aus, Eng, Ind). Australian cricket season cannot sustain more than one year without India or England visiting. CA plans around India or England playing in Aus. every two years.

I challenge CA to go three years without the two visiting for a series. I don't think it will happen.

By the way, I would say that, there is no longer a Big3. Now it is separated 1, 2, 3, 4.
1. Big 1 - India
2. Secondary 2 - Aus, Eng.
3. Middle 3 - NZ, SA, Pak.
4. Bottom 4 - WI, SL, BD, Zim.
How ironic that 'Big 1' only wins useless bilateral series and hasn't been able to win an ICC event in the last 9 attempts and 10 years.

In 10-15 years time, no one will remember useless bilateral wins.

When people talk about Australia and West Indies of the past and how dominant they were, they always point to the number of World events Australia and West indies won.

I know brother @MMHS is reading this thread since he liked my post. Brother, this thread is screaming for your valuable inputs. Brother @Junaids has already made his ideas known. May we have a counter-narrative? Thanks.
The series still is long way - let the WC start, during game time I’ll definitely write something on it. This epic thread will live quite a while, for sure.

I feel like this thread and op are on a bit on a loop. It’s the same point every time. Tall bowlers do well in Australia …yes we get it except there are no decent tall bowlers in Pakistan set up bar SSA and one bowler is not enough. Every time Pakistan try to introduce tall seamers they are either too raw or too injury prone. Moral of the story just pick your best bowlers and have a good strong bench.

Over the years not so tall bowlers have done ok only for the weak link to be picked off. Let’s see

The 2003/2004 series started with a bang with not so tall Shohaib and Sami reducing Australia, the best team by a margin to something ridiculous like nothing for 6 only to get injured themselves and let them off the hook. We took Asif on debut potentially one of the best bowlers for Pakistan and he got murdered in later tests. Sydney I think. GilChrist just murdered him. The bench was just too weak.

2010. We had Amir Asif and Sami only for a bad keeper to keep dropping catches and they just piled on the runs. We did take a tall bowler Abdul Rauf who was too insignificant and past his best to make a difference and was slaughtered. Sami bowled his heart out and was doing ok for a bit.

2017 we could just about muster rookies and has beens. The best bowlers we could pick were rahat, Amir, wahab etc. enough said.

So it’s not that nobody is aware to take 4 SSA and a Warne just that Pak neither has them nor is able to develop them. Usually we’ve given up competing before we get there and are only there for a holiday to enjoy the Australian beaches. God help us.

I wonder what OP thinks about which grounds Pakistan should play at? Tests that are...

Back in 2013, when Indian test team was coming off 8-0 walloping, he suggested rather advocated or maybe that India should be hosted at tertiary Aussie cricket grounds fors tests like Hobart, Carins, Canberra as they were not worthy of big stadias based on their performances' and wrote long eloquent tales paragraphs on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what OP thinks about which grounds Pakistan should play at? Tests that are...

Back in 2013, when Indian test team was coming off 8-0 walloping, he suggested rather advocated or maybe that India should be hosted at tertiary Aussie cricket grounds fors tests like Hobart, Carins, Canberra as they were not worthy of big stadias based on their performances' and wrote long eloquent tales paragraphs on it.
Welcome to casual bigotry and elitism from the author. Well known for that here. His points are usually pointless and talking points recycled to feel important. They are sometimes like old boomer uncles and grandparents who clearly know is best for everyone/s

Welcome to casual bigotry and elitism from the author. Well known for that here. His points are usually pointless and talking points recycled to feel important. They are sometimes like old boomer uncles and grandparents who clearly know is best for everyone/s
I am well acquainted with it, just amused by the hypocrisy of the "doc". Anyways best of luck to Pakistan and hope they do well both in the WC and in OZ, and hopefully wont see any of OP's posts in WC- as he's already deemed it as frivilous.

I am well acquainted with it, just amused by the hypocrisy of the "doc". Anyways best of luck to Pakistan and hope they do well both in the WC and in OZ, and hopefully wont see any of OP's posts in WC- as he's already deemed it as frivilous.
funny thing OP is also very poor in assessing basic strategies. India has done pretty well in Australia barring a single tour in last 20 years. None of the requirements and expectations put forward for Pak by OP is true with India.

Is anyone here keeping a watch on the Quaid e Azam Trophy? With Naseem and Ihsanullah out for the next 3-4 months, who are the 2 Pacers who could partner Shaheen in the Australia series?

Pakistan needs 3-4 very strong pacers for Australia tour who are capable of taking 20 wickets in a test match. I hope Shaheen remains fully fit for Australia tour, not sure what are the other options.

I'm gonna love this tour. Besides India and Pakistan, I also love watching the Aussies play.

I just don’t know what pace attack we can possibly bring at this point that will be effective. I guess we just have to wait to see how everyone’s injuries heal and what options we have.

Naseem shouldn't be rushed back for this tour
Ihsanullah and hasnain also both injured, and may/may not be ready in time
Leaves a bit of a dilemma about who is going to be the 3rd quick to bowl with SSA, Rauf and 4th seamer Ashraf/Aamer jamal. Might have to go with a weak link in Wasim jr or relative unknown in Zaman khan.

Naseem shouldn't be rushed back for this tour
Ihsanullah and hasnain also both injured, and may/may not be ready in time
Leaves a bit of a dilemma about who is going to be the 3rd quick to bowl with SSA, Rauf and 4th seamer Ashraf/Aamer jamal. Might have to go with a weak link in Wasim jr or relative unknown in Zaman khan.
I think we might go with the following bowling attack:
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Abrar
Salman Agha (part time)

Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Abrar
Salman Agha (part time)
I don't really think there is much point at all in bowling any of our spin options, they will be smashed to all parts on these pitches. Yes aussies will play lyon but someone with near enough 500 test scalps is in a different class.

I would say again that Naseem needs a good period out to rest and recover, returning for the first series after the tour. If they bowl him down under there is a real risk of aggrivating something not fully healed which may well put a young talent's career in jeopardy.

I will be there in Melbourne for 2 weeks. If anyone wants to catch pm me.

I think haris Rauf is a liability if he has to bowl more than 10 overs in the day. You need a decent line and length medium pacer as well as an express bowler for short bursts. I can’t as yet see who else is an experienced test bowler. Maybe abbas will make a comeback alongside Hasan Ali and SSA

If Pak are thinking of using part time offies like salman Agha or ifti they might as well pack up and go to the beach. They will be destroyed like Graeme swan was.

Abrar might be useful

Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Abrar
Salman Agha (part time)
Rauf will not play tests, nor should we want him to.

Making Naseem, Shaheen and Rauf an all format trio will be a death sentence for their sustainability.

In any case Rauf will be ineffective in tests when batsmen have all the time in the world to wait for the loose ball.

Protect Rauf for white ball and play Hasan Ali instead.

Another pacer should also be identified to rotate with Shaheen and Naseem so their workloads aren’t too crazy.

Are Ihsanullah and Naseem Shah still going to be injured by the time this series happens?

Rauf will not play tests, nor should we want him to.

Making Naseem, Shaheen and Rauf an all format trio will be a death sentence for their sustainability.

In any case Rauf will be ineffective in tests when batsmen have all the time in the world to wait for the loose ball.

Protect Rauf for white ball and play Hasan Ali instead.

Another pacer should also be identified to rotate with Shaheen and Naseem so their workloads aren’t too crazy.
We can take a leaf out of england's book and use him like they did with wood in the ashes as an impact bowler for short spells. They have time no doubt but extra pace plus the extra bounce on aussie wickets hurry batsmen and can make them do strange things.

Of course this will be dependent on whether the two frontline seamers can keep things under wraps well enough for us to not have to overbowl the impact bowler.

I would think completely out of box and pick Umar Akmal for Australia tests. Umar Akmal is due a comeback anyway since Nawaz Shareef return

I would think completely out of box and pick Umar Akmal for Australia tests. Umar Akmal is due a comeback anyway since Nawaz Shareef return
Bro, you were disagreeing with my whole umar akmal post of misbah doing injustice towards him shoving him from no 3 to no 6.

Now you want him back, when he's a hasbeen like hasan Ali at this point?

Bro, you were disagreeing with my whole umar akmal post of misbah doing injustice towards him shoving him from no 3 to no 6.

Now you want him back, when he's a hasbeen like hasan Ali at this point?
Yes the defeat in the WC has been brought me back to senses

Plus now I want some entertainment in my life

Yes the defeat in the WC has been brought me back to senses

Plus now I want some entertainment in my life

Umar akmal may have been a hack but he was a gun no 3 and played for the team and played according to modern standards, something atm no one in our team does besides chacha and when fakhar was in form. Rest are all mental midgets including Mr no 1.

He would have improved had misbah not shoved him down. But if he comes back now what will that do? He's a has been and a broken cup, those pieces won't be fixed.

Only way to fix it is to invent a time travelling machine, travel back to 2009 and make sure misbah never gets captaincy so umar can remain at no 3.

Imagine the state of Pakistan cricket if what looks like elimination from a World Cup, to a whitewash from the Aussies. That would kill Pakistan cricket. They’ll be back to playing PSL so they could win something again.

Australia at home are a gun team with Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, Boland & Lyon. It needs meticulous planning and execution to defeat them at home. India managed to do that in 2021 but not sure if India will themselves be able to replicate that one more time. Pakistan bowlers even though skilled are all over the place. They lack consistency and precision. They rely on magic balls to get wickets which isn't going to happen on Aussie wickets. The best way to defeat Australia is to wear their batsmen out by drying up the runs. The biggest problem for Pakistan in their previous tours was keeping the lid on the runs.

Virat Kohli after 2015 tour where Indian pacers went for 4+ an over told Indian bowlers to take Hazlewood as template and improve accuracy. In 2018 and 2021 we saw how the bowlers had improved. No matter which bowler India played in the 2021 tour they stuck to the plan which is what Pakistan need to work on. With World Cup going on right now and with injuries, not sure Pakistan can do much planning.

So as of now my mind is saying to land the following XI in the first test:

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Saim Ayub
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Faheem Ashraf
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Abrar Ahmed
10. Shahnawaz Dahani
11. Arshad Iqbal

So as of now my mind is saying to land the following XI in the first test:

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Saim Ayub
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Faheem Ashraf
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Abrar Ahmed
10. Shahnawaz Dahani
11. Arshad Iqbal

You want someone who can't play the short ball to save his life to open the batting in Australia? Like seriously?

Australia at home are a gun team with Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, Boland & Lyon. It needs meticulous planning and execution to defeat them at home. India managed to do that in 2021 but not sure if India will themselves be able to replicate that one more time. Pakistan bowlers even though skilled are all over the place. They lack consistency and precision. They rely on magic balls to get wickets which isn't going to happen on Aussie wickets. The best way to defeat Australia is to wear their batsmen out by drying up the runs. The biggest problem for Pakistan in their previous tours was keeping the lid on the runs.

Virat Kohli after 2015 tour where Indian pacers went for 4+ an over told Indian bowlers to take Hazlewood as template and improve accuracy. In 2018 and 2021 we saw how the bowlers had improved. No matter which bowler India played in the 2021 tour they stuck to the plan which is what Pakistan need to work on. With World Cup going on right now and with injuries, not sure Pakistan can do much planning.

The secret to winning in Australia is to take 20 wickets in a test match by grinding the Australian Scoring Rate down to a minimum i.e. 300-350 runs maximum and then scoring the same amount of runs.

What planning? This team needs complete overhauling. We can't continue with these leagues level players. Let them play leagues and bring in top domestic players in the team

It’s hard to imagine that we could have a bowling lineup prepared by then that could take 20 wickets in a match. It was hard for even our greatest bowlers in the past to do it. If somehow Pakistan managed to win even a single Test there it would be a massive massive accomplishment.

So far the only locks in the bowling line up seem to be:
Shaheen Shah
Abrar

Agha Salman and Saud Shakeel will also be able to bowl a few overs since they make the team on their batting strength. I’d hope Naseem Shah could be ready by then since he bowls a tight length and we are in desperate need of someone to keep the RR down so Australia doesn’t run away with the match.

If I were to pick anyone else it’d have to be Ihsanullah simply because he’s 6’5 and generates some good bounce but not sure if it’s a good idea to take him considering the inexperience.

Shaheen Shah
Naseem Shah
Abrar

Who else do you guys think has a serious chance?

Also, Haris Rauf would be a cool addition because he adds something different to the bowling lineup with his pace. We could use him for really short bursts but he’s also only 5’11 or so and will be carted for runs on his bad days. On top of that, he’s a bad bat and the tail being able to bat is really important in Australia.

The secret to winning in Australia is to take 20 wickets in a test match by grinding the Australian Scoring Rate down to a minimum i.e. 300-350 runs maximum and then scoring the same amount of runs.
Yup that exactly was the plan Indian bowlers followed. Drying up the runs and bowling to to set plans got the Aussies to make mistakes and get out.

It’s hard to imagine that we could have a bowling lineup prepared by then that could take 20 wickets in a match. It was hard for even our greatest bowlers in the past to do it. If somehow Pakistan managed to win even a single Test there it would be a massive massive accomplishment.

So far the only locks in the bowling line up seem to be:
Shaheen Shah
Abrar

Agha Salman and Saud Shakeel will also be able to bowl a few overs since they make the team on their batting strength. I’d hope Naseem Shah could be ready by then since he bowls a tight length and we are in desperate need of someone to keep the RR down so Australia doesn’t run away with the match.

If I were to pick anyone else it’d have to be Ihsanullah simply because he’s 6’5 and generates some good bounce but not sure if it’s a good idea to take him considering the inexperience.

Shaheen Shah
Naseem Shah
Abrar

Who else do you guys think has a serious chance?

Ehsanullhah, Naseem Shah, Hasnain are going to be out for almost a year.

We will have no choice but to take Shahnawaz Dhani and some of the other rookies for this tour.

Ehsanullhah, Naseem Shah, Hasnain are going to be out for almost a year.

We will have no choice but to take Shahnawaz Dhani and some of the other rookies for this tour.
Oh didn’t realize they’d both be gone for so long. We are probably cooked then 😂 debut tour in Australia is brutal

You’re a good man Junaids.

More real than the so called Pakistanis by birth on here who will jump on the Afghani Jalebi bandwagon or the Indian bandwagon to trash their own team.

Yet here you are planning for a grand heist with this Pakistan team in a place where our cricketing dreams go to die.

I do think that the Aussie reign will end soon and it’s only a matter of time till we unearth another legendary fast bowler or 2. In Sha Allah.

Unfortunately PCB does not take Test cricket seriously, so no planning we will land half an hour before the series and the phainta will start

How ironic that 'Big 1' only wins useless bilateral series and hasn't been able to win an ICC event in the last 9 attempts and 10 years.

When people talk about Australia and West Indies of the past and how dominant they were, they always point to the number of World events Australia and West indies won.
You are showing you started watching cricket in 2000s.
Windies were known for their test cricket, ask Imran Khan or read what he talks about Pak tour of WI.

WI tour of Aus where WI came off age to become unbeatable was all about test cricket, there is a reason why every team wanted to win a test series in WI which hadn’t happened for the longest time and Aus did it, Frank Worrel trophy was a huge deal until 1990s.

India’s biggest wins are against AUS also in tests, ppl don’t even remember India vS Aus qtr 2011, but everyone remembers 2001 and 2020-21.

You’re a good man Junaids.

More real than the so called Pakistanis by birth on here who will jump on the Afghani Jalebi bandwagon or the Indian bandwagon to trash their own team.

Yet here you are planning for a grand heist with this Pakistan team in a place where our cricketing dreams go to die.

I do think that the Aussie reign will end soon and it’s only a matter of time till we unearth another legendary fast bowler or 2. In Sha Allah.
How will that help Pak? Even with IK Wasim Waqar Shoaib the wins hardly came.

I have been on this forum for years and always seen Junaids overhype Pak against Aus and opposite for India against Aus.

Also, Haris Rauf would be a cool addition because he adds something different to the bowling lineup with his pace. We could use him for really short bursts but he’s also only 5’11 or so and will be carted for runs on his bad days. On top of that, he’s a bad bat and the tail being able to bat is really important in Australia.
Harris Rauf? Can be bowl for that long?

You are showing you started watching cricket in 2000s.
Windies were known for their test cricket, ask Imran Khan or read what he talks about Pak tour of WI.

WI tour of Aus where WI came off age to become unbeatable was all about test cricket, there is a reason why every team wanted to win a test series in WI which hadn’t happened for the longest time and Aus did it, Frank Worrel trophy was a huge deal until 1990s.

India’s biggest wins are against AUS also in tests, ppl don’t even remember India vS Aus qtr 2011, but everyone remembers 2001 and 2020-21.
Australia and NZ showed test cricket to India in WTC final

Still shamelessly talking about test cricket

As if Pakistan is going to play the WTC final in Aus 🤣...
The other guy started going off topic by comparing the great West Indies and Australia of the past to geedar India that always loses knockout games and haven't won a single ICC trophy in 10 years

The other guy started going off topic by comparing the great West Indies and Australia of the past to geedar India that always loses knockout games and haven't won a single ICC trophy in 10 years
WTC is a joke format. In tests, individual series is important. I do agree with LOIs though. India should have won atleast 2 events in last 10 years. The good thing is, they are reaching the latter stages consistently.

WTC is a joke format. In tests, individual series is important. I do agree with LOIs though. India should have won atleast 2 events in last 10 years. The good thing is, they are reaching the latter stages consistently.
It's a debate for another forum and another day
But its a really really fair format where the best 2 teams eventually play the final.

Plus it brings relevance to test cricket .

Criticizing it is just like criticizing DRS. if you watched cricket before DRS, you would know how unfair some of the matches were.

It's a debate for another forum and another day
But its a really really fair format where the best 2 teams eventually play the final.

Plus it brings relevance to test cricket .

Criticizing it is just like criticizing DRS. if you watched cricket before DRS, you would know how unfair some of the matches were.
Tests never needed context. For a test fan like me, a full fledged series is more important. I still value the series win in 2021 more than 2011 WC. For some reason, ICC decided that the millenials need to get more into tests. For that, they wrapped a pseudo series around the test cycle which has different number of matches, series, away matches, home matches, different oppositions ( these are joke number 1 ) with points. Then they decided winner would be settled by a one off test in England ( Joke number 2 )..

Playing simple cricket is the hardest cricket. The names being mentioned for our bowling attack do not inspire me with confidence. You don't need a tearaway, you need line and length. Fundamentals repeated over and over. Discipline.

I don't see that in any of our bowlers consistently. Forget world class, we lack an international quality frontline spinner, whose job is to just bowl 50+ overs in a test, irrespective of whether he can score runs.

Batting doesn't seem as bad as it has been in previous years. I'm looking forward to Shafique hopefully developing further.

I'd not get my hopes up about succeeding in Australia, we didn't succeed at home last year.

We need a new team lol. Not this tried and tested fail.

Abdullah and saud are fine. Babar at no 4 is also fine.

But we need fresh blood, move saud at no 3, have Abdullah open and bring in new blood. Let saim ayub play In test. I think fakhar shpuld have been given a rope in test but oh well.

Let omair bin aziz, Kamran gulam (He has a poor list A record but I don't see why he shouldn't replace Shan masood cause he seems to be a good batsmen)

Bring in specialist spinners alongside abrar, maybe try zafar gohar or someone else.

The whole team needs an overhaul. For god sakes no more imam, he's been exposed enough as it is. He got exposed in the Sri lanka test series and now in this world cup.

He can't play long innings, nor can he play the short ball, nor can attack, nor can he play when the ball is soft and old. Bhai what can he do besides nudge and nudge?

He's lucky we have had shehzad and jamshed esc openers in the past so imam looks a million dollars.

Abid Ali before his heart attack was 200x the batsmen imam was and even abid isn't that special, Only reason imam functioned was because fakhar was their to hand hold him. Now that falhar is out of form and Abdullah is a snail, Imam has to take the responsibility of attacking in the first 10 overs chasing big totals and it obviously is exposing him now

This world cup has been a disaster for Babar the captain but major success for Rizwan the batter.

The coming Aus test tour is one that Rizwan will start on bench and likely Pak will be thrashed badly as usual. So he will escape most of the recrimination and blame game.

By the end of the Aus tour, Rizwan will probably be the all format captain and the guy with most performance credit in the bank.

I'm very excited for this series.
Would be great to see Shaheen's performance on bouncy Australian tracks.
Hope he'll get same success as Bumrah.
Rizwan should play all the matches as pure batsman along with Sarfaraz Ahmed.

Pakistan need to find a proper opener along with Shafique as Imam can't even play to save him life on bouncy surfaces.

Looks like Naseem won't recover from the injury.

My team for 1st test would be like this,

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Shan Masood
3. Saud Shakeel
4. Babar Azam
5. Mohammad Rizwan (c)
6. Fahim Ashraf / Amer Jamal
7. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk)
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Haris Rauf / Hasan Ali
10. Any Pacer
11. Abrar Ahmed

I feel sad for babar azam a bit. The dude cried after the Afghanistan game and all of social media attacked him.

Atm sarfraz Ahmed, Rizwan and Shaheen are being considered replacements according to the media.

Dude babar you need to realise, this is what happens when you buy into media hype. Media ruins a person. One second you're on top, the other, they feed you into the wolves.

You should have stayed a no 3 for Pakistan man, you're talented and can work on yourself.

I do feel bad for you, but you do kinda deserve it for this friendship drama. Regardless, I sincerely hope babar does his best to learn from this and become an all star bat for Pakistan rather then compare himself to atg's like kohli.

Also this crying does prove he was mentally weak and never fit to lead. If I was babar I'd reagin from captaincy this instant.

World cup is a lost cause so take the next games as practise matches and try to score without worrying on the outcome.

Crying is a sign of mentally strong and good hearted person IMO.

Bro it depends on context of crying.

Crying because you feel you either did wrong in the past and want to make things right or crying because of a loved one passed away is different from crying because you're getting ridiculed and can't handle captaincy pressure.

You were always gonna get media flack left and right as soon as you took the job. Do you have any idea how much flack Dhoni has gotten through his career nonstop even from ex indian cricketers despite being so succesful? His own bollywood movie showcases the insane pain he went through nonstop in his life.

Same with sarfraz, he got clowned after the 1st India game loss and then got praised again for ct 2017 win, all that went out the window in 2018 same way the 2012 Pakistan victory over India got media flack left and right despite India winning world cup A year prior.

You gotta know what you signed up for man. If you are crying because you lost to afghanistan, you need to assess what went wrong.

Don't just cry and give up and act mentally defeated. Cry, but get back up. Everyone in life faces difficulties. You, me, Babar Dhoni, etc, no one is different, we've faced issues and life has brought us down but we kept going.

Can babar keep going? Or is this his final give up moment and he fades into obscurity? He needs to pick himself up. Crying and being defeated is no way to go about thing.

I like babar, unlike rizwan who I hate for his con artist nonsense and imam for his parchi fraud. I genuinely believe babar is a good person and a good batsmen who just let media hype get into his head and became egotistical as a result.

I want babar to stay and learn. Not give up defeated.

Planning or no planning, we all know the outcome. I don’t understand why do Australia even bother inviting us over at this point.
The Western Australia government specifically demanded to host Pakistan in Perth instead of the West Indies
But sadly, our own countrymen have made it a hobby mocking the cricket team any chance they get

I feel sad for babar azam a bit. The dude cried after the Afghanistan game and all of social media attacked him.

Atm sarfraz Ahmed, Rizwan and Shaheen are being considered replacements according to the media.

Dude babar you need to realise, this is what happens when you buy into media hype. Media ruins a person. One second you're on top, the other, they feed you into the wolves.

You should have stayed a no 3 for Pakistan man, you're talented and can work on yourself.

I do feel bad for you, but you do kinda deserve it for this friendship drama. Regardless, I sincerely hope babar does his best to learn from this and become an all star bat for Pakistan rather then compare himself to atg's like kohli.

Also this crying does prove he was mentally weak and never fit to lead. If I was babar I'd reagin from captaincy this instant.

World cup is a lost cause so take the next games as practise matches and try to score without worrying on the outcome.

The guy would be extremely lucky is he captains Quetta in the next PSL

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, I don’t think that’s true.

The dominance of the West Indies was all about their dominance of every team in test cricket. The World Cups were a nice cherry on top, but it did not define them.

People still talk about the dominance of the West Indies in the late 70s and 80s. They didn’t win a single World Cup in the 80s, but it doesn’t detract from their standing in the 80s

Where you have a point is ODI bilaterals. No one remembers them at all.

Babar is the last person in the world we should feel sorry for. He has made 200+ million people cry through his arrogance and nepotism.
Thing is, I can tell who's a bad person and who isn't.

Unlike misbah, Babar was a good person who got caught up in this media nonsense and developed an ego.

If this is the end of Babar then ig he wasn't able to escape the akmal fate.

That's not true.

Prime Australia was the first team to tonk a 438 in the one ball only era, which would be an impossible feat for anyone to achieve today.

I remember a game where they tonked 380 against NZ when 250 use to be par score. And someone said the score is 380 and Glenn mcgrath and Shane Warne is bowling. Is this some sort of April fools joke?

Prime West Indies dominated everyone. In everything, with people terrified of them, especially viv.

It wasn't just cups. It's the same with 2019 England. Before their world cup endeavour they were bullying Australia and Pakistan like no tmr.

To be fair, I don’t think that’s true.

The dominance of the West Indies was all about their dominance of every team in test cricket. The World Cups were a nice cherry on top, but it did not define them.

People still talk about the dominance of the West Indies in the late 70s and 80s. They didn’t win a single World Cup in the 80s, but it doesn’t detract from their standing in the 80s

Where you have a point is ODI bilaterals. No one remembers them at all.
Point is, no one will talk about Indian "domination" in the same breath as they have been unable to win an ICC title in 10 years with an ICC event happening every year

That's not true.

Prime Australia was the first team to tonk a 438 in the one ball only era, which would be an impossible feat for anyone to achieve today.

I remember a game where they tonked 380 against NZ when 250 use to be par score. And someone said the score is 380 and Glenn mcgrath and Shane Warne is bowling. Is this some sort of April fools joke?

Prime West Indies dominated everyone. In everything, with people terrified of them, especially viv.

It wasn't just cups. It's the same with 2019 England. Before their world cup endeavour they were bullying Australia and Pakistan like no tmr.
35 matches unbeaten in World Cups. Three consecutive World Cups

And you point out a useless bilateral match to make the argument that Australia were not dominant? Lol

As much as I’d want Naseem playing, there is absolutely no way he will be fit enough at his optimum pace.

With Ihsanullah and Hasnain, I doubt either of them would be fit in time and even if fully fit, I highly doubt either could last a whole test match as they’re pretty much t20 bowlers at the moment.

Amir I would love to have back, but I seriously doubt he’s fit enough for test cricket too.

No choice but to bring in Arshad Iqbal and Dahani.

But we need to recognise, this is a lost cause regardless.

The main thing is to identify your key test pacers for the next few years and find a way to entice recompense them to play 4 day cricket. Find a way, otherwise all we will produce are t20 bowlers.

35 matches unbeaten in World Cups. Three consecutive World Cups

And you point out a useless bilateral match to make the argument that Australia were not dominant? Lol
I clearly said Australia was dominant in both world cups and outside of cups.

You said people only point to world cups.

As much as I’d want Naseem playing, there is absolutely no way he will be fit enough at his optimum pace.

With Ihsanullah and Hasnain, I doubt either of them would be fit in time and even if fully fit, I highly doubt either could last a whole test match as they’re pretty much t20 bowlers at the moment.

Amir I would love to have back, but I seriously doubt he’s fit enough for test cricket too.

No choice but to bring in Arshad Iqbal and Dahani.

But we need to recognise, this is a lost cause regardless.

The main thing is to identify your key test pacers for the next few years and find a way to entice recompense them to play 4 day cricket. Find a way, otherwise all we will produce are t20 bowlers.
I was seeing stats of this years domestic first class season and Khurram Shahzad seems to be the standout fast bowler

I never saw him bowling so cant really form an opinion. Have you seem him? How is he?

Back