Is Tim Bresnan an average cricketer?

Strike Rate

Senior T20I Player
Runs
I dont know if there are no more quality bowlers in England or he is just in the team because he can hold the bat?

Average of 35+ yes 35+ in T20I and still managed to play 30 matches. Average of 35 in ODI and still managed to play 80+ matches and his Test are stats poor too.

Conceded 51 runs in today T20 match and 36/0 in last T20 match.

Bresnan is at best a supporting bowler who can bat a bit at number 8...but the way England use him which is open with the new ball and then bowl at the death is asking too much from an ordinary bloke like Bresnan

Bowling length at the end, your gonna get murdered. England's bowling attack is toothless.

Most of the Pom bowlers looked like trundlers bar Bambi.

I dont know if there are no more quality bowlers in England or he is just in the team because he can hold the bat?

I think he's an OK ODI player. I wouldn't play him in the tests since he got injured. In 2011 he was bouncing the Indians out, but has lost his zip.

He is awful but is an ATG next to dernbach :sohail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was impressive in Aus in 10/11 bouncing them out and vs the Indians in 2011 but since his injury he has lost a yard of pace and is now just a harmless trundler :Gul

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

the useless trundler bresnan destroyed by kohli in last over so badly :)) he is not a death or new ball bowler broad need to understand that

Bresnan is finished. He peaked around 2011 and looked the part but sines then has gone downhill only.

Extremely ordinary cricketer and terribly boring as well.

Bresnan a.k.a Kapil Dev is an average player, full stop. He's supposedly only in the team for his "batting", thing is he's a 1 or 2 times out of 10 kinda player with the bat.

Last edited:
I never quite understood the hype around this guy.

Eng has a long history of trying to look for their next Botham and as result playing many bits and pieces cricketers. He is a traditional Eng player in that sense.

But why suddenly this Bresnan thread? Not that I put too much emphasis on T-20 format but WC has not even started.

Last edited:
But why suddenly this Bresnan thread? Not that I put too much emphasis on T-20 format but WC has not even started.

The thread was created during west indies series looking at his performance in that series and before that in australia series.

Bresnan to join Warwickshire

The Yorkshire County Cricket Club can confirm that Tim Bresnan will join Warwickshire on loan for the remainder of the 2020 season, subject to ECB clearance.

Bresnan has also agreed a two year contract with the Bears until the end of the 2022 season.

The all-rounder will be ineligible to play against Yorkshire in the 2020 season should the clubs meet in any format.

Speaking about Bresnan’s move to Edgbaston, Martyn Moxon, Director of Cricket said: “We are pleased that Tim has been able to secure a club so quickly and we wish him every success in the future.”

Back