Ishant Sharma's phainty from James Faulkner

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
30 runs in one over. I will call this a Phainta!:gul

Ishant to bowl the 48th.
44 needed off 18 now.

I Sharma to Faulkner, FOUR, full and wide, Faulkner throws the bat at that and connects well, that soars over extra cover for four, the first ball is hit for a boundary and the 50 partnership comes up

I Sharma to Faulkner, SIX, what an amazing hit that is, this was short from Ishant, sat up for Faulkner, who clobbers that to cow corner, he enjoyed that shot, it went a long way beyond the rope, 10 off the first two balls, what will Ishant serve up now? first he has to get the ball back, it went into the crowd and hasn't been returned since
Long-off coming into the circle

I Sharma to Faulkner, SIX, superb hit from Faulkner, that was a length ball, hit me it shouted, Faulkner obliged,that is as straight as they come, over the sightscreen, and some fans in the crowd hang their heads in disappointment
Where are the yorkers? Long-off is back on the rope now

I Sharma to Faulkner, 2 runs, goes short this time, Faulkner is swinging at everything, connects well, but only a couple to deep square leg around, that's Fauljner's 50 as well

I Sharma to Faulkner, SIX, another six, this game has turned on its head in five deliveries, fans are stunned into silence as Faulkner reels off another six, another short ball and that is hooked behind square leg for another six

I Sharma to Faulkner, SIX, SIX MORE, what on earth? Ishant Sharma had his critics before this game, there aren't going to be many people backing him after this, short once more, another pull, right off the middle off the bat, and that sails into the crowd once more, corwd not sure whether to be gobsmacked by this hitting from Faulkner or be thrilled by this sensational turn

Last edited:
Dont know about horrible bowling, but those were some serious hitting from Faulkner. He is no mug with the bat, a top order batsman in T20s in BBL

Attachments

• 1390513_656686164352411_1941166280_n.jpg
    1390513_656686164352411_1941166280_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 853
muhahaha....Love u faulkner for giving such a beating to our beloved trundler!!
for a moment,i became an aussie supporter when ishant came to bowl that 48th over.
Hope this remains as a remainder for msd.

Really disappointing performance from Sharma, he needs to be dropped.

Hahahhaha omg ! What a phaintaaaa !

Ishant will get some serious phainta from dhoni !

Be nice to poor Ishant, how could anyone hurt him

ishant-sharma-ugly-216x300.jpg

I get the feeling Ishant will play the next match. If he could play 50 tests having a near 40 avg then he can surely survive this over.

Even Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan have much better pacers than them. The sad thing is that India has the people and money but still cannot produce 1 world class fast bowler :)

lool amount of pain that poster inflicted on you...lool

Come again what are Pakistani pitches like?

:yawn: no such things exist...

As for the pain- naa not really when you the WC/CT/#1 ranked team, winning does become boring...

That's the disadvantage of IPL. With these foreigners facing the Indian bowlers, there's nothing to fear and can go all-out blazing.

Even Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan have much better pacers than them. The sad thing is that India has the people and money but still cannot produce 1 world class fast bowler :)

I swear Tendai Larry Chatara's a beast. :odoyo

And AFG's Hamid Hassan would get into the Indian or Bangladesh team and end up as their best fast bowler easily.

shocking bowling, kept bowling one half-tracker after the other.

Whats even more hilarious that Dhoni had Vinay Kumar as another option. Must have been hard for him to choose from these both terrible bowlers.

I swear Tendai Larry Chatara's a beast. :odoyo

And AFG's Hamid Hassan would get into the Indian or Bangladesh team and end up as their best fast bowler easily.

Exactly! Don't forget Kyle Jarvis and Zapoor. Ireland with Boyd Rankin who has been a success with England now. Don't forget that India has a billion people to choose from and tonnes of money that's the funny bit I have to say.

Whats even more hilarious that Dhoni had Vinay Kumar as another option. Must have been hard for him to choose from these both terrible bowlers.

Trust me Raina is a better death bowler!
I have seen him bowl well at the death.

Exactly! Don't forget Kyle Jarvis and Zapoor. Ireland with Boyd Rankin who has been a success with England now. Don't forget that India has a billion people to choose from and tonnes of money that's the funny bit I have to say.

I find both Jarvis and Zapoor kinda overrated, both have decent pace but not the control to make them as good as some show them to be... but yes probably better than Ishant Sharma (which isn't saying much). And from AFG there's also Izatullah Dawlatzai, who's literally the Associates Dale Steyn. And of course Boyd Rankin as you said.

We should import Gurinder Sandhu from Australia to spearhead our attack. He is only 20 and has not debuted in International Cricket.

I feel bad for him, hope they don't kick him out lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Vinay is pretty terrible.
Still far better than Ishant.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thank you all for appreciating my performance, hope to repeat it consistently.</p>— Ishant Sharma (@ImIshant) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImIshant/statuses/295918047628259328">January 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We should import Gurinder Sandhu from Australia to spearhead our attack. He is only 20 and has not debuted in International Cricket.

so that he could cut down on pace and become another trudler

Spare a thought for Indian batsmen.. They grow up playing these trundlers.. Imagine their shock when they first play other country bowlers.. That's why the likes of virat n MSD command so much respect in my view

burj khalifa owners want the indian curators to make the new roads in dubai.

May be they should employ Imran khan as a consultant. The guy who started the concept of flat pitches when he produced roads after roads in 80s in Pakistan. India started the process only recently, he is the originator.

Hilarious stuff!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thank you all for appreciating my performance, hope to repeat it consistently.</p>— Ishant Sharma (@ImIshant) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImIshant/statuses/295918047628259328">January 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let me change the date and time of the above tweet.....

14uym9i.jpg

May be they should employ Imran khan as a consultant. The guy who started the concept of flat pitches when he produced roads after roads in 80s in Pakistan. India started the process only recently, he is the originator.

WTH, oi Nungi, Imran was a Fast bowler and not some so-called Indian Phaast Bowler who only delivered once in a blue moon...why would he produce dead pitches when he could bowl the best out and has one of the best records in Asia (actually maybe the best)?

Your anger is on Ishant and Indian Phaast bowlers (those non-existent ones)...so apply some burnol and keep the lungi on as there are 4 more ODI's to go, so hold on; we are willing to help by providing Sami and Tanveer Kukri :junaid

^^^Learn to take a joke or two or shall I put 3-4 smiley's here:D:16::>:91:

Look who's talking. It's so easy to wind you up. You are like everybody's favourite toy. Turn the key, watch you gooooo. :)))

Theek hai, theek hai...Faulkner raat ko khawaab mein aayaay gha...make sure to sleep in Mommy's room, ok, Paa Jee:rehman

Indian fans are burning so badly right now that I heard Burnol has closed all it's factories because they cannot keep up with the demand :)

As for the pain- naa not really when you the WC/CT/#1 ranked team, winning does become boring...

It must be really boring almost whitewashing Pakistan at home... oh wait.

Ishant shouldnt be held responsible for carnage by Aussies. Its the curators who have been asked the by the management to make such pitches. Having said that, It would be unfair to pile up all the accusation over Ishant. Dhoni or Management, whoever has say must realize that Aussies are also there to play therefore balanced pitches which could Aid bowlers should be designed.

Yep, Pungi is such a great 'Real' name that I am guilty as charged of making fun

Theek hai, theek hai...Faulkner raat ko khawaab mein aayaay gha...make sure to sleep in Mommy's room, ok, Paa Jee:rehman

Indian fans are burning so badly right now that I heard Burnol has closed all it's factories because they cannot keep up with the demand :)

Didn't follow half of it. But would you please try a little harder? This one was weak even by your standards which I'm sorry to say are pathetic. I hope you act on it immediately and become a bit more venomous thank you very much :)

Didn't follow half of it. But would you please try a little harder? This one was weak even by your standards which I'm sorry to say are pathetic. I hope you act on it immediately and become a bit more venomous thank you very much :)

what he said in hindi was
ok ok..you will get dreams of faulkner today,make sure u sleep in ur mommy's room, ok bro.

Last edited:
Especially since the Pakistani curators lost their skills at it :zardari

poor chaps be still employed if not for "presidential security' ;-)

What a classless and cheap post. The Pakistani posters are talking about cricket and you are talking shots at Pakistan's security situation . Pathetic, seems like this loss really hurt you and brought out your true colors.

Last edited:
Ishant shouldnt be held responsible for carnage by Aussies. Its the curators who have been asked the by the management to make such pitches. Having said that, It would be unfair to pile up all the accusation over Ishant. Dhoni or Management, whoever has say must realize that Aussies are also there to play therefore balanced pitches which could Aid bowlers should be designed.

Faulkner is not a batsmen. Hes a bowler who could bat a little, and a bowler ended up hitting Sharma for 30 runs

What a classless and cheap post. The Pakistani posters are talking about cricket and you are talking shots at Pakistan's security situation . Pathetic, seems like this loss really hurt you and brought out your true colors.

:))

Freakish batting by Kohli and co. denied Australia victory in the 2nd game. You don't expect a side to lose after making 359. And today Faulkner's freakish hitting snatched victory from India's grasp

[utube]p8KaTvac25A[/utube]

I watched with a tinge of sadness. Its not the most comfortable of viewing watching an already poor and much maligned bowler taken to the cleaners like that. He wont be bouncing back from this.

Seeing a sporting career burn infront of me like that and a youngish man humilated infront of the world made me momentarily forget about the cricket and imagine myself in his shoes and try to appreciate the pressure these lads are under every ball.

If it was a steyn or anderson it would have been delightful viewing.

I watched with a tinge of sadness. Its not the most comfortable of viewing watching an already poor and much maligned bowler taken to the cleaners like that. He wont be bouncing back from this.

Seeing a sporting career burn infront of me like that and a youngish man humilated infront of the world made me momentarily forget about the cricket and imagine myself in his shoes and try to appreciate the pressure these lads are under every ball.

He is not going anywhere, :yk

@DV: I get the "wounded deer being hunted down by a savage native" imagery, but come on... if you had any career in the world you would trade it in for this, humiliation or not. The highs (CT final) come with lows, and a man of good character always bounces back.

This isn't over for Ishant considering the cupboards are bare for India.

@DV: I get the "wounded deer being hunted down by a savage native" imagery, but come on... if you had any career in the world you would trade it in for this, humiliation or not. The highs (CT final) come with lows, and a man of good character always bounces back.

This isn't over for Ishant considering the cupboards are bare for India.

Hes a hack, I feel nothing but pity when he bowls. I saw him warming up before the ct game against Pakistan and he looks good but when the match starts he is beyond pathetic.

I hope for his and my sake that its over. I wont watch India play again if he is selected. I want to have aggressive emotions when India play but Ishant makes me sad and sympathetic.

WTH, oi Nungi, Imran was a Fast bowler and not some so-called Indian Phaast Bowler who only delivered once in a blue moon...why would he produce dead pitches when he could bowl the best out and has one of the best records in Asia (actually maybe the best)?

Your anger is on Ishant and Indian Phaast bowlers (those non-existent ones)...so apply some burnol and keep the lungi on as there are 4 more ODI's to go, so hold on; we are willing to help by providing Sami and Tanveer Kukri :junaid

Instead of getting hyper u could check the record of Pakistan home test matches in 1980s. Most matches ended up in high scoring draws. Highest percentages of draws on Asia in 80s. Whether you like it or not, he started the concept of flat pitches. I have bursted many bubbles of Imran's hype and am happy to dig into stats to put forward the point I am making.

Anger on ishant? Not at all. Infact I feel for the poor guy as he's being ridiculed all over social media in india. For such useless series, I have little loyalty and my interests are strictly commercial. I have made a killing bcoz Australia won and so I am one of those who's not complaining at all.

That's true. Infact ever since the series was announced Burnol export orders to Pakistan ate up all the production. Reason they say is moment mohali was announced as a venue, a lot of import orders came from Pakistan. Must be some bad memories linked with the city I guess? :D

If this was Ishant's attempt to give a tribute to the recently retired Agarkar then i would say 'mission accomplished'. Because this over did remind me of Agarkar from the past. Well done ishant. Now get lost from this ODI team. We deserve better.

lol no need to feel sorry for him. He has got IPL contract. Terrible LOI bowler he is. :sami

Haha absolute massacre in Mohali today, pin drop silence in the ground.

All your billions put you still can't find one world class bowler in the second most populated country in the world :yk

I don't share your emotions, I probably would have if he was from a country where cricketers don't make a lot of money. The guy has played 50+ test matches and he is probably the worst cricketer in the history of the game to have played that many. He has definitely made more money at 25 than most of us do in a lifetime and will continue to earn his IPL $$. I don't hate him because I know there is nothing he can do to improve himself, he just doesn't have it in him. But this can't continue like this. If this is what it takes for him to be dropped from the side then I have to say that as an Indian fan I am really happy.

Last edited:
Epic thrashing! Even :sami couldnt have done worse

Man I feel sorry for Ishant. Poor guy.
If it were KP/Gayle or even Afridi you can expect that kinda phainta but it feels bad when a tailender hits you like that.

Its end of Ishant's career....

Ishant might have played his last ODI for the foreseeable future.

Its time to bring in someone like Mohit Sharma who at least uses his brain and bowls much better than this TTF Ishant.

Also time to drop Vinay Kumar too. Bring in some one else.

Don't know what BCCI thought when selecting Ishant and VK on these flat wickets. I had a huge :facepalm: when they selected the ODI squad.

Hopefully its the end of road for some of these bowlers. I know Faulkner is a good hitter after watching IPL. But this is epic. He kept serving short pitch deliveries when it was obvious that Faulkner is a good player of pull shot. What a brainless bowler.

Oh Bhai, one must always try to come down to the level of the audience or else the joke/words will sail over their head...now you know why I tried to simplify or dumb down my earlier post oh meray bholaay nathuu laal?

I have never seen so many threads for an Indian pacer on any cricket website, Ishant is some kind of superstar, well done sir!

Back