Ishant Sharma's phainty from James Faulkner

My Name is Ishant and i am not a bowler.......
Now leave him end of duscussion

It was special innings.

Ishant is not a bad Test Bowler at least for Indian standards. You need to have a tall fast bowler.

Indians :- We have Kohli, Dhoni, Rohit....!

Australians :- We have # ISHANT_SHARMA....!!

I watched with a tinge of sadness. Its not the most comfortable of viewing watching an already poor and much maligned bowler taken to the cleaners like that. He wont be bouncing back from this.

Seeing a sporting career burn infront of me like that and a youngish man humilated infront of the world made me momentarily forget about the cricket and imagine myself in his shoes and try to appreciate the pressure these lads are under every ball.

If it was a steyn or anderson it would have been delightful viewing.

If Broad can make a comeback after being hit for 6 sixes then why can't Ishant? You got to feel bad for the poor guy though, for Indian bowling standards, he's not that bad.

If Broad can make a comeback after being hit for 6 sixes then why can't Ishant? You got to feel bad for the poor guy though, for Indian bowling standards, he's not that bad.

broad actually has ability and has actually produced when it mattered.

Steve Waugh was a better bowler than Ishant Sharma

Oh Bhai, one must always try to come down to the level of the audience or else the joke/words will sail over their head...now you know why I tried to simplify or dumb down my earlier post oh meray bholaay nathuu laal?

He s a white kiwi

There are people out there defending Ishant because the pitch was a road? Mindless bowling; bowled three bouncers and each one was bombed out of the stadium. At least when Uncle Ross was demolishing Akhtar in the WC he was at least attempting yorkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious cartoon that my brother just sent me in an email:)))!

169223.jpg

Last edited:
It was special innings.

Ishant is not a bad Test Bowler at least for Indian standards. You need to have a tall fast bowler.

He is a bad bowler by every standard.Test avg of 38.He is poor.Normally ee have bowlers who are in late 20s or early 30s.

Dhoni defends Ishant's performance

Ishant Sharma's bowling woes in the series continued as he gave away in excess of 7 an over yet again, including a very expensive over which turned the completely changed the game in favour of Australia in the 3rd ODI in Mohali. Ishant, who was asked to bowl the 48th over with Australia needing 44 off 18, gave away 30 runs, all coming off James Faulkner's bat including 4 sixes and a four.

Faulkner, who finished with a blistering unbeaten 64 off just 29 balls, helped Australia win by 4 wickets with 3 deliveries to spare to go 2-1 up in the series.

Speaking at the post-match press conference, India captain MS Dhoni defended Ishant, and said: "You have to see what all options are available to you. Vinay Kumar had also bowled, he had also gone for some runs. I thought let's see (what happens) by having a change. If Ishant bowls, then I will have the option of bowling Vinay from the other end if he does not bowl well. However, it's always easy after seeing result to say what should have been or not been done."

Dhoni said in hindsight though he should have given the ball to Vinay Kumar. "May be if it (the 48th over) would have gone to Vinay, 10-12 runs would have been given, not more than that. But in cricket it does not go that way. You try to take the right decision, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not."

The team for the remaining four ODIs will be picked on Sunday and when asked if Ishant would be left out, Dhoni said he believed in giving struggling players a longer rope.

"I will talk to the selectors if it concerns selection. There are some batsmen who have not made runs, there are bowlers who have gone for runs. All of a sudden when you lose one or two matches you want the playing eleven bowlers to be removed. They are part of the side, because they are talented and let's back them. The bowlers who are waiting in wings, they can wait a bit more," Dhoni said.

"Once somebody goes out of the side, the tendency is that they are forgotten, they keep talking about new bowler. I always feel that people who are in the side should be given the rope, does not matter if he is a bowler or a batsman," he added.

Asked how he has been dealing with Ishant, who has been nothing short of dismal with the ball in this series, Dhoni said, "This generation of bowlers, we have to keep talking to them. They have some amount of experience but if you consider the rule changes, with fifth fielder inside, I think most of the bowlers are new, their experience does not really count."

"What we have seen is in a particular game, a few set of bowlers may have an off day, that's where we have to make sure not to give too many runs. Even when you bowl a bad over, try to restrict it to 15-18 runs because if you go higher than that it has a bigger impact on the game."

"I think in this series, you will see the balance shifting quite a few times. Better bowlers, when they are going through a bad over or a bad spell, they will try not to give those extra runs," Dhoni added.

He said there's no need to speak to Ishant immediately as he would need to analyse his own performance.

Dhoni said rather than having a word immediately with Ishant regarding his bowling, it would be better to give the bowler some time to analyse his performance before discussing about it.

"When you are disappointed, it is always better to give the individual a bit of time because he wants to think on his own. I think the ideal time is when the individual has gone back the to hotel and he has thought whatever is in his mind, then (is the right time) have a chat with him. He will be in a frame of mind when he will be accepting and he won't be frustrated. Nobody wants to really bowl a bad over when you are representing the country and bowling before 30,000 odd people. When the right time comes we will have a chat."

Asked if Ishant has a technical issue, some saying his wrist position is a problem, Dhoni said, "I don't know the technicality of the game. He has not had a very bad game, it was just one over or two overs. Nobody has spoken about eight overs, when he gave us the wicket. I think overall you have to see everything. If a bowler bowls a bad over when somebody is going through a tough period, that's the time when everybody backs him."

With four more games to go in the series, Dhoni said the side which bowls better will be the one which wins the series. "I think overall what we have seen is that the wickets are good for batting and the side which bowls slightly better - a few overs of good bowling - is the side that will win the most of the games."

Asked why the Indian bowlers, who bowled quite a few yorkers in the nets, have not been able to produce as many in match situations, Dhoni said: "Practice makes you perfect, when you are bowling in nets, there is no real pressure on you. That's why I say that if you are hitting 15 sixes in half an hour in the nets, you may hit 3-4 in the match situation. We are practicing hard, it's just a matter of time before we get better and better and start executing (our plans) in the game when there is real pressure."

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/59143/dhoni-defends-ishants-performance

Sometimes you gotta feel for Indian fans:))

Don't feel too sorry for us.

Yes, this was embarrassing but we can console ourselves with the fact that we are still the WC Holders and the Reigning ICC Trophy Champions.

All this despite our inability to produce world class bowlers.

Yes, this was embarrassing but we can console ourselves with the fact that we are still the WC Holders and the Reigning ICC Trophy Champions.

Keep repeating that and hopefully someday that will mean something, even for you, especially after a phainta like yesterday:akhtar

He gets into panic mode too easily and its amazing how he was bowling 145 plus and within few years when he gets physically stronger, he starts trundling. Story of Indian bowlers over the years and I Could not figure it out why . Maybe Indians play more cricket than anyone else in the world or our flat decks, or lack of good coaching..

Just made this one.....

BXCXC2yCAAEsDE9.jpg

This is hilarious:)))!

BXA_v4LCUAAZ2lM.jpg

He gets into panic mode too easily and its amazing how he was bowling 145 plus and within few years when he gets physically stronger, he starts trundling. Story of Indian bowlers over the years and I Could not figure it out why . Maybe Indians play more cricket than anyone else in the world or our flat decks, or lack of good coaching..

"145+" ? When ?

in Australia he crossed 150 kph

still got smoked though :msd

We all cross 150kph in AUS... any video ?
Would be shocking if true, always looked like a 138-140 bowler at his best to me, even if nowadays he's more around 135.

I was actually about to turn off my TV until I saw Ishant setting his mark. I predicted more the less would happen :))

Would be shocking if true, always looked like a 138-140 bowler at his best to me, even if nowadays he's more around 135.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nNbks-qOn-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Every 135-140 bowler crosses 150 once in while, speed machines are not perfect.

atleast we didn't lose to an unranked team in tests

4 more phaintays coming your way...keep telling the above to yourself and Ishant 'still in the squad' Sharma! Myabe it will lull you to sleep at night after feeling the pan of phaintays all day:)

In a way, the pathetic and thing about the torture of being an Indian fan is that even though Teenda is leaving...fans can only still stay happy about exploits of their batsmen in most games because after all results are quite certain which they are going, with the high class and taluunted phaast bowling they have at their disposal!

Some things never change:junaid

4 more phaintays coming your way...keep telling the above to yourself and Ishant 'still in the squad' Sharma! Myabe it will lull you to sleep at night after feeling the pan of phaintays all day:)

In a way, the pathetic and thing about the torture of being an Indian fan is that even though Teenda is leaving...fans can only still stay happy about exploits of their batsmen in most games because after all results are quite certain which they are going, with the high class and taluunted phaast bowling they have at their disposal!

lol more than Indians it seems you are obsessed with Sachin.keep mentioning him even in unrelated threads.I guess you wont have anyone to hate now :(

he retired in ODIs already.We won the CT after that beating Pak on the way :kohli

I like Dhoni's attitude. It's embarassing when you main bowler goes for 30 runs in an over, but then you can't get over emotional about it, and sack him just like that. Ishant's performance been crap but i m one of those, who still believe that he is not a bad bowler. The only way i can see Ishant improving his performance is by playing one full season of county cricket, and even if that means he's not available for India during that period, then so be it. The lad started international cricket too young without any FC experience, and its all showing up now. He has zilch domestic experience, played like just 10-15 first class matches in India. I am sure Indian cricketers like SRT, Dravid using their goodwill can get Ishant a season with a good county team.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what was the highest he conceded in one over before this 30?

Selectors might be thinking that it will not happen everyday. Till that over he had a decent figure 7-33-1. He may sit out in one or two games though.

Yupp just like Pakistan being on the receiving end come WC

IK,2 W's, Akhtar's, Gul's of this world have tried but none succeeded in winning a game against India.

What use of such talent when you cant deliver against your arch rivals aye when the worlds eyes are on you?

PS: Green Storm kiddan?

Now dont get your salwar in a twist...

At least Shahadat has the looks.

and a hatrick
and his name is written on the Lord's honours board courtesy of a 5 wicket hall
and a 5-fer against the best batting lineup in the world- Dravid-SRT-GG-Sehwag-Yuvi-Laxman back in 2010 :)))

but that was past, these days he is worse than :sami but only marginally better than ishant

Hilarious comedy on this:)):)))!

28mlkeb.jpg

b7dy6c.jpg

Last edited:
thank you Sir Ishant. You brought more happiness than overrated Jadeja could in his entire career

I don't get know why you guys have it in for the poor guy. I reckon he's good for international cricket for another 8-10 years.

:troll

Keep repeating that and hopefully someday that will mean something, even for you, especially after a phainta like yesterday:akhtar

Winning the 2 most important trophies in the 50 over game in the space of 2.5 years does not mean anything?

You have high standards.

Don't get all worked up,it was a light hearted comment:yk

Ishant might have played his last ODI for the foreseeable future.

Also time to drop Vinay Kumar too. Bring in some one else.

You'd wish that would happen already .... i dont know why it doesn't happen after so many poor performances. Dont count on it happening though, Dhoni is likely to protect his pets and Selectors are likely to back him when no matter whom he supports.

What are you a 5 year old?

You're a experienced poster, act like it and as I said don't take the bait.

I see your point,I dont normally respond to trolls but when someone is trying so hard,its hard to ignore :msd

Only in Australia, a world cup final MoM will be dropped.

He was far better than Stoinis. Even Johnson could bat better than this guy.

Back