It's a screaming cat boy, a screaming cat !

KashifJ

Debutant
Runs
And yes finally it arrived today; totally unexpected took me by surprise. I could hear my heart pounding while opening the box ...

… and Boy O Boy it’s something out of this world ... I have never seen any finest bat like this before. Such a master class that I actually feel bad to use it (I'll get over it don't worry) ... The moment I took it in my hands I could feel something special has been crafted; after seeing my bat I can guarantee you that Julian actually loves each bat he makes. He has put so much attention into the bat crafting that I am unable to find any un left points:

1. The pickup is absolutely superb; it feels like breeze in my hands and yet it has huge profile. Dead weight should be 2.8lbz (I’ll weigh it soon)
2. At least 11 straight grains
3. It has my initials engraved on the shoulder top
4. Professional – Custom Edition
5. It came with 3 extra grips; a magnificent high quality bag & professional grade gloves

I haven’t had the opportunity to ping with the mallet yet; but checked the ping with the ball … I think I’ll let you guess the sound & amount of ping :D

Here are some photos which I took impatiently ... I can assure you; these photos are not doing just at all to the actual bat

screaming-cat_11.jpg

screaming-cat_2.jpg

Looks sweet mashallah and pls don't get so excited or better don't make us so excited you will make me spent some hundred euros on a bat off season so Bhai halkay halkay :D I am controlling my self till march April don't make it so hard.

Wow, awesome bat. Shape looks a bit strange, never seen it before.

Did the gloves come free?

Looks sweet mashallah and pls don't get so excited or better don't make us so excited you will make me spent some hundred euros on a bat off season so Bhai halkay halkay :D I am controlling my self till march April don't make it so hard.

Jazakallah Khair

lol ... bhai I am super excited, donno how would I sleep today :) ... I have match on Friday but alas I won't be able to use SC; need to prepare it/knock it a bit

Wow, awesome bat. Shape looks a bit strange, never seen it before.

Did the gloves come free?

You mean its not curved/bowed? ... yes its Aussie styled

Yep, the gloves came with the bat free

Post some more pictures man; this is a gem. I am sure CD will fall off his chair :)

Impressive MashAllah! Certainly the best bat I have seen on PakPassion over the years, amazing amazing bat it is MashAllah! So happy for you bro.

I hope and pray it goes extremely well for you!

Did you check the ping? If so how is it? Also where is the sweetspot really located?

SO Mubarak bhai :D

Post some more pictures man; this is a gem. I am sure CD will fall off his chair :)

I already fell off my chair, brilliant bat it is kasam say.:)

As I said the best bat I have seen on PP over the years, much better than my best bat [easily]

Also which camera do you use? And how do you get black background ? :)

Today I am really excited seeing this Screaming Cat :))

Impressive MashAllah! Certainly the best bat I have seen on PakPassion over the years, amazing amazing bat it is MashAllah! So happy for you bro.

Did you check the ping? If so how is it? Also where is the sweetspot really located?

Jazakallah Khair Bhai ...

Thanks a lot bro, glad that you guys liked it too ... Yep checked the ping with the ball ... lol ... I have never heard anything like this before

I already fell off my chair, brilliant bat it is kasam say.:)

As I said the best bat I have seen on PP over the years, much better than my best bat [easily]

Bro ... Inshallah one day you'll have it too !

Jazakallah Khair Bhai ...

Thanks a lot bro, glad that you guys liked it too ... Yep checked the ping with the ball ... lol ... I have never heard anything like this before

Bro ... Inshallah one day you'll have it too !

:):)

I change my mind everyday between Series 1 and Series 3 lol :)).

Lekin MashAllah bohut acha bat hai dil khush kardiya hai bat dekhakay kasam say, loved it :)

:):)

I change my mind everyday between Series 1 and Series 3 lol :)).

Lekin MashAllah bohut acha bat hai dil khush kardiya hai bat dekhakay kasam say, loved it :)

I suggest you give a call to Julian; he'll guide you a lot ...

Yaar, same here, dil khush ho gaya hay :))

I am photographer too so I have necessary stuff to take photos .... but honestly I was so excite to post the thread that I didn't make huge effort to take nice photo :D ... btw, If you want full resolution photos of bat I can mail you ... there you can zoom the photos really really close to actual feel the bat ... the photos which I posted here are not of full quality as I had to reduce the size

I suggest you give a call to Julian; he'll guide you a lot ...

Yaar, same here, dil khush ho gaya hay :))

I am photographer too so I have necessary stuff to take photos .... but honestly I was so excite to post the thread that I didn't make huge effort to take nice photo :D ... btw, If you want full resolution photos of bat I can mail you ... there you can zoom the photos really really close to actual feel the bat ... the photos which I posted here are not of full quality as I had to reduce the size

InshAllah will definitely call Julian and I will be placing order for my SC in few weeks.

Ah okay thats why you pictures are so good :)

Actually thats awesome do you mind emailing them to me at: m_uzair36@hotmail.com

I really appreciate it :)

Keep us updated on performance of the bat once you use or have throwdowns with it. :)

InshAllah will definitely call Julian and I will be placing order for my SC in few weeks.

Ah okay thats why you pictures are so good :)

Actually thats awesome do you mind emailing them to me at: m_uzair36@hotmail.com

I really appreciate it :)

Keep us updated on performance of the bat once you use or have throwdowns with it. :)

Photos are on way; quite a big e-mail actually ... Sure I'll keep you guys posted on the same thread on SC. You too keep me posted once you place your order to Julian ... btw, just thinking Aussie cricket season is gonna start now; he might become more busy?

CD please try to post those high resolution pics in here as well...give us the chance to fall off our chairs one more time.

Photos are on way; quite a big e-mail actually ... Sure I'll keep you guys posted on the same thread on SC. You too keep me posted once you place your order to Julian ... btw, just thinking Aussie cricket season is gonna start now; he might become more busy?

InshAllah, I will definitely keep you and everyone else updated :)

Actually the season in Australia has already started and he probably already got busy. Usually Julian does not give free gloves during season time rather he gives free gloves and knocks $50 in off season time but he is a top bloke so you never know :)

JazaakAllah Khair for the pictures.

If its not a trouble for you can you post those high resolution pictures here as well?

CD please try to post those high resolution pics in here as well...give us the chance to fall off our chairs one more time.

Hahahah LOL :)))

Okay, I will try to upload them here :)

how can you tell its amazing from the pic?

yeah wish it would be possible to pick one up at a store, check it etc. its a bit of an expensive online gamble. this one seems to have more a of a mid middle.

You mean its not curved/bowed? ... yes its Aussie styled

Yep, the gloves came with the bat free

Ah cool. So are the pitches in Dubai similar to that in Aus. Also if you don't mind me asking what level do you play at and where about ie. parks, cricket grounds etc

The profile looks quite delectable; it has a long extended sweetspot. I presume KashifJ you custom ordered it. Where from did you get the idea of the profile?

yeah wish it would be possible to pick one up at a store, check it etc. its a bit of an expensive online gamble. this one seems to have more a of a mid middle.

I don't think you have pick up Screaming Cat bats at any stores, there are no retailers for them

Ah cool. So are the pitches in Dubai similar to that in Aus. Also if you don't mind me asking what level do you play at and where about ie. parks, cricket grounds etc

As you know ICC head quarter is in Dubai now; they have top of the line facilities here. Which includes coaching academy & two Oval grounds ... wickets over at ICC are Pakistani & Australian (for Ovals) for outdoor nets they have Pakistani, WACCA, GABBA, English & Cement wickets. The facilities are unmatched of course ... I normally play here + there is another top class ground called Sevens (or Rugby Sevens). Here is the link to ICC

http://www.iccglobalcricketacademy.com/

I play with couple of teams regularly; they have some very high class players … Some of them have played English county; Pakistan Under 19 (when they were under 19 obviously long time ago) etc. Currently We are playing a league called Piri Piri League … from November 01, 2011 there is another league starting at ICC called Arabian Cricket League (night matches) … all in all, I am madly playing cricket, nets almost 3-4 times a week … Plus I am also part of the Cricket Coaching program for seniors at ICC; Muddasar Nazar & Dayle Hadlee are running this 24 week program

First and foremost welcome to the Scat owners club mate.

As someone who has had three scats pass through my hands all i can say is prepare to be amazed. Julian has consistently made bats for the best players in the world.

The bat looks like it will be a real performer. I assume thats a series one. how much did u pay. . .sorry about asking.

and lastly. . . . . if you dont like it, for any reason i'll buy it off you.

First and foremost welcome to the Scat owners club mate.

As someone who has had three scats pass through my hands all i can say is prepare to be amazed. Julian has consistently made bats for the best players in the world.

The bat looks like it will be a real performer. I assume thats a series one. how much did u pay. . .sorry about asking.

and lastly. . . . . if you dont like it, for any reason i'll buy it off you.

Thanks mate ... which series you had/have?

I can already feel that this bat is gonna be something special for sure. I payed 675 AUD for the custom bat which includes shipping + free gloves + awsome bat bag + 3 extra grips

Lol ... I can't see why I wont love this bat mate :))

two series 3's and a series 1.

i reckon the series one is a better profile and pick up

can u confirm your profile as a series 1.

The profile looks quite delectable; it has a long extended sweetspot. I presume KashifJ you custom ordered it. Where from did you get the idea of the profile?

Yes its customized but shape is Julian's own I guess ... have a look at his site

How long did it take between placing the order and receipt??

any customs charges??

I placed the order around 15th i think, Julian posted it on 24th & I got it today on 30th Nov ... so pretty quick I must say. No I didn't pay any custom.

Where are you based btw?

Based in UK.

I need another scat. . . . .

put the bat up to the light, can you see the indentation he has made with his final check.

what did he say about knocking in and oiling. . .??

a word of advice thoroughly knock in toe as they usually go in the toe. . .

trust me i have had quite a few bats from different makers. . . . but scats are in a different league. i dont say that lightly. . .

Kashif Bhai, it didn't have any shoe goo? I thought Julian applied that to his bats...

Based in UK.

I need another scat. . . . .

put the bat up to the light, can you see the indentation he has made with his final check.

what did he say about knocking in and oiling. . .??

a word of advice thoroughly knock in toe as they usually go in the toe. . .

trust me i have had quite a few bats from different makers. . . . but scats are in a different league. i dont say that lightly. . .

Hmm, interesting I’ll try that under the light. When I spoke with him during ordering etc. he told me to knock it lightly … he has sent instruction along with the bat.

Mate I always take my time to knock my new bat; especially the toe … I learnt my lesson very well with my very first bat :D

Indeed they are different league altogether … I have heard a lot about Scats too, now it’s my turn to feel it :)

No, its not really a toe guard. It is shoe goo, 100 NO Bhai has it on his bats.

Oh ok ... In his video he mentions a special compound polish to keep moisture away, may be that's why?

Btw, you got the high res pics from me?

Bro I am not clear; can you please explain bit in detail

As 100NO Bhai said put the bat in light and you will see few indentation so just like that you have to indent the whole face matlab whole face needs to be evened at level of the indentations.

Hope it made sense now :S

That bat looks amazing, its official 'im getting a screaming cat '

top work

So its confirmed? Series 1 is it for you or Series 3?

Oh ok ... In his video he mentions a special compound polish to keep moisture away, may be that's why?

Btw, you got the high res pics from me?

Special compound for toe?

I got the cover and gloves picture but did not get bat pictures yet.

As 100NO Bhai said put the bat in light and you will see few indentation so just like that you have to indent the whole face matlab whole face needs to be evened at level of the indentations.

Hope it made sense now :S

Oh boy ... I'll have to google it a lot :D

YAar if you see 'Julian Millichamp' thread it has a video where he talks about oiling, knocking etc have a look at that and I'm sure you will understand everything.

Ok will do :)

Btw, I am just re-sending the same files in multiple emails now; probably all files in 1 mail is too hot to be handled :)

Kashifj what other bats have you had/got?
take a ball tap up on the scat ten times and then try the same on your current bat. is there a noticeable difference.

take a ball tap up on the scat ten times and then try the same on your current bat. is there a noticeable difference.

I just posted a photo + detail about my kit in other post; you can check my other 2 bats there.

That's a good idea, will do that :)

How do you rate the series 3 vs 1? I am really interested in the 3 - just can't justify the price or the fact that my nb is fantastic

Here are the high resolution ones for those who are interested....

Attachments

• K09_6189.jpg
    K09_6189.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 972
  • K09_6190.jpg
    K09_6190.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • K09_6191.jpg
    K09_6191.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,167
btw you said blackcat is a copy of malik sher - can you do a post with the two side by side to compare....thats interesting.

Haha LOL :))

Aik aur pressurizing force ;)

The issue is that you won't sleep well while it’s not ordered, coz you want to but holding yourself ... still won't sleep even when you have ordered it, coz of anxiety or impatient ... and still won't sleep when you even get it, coz you want to go wack the ball with it :D

In short there is no escape :))

The issue is that you won't sleep well while it’s not ordered, coz you want to but holding yourself ... still won't sleep even when you have ordered it, coz of anxiety or impatient ... and still won't sleep when you even get it, coz you want to go wack the ball with it :D

In short there is no escape :))

Kasam say you have covered everything, I'm left speechless really lol

What are Julian office timings? Will call him tomorrow or day after tomorrow InshAllah.

Ca_gold bhai posted:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=4270601#post4270601

Kasam say you have covered everything, I'm left speechless really lol

What are Julian office timings? Will call him tomorrow or day after tomorrow InshAllah.

:)) ... Yaar I have lived through the same so yes this is my experience. Right now I just want to knock the bat early as possible but I am not gonna rush; I'll take my time as usual to prepare it ... at the end its so worth it

Julian is great guy; he gets his calls on mobile, I once called and he was driving so I called back ... but normally I spoke with him about the same time as now (Dubai time 0830 hrs), it would be 1530 hrs his time ... You can call him now :D

Tell him you are my friend; he'll give you free gloves too :))

As you know ICC head quarter is in Dubai now; they have top of the line facilities here. Which includes coaching academy & two Oval grounds ... wickets over at ICC are Pakistani & Australian (for Ovals) for outdoor nets they have Pakistani, WACCA, GABBA, English & Cement wickets. The facilities are unmatched of course ... I normally play here + there is another top class ground called Sevens (or Rugby Sevens). Here is the link to ICC

http://www.iccglobalcricketacademy.com/

I play with couple of teams regularly; they have some very high class players … Some of them have played English county; Pakistan Under 19 (when they were under 19 obviously long time ago) etc. Currently We are playing a league called Piri Piri League … from November 01, 2011 there is another league starting at ICC called Arabian Cricket League (night matches) … all in all, I am madly playing cricket, nets almost 3-4 times a week … Plus I am also part of the Cricket Coaching program for seniors at ICC; Muddasar Nazar & Dayle Hadlee are running this 24 week program

Quick Single Bhai ... How about you, where do you play? which level etc.

Amazing bat my friend!! Enjoy! You have just made CD a little thinner in his wallet :p

Here are the instructions & intro which came with the Scat ... I have seen Julian's video on bat preparation/maintenance too, I have never seen someone putting so much oil on bat (what I know that it’s better to under oil the bat than over oil it) ... I have to call Julian any way so I'll check this point with him too ... What are your thoughts?

The way Julian has explained in his video & instructions; it would take almost a week just to complete the oiling process … before I can start knocking it

photo_b.jpg

photo_a.jpg

:)) ... Yaar I have lived through the same so yes this is my experience. Right now I just want to knock the bat early as possible but I am not gonna rush; I'll take my time as usual to prepare it ... at the end its so worth it

Julian is great guy; he gets his calls on mobile, I once called and he was driving so I called back ... but normally I spoke with him about the same time as now (Dubai time 0830 hrs), it would be 1530 hrs his time ... You can call him now :D

Tell him you are my friend; he'll give you free gloves too :))

InshAllah I will call him tonight and discuss about the bat.

Did you call the website number or you have special number? :))

Kashif bhai are you a photographer by profession, cos your pictures are top notch mate, really impressed.

Thanks Bro :)

Actually by profession I am a Telecom Engineer; Photography is one of my passions (people laugh that I have so many passions) ... I do bit of commercial work when I can :)

I called him on the same number which is mentioned on his website

Ah okay chalo InshAllah will give him a call in few hours.

Thanks Bro :)

Actually by profession I am a Telecom Engineer; Photography is one of my passions (people laugh that I have so many passions) ... I do bit of commercial work when I can :)

Ajeeb aadmi ho ;)

Photography, motorcycling, cricket etc soo many passion :)

Ah okay chalo InshAllah will give him a call in few hours.

Ajeeb aadmi ho ;)

Photography, motorcycling, cricket etc soo many passion :)

Exactly, I am very Ajeeb ... but kya karoon yaar meray software mein farig bethnay walee option nahi aaee :))

So which Series are you gonna order? :) ... which weight? Which handle type?

I am still bit skeptical on oiling the bat that much; will call Julian in the morning Inshallah to discuss ... btw, I understood the indentation point now :D

Back