"Junaid Khan is the most complete of the three left armers" : Ian Bishop

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
It was interesting to listen to Ian Bishop on commentary speaking about the Pakistani pace bowling trio of Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan and comparing their various strengths and weaknesses.

Bishop quite clearly feels that Junaid is the most complete of the trio in terms of being able to move the ball both ways, his pace and his control.

Junaid definitely has the highest bowling IQ out of all the current Pakistani pace options.

Well yaa may be in long term but for the time being and the moment i beleive irfan is way ahead of him

If its coming from someone like Bishop's stature, then you can't disagree with that. All 3 are good bowlers, and Irfan if could maintain his fitness till 2015 WC, then should be very effective there.

Well yaa may be in long term but for the time being and the moment i beleive irfan is way ahead of him

Junaid has more controlled variety in his bowling hand then Irfan who relies heavily on decent pace and ***'ing the batsmen with his bounce.

Bishop is definitely right!junaid has most of the weapons a fast bowler needs..more importantly he has a good brain..Hopefully he will attain more success by doing justice to his abilities..

Bishop is definitely right!junaid has most of the weapons a fast bowler needs..more importantly he has a good brain..Hopefully he will attain more success by doing justice to his abilities..
Welcome to PP, I suggest staying away from Sir MG.

Last edited:
It was interesting to listen to Ian Bishop on commentary speaking about the Pakistani pace bowling trio of Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan and comparing their various strengths and weaknesses.

Bishop quite clearly feels that Junaid is the most complete of the trio in terms of being able to move the ball both ways, his pace and his control.

I am not surprised at all & thought resting him for 1st two odi's was extremely peculiar.

Irfan is more Important bowler for Pakistan compare to How Important Junaid khan is

But Junaid khan will became one of the best Pacer ever for Pakistan in near future mark my word

Atleast we have 2 Good player for Future (Umar akmal and Junaid khan)

Irfan is our best LOI pacer and has been since the southafrican tour , if he remains fit and keeps working hard i am pretty sure he will soon be the best ODI fast bowler in the world , not much competition atm .

Irfan is our best LOI pacer and has been since the southafrican tour , if he remains fit and keeps working hard i am pretty sure he will soon be the best ODI fast bowler in the world , not much competition atm .

Junaid also in Top-10 Along with Ajmal and Irfan Thought

well yeah, does not take a personality like bishop to tell you that, Junaid has more control over his bowling than the other two, Irfan is good but Wahab is useless. Junaid will be a great bowler and people will chant his name long after the day he decides to retire

well yeah, does not take a personality like bishop to tell you that, Junaid has more control over his bowling than the other two, Irfan is good but Wahab is useless. Junaid will be a great bowler and people will chant his name long after the day he decides to retire

you Thinks Junaid is future Fast bowling Legend

Jundaid is perhaps one of the most complete bowlers playing cricket today. He is outrageously gifted and could walk into any side.

Irfan is more Important bowler for Pakistan compare to How Important Junaid khan is

But Junaid khan will became one of the best Pacer ever for Pakistan in near future mark my word

Atleast we have 2 Good player for Future (Umar akmal and Junaid khan)

Umar Akmal fan now are we?

Remember you calling him 'unless' which isn't even a word!

still Junaid Khan isn't fit to tie the shoelaces of Waqar Bhuv Kumar. :)

B.kumar will go down with Time Like Other Indian fast bowler has gone down with Time

Junaid khan has 3 five wicket haul in test (B,Kumar only can dream of that)

Irfan is better than junaid.ask most batsmen who would they rather face and i can bet 90% will say irfan!

Irfan is better than junaid.ask most batsmen who would they rather face and i can bet 90% will say irfan!

Irfan better than Junaid i know

But Irfan only 2/3 year cricket left in him

Junaid is only 23 (can play 10 More year Junaid Khan is future)

Junaid is the more skilled bowler, I think that's what Ian Bishop meant when he used the word 'complete'.

talking about long term prospect here.
Junaid already is a very good bowler and much better than Irfan in tests anyday.
Irfan takes the cake in LOs though it won't last long because he only has 2-3 years of cricket left in him maximum.
Junaid on the other hand has time to improve.

B.kumar will go down with Time Like Other Indian fast bowler has gone down with Time

Junaid khan has 3 five wicket haul in test (B,Kumar only can dream of that)

I can't disagree. But Zaheer went down with time spearheading our attack singlehandedly on dead Indian tracks.. result.. World No.1 in test for 2 years and current World Champions.

Zaheer again, and RP Singh went down with time, but they won us a Test Series in England.

Ajit Agarkar, another useless trundler went down giving us a drawn Series in Australia.

The last trundler and the latest cheat, SriSanth..even he gave us test wins in South Africa.

How many Pakistani bowlers have done all that ??? :yk

Umar akmal was not talking Responsibility year ago
now he is Talking Little Responsibility

So everything has changed over 2 innings?

You do know that Umar is averaging 48 in his last 7 innings SR of 87

Btw.. Irfan right now is the bowler who will have lesser bad days because he is consistantly hard to play. Junaid on the other hand can have off days.

Yes but i feel Junaid is still weak in the death bowling department because of the two new balls rule.. we have seen him swinging old red ball.. where as Irfan's pace and bounce really hurrying the batsman to play the ball which gives more edge to him

I can't disagree. But Zaheer went down with time spearheading our attack singlehandedly on dead Indian tracks.. result.. World No.1 in test for 2 years and current World Champions.

Zaheer again, and RP Singh went down with time, but they won us a Test Series in England.

Ajit Agarkar, another useless trundler went down giving us a drawn Series in Australia.

The last trundler and the latest cheat, SriSanth..even he gave us test wins in South Africa.

Mohammad Asif 6/40 in SCG 2009/10

Australia Bowled out 88 in Leeds (Amir.Asif bowling)

Amir/Asif bowling in England tour in 2010

Umar gul 2007/2009 T-20 World cup Highest wicket taker

Junaid khan taken 3 Five wicket haul.s on died asian pitches

Amir taken 100 International wickets in year (24 in T-20 25 in odi 51 in Test.,s)

I am not talking about longevity,if that is the case then junaid is the better prospect.
But purely in terms of who is the more dangerous bowler,it has got to be irfan

now tht's crazy when you compare indian pacers with pakistani superstar pacers ... :yk:danish

So everything has changed over 2 innings?

You do know that Umar is averaging 48 in his last 7 innings SR of 87

5 Fielders in Ring

That helping Umar akmal to play his Short.s

Otherwise Umar akmal was use to hit start in Fielders hand

anyway still better than Asad shafiq

All these bowlers are greater than Malcolm Marshall.
Our lot can't even hold a candle to them after all.

in all seriousness, how many Indian bowlers average 25 or under in test cricket :yk

in all seriousness, how many Indian bowlers average 25 or under in test cricket :yk

no Indian bowler till now have UN-25 Bowling Ave in test cricket

Pakistan have Fazal.Wasim.Imran.Waqar.Asif

now tht's crazy when you compare indian pacers with pakistani superstar pacers ... :yk:danish

I am comparing because although Indian pacers come and go.. yes they don't average sub 25 like Pakistani superstar pacers, but they give India so many reasons to be proud of.

Cricket is a team game, and our trundlers have played their part in team achievements more than any Pakistani pacer hast done in last 15 years. Ab plzz don't be gussa over this truth... :yk

Now because I don't want to derail the thread.. I will hop back to the topic yet again. I think Junaid is a more complete bowler, but on most days, Irfan will outperform him.

you forgot Shoaib Akhtar... averages 25

Akthar have 25.50 Ave :(
but S/R is 45 which is Just Brillent :)

Plus Akthar has 12 five wicket haul in test cricket played 45 test

Zaheer has 10 five wicket haul in test cricket played 88 test.s

Now compare Zaheer with Akthar hahaha

Junaid was very impressive yesterday. I thought he hadn't really lived up to the hype to now, but he looked a complete bowler yesterday, and he's got a lot of variety to go with the pace. Put Gul back in there instead of Wahab and you have a very balanced pace attack.

Junaid was very impressive yesterday. I thought he hadn't really lived up to the hype to now, but he looked a complete bowler yesterday, and he's got a lot of variety to go with the pace. Put Gul back in there instead of Wahab and you have a very balanced pace attack.

Umar gul :)

Starc , Mitchell McClenaghan , Junaid , Irfan

they are the best lefties of current era

Gul doesn't deserve to walk back into the side. I admire him as a person but his performances aren't far off riaz's since the advent of the 2 new ball rule. I'd rather try someone like Anwar Ali. He can be classified as bowling allrounder. Plus he is proficient with the new ball and Wasim said has improved dramatically since the camp

Irfan is the smartest of the 3. You can see him working over a batsman.

Juniad can swing the ball both ways ONLY if conditions are VERY VERY swing friendly, like they were in the indian series. Otherwise, he doesnt really swing the ball much.

Junaid is a good bowler, but he doesnt swing the ball as much as a top quality bowler should. Most of the movement he gets is off the pitch.

I must admit though that I didnt see Junaid bowling in the last match

Last edited:

The attack is much better now that Gul is injured. Gul and wahab are the ones that should not be in the team. Bring in someone young. Gul is a useless bowler. Play him in T20s only

what is the point in having a better average when you cant win anything of note for the team.

Junaid Khan doesn't really strike me much as a wicket taker, and seems to have off days, while Irfan constantly takes wickets, Riaz shouldn't even be compared to these two.

As for Umar Gul, I think he is a fine bowler, but has been hampered by becoming the spearhead of the attack after Amir and Asif, and then also of the 2 new ball rule which I'm not a fan of. Even then, I would still take him over Riaz anyday.

No doubt about that, but IMHO he is too inconsistent at times. He need more guidance before he can set himself as a World Class bowler.

But I'll back him to do so and improve much in the future.

Junaid is well ahead in tests while Irfan is up there with him in ODIs.

junaid has problems but he seems to improve very quickly and he does a good job. takes wickets also. plus he is leading a pace attack that is very young and he himself is very young too. yet they are doing good. I have high hopes of junaid and if not now in future he will definitely become a very complete bowler.

Ian bishop said it so he must have seen something in him. all analysts rate him very high.

Junaid is complete in sense he moves it both ways at 140+ while irfan doesnt have that skill though he has excellent bouunce and more pace...Junaid is definitely more skilled and with passage of time will be more and more dangerous....

Ian Bishop tell this to Misbah please.

junaid and irfan have hardly ever failed to give pakistan early wickets in ODIs , both are very exciting to watch , the first 10 overs of our bowling innings are probably the most exciting phase of our odi cricket , thanx to these two .

Last edited:
Junaid & Irfan have the potential to be world class. Though i cant say the same about Wahab, i just don't see the same fire and accuracy in him to become world class. He is too erratic.

Junaid, Irfan

and then wayyy in the distance Wahab. He shouldn't be put in the same category as the other two. There is a world of difference.

Asif and Akhtar won us a test match in SA in 2007. Akhtar also played a big role in our 1-1 series tie in SA back in '97. Asif, Amir, Gul, Ajmal won 2 tests in England in 2010. If not for poor batting as usual would have done a lot better.

Here are recent series averages of a "Complete Bowler"

Junaid Khan -

South Africa Series, Avg 30
In Ireland Avg 28
Champions Trophy Avg 102 !! :yk
In West Indies Avg 24

The 7 foot guy has been far more consistent and better in ODIs.

"Junaid Khan is the Most Complete of the 3 Left Armers" : Ian Bishop

Make that.. "Junaid has potential to be a complete bowler".
The only complete bowler in the World today is Dale Steyn.

If Steyn would have been a complete bowler, he would have been brilliant in ODIs as well. He is a limited, one dimensional bowler and his skills work very well for him in tests.

You can say that he's the most complete test bowler.

If Steyn would have been a complete bowler, he would have been brilliant in ODIs as well. He is a limited, one dimensional bowler and his skills work very well for him in tests.

You can say that he's the most complete test bowler.

Yeah .. just checked. Wasn't aware that he has been average in ODIs.

Here are recent series averages of a "Complete Bowler"

Junaid Khan -

South Africa Series, Avg 30
In Ireland Avg 28
Champions Trophy Avg 102 !! :yk
In West Indies Avg 24

The 7 foot guy has been far more consistent and better in ODIs.

in Champion Trophy Junaid was Unlucky at time

Ave in SA 27 No Lie :)

Junaid khan is class Bowler even IAN Bishop know that

and how many tests he played?
seems like Electron knows more than Ian Bishop :yk

Actually the point was that ENTIRE tour. I have nothing against Junaid. Infact, I mentioned above that he is potentially the best you have.
All I am trying to achieve here is to show that the 7 foot guy (whose name I keep forgetting :yk ) looks like a more dependable bowler to me overall. So, I'll have him ahead of Junaid 7/10 times.

and how many tests he played?
seems like Electron knows more than Ian Bishop :yk

Actually the point was that ENTIRE tour. I have nothing against Junaid. Infact, I mentioned above that he is potentially the best you have.
All I am trying to achieve here is to show that the 7 foot guy (whose name I keep forgetting :yk ) looks like a more dependable bowler to me overall. So, I'll have him ahead of Junaid 7/10 times.

Junaid is Class bowler

when Steyn Started his Test Bowling Ave was 30
Odi Bowling Ave 35

Junaid Started test Bowling Ave 27
Odi Bowling Ave 24

7 foot guy is Irfan
Junaid is much better in tests and a much better prospect in the longer scheme of things.

No one is denying that.

Junaid is not as TALENTED as Amir was

Junaid is more kind of Hard worker

also Keep eye on Pakistan un-19 Lefty Pacers

Mohd Aftab
Awais Munir
Zia ul haq
Usman Khan
Ali Raza

really appreciate your thoughts buddy :lee

But the problem for irfan is that he cant bowl in test matches , lets forget about his fitness but with this height he cant bowl wicket to wicket which is more important in test while junaid khan is perfect in that just early in his career he avgs 28 in test i hope his avg will be below 25 very soon Inshallah :)

Back