"Junaid Khan is the most complete of the three left armers" : Ian Bishop

really appreciate your thoughts buddy :lee

But the problem for irfan is that he cant bowl in test matches , lets forget about his fitness but with this height he cant bowl wicket to wicket which is more important in test while junaid khan is perfect in that just early in his career he avgs 28 in test i hope his avg will be below 25 very soon Inshallah :)

Junaid 29 wicket.s Ave 28 in test
Junaid 44 odi wicket,.s Ave 24.97

Re: "Junaid Khan is the Most Complete of the 3 Left Armers" : Ian Bishop

I like Junaid. Talented, smart, capable of bowling anywhere in the game and a quick learner. Hardworking and above all not a cheat. Just screams like a girl but we will let that slide. :junaid

His screams are irritating to say the least, appeals/screams for anything that hits the pad.

Junaid have inswing , out-swing , reverse swing , short pitch , yorker , pace

He is a complete bowler as the time will pass he will become more lethal and dangerous bowler

He certainly is the most complete bowler of the lot.I would say he is the most promising and the complete Emerging/Young bowler in the world.Here a few reasons why:

.Is good in all forms of the game.Has a thinking head.I don't know about you guys but every time he runs in and bowls you get the feeling something is gonna happen.

.Has the ability to get the batsman out my outsmarting/outthinking them.For example look at the India series.Bowled Kohli the inswinger while getting him to think that he was going to bowl the outswinger.In the against WI bowled Sameuls the bouncer and got him completely unaware.Shortly has a good head on his shoulders.

.Can bowl anywhere in the inning and on any kind of surface.If the surface is not doing much he can bowl good tight lines and keep it wicket to wicket from both sides of the wicket.I think his ability to go around the wicket is really underrated.There aren't a lot of bowlers who can go around the wicket at will and still maintain the consistency in length and line.He seems to do it with ease.I think he bowled his entire spell from around the wicket in his last game.

.Is good with the new bowl and can reverse it with the old one.Has all the weapons in the armory, the inswinger,the outswinger, the yorker,bouncer, slower one,you name it.

.Is really good at the death.But I believe he can still become better.This is one area where in my opinion he has to improve.He bowls good 4-5 balls and then one ordinary one.I think he tries to do too much and hence ends up bowling 1-2 bad ones(In his entire spell mind you,the other gift is only with the great Wahab Raiz). In the last game Vs WI for example he bowled that short one to Sammy and got hit for a six.It was one time too many.

.If he isn't getting wickets he can hold his end tight.Has a very good economy of under 4.5.

.Has good pace.Can crank it up in the mid 140's if he likes.

.Has a good record in both ODI's and tests and he has some truly great spells in the later where it's not even a competition as to who is better.An average of under 25 in odi's at an economy of under 4.5 is excellent.In test he averages 29 which will get better in future.

.As a captain/coach/fan I would definitely want Junaid Khan in my team as he bring a long range of options or abilities others don't.Irfan is great but he can't give me what Junaid can.If we are playing on a dead pancake as is the case in Dubai or generally in ODI's Junaid can utilize the new bowl,can give me a bowling option at the death.Has the ability to reverse.Can come around the wicket to try a new angle.Has that surprise yorker.Can bowl any where in the innings and if all fails can give 10 overs at a good economy rate.

.So yeah Junaid Khan is my first in the Pakistani team ahead of everyone else.

Last edited:
for me only thing junaid has left to do is master reverse swing then he will be complete

proving again so far that he is miles ahead of the fast bowlers in Pak

yess .it rpoves that ian was dead sure and right...hunaid is still there but the other two has faded ..

I'm happy to see junaid back and improving with every outing. Just goes to show that bowling marathon spells in UAE and srilanka will grind any fast bowler down. Now that his fitness is improving we are seeing a mature and experienced bowler with most of the necessary qualities a fast bowler needs. Control, seam both ways, good change of pace, new ball bowling and controlled death bowling in odi's

However I just don't think he's an out and out wicket taker. He's at best a third seamer missing that essential wicket taking skill. Could be his speed, his lack of swing ...I don't know.

Back