Karachi/Hyderabad v Afghanistan A | Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad|6th February, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decline of Afridi is getting steeper. He's finished internationally, almost finished domestically.

Serves him right, 'too good' for FC so he needed to be pushed by heroics against an Afghanistan A team that he criminally underrated, given his poor form on-field and his 'respectful' behaviour towards the winning team off the field.

Afghanistan vs Bangladesh would be a great game.

I think it will be very evenly matched.

So Combined Karachi-Hyderabad team loses to Afghanistan.

Vivid example of how Karachi cricket has gone to the dogs.

Scoredcard from PCB[

Afghanistan “A” vs. Karachi, Hyderabad Region

February 6, 2013

***Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad

Karachi, Hyderabad Region: 112 in 37.5 overs (Khurram Manzoor 0, Aqeel Anjum 18, Mohtashim Ali 21, Shahid Afridi 16, Rizwan Ahmed 8, Akbar-ur-Rehman 0, Zafar Ali 15, Mir Ali Talpur 0, Muhammad Sami 21, Atif Maqbool 3, Tabish Khan 0, Hamza Hotak 5-15, Dollat Zadran 2-24)

Afghanistan “A”:116-1 in 18.4 overs (Muhammad Shahzad 58, 8x4s, 2x6s, 35 balls, Karim Sadiq 36*, 5x4s, 62 balls, Muhammad Javed 15*, 2x4s, 15 balls, Muhammad Sami 0-17, Shahid Afridi 0-29, Tabish Khan 0-27, Atif Maqbool 1-13, Akbar-ur-Rehman 0-27)

Result: Afghanistan “A” won by 9 wickets
Man of the Match: Hamza Hotak (Afghanistan “A”)
Toss: Karachi, Hyderabad Region XI
Umpires: Khalid Mahmood & Akbar Khan
Referee: Anwar Khan
Scorer: Arif Majeed Arif

This is terrible stuff from the Khi-Kyd team. Embarrassing!

Is KCCA the most parchee based cricket association in Pakistan? Once again persisting with flopsters like Sami and Afridi. I am sure if Faisal wasnt in SA he would have been in the XI, and why wasnt Fawad selected for this match?

Anyway, how good were the new guys? Manzoor is an average bat but I had heard good things about Tabish.

Really sad that the guys couldn't even trouble the Afghan side.

EDIT: I see Shazaib Hassan didnt play as well. Anyone knows why?

Last edited:
Rashid Latif ‏@LatifRashidl
@faisal194 Muhammad sami still best Fast bowler in Pakistan , Imran Khan from Deer and NBP, Asad Ali , Aizaz but they can bowled

So country's best fast bowler couldnt get even a single wicket against Afghanistan. :facepalm:

Muhammad Shehzadddd ! Isko Pakistan ka passport de do bhai !!

And good to see afridi getting owned !!

Says alot about Karachi cricket , hope this shuts up all the fanboys who scream bias against Karachiites. Simply not goog enough.

I would help if you see the squad before making such comments. The squad selected for today's match was terrible and dosent really represent Karachi Cricket.

First off half of the squad is of Hyderabadi cricketers and notable Karachi cricketers like Asad Shafiq, Sarfaraz, Ramiz Raja,Ghani, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan, Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan khan all were missing. I am willing to bet anything that if even 2 of those guys played this match would have been a crushing defeat for Afghanistan.So please do a bit of research before running your mouth.

Let's face it, both Lahore and Karachi have been trashed, bashed and humiliated and they represent our best cricketing cities. We don't have express bowlers. Farhat hits triple-tons. Afridi plays.

Pakistan's cricket is in dumps.

I would help if you see the squad before making such comments. The squad selected for today's match was terrible and dosent really represent Karachi Cricket.

First off half of the squad is of Hyderabadi cricketers and notable Karachi cricketers like Asad Shafiq, Sarfaraz, Ramiz Raja,Ghani, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan, Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan khan all were missing. I am willing to bet anything that if even 2 of those guys played this match would have been a crushing defeat for Afghanistan.So please do a bit of research before running your mouth.

plus the afridi captaincy factor :)) also he might be brotherly towards his afghan fellows

Let's face it, both Lahore and Karachi have been trashed, bashed and humiliated and they represent our best cricketing cities. We don't have express bowlers. Farhat hits triple-tons. Afridi plays.

Pakistan's cricket is in dumps.

Both Lahore and Karachi weren't playing full strength squads. No offence to Afghanistan but i don't think they wouldn't have been even able to compete with a full strength Lahore or Karachi side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back