Karnataka BJP minister says his party will give tickets to anyone but Muslims

hafeezrocks

Local Club Star
Runs
eshwarappa-Kuruba-seer-oct2020_1200x.jpg

Making yet another controversial statement, Karnataka Minister for Rural Development and Panchayat Raj and former Deputy CM KS Eshwarappa on Saturday said that his party, the BJP, will field a candidate from any community but from the Muslim community. Eshwarappa was speaking with reporters in context of the Belagavi Lok Sabha byepolls which are due to be held with the recent demise of former Minister of State Railways Suresh Angadi, the multi-time winner of the seat.

“Whoever we might give it(ticket) to-- may be Kurubas, Lingayats, Vokkaligas or Bramins--but definitely not muslims. Today Belgaum is a center for Hindutva, there is no question of giving it to Muslims, we will give it to people of Hindutva. I don't know if we will give it to 'Rayanna Sri Kshetra' or 'Chanamma Sri Kshetra' or 'Shankaracharya Sri Kshetra' we will sit and discuss,” he told reporters on the question of the possible byepoll candidate.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...party-will-give-tickets-anyone-muslims-138647

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...abha-bypoll/story-W5SaDAyS9Ub3spQn3sRuFL.html

The situation of Indian Muslims is hopeless.

Karnataka is the only state to let in these BJP kangaroos down south.

Karnataka my favorite State from South,never fails to disappoint 😁😎

'Secular' India indeed. Pathetic really, but goes to show how lucky those of us in the West are were religion is generally a non-issue (unless you come from a conservative religious background yourself).

This method is employed all over the world with certain variations.

For example, if an election is hold in triable area, then the party won't consider a non tribal person appearing as it candidates.

In similar manner, countries such as Pakistan bars non muslims from being head of the country. None but a muslim can become head of the country by constitution.

It's just that roles are reversed here in selection of candidates.

For example, if an election is hold in triable area, then the party won't consider a non tribal person appearing as it candidates.

In similar manner, countries such as Pakistan bars non muslims from being head of the country. None but a muslim can become head of the country by constitution.

Let's not act like it's justified, though. I understand that Pakistan and India likely aren't ready for a complete secular country, but we shouldn't just hand-wave away the problematic aspects of those society and say 'it's the norm'. There should be some pushback.

Let's not act like it's justified, though. I understand that Pakistan and India likely aren't ready for a complete secular country, but we shouldn't just hand-wave away the problematic aspects of those society and say 'it's the norm'. There should be some pushback.

That's how the system (not limited to only India or Asian countries) works whether you officially announce it or not or people like it or not. It's a norm already unofficially.

That's how the system (not limited to only India or Asian countries) works whether you officially announce it or not or people like it or not. It's a norm already unofficially.

I agree. However, my point was that we shouldn't be so accepting of it, I suppose. To move towards a more egalitarian society, norms like these (implicit or otherwise) must not be just accepted simply due to tradition.

I agree. However, my point was that we shouldn't be so accepting of it, I suppose. To move towards a more egalitarian society, norms like these (implicit or otherwise) must not be just accepted simply due to tradition.

Egalitarian society is a utopian dream. The system works because of imperfections in the human society which you can not rectify it as it is deeply rooted in human psychology. If it wasn't relevant to the society including those who also complaints, it would have been thrown out long ago.

Here many people are criticizing but take a look how the same people will defend the constitution of pakistan when it comes to discriminatory actions against non muslims.

Humans are hypocrite by nature and the insecurity that drives it is also one of the cause why egalitarian society itself is unrealistic and the system that you proposed will never be a balanced one.

BJP is core hindutva, so Muslims don't vote for BJP, so BJP will not have muslim representatives. Just that as a political party, it should be politically correct, even if this is the hard truth. Even when BJP has fielded muslim candidates, they haven't done well. Waste of an electoral seat for them.

Karnataka my favorite State from South,never fails to disappoint ����

At least Indian posters are honest and are celebrating this move rather then offering fake condemnations.

Last edited:
Egalitarian society is a utopian dream. The system works because of imperfections in the human society which you can not rectify it as it is deeply rooted in human psychology. If it wasn't relevant to the society including those who also complaints, it would have been thrown out long ago.

Here many people are criticizing but take a look how the same people will defend the constitution of pakistan when it comes to discriminatory actions against non muslims.

Humans are hypocrite by nature and the insecurity that drives it is also one of the cause why egalitarian society itself is unrealistic and the system that you proposed will never be a balanced one.

I did say more egalitarian. Besides, you just used the Nirvana fallacy (not trying to be rude, just letting you know).

And just so you know, I am just as critical, perhaps more so, of Pakistan (as I am (British) Pakistani, and I know how bad the faults are). I am also very critical of Islam.

Sure, they are hypocritical, and tribal, but we can't appeal to our evolution, which is another fallacy. To take the West for example, in general the population has moved past slavery and domestic violence as being social norms, which are both deeply rooted in our evolution. I also never proposed a system, I just suggested that moving towards egalitarianism is better.

So far yes. Other southern states will follow. Just a matter of time.

They won’t, it will be visible in next 10 years, keep doing all the work you can.

Every Tamizhan I talk to except Brahmins hate BJP with a passion, less spoken about Kerala the better.

I thought Telengana could have had RSS influence but unlikely, Andhra-Telengana already have religious governments, what conflict will BJP create to get votes?

They won’t, it will be visible in next 10 years, keep doing all the work you can.

Every Tamizhan I talk to except Brahmins hate BJP with a passion, less spoken about Kerala the better.

I thought Telengana could have had RSS influence but unlikely, Andhra-Telengana already have religious governments, what conflict will BJP create to get votes?

Some of our forefathers also didn't think that punjab will be partitioned if you asked them in 1939. Less than 10 years reality hit them hard.

Some of our forefathers also didn't think that punjab will be partitioned if you asked them in 1939. Less than 10 years reality hit them hard.

Lmao.. you always get too personal. Irrespective if we are both here in 5 years will bring this up.

Lets see if Gujarathi Politicians can do again what they did in 1947 with the help of Punjabi Muslims.

I'm sorry what? How are TRS and YSRCP "religious"? TRS are allied with AIMIM for god's sake. :))

I'm sorry what? How are TRS and YSRCP "religious"? TRS are allied with AIMIM for god's sake. :))

KCR wears teeka more than most BJP leaders a bigger one that too, his temple pics are well advertised, probably knows Hindutva is around the corner to pound at him.

Telugu politicians are very religious compared to most I have seen, atleast PR wise.

Also lol@AIMIM , Hindu Mahasabha was in coalition with Muslim League before independence ,ruling i think around 3 provinces, didnt make them less of a right wing religious parties.

Last edited:
KCR wears teeka more than most BJP leaders a bigger one that too, his temple pics are well advertised, probably knows Hindutva is around the corner to pound at him.

Telugu politicians are very religious compared to most I have seen, atleast PR wise.

Also lol@AIMIM , Hindu Mahasabha was in coalition with Muslim League before independence ,ruling i think around 3 provinces, didnt make them less of a right wing religious parties.

This is what most regional parties did mistake in other states. They thought BJP as a "hindutva" and took it as a religious party. It wasn't. BJP changes agendas very differently on state level. You've to look at their agendas rather than the portrayal in the media.

This is what most regional parties did mistake in other states. They thought BJP as a "hindutva" and took it as a religious party. It wasn't. BJP changes agendas very differently on state level. You've to look at their agendas rather than the portrayal in the media.

What is their agenda in Hyderabad ,Karnataka right now?

Lol , what has been their agenda in Kerala or TN for years?

Please tell me where they have not brought religion, at best maybe not Maha(can’t say for sure there too).

Lmao.. you always get too personal. Irrespective if we are both here in 5 years will bring this up.

Lets see if Gujarathi Politicians can do again what they did in 1947 with the help of Punjabi Muslims.

Was not a dig at you and not intended as a personal remark. Just an example you could easily grasp.

Time will reveal what I cannot reveal now.

Bjp muslim candidate is unlikely to win. Heck someone like Shahnawaz Hussain lost. So as per election strategy, he isnt wrong.

Bjp muslim candidate is unlikely to win. Heck someone like Shahnawaz Hussain lost. So as per election strategy, he isnt wrong.

lol. Not surprised you support this.

Secular India was never, Hindutva India is here and alive.

Wouldnt it be easir to just kick out or imprison all Muslims in India?

Lol Yeah it seems like the masks are coming off. Before we had some of these posters pretending they only had issues with Pakistan but now it’s clear they hate Muslims including their own countrymen.

Lol Yeah it seems like the masks are coming off. Before we had some of these posters pretending they only had issues with Pakistan but now it’s clear they hate Muslims including their own countrymen.

Its not just those who support RSS/BJP, even the so called secular athiest Indians support discrimination against Muslims.

They would ban Muslims from voting if they could.

Its not just those who support RSS/BJP, even the so called secular athiest Indians support discrimination against Muslims.

They would ban Muslims from voting if they could.
Unfortunately that may not be far off. The NRC thing they did seems like the first step towards that.

AIMIM or IUML dont give tickets to hindus.

I guess you have no idea what secularism means. Look it up.

There are political parties who only give tickets to muslims. Like AIMIM or IUML.

Candidates are selected on basis of win ability. If a muslim candidate from bjp will not win, why will they give him the ticketm

AIMIM or IUML dont give tickets to hindus.

I guess you have no idea what secularism means. Look it up.

Indians dont otherwise they wouldnt be foolish enough to claim they are secular. Thanks for adding more evidence for this.

Stopping someone from running because of their religious beliefs is only Indian secularims, in any other civilised part of the world this would be laughed at.

How long before India is fully RSS Hindutva?

Indians dont otherwise they wouldnt be foolish enough to claim they are secular. Thanks for adding more evidence for this.

Stopping someone from running because of their religious beliefs is only Indian secularims, in any other civilised part of the world this would be laughed at.

How long before India is fully RSS Hindutva?

Stopping someone? BJP is not stopping anyone. Anyone can stand in the election they dont need BJP's permission. They can only decide who runs for the bjp.

What are you on about.

Stopping someone? BJP is not stopping anyone. Anyone can stand in the election they dont need BJP's permission. They can only decide who runs for the bjp.

What are you on about.

Ill make it easier. You responded to this thread by supporting such a view from the BJP idiot. You know RSS Hindus hate Muslims but instead come up with lame defence something out of the IDF.

I hope all ministers are all RSS nutters, India will flourish. :)

Apologists like you are the biggest reason for a slow progress of human race . If the whole world thought like you , Slavery would still be around in in full from .

There are political parties who only give tickets to muslims. Like AIMIM or IUML.

Candidates are selected on basis of win ability. If a muslim candidate from bjp will not win, why will they give him the ticketm
Why would a Muslim running from BJP not win? Do BJP supporters hate Muslims so much that they won’t vote for a Muslim even if they are a part of their party?

Ill make it easier. You responded to this thread by supporting such a view from the BJP idiot. You know RSS Hindus hate Muslims but instead come up with lame defence something out of the IDF.

I hope all ministers are all RSS nutters, India will flourish. :)

Now that your argument has no leg to stand you are talking gibberish.

Why would a Muslim running from BJP not win? Do BJP supporters hate Muslims so much that they won’t vote for a Muslim even if they are a part of their party?

Because they haven't won. Other parties have better win ability candidates. Its stupidity to think muslim candidate from bjp will win if pitted against a muslim candidate from congress.

Because they haven't won. Other parties have better win ability candidates. Its stupidity to think muslim candidate from bjp will win if pitted against a muslim candidate from congress.
Why is that though? Do Muslims candidates scare off BJP voters? All I got from your post is that Congress voters would vote for a Muslim candidate but BJP voters would be hesitant. Do BJP supporters just not vote if their candidate is Muslim?

The fact that Muslim BJP candidates don’t win tells you a lot about the kind of people that support them.

Why is that though? Do Muslims candidates scare off BJP voters? All I got from your post is that Congress voters would vote for a Muslim candidate but BJP voters would be hesitant. Do BJP supporters just not vote if their candidate is Muslim?

The fact that Muslim BJP candidates don’t win tells you a lot about the kind of people that support them.

Simply because Congress or opposition has better muslim candidates.

How unexpected - the party that came to power after killing and raping innocent Muslims is discriminatory against them.

This hate filled communal agenda is what they were voted in for and they are just fulfilling their mandate.

India looking more like Nazi Germany day by day.. hard to believe that western-educated Indians are in support of this.

Apologists like you are the biggest reason for a slow progress of human race . If the whole world thought like you , Slavery would still be around in in full from .

Unlike me, you are the brightened soul who is part of the rapid progressive human society. Hence, file a petition in Supreme/federal Court to change its constitutions definition to allow non muslims to become head of the country and destroy the discrimination. Will you?

Their country, their rules. Non issue IMHO and something we shouldn't really care about tbh.

How unexpected - the party that came to power after killing and raping innocent Muslims is discriminatory against them.

This hate filled communal agenda is what they were voted in for and they are just fulfilling their mandate.

This is in line with the minto morley reforms of the british.

Pakistan doesnt claim to be a secular country. India does.

This is the most correct post in this thread. This is exactly what BJP was voted in for (2 times). They are just doing what the Hindu majority wants and what the party promised them to do.

You are insinuating that being an islamic country means discrimination against minorities.

In every theocracy, most of the political power resides with the majority religion. Its not a hidden thing. Even though in Pakistan they do have non-muslim ministers and all, but most of political power is with muslims. But India doesnt claim to be a theocracy. If its already a Hindu Rashtra, then the debate becomes different.

In every theocracy, most of the political power resides with the majority religion. Its not a hidden thing. Even though in Pakistan they do have non-muslim ministers and all, but most of political power is with muslims. But India doesnt claim to be a theocracy. If its already a Hindu Rashtra, then the debate becomes different.

You don't have a problem with minorities being discriminated if it is a theocracy. You have a problem when the action and the label does not match, as in the case of india. fair enough.

Religion and community based parties will be good for the nation, because they understand the issues of the community and can focus on their improvement. Wish we can get back to the society of pre independence india, where there were hindu, muslim and parsi gymkhanas, and cricket matches were played as Hindu vs Muslims.

The final scorecard of Muslims vs Hindu in Lahore Tournament
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/569276/scorecard/569284/hindus-vs-muslims-final-

And the final of the Bombay Quadrangular in 1934
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/A...UAD/MUSLIMS_HINDUS_BOM-QUAD_01-04DEC1934.html

Both won by Muslims unfortunately.

I would like to see the specific sections.

50% reservation for minority religions in minority designated educational institutes. Exempt from SC/ST quota. Polygamy is a crime or not depending on your religion.

Unlike me, you are the brightened soul who is part of the rapid progressive human society. Hence, file a petition in Supreme/federal Court to change its constitutions definition to allow non muslims to become head of the country and destroy the discrimination. Will you?

I sure as hell am not defending the law am I ?. Whataboutism is another of you apologists love to use.

I sure as hell am not defending the law am I ?. Whataboutism is another of you apologists love to use.

Look. You criticize people because they support an ideology. When you are asked about, how would you have done it differently, you will resort to call it apologists.

You are confused about what you support or not support but have no problem in criticizing others.

So would you agree that BJP is the hindu version of the Taliban, something I have contested previously?

So would you agree that BJP is the hindu version of the Taliban, something I have contested previously?

Yes, they are on that path. Mob lynching, calling people Pakistanis for not voting for them, BJP walas and their supporters are masters of these things. :inti

Last edited by a moderator:
Look. You criticize people because they support an ideology. When you are asked about, how would you have done it differently, you will resort to call it apologists.

You are confused about what you support or not support but have no problem in criticizing others.

lol , carry on with your mental gymnastics to make yourself feel better about your choices . I know where I stand and the ideology I support. Hint : It doesn't involves having bigotry baked into law .

This is the most correct post in this thread. This is exactly what BJP was voted in for (2 times). They are just doing what the Hindu majority wants and what the party promised them to do.

37.6% voted BJP in 2019(incl all religions ).. clearly that isn’t Hindu Majority ,anything above 51% would be Hindu Majority.

BJP’s majority share would change had Congress put in Sachin Pilot and taken Gandhi clan from power , biggest votebank of BJP among neutrals is Rahul Gandhi.

The minister is right.

It makes no sense for BJP to field Muslim candidates who will loose anyway.

Just that the brashness of this statement is jarring.

BJP’s majority share would change had Congress put in Sachin Pilot and taken Gandhi clan from power , biggest votebank of BJP among neutrals is Rahul Gandhi.

They need to chase out the Gandhis.

And develop the party from the grass root.

They are still "yet to introspect".

***** chu....... :))

Weird!
WHo in the right mind would support the story posted in OP?
I see time and again indian users justify the worst actions from their leaders. Why? Try to put a human and indian cap on and not a hindu cap.

I think you have no idea about South Indian politics.
New Telangana state KCR and MIM are like dostana. Visiting temples doesn't mean religious.

Coming to Andhra, the current CM is Christian. Christian conversations mafia are on rampage in AP. He literally giving funds and salaries to pastors to convert as much as possible, so he can win every time with solid vote bank of sc/st, from his caste and Christian vote Bank.
More number of Pastors and imamas getting monthly benefits from government than temple priests in majority Hindu state.
This guy allotting government lands to missionaries.

BJP has no vote bank in AP, Tamil nadu and Kerala.
They slowly entered in Telangana, here congress loosing their vote Bank to BJP.
That will be TRS vs BJP in Telangana.

Karnataka is the only one state BJP strong Forte in South India.

Congress ruled many years in both AP and TG. Now there is no congress in AP, completely washed out, you can't even find a contestant in AP.
In TG also they loosing slowly.

I would like to see BJP in both AP and TG.
Enough with congress chemchas and conversion mafia.

Weird!
I see time and again indian users justify the worst actions from their leaders. Why? Try to put a human and indian cap on and not a hindu cap.
You'll find plenty of those bigots on this thread itself who don't bat an eyelid when it comes to lynching of minorities, supporting the story in OP is nothing.

Weird!

Why will any political party put up a candidate who will not win?

You know fully well he isn’t saying this out of lack of electability if a Muslim candidate. This is basically a dog whistle and the Hindutva reference confirms that. What I don’t get is why do you and other BJP supporters have to defend everything BJP people say? I get you are a supporter and support the platform generally but I don’t see a reason for you to support ridiculous statements by every random looney.. I have noticed this reaction on many other and much more idiotic statements as well. it’s almost like a game where BJP people will keep on saying more and more ridiculous things to see what would be the point where supporters would stop blindly defending and justifying.

Last edited:
You don't have a problem with minorities being discriminated if it is a theocracy. You have a problem when the action and the label does not match, as in the case of india. fair enough.

In a theocracy, there will always be political discrimination at the very least. Thats in the nature of the system. However, if the system provides independence in other aspects of life to the individual and is not tyrannical to individual's way of life, then individuals who have no political ambitions can choose to live in such a system as has been seen historically. However, a secular set up claims no negative discrimination in any way.

Your point is....?

Show me any clause in Indian constitution where it states any discrimination based on religion.

My point is India isnt behaving like a secular country anymore. At least the Indian leaders arent.

Last edited by a moderator:
37.6% voted BJP in 2019(incl all religions ).. clearly that isn’t Hindu Majority ,anything above 51% would be Hindu Majority.

BJP was elected 2 times. Clearly this has direct approval from a big chunk of Hindu population and a tacit approval from a big chunk of the rest who dont vote. Otherwise they would have made sure they dont win 2 times in a row.

BJP was elected 2 times. Clearly this has direct approval from a big chunk of Hindu population and a tacit approval from a big chunk of the rest who dont vote. Otherwise they would have made sure they dont win 2 times in a row.
This.

In a theocracy, there will always be political discrimination at the very least. Thats in the nature of the system. However, if the system provides independence in other aspects of life to the individual and is not tyrannical to individual's way of life, then individuals who have no political ambitions can choose to live in such a system as has been seen historically. However, a secular set up claims no negative discrimination in any way.

You have set a low bar for islamic theocracy and a high bar for secular state. I won't defend india's secular label, because it is not secular. It is an appeasement state, where it appeases one religion in certain spheres and goes against the same religion in other matters. Religion and state are not separate, but too much inter twined.

I believe that minorities should not be given voting rights. Most of the problems will be solved by that.

You have set a low bar for islamic theocracy and a high bar for secular state. I won't defend india's secular label, because it is not secular. It is an appeasement state, where it appeases one religion in certain spheres and goes against the same religion in other matters. Religion and state are not separate, but too much inter twined.

I believe that minorities should not be given voting rights. Most of the problems will be solved by that.

Bro, can you please a more specific and explain the above statement. I am not trying to charge or troll you because I respect you and for your unique thought process. Just wants to know more about your ideals.

I think you have no idea about South Indian politics.
New Telangana state KCR and MIM are like dostana. Visiting temples doesn't mean religious.

Coming to Andhra, the current CM is Christian. Christian conversations mafia are on rampage in AP. He literally giving funds and salaries to pastors to convert as much as possible, so he can win every time with solid vote bank of sc/st, from his caste and Christian vote Bank.
More number of Pastors and imamas getting monthly benefits from government than temple priests in majority Hindu state.
This guy allotting government lands to missionaries.

BJP has no vote bank in AP, Tamil nadu and Kerala.
They slowly entered in Telangana, here congress loosing their vote Bank to BJP.
That will be TRS vs BJP in Telangana.

Karnataka is the only one state BJP strong Forte in South India.

Congress ruled many years in both AP and TG. Now there is no congress in AP, completely washed out, you can't even find a contestant in AP.
In TG also they loosing slowly.

I would like to see BJP in both AP and TG.
Enough with congress chemchas and conversion mafia.
Lol at conversion mafia. Treat your Dalits better and they wouldn't convert. Or may be they dont want to drink gomutra and wants to eat beef.

I am not speaking of Islamic theocracy only. Every theocracy is like that. Setting the bar low or high is irrelevant and based on personal definitions.

In a secular democracy, everybody gets to vote so what you are suggesting cannot happen in such a system.

Back