Kenya v Afghanistan | 2nd ODI| Nairobi (Gym) | 9/10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir john

T20I Debutant
Runs
time for kenya to seal the series today with good display of allround performance.:inzi

lol i was about to make a post about this match.

Hamid Hassan was injured in left arm during last match so he is probably not able to play which is a great news for kenya team.

All other Afghan players are looking for victory so does the Kenya:)
it will be a great match :)

lol i was about to make a post about this match.

Hamid Hassan was injured in left arm during last match so he is probably not able to play which is a great news for kenya team.

All other Afghan players are looking for victory so does the Kenya:)
it will be a great match :)

kenya players want to seal series today.
it is intresting to see how pitch behave today.:akhtar

I think if Afghanistan won the toss they will bat first and Hamid is right hand baller he can bowel his overs and then take rest for a while he cant filed but surely he can ball. he did the same thing in last match he is made of hard stone they will not give up i talked with couple of players over FB and they are strong and positive about upcoming match.

I think if Afghanistan won the toss they will bat first and Hamid is right hand baller he can bowel his overs and then take rest for a while he cant filed but surely he can ball. he did the same thing in last match he is made of hard stone they will not give up i talked with couple of players over FB and they are strong and positive about upcoming match.

tikolo comeback make kenya more competitive ,
hope he play well today and make a 100 today.:inzi

Kenya are 55/3 off 17 overs...Izatullah Dawlatzai a 19 year old on debut has taken 2 wickets already...

yup match will be resumed in 40 min or so pitch is working in favor of bowlers so we will see how our team bat

AFG is Fav for todays match though I am scared about their Shocking Batting display in the last match.

Ufff man.. AFG should have kept wicket before they go for Lunch... They will be under pressure now

Afghanistan 97/3 (21.0 ov)

Afghanistan require another 43 runs with 7 wickets and 29.0 overs remaining

Afghanistan won by 6 wickets and 23 overs they made 17 from last over
4 fours and one single.
there was hattrick of s 4's in last 3 balls:)

Originally posted by thelandofthebravepeople

Well done to Afghanistan. They levelled the series 1-1.
Well, They will win the series 2-1 if they can keep the level of performance they showed today.

Oh no kenya loose,odiambho far expensive.poor display of batting.
Both legneds fails.

Congrats to afghan team fans.
Hope last match will be a nailbitter.

That is some performance from Afghans after the defeat in first ODI

You gotta admire their hunger for success

Hopefully the final now will be an evenly contested game. May the better team win

Afghanistan's bowlers put up another spirited display to dismiss Kenya cheaply in the second ODI in Nairobi. The batsman didn't let them down, chasing down the target of 140 in quick time. Led by Asghar Stanikzai's unbeaten half-century, the Afghanistan batsmen recovered from a poor start to level the three-match series with six wickets to spare.

Afghanistan were struck a blow in the second over of the chase when opener Noor Ali Zadran had to retire hurt. In the next over, allrounder Thomas Odoyo removed the other opener Karim Sadiq. When Nehemiah Odhiambo bowled Nawroz Mangal soon after, Afghanistan were in danger of collapsing again, like in the first ODI when they had been shot out for 88.

However, Stanikzai ensured there would be no repeat of that performance with an aggressive knock. He first steadied the innings with wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad, adding 53 runs for the third wicket. Shahzad dominated that stand with a strokeful 37. He took Odhiambo for three fours in the eighth over, pulling him twice through midwicket and then driving him through cover. The introduction of spin got Kenya the breakthrough, as offspinner James Ngoche got Shahzad to hit one straight to captain Jimmy Kamande at midwicket.

Stanikzai, on 20 off 34 deliveries at the time, took charge after Shahzad's dismissal, getting to his second ODI half-century in 60 balls. Though Mirwais Ashraf fell cheaply to Steve Tikolo, Mohammad Nabi ensured there were no further worries for Afghanistan, smashing four fours in an Odhiambo over to bring up victory with 23 overs remaining.

The win had been set up by a disciplined bowling performance, after Kenya had elected to bat. Afghanistan's decision to open with offspinner Mohammad Nabi worked when he got David Obuya to edge to Stanikzai at first slip in his second over. Izatullah Dawlatzai, the fast bowler making his ODI and List A debut, bowled the other opener Seren Waters, and then removed Collins Obuya, who was looking in good touch.

Legspinner Samiullah Shenwari ran through the middle order, flighting the ball and getting it to turn on his way to 3 for 29 in ten overs, including the wickets of top-scorer Tanmay Mishra and Tikolo. Two late run-outs didn't help Kenya, as they collapsed from 84 for 3 to be bowled out for 139. The last five batsmen could not reach double-figures, leaving former captain Maurice Ouma stranded on 31.

The problem with our team is that we don't like playing singles we always want to hit Kenya team didnt had single six but Afghanistan had 7 sixes . Sometimes this attitude let them down like in last match .
Another good news is that Afghan team showed that they can win even if Hamid is not in team.
Great performance by Abullah he took a wicket of Capitan at duck and give away only 18 runs in 8 overs.
The other newcomer Izutllah was expensive but still manage to take 2 wicket for 37 in 6 overs.
I hope that hamid will be back in upcoming game but dont think so. Anyway next match is more interesting now that they are equal every body wants to win so badly

well done Afghanistan...I agree with AfghanFan that his team do need to rotate the strike more, they deal exclusively in boundaries which can be risky

well done Afghanistan...I agree with AfghanFan that his team do need to rotate the strike more, they deal exclusively in boundaries which can be risky

Not Really, Thats way they Play..

But its true that if they keep playing like this, they won't be able to compete with Top Playing nations.. They need to become bit more selective on shot selections.. But, they should not be checked to play their natural game.

Easily my favorite upcoming team.

yeah me too...but I like Ireland as well, pretty sharp team

Passion4Pak I agree that they shouldn't curb their game but they would be more competitive if they rotated the strike in the middle overs a bit more

I am certainly Afraid, that, Afghanistan may be playing so well at the associated stage of the ICC.. But they may not be able to become one of the Top playing nation as their Country's administrative sector is very weak.. Their accommodation quality is almost Zero..

ICC should help them more than they are currently doing for them.. They certainly have the best potential to come out at the top level in around next 10yrs..

Wish them All the Best for their Cricket and also to the People of their Country.

Passion4Pak I agree that they shouldn't curb their game but they would be more competitive if they rotated the strike in the middle overs a bit more

Yea,, This Lesson also needs to be taken by Bangladesh.. Because, they don't hit big shots in the middle overs and don't even take regular singles.. Thats one of the main reason they can't reach 250+ on regular occasions against top Playing Nations..

Openers Now Days, Giving them Very good starts and their Middle order consistently fails to carry through and make things real big for them..

If they can sort this out, I can tell you, they will be beating every top playing nations more often than ever..

Ireland comes a close second for me. That's because they've been around longer but have kind of stagnated now. Of course other teams poaching their players is a contributor.

I like both because they are very exciting to watch.

Originally QUOTING Maula Jutt

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 4,004

Congrats for crossing 4000 PP Posts.. And Become International Captain.
Hope Many more Quality posts will keep coming from your fingers.. :D

Congrats for crossing 4000 PP Posts.. And Become International Captain.
Hope Many more Quality posts will keep coming from your fingers.. :D

Oh wow, I didn't notice. Thanks!

What's amazing is, I didn't even have to retire to become a captain! :D

Once Kenya known as a Better team than Bangladesh.. But Now, Bangladesh gone Far away from Kenya, And Kenya staying at the same position.. May be Kenya never got enough support from ICC as much as Bangladesh got..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Maula Jutt

Oh wow, I didn't notice. Thanks!

What's amazing is, I didn't even have to retire to become a captain! :D

Only Being a Supporter is Good enough to become a Captain Here in PakPassion.

World's Best Automatic Selector. ( Selects when proper time comes ) :D

Well, Ireland will never become a Top Cricketing Nation as England as Always gonna Crop all the Quality and Talented players from their Team..

Similar to Scotland. Remembar, Gavin Hamilton??? Gave a Horribly tensed time to Bangladesh in 99 World Cup.. After the World Cup, England approached him. Used him for one or two series.. Then Thrown him out..

Once Kenya known as a Better team than Bangladesh.. But Now, Bangladesh gone Far away from Kenya, And Kenya staying at the same position.. May be Kenya never got enough support from ICC as much as Bangladesh got..

Kenya Team is dominated by two families male and female teams lol :)
6 or 7 out of 11 players are above or at age 30 they need to bring youngster some younger players are brothers of old ones or relatives you cant make a national cricket team a family business.

Kenya Team is dominated by two families male and female teams lol :)
6 or 7 out of 11 players are above or at age 30 they need to bring youngster some younger players are brothers of old ones or relatives you cant make a national cricket team a family business.

Just out of curiousity is Abdullah a forename or surname?...

kenya have lots of youngster coming.

tanmay,waters,rakep and nelson are few of them.

Originally Posted by Sir john
kenya have lots of youngster coming.

tanmay,waters,rakep and nelson are few of them.

Tanmay can't be mentioned as a Youngster anymore, I am seeing him since 2006. Though he is still 23. But as much as I saw about him, He has limited Talent as he does not have many powerful strokes as he is not naturally powerful guy.. But quite determined to do well for his country.

Tanmay can't be mentioned as a Youngster anymore, I am seeing him since 2006. Though he is still 23. But as much as I saw about him, He has limited Talent as he does not have many powerful strokes as he is not naturally powerful guy.. But quite determined to do well for his country.

tanmay have a gap of two year for his management study in india,he can build innings very well,he is a moderat type bat.:moyo

tanmay have a gap of two year for his management study in india,he can build innings very well,he is a moderat type bat.:moyo

two yrs of gap don't stop your age running Bro. :D..

But wish him all the best as I like his attitude..

yah agree mate,as my friends working there tpld me that,there is a few pools of players for selection.
kenta need help of ICC.

All-round Afghanistan level series

Afghanistan's bowlers put up another spirited display to dismiss Kenya cheaply in the second ODI in Nairobi. The batsman didn't let them down, chasing down the target of 140 in quick time. Led by Asghar Stanikzai's unbeaten half-century, the Afghanistan batsmen recovered from a poor start to level the three-match series with six wickets to spare.

Afghanistan were struck a blow in the second over of the chase when opener Noor Ali Zadran had to retire hurt. In the next over, allrounder Thomas Odoyo removed the other opener Karim Sadiq. When Nehemiah Odhiambo bowled Nawroz Mangal soon after, Afghanistan were in danger of collapsing again, like in the first ODI when they had been shot out for 88.

However, Stanikzai ensured there would be no repeat of that performance with an aggressive knock. He first steadied the innings with wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad, adding 53 runs for the third wicket. Shahzad dominated that stand with a strokeful 37. He took Odhiambo for three fours in the eighth over, pulling him twice through midwicket and then driving him through cover. The introduction of spin got Kenya the breakthrough, as offspinner James Ngoche got Shahzad to hit one straight to captain Jimmy Kamande at midwicket.

Stanikzai, on 20 off 34 deliveries at the time, took charge after Shahzad's dismissal, getting to his second ODI half-century in 60 balls. Though Mirwais Ashraf fell cheaply to Steve Tikolo, Mohammad Nabi ensured there were no further worries for Afghanistan, smashing four fours in an Odhiambo over to bring up victory with 23 overs remaining.

The win had been set up by a disciplined bowling performance, after Kenya had elected to bat. Afghanistan's decision to open with offspinner Mohammad Nabi worked when he got David Obuya to edge to Stanikzai at first slip in his second over. Izatullah Dawlatzai, the fast bowler making his ODI and List A debut, bowled the other opener Seren Waters, and then removed Collins Obuya, who was looking in good touch.

Legspinner Samiullah Shenwari ran through the middle order, flighting the ball and getting it to turn on his way to 3 for 29 in ten overs, including the wickets of top-scorer Tanmay Mishra and Tikolo. Two late run-outs didn't help Kenya, as they collapsed from 84 for 3 to be bowled out for 139. The last five batsmen could not reach double-figures, leaving former captain Maurice Ouma stranded on 31.

Last edited:
The Most Important things is, Kenya need Money into their Local Cricket, If youngsters can see that, They can have enough money from Cricket to have a good living, then they will be more interested to take this seriously as well as professionally, and that will bring more hard working players if not talented players..

What I am saying this because, Talent Works great, But Hard Working Players will give you extra professionalism because, They Play for living. So, Dedication will be there.

And Only ICC can help them on that..

But Kenya Also Needs to improve their Administration as well as accommodation structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back