Lord of the Rings Fans

nice to see a christopher lee fan ;)

yes i am, have read the books aswell as the mythology prelude called 'corinthians' i think

I've enjoyed the books very much, and the movies were pretty well made except for the last movie, which I thought was pretty ok.....

Books - No.
Movies- No.
Failed to understand wat made my fellow Americans go watch Lotr 6 times.

Although I'm not a huge fantasy fan, I absolutely love the LOTR movies, especially ROTK. Don't like the books though.

I love reading books but the problem is starting reading one. I just can't start one, but if I do, I definitely finish it all with interest.

try it entra

the beginning is a bit slow but worth it in the end

Will check out then. I like war stories.

But having watched the movie, wouldn't that kill any suspense or what-next thingy in the book a bit? :13:

entralinks said:
Will check out then. I like war stories.

But having watched the movie, wouldn't that kill any suspense or what-next thingy in the book a bit? :13:

the books are quite different

but the movies will ruin a few bits that i wont mention ;)

Amir_rulez said:
Books - No.
Movies- No.
Failed to understand wat made my fellow Americans go watch Lotr 6 times.

agree! whats so good about LOTR, i dont get it

Bits and bobs and hits and jobs running the show stuff you gotta be meaning baby? :24:

tolkien wanted to give a legend to english literature. there was no such thing in english literature like homer's odyssey, gilgamesh or mahabharat.
he was originally from birmingham and took a lot of symbols from the city like 2 towers.
i think he was a master of imagination and creativity. how many writers from 20th century can create characters with such detail as he did.

robosapien said:
tolkien wanted to give a legend to english literature. there was no such thing in english literature like homer's odyssey, gilgamesh or mahabharat.
he was originally from birmingham and took a lot of symbols from the city like 2 towers.
i think he was a master of imagination and creativity. how many writers from 20th century can create characters with such detail as he did.

he created an entire mythology

brilliant work from a creative giant

I gotta applaud the guy, to be honest when I was watching ROTK it felt sad, I just didn't want the series to end. :(

zushy_786 said:
I doubt it....She was drooling after Bloome all the time.....

Bloome? Who on earth is Bloome? ::J

I seriously think you need to get a life by the way. ::J

entralinks said:
I gotta applaud the guy, to be honest when I was watching ROTK it felt sad, I just didn't want the series to end. :(

If you enjoyed those types of books, you should pick up C.S. Lewis series - Lion witch and wardrobe, Magician's Nephew, Prince Caspian, etc etc..the Lion, Witch & Wardrobe is being made into a movie......

Last edited:
Sorry thats a bit unclear, you mean you can't wait for the movie King Kong or the King Kong?

I absolutely loved the LOTR films!

I liked the 1st one the most initially cos i was expecting it to be cr@p - i hadnt read the books, mainly nerds read them so i stayed away- BUT i was convinced to watch the film and i thought it was brilliant!
Overall i would say the 2nd one was the best film - the 3rd was good BUT it dragged at the end a bit too much

I call zushy by the name King Kong by the way. Sometimes Ting Tong as well when he's knocking at doors and running.

entralinks said:
Sorry thats a bit unclear, you mean you can't wait for the movie King Kong or the King Kong?
:))) :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Geordie Ahmed said:
Overall i would say the 2nd one was the best film - the 3rd was good BUT it dragged at the end a bit too much
Precisely my thoughts. Seems like we were made for eachother.

entralinks said:
I call zushy by the name King Kong by the way. Sometimes Ting Tong as well when he's knocking at doors and running.

Can you change my user name to reflect that then ;-)

entralinks said:

Read the post again and learn to comprehend

I have yet to read or finish a single book so far...didn't even do that for school so a big No

I did watch the movies and really liked the first two movies third one was fine but in end I did love the movies...

Mona said:
Go talk to GA, who is made for you. :p

Oi what are you playing at???
Im trying to avoid that bhoothni and you are saying this -

I think you should make Frandship with Entra

Geordie Ahmed said:
Oi what are you playing at???
Im trying to avoid that bhoothni and you are saying this -

I think you should make Frandship with Entra

Entra has bent his ways :D

entra is in urgent need of a reality check

who is trying to fool? its obvious he has had his eye on zushy the whole time...

Hey guys sheeeeesssshhhh, Mona seems to have a thing or two for me. Apart from the chappal.

Anyway any good advice what I should start with, I mean I need to first introduce myself innit. Very nervous. Don't know what she's gonna say, well I know, but anyway, here I go..

Mona hi. :)

entralinks said:
Hey guys sheeeeesssshhhh, Mona seems to have a thing or two for me. Apart from the chappal.

Anyway any good advice what I should start with, I mean I need to first introduce myself innit. Very nervous. Don't know what she's gonna say, well I know, but anyway, here I go..

Mona hi. :)

:))) :))) You need to try harder :p .....And your pickup line needs some work.....

mona where art thou

this will be interesting

fiver on mona producing the chappal within two replies

bachara entra

lol nauman you should install a mod which displays a warning on threads like these...

You guys are wrecking it.

I mean you keep coming in between us and my attention keeps shifting to you lot. Go away.

So Mona nice win today innit? :)

now I feel like a sadistic...

that hi is far better than some of the pick up lines in use now days anyway...so I guess entra don't loose hope you saw what it did for the Pakistani team lol keep on trying!!

feather said:
now I feel like a sadistic...

that hi is far better than some of the pick up lines in use now days anyway...so I guess entra don't loose hope you saw what it did for the Pakistani team lol keep on trying!!

:))) :))) At least pakistan had a chance, realistically entralinks has more of a chance getting hit by chappels then Mona going cuckoo over entra......

leave entra alone ppl

lets see him make a fool of himself ;)

I do believe me and Mona can gel together and show courage, discipline and professionalism in our approach to flirting. Boys have done it before and she is young, raw talent, I think it will an exciting series for the viewers. But very demanding for me, some bruises, cuts and kidneys will be sacrificed.

So Mona up for it, adrenaline pumping? :)

entralinks said:
I do believe me and Mona can gel together and show courage, discipline and professionalism in our approach to flirting. Boys have done it before and she is young, raw talent, I think it will an exciting series for the viewers. But very demanding for me, some bruises, cuts and kidneys will be sacrificed.

So Mona up for it, adrenaline pumping? :)

better luck next time

She is there, I know it. Khamoshi is haan, as they say. I'm in with a chance, I know. :)

entralinks said:
She is there, I know it. Khamoshi is haan, as they say. I'm in with a chance, I know. :)

u keep telling yourself that

just keep repeating it

and ignore the voice in the back of your head telling you youve gone mad

do u guys know that christopher lee was quaid in the movie jinnah....and the movie has been finally released on a dvd............

Yes I've bought the DVD, I've already put it in the player, it says on its cover the picture will come on the screen in about 5 years. :61:

What a farce it has been truly.

poor marooned thref has been hi-jacked as well. I thought you guys would rspect the snior memnber one bit but no. worse still, comma ji isn't involved either :p

octavian said:
poor marooned thref has been hi-jacked as well. I thought you guys would rspect the snior memnber one bit but no. worse still, comma ji isn't involved either :p

comma ji is no match for the hijack squad :16: :16:

unless he considers himself a member :19:

bump for marooned mian :D

blame entra for hijacking your thread :p

i beleive u wanted to discuss lotr

I'll return it back to topic

Highly enjoyed both the book and movie even if the book was a touch slow in places. However, I probably enjoyed the movie more.

I still havent seen the even more extended version of ROKT. I wanted to see the Voice of Sarauman and the witch-king/Gandalf scene.

I never read the LOTR books but I've read Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams which is very similar as well as the David Eddings series which is based around the same concept!

The movies were great and now I'm really looking forward to the Narnia movie because that was one of my favourite series of books when I was a kid!

Mercenary said:
I never read the LOTR books but I've read Memory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad Williams which is very similar as well as the David Eddings series which is based around the same concept!

The movies were great and now I'm really looking forward to the Narnia movie because that was one of my favourite series of books when I was a kid!
Same although after finding out what the Narnia books are really about I was in two minds

Is the Movie Narnia gonna be based on the tv series The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe??

Daoud said:
Same although after finding out what the Narnia books are really about I was in two minds

The Xtian imagery in The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe went right over my head but i was like 8 or 9 when i read it. But thinking back to it now the children were the disciples and edmund was judas whilst Aslan was Jesus.

It's so clear in hindsight! When i was a few years younger i felt that might spoil it but now I realise its not that important as i've always regarded it as a fairy tale anyway!

Mercenary said:
The Xtian imagery in The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe went right over my head but i was like 8 or 9 when i read it. But thinking back to it now the children were the disciples and edmund was judas whilst Aslan was Jesus.

It's so clear in hindsight! When i was a few years younger i felt that might spoil it but now I realise its not that important as i've always regarded it as a fairy tale anyway!
Same here. I had no idea but then again I was in year 3 when I read it. I guess I can accept the Xtian imagery but the racism is a bit harder to swallow

Daoud said:
Same here. I had no idea but then again I was in year 3 when I read it. I guess I can accept the Xtian imagery but the racism is a bit harder to swallow

Racism in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? :O :O
I was well young when i used to watch it so it obviously went whoosh - would be interesting to watch it again

Back