Luis Suarez retires from International football [Update at Post#234]

the ones that were commenting such filth deserve no respect and no way was that racist

inbred isnt racist and merseysiders? how is any of that racist

dont you evra me mindless slogging
here in ireland inbred is not a racist term

but infact commonplace among the travellers lol

I don't really care why he admitted to making the comment BUT the fact is he did make the comment and it was a racist comment so he was rightly punished

Who knows maybe his admission resulted in a lesser penalty

LOL :facepalm: he would've gotten away with it easily mate. cuz FA's got f*ckall evidence other than Suarez admitting it himself.

article-0-0F434D7F00000578-380_634x419.jpg

Liverpool fans are really smoothing special ... disgusting isn't even the word

oh FFS mate, you really cant be that naive can ya when your own fans sing about Heysel and even ****ing make t-shirts about it proudly (refering to disgusting behaviour btw). so dont give me this B.S of "Liverpool fans are this, that" because EVERY club has set of plastic fans like the ones you just quoted.

Last edited:
Liverpool have proved they are an absoloute joke of a club throughout all this..Dalglish was a very good player...but as a manager this man is a clown and i'd be quite ashamed if he was managing my team. Heres his latest gem of a quote:

"It would be helpful to everyone if someone gave us some guidelines about what you can and cannot say," the Scot was quoted as saying in the Independent.

What a plonker you are kenny...does he seriously believe players need guidlines about how not to be racist??!! Its simple kenny...don't abuse someone by referring to the colour of their skin. My word this man isn't the sharpest tool in the shed is he. And alot of Liverpool fans havent exactly showered themselves in glory with their reaction to the ban..like i said JOKE OF A CLUB.

LFC is backing up Suarez because its a case of he said she said, its Evra's word against Suarez' and FA's reaction is bit OTT in my opinion because Negrito is not really a racial slur. I have been hanging out with alot of latinos and from what i gathered, its a common practice to give nick names based on color, like they used to call me Moreno which means Brown guy? It depends how you say it and since everybody is speculating, so i'd do the same and can say that Suarez might be taunting Evra because he wasn't doing a good job that day? its no different than you calling someone a "kid" because of his lesser skills? BBC made a movie bout "the first black player" and that would translate into something like "negro" in spanish. Is that racist? I am not a LFC or Suarez fan just think that he is being punished for something that's not racist by any means.

Liverpool have proved they are an absoloute joke of a club throughout all this..Dalglish was a very good player...but as a manager this man is a clown and i'd be quite ashamed if he was managing my team. Heres his latest gem of a quote:

"It would be helpful to everyone if someone gave us some guidelines about what you can and cannot say," the Scot was quoted as saying in the Independent.

What a plonker you are kenny...does he seriously believe players need guidlines about how not to be racist??!! Its simple kenny...don't abuse someone by referring to the colour of their skin. My word this man isn't the sharpest tool in the shed is he. And alot of Liverpool fans havent exactly showered themselves in glory with their reaction to the ban..like i said JOKE OF A CLUB.

Hes a clown as a manager? Youre basing his overall managerial ability on this saga?

A Joke of a club who are second in terms of League titles and first in terms of European Cups amongst teams in England, I wonder what youre basing this rant on, perhaps personal bias more than anything.

Regards :zaka

AiA64buCQAALN6z.jpg

Looks like he didn't use "negrito" as previously thought. Liverpool fans still in doubt?

i have a query here

mongoloid caucasoid negroid australoid are the types of races

ok

personal experience a friend was upset with another friend because he called him black. he said dont call me that
he said coloured? dont call me that either? then he said negro? dont call me that either? african? he said no

what do you want me to call you then because you call me arab

he said african american

is the word negro not a name for the race? how is that a racist word. im aware people make it racist but negro is that not a socially acceptable name?

"Negro" superseded "colored" as the most polite terminology, at a time when "black" was more offensive.This usage was accepted as normal, even by people classified as Negroes, until the later Civil Rights movement in the late 1960s. One well-known example is the identification by Martin Luther King, Jr. of his own race as 'Negro' in his famous 1963 speech I Have a Dream.

Wonder what Liverpool and their fans have to say now?

This.

Can't blame them for supporting their man though. After all, the whole club was behind him.

Don't know who advised him to plead innocent or if it was his own decision. Either way, it's silly and embarrassing the way it came out in the end.

Any other walk of life and an employee would be sacked for saying something like this. Yet 'King' Kenny and co are still playing the poor victim card in defending Suarez.

This.

Can't blame them for supporting their man though. After all, the whole club was behind him.

Don't know who advised him to plead innocent or if it was his own decision. Either way, it's silly and embarrassing the way it came out in the end.

Support within reason is fine BUT like most people said their behaviour immediately after the ban was announced was nothing short of disgraceful, they reacted in completely the wrong way and made themselves look like idiots

From what I have seen the report doesnt really make any difference, Liverpool were at the hearing and heard all the evidence; its still a case of Suarez' word against Evra's.

What isnt clear is how many times Suarez said the word and what makes me so angry is that the FA seem to be way out of their depth here, FA: "We found that Mr Evra's account is probably what happened." - Would "probably" stand up in court?

What Evra said happened

Mr Evra asked Mr Suárez why he had kicked him, referring to the foul five minutes previously. Mr Suárez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suárez "Say it to me again, I'm going to punch you". Mr Suárez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr Evra continued by saying he was going to punch Mr Suárez. Mr Suárez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "Okay, *******, *******, *******". As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to him in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "Ref, ref, he just called me a ****ing black."

What Suárez said happened

Mr Suárez agreed with Mr Evra that they spoke to each other in Spanish. When Mr Evra asked why he had kicked him, Mr Suárez replied that it was a normal foul and shrugged his shoulders. Mr Evra then said that he was going to kick Mr Suárez, to which Mr Suárez told him to shut up. According to Mr Suárez, at no point did he use the word "negro" [during their first exchange]. Mr Evra spoke to Mr Suárez and said [in English] "Don't touch me, South American." Mr Suárez replied "Por que, negro?" He says that he used the word "negro" in a way with which he was familiar from his upbringing in Uruguay. Mr Suárez claimed it is used as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown skinned. Thus, it meant "Why, black?" [In his own witness statement, Suárez added: "my wife calls me negro in an affectionate way."

The linguistic issue

We received expert evidence as to the use of the word "negro" in Uruguayand other areas of Latin America. It is often used as a noun to address people, whether family, friends or passers-by, and is widely seen as inoffensive. It is inoffensive when its use implies a sense of rapport or the attempt to create such rapport. However, if it were used, for example, with a sneer, then it might carry negative connotations. The Spanish language experts told us that if Mr Suárez said the things Mr Evra alleged, they would be considered racially offensive in Uruguay and other regions of Latin America.

how is the word negro racist
like is aid above martin luther king referred to everyone of his own race as negro during his i have a dream speech

i mean if the man who fought for their rights used the word to describe his own race, why is it seen as racist

is negro not an acceptable word? when i was younger my asian cousins living in england said the right word to use is negro not "tor" ( had recently come from pak)

Liverpool are only supporting Suarez because he is there best player, he is clearly guilty. His face when pinching Evra's skin shows what really happened.

If this was somebody like Fabio Aurelio then they would of banned him and suspended him, Kenny has built a average side and full of overpriced players like Carroll,Downing and Henderson. Kenny knows that without Suarez they won't get in to the CL.

Suarez should be banned for 6 months IMO and Liverpool should be deducted 10 points for standing by him and a further 10 points for being Liverpool.

@PrincePathan - The word is not actually racist but the important thing is how the word is used. It's like "****". Prince Harry used it to describe his friend, He didn't use it in a deragatory way.

Last edited:
like is aid above martin luther king referred to everyone of his own race as negro during his i have a dream speech

i mean if the man who fought for their rights used the word to describe his own race, why is it seen as racist

is negro not an acceptable word? when i was younger my asian cousins living in england said the right word to use is negro not "tor" ( had recently come from pak)

key word - own race.

Just as the post above yours said, this word is used inoffensively with friends and family. Was Suarez on a competitive football field using it in a friendly sense? I doubt it.

Nowadays even close friends use swear words (beginning with b) towards each other and it's not seen as offensive but if you swear at a stranger, it definitely is.

From what I have seen the report doesnt really make any difference, Liverpool were at the hearing and heard all the evidence; its still a case of Suarez' word against Evra's.

What isnt clear is how many times Suarez said the word and what makes me so angry is that the FA seem to be way out of their depth here, FA: "We found that Mr Evra's account is probably what happened." - Would "probably" stand up in court?

Yes. In civil court, the case is based on the balance of probablities. Just like the Pakistani trio match fixing was too. This is the FA's juruisdiction that this is how they have decided previous cases such as Evra at Chelsea.

That is terrible argument to use, ultimately it does not matter what Martin Luther King thinks because quite frankly he is dead and also he was not linked to football/england

If you do want to present MLK as a witness then I and others can easily mention Malcolm X and get his thoughts on the N word

and the Video evidence, don't forget that

Also Suarez's evidence was unreliable so even if it was simply a case of his word against Evra's then even that might have been enough

Also you keep mentioning the FA here, they brought the charge towards Suarez BUT you are aware it was actually an independent tribunal that made the ruling so these claims of bias etc are just ridiculous

The sooner LFC accept what happened the better for all parties concerned

Yes. In civil court, the case is based on the balance of probablities. Just like the Pakistani trio match fixing was too. This is the FA's juruisdiction that this is how they have decided previous cases such as Evra at Chelsea.

As I mentioned in my post above, the FA made the charge towards Suarez BUT what Liverpool and it's fans seem to conveniently ignore is that this was an Independent tribunal, they looked at all the evidence and made their decision based on that

Thought I would mention it in this thread BUT did anyone else notice Bellamy indulge in something similar against us on Friday night?

It was quite clear on camera that Bellamy called Tim Krul a "Dutch [insert offensive C word]" - Krul did not make an issue out of it BUT I wish he had

Back to the Suarez-Evra thing

The position, therefore, is as follows. Mr Suarez spoke in Spanish to Mr Comolli soon after the game about this serious allegation. Mr Suarez also spoke in Dutch to Mr Kuyt. Both Mr Comolli and Mr Kuyt understood Mr Suarez to have told them that when he spoke to Mr Evra he said words which translate into English as, "Because you are black". According to Mr Suarez, Mr Comolli misheard what Mr Suarez said in Spanish, and Mr Kuyt misheard what Mr Suarez said in Dutch.

:))) :))) :)))

no i wasnt trying to argue

i just always thought that it was appropriate to describe the race as that in comparison to using the world black

i actually dont know
iv always described somebody as negro without meaning to be racist

no i wasnt trying to argue

i just always thought that it was appropriate to describe the race as that in comparison to using the world black

i actually dont know
iv always described somebody as negro without meaning to be racist

BUT if you was having an angry exchange with a black person, would you call them negro?

Having read the full report it is obvious the intention of Suarez was to insult Evra by referring to his skin. I must say that he’s gotten off pretty lightly because his comments are extremely hurtful to any black person apart from the spineless Glen Johnson.

Should he not be seen to amend his ways BEFORE any return to football?

Dalglish is an ignorant idiot of the first order. The way in which he callously prejudged Evra by saying “Hasn’t he done this before too" speaks volumes of his take on such a serious issue.

BUT if you was having an angry exchange with a black person, would you call them negro?

nah i wouldnt say something like that but i wouldnt not refer to the race as negro as i feel its less offensive than other words

just like i would say caucasian etc

geneologically it isnt wrong

I said before, showing support is fine. Just how you do it what matters. To sum up, the initial accusation came out. Liverpool were adamant he did not say it, and said Evra was a liar. Then it was well known that Suarez admitted to using some form of it, and it was a cultural misunderstanding. At this point, they came out with ridiculious t-shirts and again, accused Evra of lying. Now it is shown he did not use negrito and his story is inconsistent. Now they argue the process was not fair (yet ask the same comission to ban Evra?).

Plain and simple, LFC just had to release a statement that they support him. Instead throughout the process Kenny made continous interviews before and after the verdict. They made themselves seem like they were the victim with their t-shirts. All while having the cheek to question Evra's character while Mr. Suarez has far from a perfect record.

Suarez's inconsistiencies with his own LFC kind all noted here: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/01/fa-report-how-dalglish-comolli-kuyt.html

Hard to really argue for him now Boom Boom bhai. Please read and give us your thoughts.

No one could really make up their mind based on the FA's initial statement, having read a large proportion of the 115 page dossier I think we should just back off and let Suarez think about what he has said in the 8 games he will be out for.

Liverpool have had a PR nightmare here, one thing I cant understand is why theyve backed him to this extent with even Glen Johnson doing it on twitter. It didnt fit easily with me, now Ive had a chance to read everything I think the verdict was a fair one. :azhar

Last edited:
Its racist in any language, i thought something else happened when but after reading few comments and lil bit of actual document. Suarez said it all to hurt Evra and it should be categorically condemned.Color references might be a common latino-culture thing but Suarez' meant to racially abuse him.

It was a while ago so I might be mistaken BUT I think Emre denied making any racist comments and he was supported by our players who said no racist comments were made

I dont know either but Emre again said in an interview in Turkey such words are normal -

'My best friend is Obafemi. He's also my room-mate, so how can anyone call me a racist? It's normal to say words like 'black' or 'negro' in Turkey but, when you say this in England, it's misunderstood.'

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/36026-emre-im-no-racist

Last edited:
Lost a lot of respect for Liverpool over the last 2 weeks. Their manager, players and fans have all come out of this looking ridiculous.

has anyone read LFC latest statement, what a joke of a statement.

The 3 main points
1) Suarez is the best player in the league, thats why United got him banned because they were jealous of him.

2) it was one mans words against other. NO the fa said 'this isn't one man word against the others, we looked at the evidence' The evidence being Suarez admitting calling Evra a ****** multiple times. Are lfc to dumb too understand

3) They will stick by their player, won't disgrace and sell him because he is the best they have got and will have a though time replacing him.

Did anyone know this...

'Unless Liverpool have a replay in the FA Cup Suarez's first game back is United away.'

Some things are just meant to happen the way they are. The fans will give it all to him but I wonder how the players will react.

LOL

So Liverpool basically accept the ban BUT instead of doing it with some dignity and grace, they come out with another poor statement. What on earth is wrong with the? Who is advising them to go down this route?

The statement basically reads as "We have done nothing wrong, it is a conspiracy and we have been stitched up, that Evra is a nasty guy and oh yeah we will just accept the ban"

Where as the reality is they realise they don't have a leg to stand on and any appeal would be futile, maybe even resulting in a longer ban BUT they have reacted in a childish way

LOL

So Liverpool basically accept the ban BUT instead of doing it with some dignity and grace, they come out with another poor statement. What on earth is wrong with the? Who is advising them to go down this route?

The statement basically reads as "We have done nothing wrong, it is a conspiracy and we have been stitched up, that Evra is a nasty guy and oh yeah we will just accept the ban"

Where as the reality is they realise they don't have a leg to stand on and any appeal would be futile, maybe even resulting in a longer ban BUT they have reacted in a childish way

add to that that, United wanted Suarez banned because the clubs are rivals and Suarez is the best in the league.

has anyone read LFC latest statement, what a joke of a statement.

The 3 main points
1) Suarez is the best player in the league, thats why United got him banned because they were jealous of him.

2) it was one mans words against other. NO the fa said 'this isn't one man word against the others, we looked at the evidence' The evidence being Suarez admitting calling Evra a ****** multiple times. Are lfc to dumb too understand

3) They will stick by their player, won't disgrace and sell him because he is the best they have got and will have a though time replacing him.

I think you should read the statement again and also have a read of the 115 page document to look at what the facts are and what the accusations are because you are twisting things.

Looks like there is a video on Daily mail website now of Evra mouthing of racially in regards to some chelsea players. Not surprised by the **** bags lil cry babies antics!

Sick of hearing about this now. Newspapers need to get over it.

Its Liverpool's fault. All they need to do is apologize, at minimum, acknowledge a misunderstanding has taken place and move on. Instead, they just keep giving ammo to the media. We get this half-apology from Suarez where he acts like a child who says sorry only because his parents told him too but he is not really sorry.

Its Liverpool's fault. All they need to do is apologize, at minimum, acknowledge a misunderstanding has taken place and move on. Instead, they just keep giving ammo to the media. We get this half-apology from Suarez where he acts like a child who says sorry only because his parents told him too but he is not really sorry.

In general I'd say most apologies are PR stunts at the most, its rare that someone actually means it.

Shameful stuff really! The more kenny and liverpool defend suarez the more lower and lower they are falling in my eyes

Shameful stuff really! The more kenny and liverpool defend suarez the more lower and lower they are falling in my eyes

Everytime Kenny opens his mouth he offends some one and hes got one of those faces you would love to punch repeatedly!

Everytime Kenny opens his mouth he offends some one and hes got one of those faces you would love to punch repeatedly!

keeps the performance of the tream out of the headlines

i always thought kennny dalglish was better than this

i recall his reaction to hillsboro

shame really

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.
The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.
Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.
Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.
A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."
The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.
The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

the club, it's fans and management are publicly standing up for suarez

suarez called an opposition black player negro 7 times, told him he kicked him because he was black and told him he didn't speak to blacks

the crowd probably think it is fine to call opposition black players black ********

once the culprits are identified expect to see the liverpool players back down at the printers getting new solidarity tshirts made and ku klux kenny telling us about a misundersranding of scouse cultural norms

infamous uncle tom glen johnson will probably take charge of the whip round

Last edited:
the club, it's fans and management are publicly standing up for suarez

suarez called an opposition black player negro 7 times, told him he kicked him because he was black and told him he didn't speak to blacks

the crowd probably think it is fine to call opposition black players black ********

once the culprits are identified expect to see the liverpool players back down at the printers getting new solidarity tshirts made and ku klux kenny telling us about a misundersranding of scouse cultural norms

infamous uncle tom glen johnson will probably take charge of the whip round

You are away with the fairies. In this response you have detailed accusations made at Suarez not definitive facts, he admitted to using the word once and only once.

One idiot in the crowd doesnt epitomise an entire fan base so your suggestion of us buying t shirts in support of the guy who made racist remarks shows your entire post to be complete nonsense of the first degree.

You are away with the fairies. In this response you have detailed accusations made at Suarez not definitive facts, he admitted to using the word once and only once.

One idiot in the crowd doesnt epitomise an entire fan base so your suggestion of us buying t shirts in support of the guy who made racist remarks shows your entire post to be complete nonsense of the first degree.

suarez's evidence was found to be unreliable

and like it or not the fact is that liverpool fc, it's management, players and fans are not covering themselves in glory at the moment

Last edited:
an interesrting piece on the use of the word negro in south america

it has different connotations dependent upon whom it is being directed toward, according to this man:

http://tinyurl.com/86nfx4w

In a report or any article it would have to say Suarez is alleged to have said such things and not Suarez definitely said such things, you didnt make that distinction and just went on a rant criticising anyone connected to Liverpool.

Looks like there is a video on Daily mail website now of Evra mouthing of racially in regards to some chelsea players. Not surprised by the **** bags lil cry babies antics!

personally

i just don't understsnd how a black person with even a modicum of dignity and self respect would call another black person ******

but what do i know, i'm not black, but as an outsider looking in it is cringeworthey in the extreme

what a two faced man evra is, but is a scum player so is well matched

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4040822.ece

as for the oldham player crying on the pitch because he got called a black *******

dear me :facepalm:

In a report or any article it would have to say Suarez is alleged to have said such things and not Suarez definitely said such things, you didnt make that distinction and just went on a rant criticising anyone connected to Liverpool.

Not really, alleged would have to be used prior to the hearing BUT he has been found guilty of using abusive words of a racist nature (or something to that effect) so the word alleged does not have to be used

A good short blog on this issue by Oliver Holt and I agree with him

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/New-Liverpool-racism-row-The-Adeyemi-incident-is-what-you-get-when-you-summon-the-full-forces-of-tribalism-Oliver-Holt-opinion-article849960.html

The Adeyemi incident is what you get when you summon the full forces of tribalism
By Oliver Holt in Mirror Football Blog
Published 00:01 07/01/12

There is no pleasure in saying this, but Liverpool have begun to reap a little of what they have sown.

When you defend racist language, when you enter into angry denial and summon the full forces of tribalism, this is what you get.

It was only a couple of morons who abused Tom Adeyemi - allegedly using racist language, according to a complaint from the player himself - at Anfield. A couple of fools among a crowd of more than 44,000.

But the aggression with which Liverpool defended Luis Suarez over the last few weeks spread a paranoia and an anger among their fans that always threatened to lead to something like this.

Maybe now the Liverpool board will realise that their stance on Suarez has empowered people like whoever screamed vile insults at Adeyemi.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered other so-called Liverpool fans to send messages to a blameless FA executive, saying they hoped his wife is raped.

Maybe now they will realise it has empowered people to shower black footballers and ex-footballers such as Stan Collymore with the most disgusting racist abuse on Twitter.

Maybe they will deny that Adeyemi was abused, too.

Some will no doubt return to conspiracy theories and say a modern-day version of the Salem Witch Trials is breaking out.

Perhaps they will blame collective anti-Liverpool hysteria, ignoring the fact that there is no anti-Liverpool hysteria and that outside Manchester, most people have only respect for such a great club.

The reality is that, thankfully, players such as Adeyemi are not prepared to suffer in silence any more.

They are not prepared to allow abuse like this to be classed as a necessary part of the game.

English football is desperate to put the Luis Suarez Affair behind it, but such is the bitterness and resentment that has grown up around the issue, it may take a lot longer than we think.

personally

i just don't understsnd how a black person with even a modicum of dignity and self respect would call another black person ******

but what do i know, i'm not black, but as an outsider looking in it is cringeworthey in the extreme

what a two faced man evra is, but is a scum player so is well matched

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4040822.ece

as for the oldham player crying on the pitch because he got called a black *******

dear me :facepalm:

I don't really see how that makes him two faced

I do think it is daft how some black people use the n word with one another, clearly they are not familiar with it's history BUT that does not mean non-black people can use it against them

It may well be soft and girly for the kid to have cried BUT in a way I am glad he did, it will highlight the issue and hopefully be dealt with severely

I don't really see how that makes him two faced

I do think it is daft how some black people use the n word with one another, clearly they are not familiar with it's history BUT that does not mean non-black people can use it against them

evra thinks it's acceptable to call chelsea players niggerr

evra is happy to talk about suarez's sisters vagina in derogattory terms but squeals like a liitle pig when he get's abuse back

evra thinks it is ok to mention ms. suarez's privates to her brother but objects to the referee when suarez talks about the colour of his skin

all pretty 2 faced in my book geordie

having siad that i hope liverpool do deal with it severely they do need to restore some of their respect lost in the suarez affair

with regards to the word ******

as i have said above geordie i just don't understand how a black person with even a modicum of dignity and self respect would call another black person ni***r

but they do, it is used as lyric by black rap artists in a medium which is heard and apparently enjoyed by people of other colour

blurring the lines of who can use it and who cannot and in what context

It may well be soft and girly for the kid to have cried BUT in a way I am glad he did, it will highlight the issue and hopefully be dealt with severely

it's quite pathetic geordie

i have seen players like cyrille regis and ruel fox really take an absolute hammering on the field because of the colour of their skin, not from one loud mouthed bigot but from a terrace full of chanting snarling bigots

never saw those men cry on the pitch

i'm not saying the oldham lad shouldn't complain - he absolutley should and those liverpool fans quite rightly should be banned from attending all matches and face charges - these days it is not that difficult to identify the perpetrators

be interesting to see if lfc deal with racist fans in the same way as offensive players

Last edited:
be interesting to see if lfc deal with racist fans in the same way as offensive players

They get t-shirts made with the fans faces on them?

:))) :))) :)))

Also apparently the supporters that aimed the racist abuse at that Adeyemi were wearing those Suarez t-shirts that the Liverpool players wore :facepalm:

stop stealing my lines

The problem in the crowd is something that has been hidden for a while but it is there none the less (at clubs across the land) I can remember a few years back Mido was abused by some Newcastle fans with the song - 'Mido, he's got a bomb you know'.

The way Liverpool have handled this particular incident has been fine, the Suarez one was really bad PR however the self-righteousness and the crowing from elsewhere is distasteful, too.

Ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has apologised to Patrice Evra for wearing t-shirts in support of Luis Suarez after the Uruguayan racially abused the Frenchman in 2011.

After a two-month investigation, Suarez was given an eight-game ban by the Football Association on 21 December.

A day later, Liverpool wore 'Suarez 7' t-shirts in the warm-up before their Premier League game against Wigan.

Carragher said the club "got it massively wrong".

The former England defender was working in his role as pundit on Sky Sports on Monday alongside ex-Manchester United full-back Evra.

Carragher said: "There is no doubt we made a massive mistake, that was obvious. We got to the ground, had our lunch and then had a team meeting - I don't know if it was the manager (Kenny Dalglish) or (coach) Steve Clarke - asking one of the players if he still still wearing the shirt and that is the first I had heard of it.

"I am not lying and saying I wasn't part of it because as the club we got it wrong and I was vice-captain. I am not sure who was actually behind it. I don't think it had anything to do with the manager Kenny, I think it was the players who were close to Luis in the dressing room who really wanted to support their mate.

"Maybe I have to look at myself now and say I did not have the courage as an individual to say 'I am not wearing it'. I don't think everyone within Liverpool Football Club thought what we was doing was right but I do think as a football club or you as a family, your first reaction is to support them even if you know that they are wrong and that is wrong."

Evra added: "When I saw it I was like this is ridiculous. This is unbelievable. You put your own club in danger when you do those things. You always have to support your player because he is from your team but this was after the ban. If it was before and we were waiting for the sanctioned, I would understand.

"What message do you send to the world? Supporting someone being banned because he used some racist words."

What happened between Suarez and Evra?
In November 2011, Suarez was charged by the Football Association with racially abusing Evra in a 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield one month earlier.

On 20 December, Suarez was banned for eight games following a six-day hearing, during which Suarez was accused of using "insulting words", which included reference to the colour of Evra's skin. The ban was suspended pending an appeal. One day later, Suarez started in a 0-0 draw against Wigan, a game in which he hand his team-mates wore T-shirts with Suarez's name and picture on during the warm-up, in a display of support for the Uruguayan.

Liverpool backed the player in the dispute, saying: "We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone.

"No one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United team-mates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth."

Suarez told media in Uruguay that he "called him [Evra] something his team-mates at Manchester call him".

Evra made his claims immediately after the match and was quoted as telling French television station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

The Football Association's report into the incident, released at the end of December 2011, stated that, after being tackled by the Uruguayan, Evra asked Suarez why he had kicked him, to which the forward replied in Spanish: "Because you are black."

When Evra challenged him to repeat the answer and said he would "punch him", Suarez said: "I don't speak to blacks."

Suarez is said to have used the term "*****" seven times in around two minutes.

On 3 January 2012, Liverpool decided not to appeal against the verdict, but the club maintained Suarez was innocent.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50133876

Luis Suarez's 17-year Uruguay career came to a close as they were held to a goalless draw against Paraguay in a South American World Cup qualifier.

Suarez, 37, announced on Monday that he is retiring from international duty.

He ends as Uruguay's all-time leading scorer with 69 goals in 143 appearances since his debut against Colombia in February 2007.

Suarez and his family gathered on the pitch before kick-off for a pre-game ceremony, including tributes from fans and a video message from Argentina legend and Inter Miami team-mate Lionel Messi.

"Uruguay is bigger than any player. Starting tomorrow I will be another fan," he told the crowd.

Uruguay had 65% possession but struggled to break down a dogged Paraguay defence in a scrappy encounter that included 24 fouls and six yellow cards - including one for Suarez.

The former Liverpool and Barcelona forward had the best chance for the home side but his first-half effort hit the post.

Newcastle's Miguel Almiron had Paraguay's best effort but his shot was saved by goalkeeper Sergio Rochet.

Uruguay were without five players through suspension, including Liverpool's Darwin Nunez and Tottenham's Rodrigo Bentancur, after they clashed with fans during a Copa America defeat by Colombia in July.

The draw keeps Uruguay second in the qualifying table, four points behind Argentina.

Elsewhere, Brazil boosted their flagging World Cup qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win over Ecuador.

Real Madrid forward Rodrygo scored the only goal as the five-time world champions moved up from sixth to fourth in the table, with the top six guaranteed a place at the 2026 World Cup.

Teenage winger Estevao Willian, who is joining Chelsea when he turns 18 next year, made his debut as a second-half substitute.

In Lima, third-placed Colombia needed a late goal from Liverpool's Luis Diaz to earn a 1-1 draw against Peru.

Alexander Callens put Peru ahead on 68 minutes but Diaz headed the equaliser with eight minutes remaining.

BBC

Back