"Magnificent Pakistan end 30 years of pain to triumph in Ahmedabad as they defeat Australia in final" Any believers?

InshAllah
Hopefully we get to Play South Africa in the semi and Australia in the final.
We are winning this World Cup
We won't, we'll face India. India won't lose to nedtherlands or Sri lanka, max they may lose to sa which would put them at no 2 on the board via run rate. Only then we can face sa.

But I don't think India will lose to sa. Knowing India if they win toss they'll bat first. Also their bowling is too good. Tall task to ask them to bazzball against India.

I don't see any team beating India during group stage. Knockout stage yes because India has a chocker nature.

We won't, we'll face India. India won't lose to nedtherlands or Sri lanka, max they may lose to sa which would put them at no 2 on the board via run rate. Only then we can face sa.

But I don't think India will lose to sa. Knowing India if they win toss they'll bat first. Also their bowling is too good. Tall task to ask them to bazzball against India.

I don't see any team beating India during group stage. Knockout stage yes because India has a chocker nature.
India can and will lose to South Africa

We cant play India in the semis. It's better if we don't qualify at all.
Losing to them in a knockout will send me and most of us into deep sadness which can take years to recover.

Losing to them in a knockout will send me and most of us into deep sadness which can take years to recover.

We will beat India this time if we make it.

It's overdue and India are due a bad game aswell.

Firstly, Pray NZ loses to Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Don't worry about rain too much, as it won't be called off, but if it is, we need to beat England and nz needs to lose to Sri Lanka and we'll qualify by virtue of having an extra point.

Secondly pray Afghanistan doesn't come forward lol, as loses their 2 games as they won't lose to nedtherlands.

Lastly brother we are in no conditon to logically beat sa, Aus and India, just gotta keep fluking over and over and catch em on bad days.

The problem here is that unlike 2017 and 1992, we lack confidence and actual players who can pull us through. 2017 had psl superstars and 1992 had world class players despite those early losses.

This time confidence is lacking, only hope is that Abdullah and fakhar and shaheen have found their stride. The rest are a massive worry still.

Firstly, Pray NZ loses to Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Don't worry about rain too much, as it won't be called off, but if it is, we need to beat England and nz needs to lose to Sri Lanka and we'll qualify by virtue of having an extra point.

Secondly pray Afghanistan doesn't come forward lol, as loses their 2 games as they won't lose to nedtherlands.

Lastly brother we are in no conditon to logically beat sa, Aus and India, just gotta keep fluking over and over and catch em on bad days.

The problem here is that unlike 2017 and 1992, we lack confidence and actual players who can pull us through. 2017 had psl superstars and 1992 had world class players despite those early losses.

This time confidence is lacking, only hope is that Abdullah and fakhar and shaheen have found their stride. The rest are a massive worry still.
No if its rained out
Maximum we can reach is 9 points after beating England
and New Zealand would already have reached 9 after the washout. They can go to 11 after beating Sri Lanka

Once we are on a roll, we can literally beat anyone. Be it even the great Australia and West indies teams of the past

No if its rained out
Maximum we can reach is 9 points after beating England
and New Zealand would already have reached 9 after the washout. They can go to 11 after beating Sri Lanka

Once we are on a roll, we can literally beat anyone. Be it even the great Australia and West indies teams of the past

This team would never come close to beating Prime Australia or prime West Indies lol 😂😂, even if it is on a roll. Even current India on a roll would get demolished.

Prime Australia was rocking 380 to 400 scores in the one ball, harsh pp era where wides were also generous, in the current era anything marginally down the legside is a wide even if the batsmen can hit it as well as the amount of ball tampering that alloeed those banana swing yorkers. Those types of scores are equivalent to 500 today XD. And Glenn mcgrath, Shane Warne would tear us a new one.

Atg classic Pakistan on a roll can upset classic West Indies and Australia but once in a blue moon only, not frequently and consistently.

NZ is still ahead in Run rate.

Pakistan best chance was to beat SA , they were close but they made basic blunders , and they are paying for that. They did not bat out full 50 overs.

Afghanistan loss to Bangladesh will haunt Afghans for a long time.

Even if we believe that Pakistan has a chance, first Pakistan needs to get either of Nawaz or Usama Mir sent back and drag Abrar in. The fact that a concussed Shadab is being kept in the team means, Babar is still keeping Shadab priority no.1 for the playing 11.

Second, Shaheen and Rauf to play more games is gonna have an impact on there body. They need some miracle bowler from Pakistan to hop on the plane. Zaman khan is not the solution.

NZ is still ahead in Run rate.

Pakistan best chance was to beat SA , they were close but they made basic blunders , and they are paying for that. They did not bat out full 50 overs.

Afghanistan loss to Bangladesh will haunt Afghans for a long time.
it wont haunt afghans, because afghans were never eyeing to play the KO. If they make it, they make it, but that is no there main priority.

Pakistan to pray for srilanka to win against newzealand. I don't think newzealand will loose to srilanka ...if that happens by any chance then it will be india vs Pak in semis ..cracker of the game.....😍...let's hope

Pakistan to pray for srilanka to win against newzealand. I don't think newzealand will loose to srilanka ...if that happens by any chance then it will be india vs Pak in semis ..cracker of the game.....😍...let's hope
Everybody in NZ team is injured. I doubt they got even 11 players. Their campaign may be well over.

It’s a shame. Pathetic SL could loose by 200 runs. Can’t trust them. Just like India.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be some story if we manage to qualify beat India in semis and win the final. That’s looking way ahead, but it would be unforgettable.

In my dreams. It would probably be a 100x bigger accomplishment than 1992 at this point, but the chances are basically zero.

As a fan though I will just continue to support the boys and hope for the best until the tournament is over.

wrong. During knock out it could be any body's game. did nz choke in 2019 final ? No. Once its knock out, any of the 4 best teams can win.

Everybody in NZ team is injured. I doubt they got even 11 players. Their campaign may be well over.

It’s a shame. Pathetic SL could loose by 200 runs. Can’t trust them. Just like India.
NZ will try to make nz vs pak a close game. That way the run rate will be same and try to trash SL which is in the league of Netherlands now. Advantage NZ unless PAK thrashes them next game

Unlikely but you never know.

Australia or India will win it most likely (my pick is Australia).

yeah whats wrong in hoping but even if we get in semis people will raise their expectations and it might cause a heartbreak that from they will never recover
so its good to hope but please everyone lower your expectations.

I respect and share the sentiment bro, but please put your health as a first priority. At the end of the day, it's just a game of cricket.

Don’t support Babar then.

The only thing I can feel Is new zeland trashing pakistan on Saturday and hopefully this topi drama of "if he beats him and him beats her then we can win" will be over

Love the optimism. One of the main reasons Pak cricket will always thrive. This has all the markings of a repeat of T20 WC last year when Pak was down and out but still made the final. Hoping for Pak to reach SF and can't wait for SA vs Pak semi final. Ind will tug it out vs Aus in other SF. Final Ind vs Pak in Modi stadium and we all know India will bring the cup home this year:) Bring it on!!

Anybody feel a change. A tingle in the air?

Beating India in the semi?

Australia in the final.

Do you believe?
Big resounding no, we cannot beat Ind, our only hope is to not meet India in the semis or the final and hope someone else beat them for us, and this is on top of a very big if that we can even make it to semis.

Love the optimism. One of the main reasons Pak cricket will always thrive. This has all the markings of a repeat of T20 WC last year when Pak was down and out but still made the final. Hoping for Pak to reach SF and can't wait for SA vs Pak semi final. Ind will tug it out vs Aus in other SF. Final Ind vs Pak in Modi stadium and we all know India will bring the cup home this year:) Bring it on!!
Or this could be a repeat of 2019 where we crashed out in the group round in 5th place.

Australia in the final.

Do you believe?
Well the air quality in Ind has been pretty bad with Rohit Sharma complaining about it ! And Joe Root previously as well. Is that what you are talking about regarding the change in air ? ;);)

Now I agree with @Mamoon he was said " It's not Pakistan team fault becouse they were performed what they have capable of but delusion Pakistani fans who are behaving like they are world beaters .

Can’t see it happening, all this being said because we beat Bangladesh and because of NZ losing to SA.

England have nothing to lose, they’ll make sure they go out with a bang.

NZ will bring Williamson back, he’ll take the game away from us.

Can’t see it happening, all this being said because we beat Bangladesh and because of NZ losing to SA.

Actually having Williamson in the camp will benefit Pak massively. They already have an awful "accumulator" Latham, adding Williamson will only increase the misery. You don't want such awkward anti impact batters in a belter like Bengalor. These two will ironically counter the awfulness of Babar. Nz would be wise to play only one of them, just like how Pak can't afford to play all three of RizBar Imam together.

Williamson is a poor ODI player

Last year nobody expected it and it happened.

This year people are obsessively expecting it, so it will not happen. Unexpected things happen when we don't expect.

But we have made it into an 'expected event', so it is not going to happen. Mark my words. Pak will lose to NZ or England or fail on NRR.

Pakistan has less than 5% of qualifying for the semis and we are already dreaming of beating India and Australia in the semis and finals?

It's definitely more than 5%

NZ are down to 11 men and we have finally found a solid line up.

Last year nobody expected it and it happened.

This year people are obsessively expecting it, so it will not happen. Unexpected things happen when we don't expect.

But we have made it into an 'expected event', so it is not going to happen. Mark my words. Pak will lose to NZ or England or fail on NRR.
to be fair, last year we only needed SA to lose one game so it was more than likely. I stayed awake at 4 am pakistan time for that netherlands game.

This year its quite difficult, because pakistan needs to make sure sri lanka, netherlands and afghanistan also losses certain games.

But for now its back in pakistans hands to win the last two games by big margins.

Not happening..even if at best, we somehow get into the semis..it will be again a one sided thrashing by India..already had 2 crushing defeats by India recently, one in Asia cup, one in this WC… enough for a couple of years..cant bear one more..
But in pressure situations, India is useless in KO just like south africa. See the losses over the last 10 years. As long as rohit and kohli are there they will choke in semis or finals.

Australia in the final.

Do you believe?
I believe you will have to wake up from your dream. Even if we think NZ will somehow lose to Pakistan its hard to believe this SL plagued by injuries will win against NZ. Till date in this tournament Pakistan has not beaten even 1 top team and expecting them to beat 2 in a row (even beating this ENG side will be difficult as they will be looking to exit with honour and also CT 2025 qualification in line).

Moreover there is rain prediction on Saturday in Bengaluru from afternoon till night. Remember this is a day match. If this match is rained off then thats is teh end of the story.

We will definitely beat India in ko. I can feel it. If we make it. We won't make it though.

I believe you will have to wake up from your dream. Even if we think NZ will somehow lose to Pakistan its hard to believe this SL plagued by injuries will win against NZ. Till date in this tournament Pakistan has not beaten even 1 top team and expecting them to beat 2 in a row (even beating this ENG side will be difficult as they will be looking to exit with honour and also CT 2025 qualification in line).

Moreover there is rain prediction on Saturday in Bengaluru from afternoon till night. Remember this is a day match. If this match is rained off then thats is teh end of the story.
Nz is not a great team only India have match up issues vs them.

Nz is not a great team only India have match up issues vs them.
This Pakistan team is not great either having obly won against the weakest teams of the tournament. Its a day match so dew wont be a factor so chasing in Bengaluru on day is not a big deal. Moreoevr there is rain poredicted so signs dont look good for Pakistan

This Pakistan team is not great either having obly won against the weakest teams of the tournament. Its a day match so dew wont be a factor so chasing in Bengaluru on day is not a big deal. Moreoevr there is rain poredicted so signs dont look good for Pakistan

Lol Indians can't handle the possibility

Lol Indians can't handle the possibility
Anything is possible in this world my friend. But you need to be realistic too. I would love an India-Pak SF as we dont need to wait for 4 years for 9-0. If you think NZ will lose to SL if not to Pakistan then good luck to you.

Why not? It's possible. Obviously I don't want it to happen as an Indian fan, but if it happens impact on Indian cricket will be similar to Javed Miandad last ball six. Best of luck to PCT.

Now I agree with @Mamoon he was said " It's not Pakistan team fault becouse they were performed what they have capable of but delusion Pakistani fans who are behaving like they are world beaters .
There is a bit of a difference here.

The reason why there is optimism against the odds is that Pakistan fans realise when the team is starting to find it's groove. At the start of the WC it was Mohammad Rizwan and 10 guys.

Then Abdullah turned out to be a solid option at the top.

Shaheen suddenly found his rhythm again.

Mohammad Wasim breathed new life into the bowling.

Fakhar joined the party.

All we need now is Babar to do something special and suddenly we have something resembling a team with matchwinners in it again.

If Pakistan are to reach the semi-finals, then I think one change that needs to be made is having 4 pacers. Hassan Ali has been decent, he can be a decent new ball bowler, alongside Shaheen and Iftikhar, because Haris Rauf gets introduced way too early in the innings. Haris Rauf and Wasim Jr. are middle-order and death bowlers imo.

When looking at the spinners; Salman Ali Agha hasn't bowled a single ball yet, not even against Bangladesh.

The Only Spinner (apart from Iftikhar) is between Usama Mir and Shadab Khan for me. Usama Mir looks more likely to take wickets, but he hasnt taken that many comapred to Shadab Khan. Both of these players seem to have a similar economy of around 6 per over.

So for me, Im deciding who plays based on Batting performances, and Shadab Khan has overall been great with the bat in this World Cup.

1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Babar Azam (c)
4. Muhammad Rizwan (wk)
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Iftikhar Ahmed
7. Shadab Khan
8. Hassan Ali
9. Shaheen Shah Afridi
10. Muhammad Wasim Jr.
11. Haris Rauf

The reason why there is optimism against the odds is that Pakistan fans realise when the team is starting to find it's groove. At the start of the WC it was Mohammad Rizwan and 10 guys.

Fakhar joined the party.

All we need now is Babar to do something special and suddenly we have something resembling a team with matchwinners in it again.
In the last 2 years Pakistan kept winning against minnows and C teams which made its fans think they are world beaters. In fact they even started a trend #theycantplayhim regarding Indian batsmen. Come Asia cup and WC the bubble bursted. Now again in this WC Pakistan lost to all top teams so far and only won against NTH, SL and Bangladesh. Again they are being hailed as match winners. Yes, in theory anything can happen in cricket on a given day just like Pakistan needed 1 miracle last year which happened when SA lost. But this time the permutations are too much. NZ needs to lose both its matches and Pakistan needs to win both. They have ledt it 2 matches too late. If only they had won against AFG the picture would have been different.

There are so many issues that need to be addressed:

1) Fakhar scored against the weakest bowling attack. Will he be able to replicate it against the linkes of Boult, Southee etc.?
2) Spinners are the biggest concern. Usama and Shadab have failed utterly. In Bengaluru 20 overs of Pakistani spin is like a lottery.
3) Rauf leaking runs. In every match since the match aginst IND he has released the pressure. Both Wasim and Rauf are not new ball bowlers which means Ifti or Salman need to bowl in PP.
4) Shaheen picked the first wicket against AUS when it was abpout 250 and then went on to get 5fer when match was literally lost. Against AFG he picked a wicket when scored was 130 chasing 280. If he doesn't pick a wicket in initial overs then its spells disaster for Pakistan as Babar becomes clueless.

I dont mind being proven wrong by the end of the league stage and PAK qualifying for KOs but its a distinct possibility with so many internal and external issues with the team.

Fakhar joined the party.

Yes I agree but let's take one game at time . Pakistan have 5-10% chance of reaching in the semifinals ( I have zero hopes) but fans are even thinking about winning the world cup . This is just delusion.

Yes I agree but let's take one game at time . Pakistan have 5-10% chance of reaching in the semifinals ( I have zero hopes) but fans are even thinking about winning the world cup . This is just delusion.
There is rain predicted in teh match against NZ which can be eitehr good news or bad news. If the match isn't completed and points shared then thats the end of the story. On the other hand if its a truncated match then its advantage Pakistan. Talking about winning the WC is bizarre when they haven't even won 1 match against a decent team since Asia Cup.

There is rain predicted in teh match against NZ which can be eitehr good news or bad news. If the match isn't completed and points shared then thats the end of the story. On the other hand if its a truncated match then its advantage Pakistan. Talking about winning the WC is bizarre when they haven't even won 1 match against a decent team since Asia Cup.
Exactly my thoughts. They yet to beat any top team , beating England and NZ is not a piece of cake even they are struggling . England will play for Champion Trophy spot.

As I said math amd calculus boys calculating nonsense probability 😂😂

Bro thats Pakistan fans in a nutshell.

Like after the rizzu 131 against Sri Lanka I was like okay good innings.

But Pakistan fans were like

- It was a good innings.
- I think rizwan is the best Pakistani wicket keeper batsmen of all time.
- Actually Rizwan is the best wicket keeper in the world and quinton de kock can't even lace his boots.
- Actually rizwan may be top 3 batsmen in the world.
- Actually rizwan is probably the worlds best batsmen
- Actually we believe rizzu is on par with Adam Gilchrist
- Rizzu is already an ATG
😂😂😂

Im not even kidding this fr happened. Me and @TheSultan Fought an entire mafia lol.

Pakistan and it's fans are amazing. Whether you rate them or not , they'll always come in like that small team that everybody is scared of facing.

They'll play like a 15th ranked side for most of the tournament, but with the unwavering support of their mercurial fans and some good luck at a very opportune time, they will wreak chaos with a couple of giant-killing performances.

Neighbours Afghans have been a similiar threat on this World Cup. :yk2

NZ have a short turnaround of 2 days and they are now plagued with injuries .

PAK are on the ascent.

Proper cricketing fairytale stuff.

- It was a good innings.
- Actually Rizwan is the best wicket keeper in the world and quinton de kock can't even lace his boots.
😂😂😂

Im not even kidding this fr happened. Me and @TheSultan Fought an entire mafia lol.

I have never been this confident about India as some of the Pak fans are being confident about Pakistan. May be the habit of being prepared for the worst. Probably under MSD we had some level of confidence as he created an aura that he can pull off miracle from any situation. Won WT20, World cup, CT and also several IPLs. Under Kohli we lost our conifdence. Didn't win any cup or any IPL. Now it is Rohit's turn. Although he is better in LOIs, i am still not confident as we were under MSD. Sure we lost under MSD too. But we mostly lose under MSD when our team is actually really bad.

Nothing wrong in fantasising. I used to dream throughout the 90's of us winning the World Cup. If you told me after our embarrassing exit in the 2007 World Cup that we'd be winning the next one, I would have probably laughed.

- It was a good innings.
😂😂😂

Rizwan is good wicket keeper batsman . he is not best Wk batsman and although I don't like some of his over doing stuff but guys is impactful player .he has capability to become Pakistani best ever wicketkeeper batsman .You guys are underrated him sometimes.
If anyone Play better cricket than deserve the credit no matter what.

I have never been this confident about India as some of the Pak fans are being confident about Pakistan. May be the habit of being prepared for the worst. Probably under MSD we had some level of confidence as he created an aura that he can pull off miracle from any situation. Won WT20, World cup, CT and also several IPLs. Under Kohli we lost our conifdence. Didn't win any cup or any IPL. Now it is Rohit's turn. Although he is better in LOIs, i am still not confident as we were under MSD. Sure we lost under MSD too. But we mostly lose under MSD when our team is actually really bad.
Their is a difference, India dominated 2011, 2013 and even 2007 to some extent. Pakistan never dominates a tournament 😂

Hopefully This Time we will broke the Jinx of not winning any icc Tournaments from a decade.

Rizwan is good wicket keeper batsman . he is not best Wk batsman and although I don't like some of his over doing stuff but guys is impactful player .he has capability to become Pakistani best ever wicketkeeper batsman .You guys are underrated him sometimes.
If anyone Play better cricket than deserve the credit no matter what.
Wdym by You Guys? who's you guys?

As for rizzu, first of I've already said my stance on rizzu time and time again. He's a gun keeper and as a batsmen he's a decent bat who punches > his weight. It doesn't change the fact that the whole team atm is basically a Nokia trying to compete with a bunch of iPhone.

Everyone is outdated except Fakhar and you know their outdated when Mr no 1 is saying that we need fakhar to bat 20 overs to win 😂😂.

Have you ever seen team India say that? No because everyone is modern lol, top 6 are all capable of single handidely winning games by themselves, even the reserves like Ishan Kishan are, the dude has a 200+ lol.

As for becoming Pakistan's best ever wicket keeper batsmen, for that he needs to develop proper cricketing shots. Moin Khan, Rashid Latif and wasim bari played in a one ball era with different pp rules and razor thin bats. Now Adays a miss time gets you a boundary lol.

Those bats didn't allow for slogging lol. Rizwan's hoick over leg and his slog sweep wouldn't work in that era especially considering rizzu struggles when it's spinning with the 2 new balls on spinning pitches, imagine him having to face one ball spin on spinning pitches, he already got exposed on pindi pitches in test. Sri lanka would have eaten him alive.

Only shot he'd be able to play in moin khan's era is the inside out drive lol, every other shot would backfire.

For him to be Pakistan's best ever wk bat he needs to develop proper shots and have keeping skills on the level of wasim bari which he does not and I don't see him developing proper cricketing shots soon lol 😂.

Dominated 2021 T20 WC but Wade done a Hussey

We didn't dominate aus. Babar's 39 of 34 killed everything 😂😂. Their was no pressure, everything was hunky dory, why couldn't he play a bit faster. Its not aus was bowling well if everyone else was bashing.

Their is a difference, India dominated 2011, 2013 and even 2007 to some extent. Pakistan never dominates a tournament 😂
True. india in 2003 world cup beat every single side except Australia. In 2019 world cup India topped the group beating every single team except England out of the 9 matches. In 2015 world cup India topped their group winning 6 out of 6 games. Now in 2023 so far 6 out of 6 games. So there is this underlying fear that we are bound to falter somewhere. India has dominated tournaments and failed at the last hurdle. MSD changed that script. We are still waiting for that magic.

Wdym by You Guys? who's you guys?

As for rizzu, first of I've already said my stance on rizzu time and time again. He's a gun keeper and as a batsmen he's a decent bat who punches > his weight. It doesn't change the fact that the whole team atm is basically a Nokia trying to compete with a bunch of iPhone.

Everyone is outdated except Fakhar and you know their outdated when Mr no 1 is saying that we need fakhar to bat 20 overs to win 😂😂.

Have you ever seen team India say that? No because everyone is modern lol, top 6 are all capable of single handidely winning games by themselves, even the reserves like Ishan Kishan are, the dude has a 200+ lol.

As for becoming Pakistan's best ever wicket keeper batsmen, for that he needs to develop proper cricketing shots. Moin Khan, Rashid Latif and wasim bari played in a one ball era with different pp rules and razor thin bats. Now Adays a miss time gets you a boundary lol.

Those bats didn't allow for slogging lol. Rizwan's hoick over leg and his slog sweep wouldn't work in that era especially considering rizzu struggles when it's spinning with the 2 new balls on spinning pitches, imagine him having to face one ball spin on spinning pitches, he already got exposed on pindi pitches in test. Sri lanka would have eaten him alive.

Only shot he'd be able to play in moin khan's era is the inside out drive lol, every other shot would backfire.

For him to be Pakistan's best ever wk bat he needs to develop proper shots and have keeping skills on the level of wasim bari which he does not and I don't see him developing proper cricketing shots soon lol 😂.
You guys - Pakistan fan's who are not giving him respect that he deserved.
Pakistan cricket team has lots of problems but Rizwan is not include in that list.
Rizwan is 31 year old so he has enough time and Capabilities to become best ever Pakistan WK batsman.

True. india in 2003 world cup beat every single side except Australia. In 2019 world cup India topped the group beating every single team except England out of the 9 matches. In 2015 world cup India topped their group winning 6 out of 6 games. Now in 2023 so far 6 out of 6 games. So there is this underlying fear that we are bound to falter somewhere. India has dominated tournaments and failed at the last hurdle. MSD changed that script. We are still waiting for that magic.
Bro even after 2013 when Dhoni was still captain and in the playing 11 India faltered.

That's not a good metric to measure. Ko stages can be lost if a team has a bad day.

It's not a good metric to measure. Sa is the 2nd best team in the tournament and they lost their only game to nedtherlands due to chasing 2nd choke

Back