India (171/7) hand a crushing defeat to England (103) by 68 runs to secure their spot in the finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

This T-20 WC is there for India's taking. They have every advantage in these conditions. Sharam Kay Doob se Marna Jaana Chahiye if they mess up against South Africa in the final. I do not see how South Africa can deal with India and South Africans are even worse chokers on the big stage.

Had called it midway, India, with their bowling line up that score was too much for England. They are the apex predators of these kinda surfaces.

Both semi-finals have been jokes.

Worst semi-final stage of all time.
What a sad tournament for you.

First, all of a sudden you came out of the cave during India vs Pakistan match, immediately after India was all out for 119, and the rest is history. :LOL:

Next, you were talking about Afghanistan intent against India and Bangladesh's record against Afghanistan in T20 World Cups, blah blah...
Afghanistan sent Bangladeshi fans to oblivion. Both of your favorite teams got kicked out.:qdkcheeky

What's next? Oh yeah, now you need to find some team to support. Yes, you found elite and strong England, and all of a sudden you became a die-hard fan of England:ROFLMAO:, giving some chest-thumping statements until the match starts and now you are talking about warastttt SeMYa fInaLs... lol.

Please keep it up until the final.

Final.in test championship, final in the ODI world cup and final in the T20 world cup. Now cross the barrier

What a sad tournament for you.

First, all of a sudden you came out of the cave during India vs Pakistan match, immediately after India was all out for 119, and the rest is history. :LOL:

Next, you were talking about Afghanistan intent against India and Bangladesh's record against Afghanistan in T20 World Cups, blah blah...
Afghanistan sent Bangladeshi fans to oblivion. Both of your favorite teams got kicked out.:qdkcheeky

What's next? Oh yeah, now you need to find some team to support. Yes, you found elite and strong England, and all of a sudden you became a die-hard fan of England:ROFLMAO:, giving some chest-thumping statements until the match starts and now you are talking about warastttt SeMYa fInaLs... lol.

Please keep it up until the final.
Nice to see some of my fellow Indian PPers recognize this troll for what he is.

Not many Indian PPers know this and few of them even keep engaging him as if he is some knowledgeable poster (which he is not).

This T-20 WC is there for India's taking. They have every advantage in these conditions. Sharam Kay Doob se Marna Jaana Chahiye if they mess up against South Africa in the final. I do not see how South Africa can deal with India and South Africans are even worse chokers on the big stage.
South Africa are unbeaten and they beat England and West Indies to get here.

South Africa are unbeaten and they beat England and West Indies to get here.

Doesn't matter, in these conditions India are favorites. I don't believe they will have any answers to Kuldeep, Bhumra. SA Pace attack will be ineffective in West Indies conditions. I don't see ICC giving a pacy bouncy pitch for the final.

Thank you to all the hopefuls here for your participation. We hope you will be back for the finals :dhoni

Well, reading through this thread, some of my Indian brothers have been pretty cringe. I think I can see where Mamoon's new-found contempt comes from :dhoni

Looks like Moeen Ali is retiring. Saw him sign shirts in the dressing room.

Commiserations to all Pakistani fans, sadly your prayers didn't work today but for your sake let's hope the saffers don't disappoint you

All those Indians that clowned on Sharma when he said he’d have batted first🤡
That was the better decision. All the teams thus far in this tournament that batted first and weren't minnows got the opportunity to score big runs. That's exactly what helped India. It is a difficult ground to chase anything over 150.

Pakistani fans have been supporting Eng and Aus this WC

But interestingly, Pak have lost a WC final to Aus in Eng and a WC final to Eng in Aus :dhoni

How on earth have we been the only ones to give India a proper fight? :ROFLMAO:
It's the pitch. Otherwise it wouldn't have been close. BD almost won against SA and USA caused a few problems to India too on that NY pitch

It's the pitch. Otherwise it wouldn't have been close. BD almost won against SA and USA caused a few problems to India too on that NY pitch

If India had batted sensibly could have won by bigger margin. One o th emost irresponsible batting from India i have ever seen. But on that pitch it was more than enough.

Doesn't matter, in these conditions India are favorites. I don't believe they will have any answers to Kuldeep, Bhumra. SA Pace attack will be ineffective in West Indies conditions. I don't see ICC giving a pacy bouncy pitch for the final.
Yep. India are firm favorites and this is theirs to lose. All the boxes ticked so far. SA have been very good handling pressure but this Indian team is at another level

If India had batted sensibly could have won by bigger margin. One o th emost irresponsible batting from India i have ever seen. But on that pitch it was more than enough.
Don't think so. Last 5 overs was hell to bat. Everybody failed at that stage in every inning

Dominant India through to T20 World Cup final as England crumble

England's ICC Men's T20 World Cup defence is over - and India are through to the final, winning this semi-final encounter by 68 runs.

After some less-than-convincing performances, Jos Buttler's side had got the job done in style to make it out of the Super Eights, with the captain himself putting on an unbeaten 83 against the USA, to add to a fine bowling performance - including a hat-trick from Chris Jordan.

But they could not find a route past India, who have looked inexorable thus far this tournament and have gone unbeaten since they began their campaign.

India made 171/7 and England mustered only 103 all out in response.

Captain Rohit Sharma led the way for India, pulling the innings together after the early losses of Virat Kohli - bowled by Reece Topley for 9 - and then Rishabh Pant, caught by Jonny Bairstow off the bowling of Sam Curran for 4.

Joined by Suryajumar Yadav at the crease, the two put on a fine partnership - not disrupted by the rain that paused play for a little more than an hour after eight overs. They racked up 73 runs between them before Sharma fell to a beautiful piece of googly bowling from Adil Rashid for 57 off 39 balls.

Suryakumar followed in the next over for 47, sending Jofra Archer's slower ball high into the air and finding the ever-reliable hands of Chris Jordan.

Jordan then took the ball himself to make his contribution towards a dramatic few closing overs - which left him with figures of 3/37, and even gave him the opportunity of a second hat-trick of the tournament after removing both Hardik Pandya (caught by Curran for a dangerous 23 off 13) and Shivam Dube (caught by Buttler for a first-ball duck).

He did, however, get a third wicket in the final over, with Axar Patel edging to Phil Salt for a valuable 10.

Openers Buttler and Phil Salt made a solid start, but the combination of Axar Patel and Jasprit Bumrah took the top order apart.

Buttler toe-ended Patel behind into the gloves of Pant for 23 off 15 balls, followed quickly by Salt, bowled by Bumrah for 5.

New batsman Bairstow did not trouble the scorers with his three deliveries before he was bowled by Patel.

And Moeen Ali was out for 8 in ignominious fashion, crawling back to his ground while Pant removed the bails - leaving England struggling on 46/4 before the end of the eighth over.

Curran was next to fall, Kuldeep Yadav thumping him on the front pad as he tried to play across the line.

Harry Brook was valiant in his effort to salvage something from the innings, hitting an admirable 25 off 19 balls before joining the list of Kuldeep's victims.

And he was joined by Jordan two overs later, lbw for a single.

At that point England were 72/7 - meaning they required 100 runs off their remaining 46 balls.

And although Liam Livingstone was still at the crease, he was run out in the next over for 11.

Adil Rashid followed by the same method two balls later for 2, leaving it to Archer and Topley to try and reclaim some dignity, which they did as they ushered England past the 100 mark.

But it was all over when Archer was given out lbw to Bumrah, having made an excellent 21 off 15 balls.

ICC

Well played India. Thankfully the ineptness of Kohli and Dube didn’t cost us the match. Jadeja did well today for a change.

England team needs new faces for the next cycle. Didn’t expect the match to be so one-sided for the most part.

This is probably the end of what was a golden era for English white ball cricket, post 2015

2016- Finalists
2017- Semis
2019- Winners
2021- Semis
2022- Winners
2024- Semis

This is the England of my childhood. Comical, farcical, and out of their depth.
That England never went away to be honest.

They just got to play on some super flat decks where they managed to win a trophy or 2 thanks to absolute luck and backward boundary counts lol.

They resumed normal service once cricket returned to decent wickers of India and now the Carribean. The moment a pitch does something, they fold up like an ant eater.

Can India take a bold move of dropping Kohli for Jaiswal?

I m glad Butler’s catch was taken today, if that ball had traveled far or dropped game could had gone on a different momentum

Can India take a bold move of dropping Kohli for Jaiswal?
They won't even drop Dube. They will consider this as a lucky combo and field the same XI You got Sanju, Jaiswal. Dube was in the side for his bowling a bit. If he doesn't bowl there are like 25 to 30 better btasmen in domestic than him.

The most satisfying thing was to listen to Nasser and Athers wailing in the comm box. They are so biased that it's laughable. Never ever discuss the issues with their own players critically. Always acting as soothsayer

Today also during Ind innings Nasser was harping on why 167 would not be sufficient and that India needed another 15.or 20 to account for the English batting lineup. Anyone with some following and sense of the game would know what happened to Eng last year in India.

The most satisfying thing was to listen to Nasser and Athers wailing in the comm box. They are so biased that it's laughable. Never ever discuss the issues with their own players critically. Always acting as soothsayer

Today also during Ind innings Nasser was harping on why 167 would not be sufficient and that India needed another 15.or 20 to account for the English batting lineup. Anyone with some following and sense of the game would know what happened to Eng last year in India.
Morgan was adamant that India was above par. He knew the ability of these English players on those pitches

I m glad Butler’s catch was taken today, if that ball had traveled far or dropped game could had gone on a different momentum
If Rohit or Surya or Pandya stayed for one more over, the total.would have been 180. One needs to be very skillful on these pitches. Risky shots can get you a boundary here and there but you will always get out. Brooks was the prime example

If Rohit or Surya or Pandya stayed for one more over, the total.would have been 180. One needs to be very skillful on these pitches. Risky shots can get you a boundary here and there but you will always get out. Brooks was the prime example
Brooks really can’t play spin, he has so much to improve can’t be the new fab 4

England knows only one way to play spin - sweep/reverse sweep. They don't have any other game and it was clear that this was not going to work on this pitch unlike those flat roads.

It was embarrassing to see how severely limited they are as a batting unit. The match was literally over by the end of power play. And once Kuldeep started pushing them back it was death knell.

Same thing happened in the test series in India as well. They fluked a win at Hyd with reverse and sweep and thought that batting vs spin on good cricketing pitches would be just as easy. And they found out the hard way and that myth of Bazballing was dismantled.

England knows only one way to play spin - sweep/reverse sweep. They don't have any other game and it was clear that this was not going to work on this pitch unlike those flat roads.

It was embarrassing to see how severely limited they are as a batting unit. The match was literally over by the end of power play. And once Kuldeep started pushing them back it was death knell.

Same thing happened in the test series in India as well. They fluked a win at Hyd with reverse and sweep and thought that batting vs spin on good cricketing pitches would be just as easy. And they found out the hard way and that myth of Bazballing was dismantled.
Any batting line-up would have collapsed to the Indian spinners today.

India usually play Adil Rashid quite well, but he got away with good figures due to the wicket. That in itself proved the pitch was really difficult to bat on, and Sharma and Yadav were smart enough to take advantage of England pacers and score quickly.

Any batting line-up would have collapsed to the Indian spinners today.

India usually play Adil Rashid quite well, but he got away with good figures due to the wicket. That in itself proved the pitch was really difficult to bat on, and Sharma and Yadav were smart enough to take advantage of England pacers and score quickly.
Ind treated Eng spinners carefully so that they preserve wickets and have that go at Enf seamers - especially that joke Jordan.

England had absolutely no plan to counter 12 overs of Indian spin. How many times did a after step out to drive the spinners ? I remember only once in the full innings

Ind treated Eng spinners carefully so that they preserve wickets and have that go at Enf seamers - especially that joke Jordan.

England had absolutely no plan to counter 12 overs of Indian spin. How many times did a after step out to drive the spinners ? I remember only once in the full innings
South Africa will also struggle.

These pitches are not conducive to modern T20 cricket. You have to be smart and skilled to take advantage of these conditions.

Australia, England, New Zealand etc have been exposed due to not having a plan B.

Buttler and Mott need to resign from their respective posts imminently.
How on earth they could not read the wicket is baffling. Buttler basically handed India the game when he decided to field first.

Had England batted first, and any sscore of 150 and the chocking demons would have come back and haunted India again.

After the win, Rohit Sharma in the post-match presentation ceremony:

"Very satisfying to win. Worked very hard as a unit and it was a great effort from all. We adapted really well, conditions were challenging. That's been the success story for us so far. If bowlers and batters adapt, things fall in place,"

"At one stage, 140-150 looked par. But we got runs in the middle, SKY and I were going and thought we can get 20-25 more. 175 was a very good score, bowlers were fantastic. Axar, Kuldeep are gun spinners. Tough to play shots against them in these conditions. They were calm under pressure. We had a chat after the first innings, message was to keep stumps in play. That's what they did. I can set the target in my mind, but I don't want to let anyone know about it, to the batters. They are all instinctive players. I thought 170 was a very good surface."

England should have selected Root and malan for this tournament instead all flat track Bully .

Same for Australia they would have love to Play Smith in this tournament .

Michael Vaugh via his X account said:

"England will have lost 3 out of 4 games to the Top teams so they can’t have any complaints .. Just haven’t been good enough .. on the back of the 50 over WC it just clarifies that England have work to do playing on slower wickets"

"If England had beaten SA they would have got the Trinidad semi and I believe they would have won that game .. So no complaints they haven’t been good enough .. But Guyana has been a lovely venue pick for India"

"India throughly deserve to be in the final .. The best team in tournament so far .. Was always going to hard for England on this pitch, India just so much better on lower slower spinning pitches"

Back