Manchester United FC | 2024/25 Season

I thought Mainoo was the best player for Utd .

Utd are better playing young hungry players , need to rid of the older ones who are on huge wages . I’d get rid of Rashford, Bruno , Casimero , McGuire & rebuild with hungry players.

A long way to go in the season

I thought Mainoo was the best player for Utd .

Utd are better playing young hungry players , need to rid of the older ones who are on huge wages . I’d get rid of Rashford, Bruno , Casimero , McGuire & rebuild with hungry players.

A long way to go in the season

Agree bro. Gooners are confused.com

Desperate Gooners are using deflecting tactics after a miserable performance from Declan which could have already possibly ended their title challenge.

Mainoo is 19years old. If you want to compare Rice at 19 to Mainoo at 19, I won't bother. I'm sure, at that age, Rice was a confused Irish man.
Welcome Back bro. Had me worried for a while there.

How does it feel to get bashed by your biggest rivals at home when they have a new manager in charge but still smashed you in all facets of the game. No Maguire or McTominay to blame. Just a pathetic pathetic team. Shadow of what Man United should be.

Zirkzee just looks like a lump.

Did Bruno play yesterday?

I have lost count of the times Martinez has been in defense for these sort of mauling's yet he is supposed to be bad boy defender?

Onana needs to learn how to position himself.

You guys are such a mess. This a Man United thread so I am talking about what I see with United.

In the words of KK..... I LOVE IT

Desperate Gooners are using deflecting tactics after a miserable performance from Declan which could have already possibly ended their title challenge.

Mainoo is 19years old. If you want to compare Rice at 19 to Mainoo at 19, I won't bother. I'm sure, at that age, Rice was a confused Irish man.
No deflection tactics at all.

Are you eating humble pie with a spoon or knife and fork?

There was. Same yesterday, first 20 mins we were really good. Problem is, as soon as we concede, we just collapse like a pack of cards.
Games are 90 minutes not 20, united team with a backbone of a jelly fish.

Seriously bro. With all your criticism of Arsenal. Your definetly a Spursy in disguise.
Not at all, I have the guts to call things out with my club. Unlike the delusionist in the fan base. Seems united fan base is fully of delusionist as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the terms "rebuild", "project" etc.. so il be consistent as usual.

Ten haag has been in charge 3 season and their is no style of play.

You look at brighton and how many times they have changed managers recently and you can see a clear style of play.

Even Liverpool after 3 games you can see what they are trying to do

It's actually embarrassing that united are literally just putting 11 players out and hoping for best, rather then any sort of tactical plan

Welcome Back bro. Had me worried for a while there.

How does it feel to get bashed by your biggest rivals at home when they have a new manager in charge but still smashed you in all facets of the game. No Maguire or McTominay to blame. Just a pathetic pathetic team. Shadow of what Man United should be.

Zirkzee just looks like a lump.

Did Bruno play yesterday?

I have lost count of the times Martinez has been in defense for these sort of mauling's yet he is supposed to be bad boy defender?

Onana needs to learn how to position himself.

You guys are such a mess. This a Man United thread so I am talking about what I see with United.

In the words of KK..... I LOVE IT
Agree bro. But Even in our worse period. We've managed to win trophies in consecutive seasons.

Last time I checked. Gooners are counting biryani plates as trophies. 🤣🤣

'I left Man Utd to better myself' - Gomes on England call

Angel Gomes says he has been on a "difficult" journey since leaving Manchester United to "better myself as a player and person".

Lille midfielder Gomes is one of four uncapped players called up by interim England manager Lee Carsley for Nations League games away to the Republic of Ireland on Saturday (17:00 BST) followed by Finland at Wembley on Tuesday (19:45).

He joined United in 2006 aged six and progressed through their academy to the first team, but only gained 46 minutes of Premier League experience before joining Lille in 2020.

But the 24-year-old has forged a successful career at the French Ligue 1 side, helping them qualify for this season's Champions League, which has led to a first senior England call-up.

"When I left [Manchester United] it was more the idea to better myself as a player and person," said Gomes.

"Being on the journey I went through I knew eventually I'd be able to create a pathway to be in this position I'm in now.

"It was difficult leaving the club I was in since six and heading into the unknown really for me personally.

"From then it's been an uphill trajectory, but also with a lot of difficulties and difficult moments going through it, but being in this position now makes it all worth it."

England's game in Dublin is the first without Gareth Southgate in charge since September 2016.

Carsley guided the under-21s to the European Championship title last summer with Gomes in his side.

Gomes added, when asked about Carsley: "He's very honest, he's direct with his approach and is close to the squad. And that helps as a player when a coach takes interest in not just you as a player, but as a person.

"He's very easy to speak to. He'll ask you what you think of training sessions, games or pull you aside to see what you think. When a manager puts that confidence in you, you repay it on the pitch."

BBC

Manchester United new stadium plans move forward

Local councils have agreed to work with Manchester United to ensure the area around Old Trafford benefits from plans to redevelop the ground.

The club set up a task force chaired by Lord Sebastian Coe to explore the feasibility of renovating the stadium or building a new one.

Manchester United, Trafford Council and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority have entered into a partnership to ensure the plans benefit the area around the stadium.
Lord Coe said the agreement would "help fully unlock the incredibly exciting potential" of the redevelopment.

Man Utd report net loss of £113.2m for 2023-24​

Manchester United have reported a net loss of £113.2m in the year to 30 June, their latest accounts show.

It follows losses of £28.7m in 2022-23 and £115.5m in 2021-22, and their latest figures take total losses over the past five years to over £370m.

Despite the results, United are not expected to breach the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules because not all spending goes against their calculations and clubs can claim allowances known as 'add backs'.

Under Premier League rules clubs cannot lose more than £105m over a three-year period and Everton and Nottingham Forest received points deductions for being in breach.

"The club remains committed to, and in compliance with, both the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules and Uefa's financial fair play regulations," said United chief executive Omar Berrada.

United's new financial figures cover a period when they finished eighth in the Premier League and finished bottom of their Champions League group, but won the FA Cup.

Last season also saw British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe purchase a 27.7% stake in the club.

United director Sir Dave Brailsford has led a wide-ranging review of club operations since Ineos' co-ownership of the club was confirmed in December.

In July, it was announced United would cut 250 jobs as part of a determination to slash costs.

The club say they expect to save between £30m and £35m over two years from 2025 due to the 'club-wide cost review'.

In addition to the long standing debt of $650m (£496.52m), United also have 'total current borrowings' of £35.6m, and the outstanding balance of the revolving credit facility on 30 June was £30.0m.

United say they expect to generate between £650m and £670m in revenue next year after recording a record £661.8m this year, while wages rose 10% to £364.7m.

United, who will play in the Europa League this season, have won one of their three Premier League games so far.

They signed five players this summer in Manuel Ugarte, Joshua Zirkzee, Leny Yoro, Matthijs de Ligt and Noussair Mazraoui.

Manchester United need to start responding to the demand Erik ten Hag set 13 months ago

Manchester United will be targeting a return to winning ways when they travel to St Mary's to face Southampton on Saturday lunchtime.

Erik ten Hag's side were beaten 3-0 by Liverpool prior to the international break, marking a second consecutive defeat. They were beaten 2-1 by Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium eight days earlier.

The trip to St Mary's will mark the beginning of a relentless period for United; they will play seven times in just 23 days, appearing in three different competitions.

Of the seven fixtures on the horizon between now and the October international break, four of them are away from home. Following the trip to St Mary's this weekend, they will travel to Crystal Palace, FC Porto and Aston Villa.

Each of those four matches will present very different tests for Ten Hag and his players. As ever, though, they will be expected to win each of them.

United's away record in the Premier League under Ten Hag is far from fruitful. Of the 39 away league games he has overseen during his time in charge, he has led United to three points in 16 of them, losing the exact same number.

In 2022/23 - Ten Hag's first season in charge - United turned Old Trafford back into a fortress, winning 15 of their 19 home league games, amassing 48 points. Only Manchester City won more points on their own patch that season.

Away from home, however, United won just eight of their 19 assignments, picking up 21 points fewer. As a result, ahead of United's first away game of last season - a 2-0 defeat at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Ten Hag highlighted the importance of his side improving on their travels.

"Well, this is one of the aims we have for this season, that we have to step up in away games to get more points," he said, speaking in August 2023. "[We want] to bring higher levels, because that is the foundation for, of course, more points."

For the second season running, United picked up 27 points on their travels, winning eight matches. They won just one of their final six away games last term, beating Brighton 2-0 on the final day of the season.

United, of course, faced Brighton in their first away game of this season and were beaten 2-1 at the Amex Stadium last month, courtesy of a last-gasp strike from Joao Pedro. A late lapse in concentration contributed to the Brazilian notching a late winner, once again highlighting the Reds' vulnerabilities on their travels.

Saturday's trip to Southampton, on paper at least, strikes as being a golden opportunity to get a first away win of the season on the board. It is arguably the easiest away game United will have before the October hiatus.

United were thrashed at Selhurst Park in May, losing 4-0, and have not won there since July 2020. Palace have established themselves as something of a bogey team for United and Ten Hag.

Having declared that he wanted United's away record to improve at the start of last season, Ten Hag will be praying for a crop of good results on the road in the next few weeks. So far, it is a demand his players have not heeded to.

Ten Hag still 'needs' Casemiro despite 'bad day'

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag says he is still relying on Casemiro despite the midfielder's "bad day at the office" against Liverpool.

The 32-year-old Brazil international was hauled off at half-time after mistakes led to two goals in the Reds' 3-0 win before the international break.

He will now face competition for a starting spot with £41m signing from Paris St-Germain Manuel Ugarte.

" definitely need him, for sure," said Ten Hag about former Real Madrid star Casemiro.

"Of course I speak with him about the situation, but everyone can have a bad at the office, or do you never have a bad day at the office?

"He is experienced and it’s not the first time, I guess, he has dealt with a bad game and now he has to overcome this one as well.

"But that is normal in life. You have highs and you have lows."

Uruguay international Ugarte is eligible to make his United debut against Southampton on Saturday.

"Such players, in our club especially, you know when you are playing on this level that there is always competition," said Ten Hag.

"Because they also know in this club you can only be successful when you have a squad where you have to cover five leagues.

"You can’t have a squad where in positions we have only one player who can cover this, so you need at least two players in every position who can cover this."

BBC

Back