Millichamp & Hall Original Grade 1 - 1st day : 1st show

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
Millichamp & Hall Original Grade 1 bat.

I received this special bat today. I ordered it online on Sat and it arrived today. Its 1158 grams (touch lighter then I ordered)and bat has fantastic balance and pick ups like a feather.

Tapped it with a mallet & bounced a ball on it and the bat pings really nicely lekin real test will come in the nets but the first impressions are excellent.

Pressing on M & H bat bats is really soft similar to some Asian branded bats and the shapes reminds me bit of MB Malik gold/sarfi etc

Feel free to ask questions and please leave comments. thanks

Pictures

MHbat2.jpg

MHbat13.jpg

MHbat1.jpg

MHbat11.jpg

MHbat4.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice bat Majid bhai. Looks like you have yourself a real belter there.

Looks great bat Majid Bhai! Told you that you would get a good piece :D

How is the finishing ? It looks superb from the pictures, also what handle is it ? Oval ?

Looks great bat Majid Bhai! Told you that you would get a good piece :D

How is the finishing ? It looks superb from the pictures, also what handle is it ? Oval ?

Yes you were right. I never thought I would get a bat with 12 straight grains.

Finishing is decent and the handle quality is awesome its exaggerated oval shaped. The pick up is so light I will need to put on a toe guard, edge tape and scuff sheet to make it touch heavier so it doesnt feel 2 light.

Last edited:
Wow impressive bat Knightrider, for a Original it is very good and looks big as well.

is this deal still on somewhere? cd please advise how can i get this bat or a harlequin.

rehan - you didnt read my post properly & you havnt understood what I meant. I only made a comment on some shapes of M&H bats & nothing was said abt the performance.

Looks damn good Majid. How are you finding the high middle?

thanks bro - The high middle is fine for me because I usually play more off my back foot so it will be ok but I'll see what happens when I use the bat in matches.

Majid Bhai, it came with a bat cover ?

I know its not laminated but on the edge (in the above pictures) the difference in shade raise doubts.

good spot there CD bhai. definitely see the 2 shades. and now having looked at the pics on top, see it there as well.

Majid bhai can u pls clarify?

I doubt there is very much chance of it being laminated.

I can't see M&H courting any sort of controversy.

I'm not directly saying it is a laminated but what I'm saying is that it raise doubts although I'm sure M&H won't do anything like this.

It's absurd to say that bat is laminated. The discrepancy in colour you see on the bat is a difference in finished on the front and back of the bat. The front is likely waxed or applied a clear polycoat to help resist moisture.

Bat is not laminated. Bat is not laminated. It has a wonky grain/blemish on the side and oil makes it look bit darker & different shade in the pictures above but in this picture below you can see more clearly. Digital camera sometimes over exposes the willow, like tiny blemishes look major and if the bat is oiled the camera picks up 2 much detail and shows dark shades/spots but in real this bat looks same shade(frm back,front & side) brand new even after oiling twice it has not really changed much.

mhedge.jpg

Last edited:
I put double layer of edge tape because I fount out the real weight after weighing it and its 1158 grams(2.9lb) its bit light for me & the pick up is already lighter then the dead weight so I added double layer of tape to make it touch heavier. I hope it will go over 2.10 after I fit a toe guard and clear GM proface.

Majid Bhai, why did you oil it? Aren't they oiled when they come from the manufacturer?

I oiled it because I read this on their website and I wanted to see if oiling added little bit of weight.

M & H recommend that you coat the bat all over with two light coats of linseed oil. Lay the bat face up to dry, leaving around 8 hours between coats.

Majid, that bat looks stunning one of the best I have ever seen!
Shame about the shape, middle is much too high. Well from my point of view.

Momin bhai,

I just wanted to ask a question for you, I hope it's okay. But why don't you like high middle bats because don't they suit the types of pitches that you get in Aus eg high and bouncy.

JazakallahKhair. :)

I had to change the grip on this bat because the original chevron grip wasnt that great it feels ok when gloves/hands are dry but when slightly sweaty it starts slipping so I've put an indian scale/snake grip on the bat, its same as english scale/snake but touch more comfy & softer.

Last edited:
may i ask where you bought this from and how much it cost? looks awesome i want same one with 12 straight grains :akhtar

Very sorry I missed your question. I got the bat frm prodirect cricket for £121 inc delivery. I think they have one bat left which is the solution and its around £175

Majid bhai, have you knocked in the bat yet? When will you be actually using it in the nets?

Yes Salman bhai the bat is tayar, I've knocked it in and applied edge tape and gm proface to it. Inshallah tomorrow I will fit a toe guard and then If i go nets on sunday I will try the bat there.

Lekin Salman bhai. yeh M & H bats itne ache nahin jitna ke aap sab sochthe ho. I mean M & H bats are decent but nothing amazing like some people make them out to be on other forums. I wouldnt recommend these to you.

added a picture

My best bat is Matrrixx, it performs + it looks great.

My best performing bats are this season are
1. Matrrixx Gladiator Limited Edition
2. MB Bubber Sher
3. GM+ flare 808/Boom boom 3 star
4. Adidas Incurza MAJID
5. CA plus extra power/kook blade

66766-1.jpg

Last edited:
KR, you haven't used your Boom Boom, Bubber Sher and M&H so how can you say they don't perform?

Your grading system is messed up big time!

How can u grade them right when you havent even used or seen any of my bats in real and you only have seen them in pictures.

I know my bats and I understand how grading works and can judge performance of bats better then anyone here.

If I graded them on looks only then it would have been M & H on top but I graded them on how good the bats perform not how pretty and straight the grains are.

I have used MB bubber in one net practice you can see in the pic it has cracked paint and i applied a fibre scuff sheet to it when i used it then later i removed it to sand it down slightly to remove the varnish/paint off it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having enough bats to warrant a top 5.

But then it would probably just be five of the same model.

I wouldn't mind four additional copies of the Hero DXM upstairs, although I'm leaning towards the Icon/Flare these days.

I wouldn't mind four additional copies of the Hero DXM upstairs, although I'm leaning towards the Icon/Flare these days.

Do you ever find the middle of the Hero to be too low, particularly since you play on Astroturf?

Not bad, my club mate has Icon LE and it feels very nice and very tempting.

I finally broke the shackles and ordered one today, what a relief!

Beautiful stickers to go with the bat!
Imagine wearing the pakistani jersey and then playing with this bat! Matching colors and what not.
Grains are amazing too...but its profile grabbed my attention the most.
Would love to hold it and see what the pick up feels like. It seems like I wont have to wait for too long, since CD is getting one soon.

Cheers bro! Will post a review once it arrives.

Actually I'm ordering it along my friends and I ordered it from Mapperly Sports in UK.

I hear Hagee Sports got loads of new GM along Newbery's

CD bhai first of all mubarako on the Oblivion and now the Icon, hope they play excellent for you.

Which model is your Icon going to be, 2011 or 2010?

These are going for 108 pounds at prodirectcricket.

They are on "backorder" but are apparently due in on the 20th. I've ordered one.

I think the Originals are all grade 2. The one posted above looks pretty good though. For 108 pounds, hard to go wrong though.

It's actually a bit less than 100 pounds, if you order from outside UK (subtract VAT).

^Yes but then customs, shipping etc increases the price.

What I'm confused is that SPC are still selling these bats despite being on backorder? I don't think M&H would give them a off-season price now would they? :20:

thanks bro - The high middle is fine for me because I usually play more off my back foot so it will be ok but I'll see what happens when I use the bat in matches.

Am thinking of buying this bat but the high middle slightly puts me off a little bit because am more of a front foot player and the pitches i will play on most likely are not too bouncy, how has it performed for you? front foot shots etc.. Thanks brother

These are now available in both low middle and high middle options if you look at the website mate :)

These are now available in both low middle and high middle options if you look at the website mate :)

Thanks mate, just emailed prodirect to see if they have that version, but still intrested in seeing how the high middle plays out

Last edited:
Pro-direct are always out of these . I tried getting one last year--- did not happen. I hope you have better luck :)

That is one beautiful bat....although I love the bat warmer more...so classy!!! I doubt if the bat would ever wanna come out of it and get hit by balls!! :p

That is one beautiful bat....although I love the bat warmer more...so classy!!! I doubt if the bat would ever wanna come out of it and get hit by balls!! :p

Aww bless her she's a bit shy :akhtar

Last edited:
Pro-direct are always out of these . I tried getting one last year--- did not happen. I hope you have better luck :)

lol i ordered one today the 2.10-2.12 version and once the order had been confirmed the status of it was out of stock!!!!! ive emailed them to see how long it will take before i get it because if i don't am going to cancel my order as i need a bat asap to start the pre-season training!..... I feel like i won't get it :( since you never had luck but i guess i can hope:misbah

They should reply you soon and tell you if they have it in stock or not and they will also tell you how long it will take to ship one out.

Back