Mohammad Amir Speed watch (International Games)

Bowled at a great pace, but he hasn't looked threatening at all and was probably lucky to get away with a few full tosses at the end (deserves some luck for the dropped catch in the first match).

That line outside off would be an excellent Test match line to bowl.

Not going to be as successful in LOI's.

Well there was no swing for any bowler... None of the bowlers looked threatening on both sides...

Difference is its so easy to bowl at Pakistani batsmen who cannot play length delivery on flat wicket, little bit a bounce and they are dud...Even Anderson was looking like Strac to them...

NZ was so confident at our batters, they started with their second tier bowlers in power play and kept main bowlers for middle overs...

Let see how we play in Odis... I still think four front line bowlers is only way forward for Pakistan, which include Wahab, Amir and Irfan plus a spinner or Gul depending upon wicket...

Plus they need to go back to Yorkers that is bad strategy, SL and Pakistan won t20 WC on Yorkers, they still work, just need to focus on them and use them as strategy rather than one off variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is some good speed by Amir and he makes it look effortless with his action. He is similar to Steyn in that regard, in the 135-145 range with effort balls that can cross 150. And I think that it is also the best range for a swing bowler. Seamers can afford to be in the 130s but not bowlers like Amir, at least if they want to be successful in non-assisting conditions.

Cook looks good , but real test will be next few innings when opposition will work him out.

Very good for SA in progress here. They need to make sure they keep wickets in tact.

143kph fastest i've seen from him today ? Comfortably ahead of Irfan and generally faster than Wahab as well I think (didn't catch most of Wahabs spells)

143kph fastest i've seen from him today ? Comfortably ahead of Irfan and generally faster than Wahab as well I think (didn't catch most of Wahabs spells)

142 was his fastest today and on average he was quicker than wahab but wahab bowled 3 deliveries at 143 kph and 1 at 146 kph.

Yea, bowling faster than even Wahab on average lol.

142 was his fastest today and on average he was quicker than wahab but wahab bowled 3 deliveries at 143 kph and 1 at 146 kph.

There was definite 143kph from Amir

Noted by Cricinfo

Screenshot_2016_01_24_at_11_48_03_PM.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mohammad Amir very impressive today. Speeds in his last over:<br>86.1mph<br>89.4mph<br>89.0mph<br>89.7mph<br>90.6mph<br>6th ball was a slower ball<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/772420526098747392">September 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Speed is seriously down.

Rhythm is down.

Bowling arm isn't finishing like this (shoulder body rotation)

Wrist position is faulty

Back revolutions on ball are very low so no or minimal swing.

Seam position for the deliveries going with the angle against right hand batsman is not upright.

Since his Ban ended he did not bowl a No ball in Grade 2, Fc, T20 and International Cricket for more than 1 year but now in last UAE series and here in NZ he has bowled some huge No Balls.

Back him to come back to his best. (Asia Cup gave signal)

Work needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he isn't flicking his wrist at the point of the delivery. Rhythm is also bad.

I think speed gun is showing less speed. How much is boult speed?

Big Amir Fan he lacks rhythm and WTH is he bowling no balls ? Coaches need to look after him here in NZ and UAE he is getting away with it because their is no Crowd to boo him but if he bowls a Noball in front of 70k People on Boxing Day test at MCG they are going to Boo him and abuse him beyond his imagination

I think speed gun is showing less speed. How much is boult speed?

Boult has been bowling in the 130-135 range. There is nothing wrong with the speed guns, in fact they are more accurate than the ones being used in Asia.

Boult has been bowling in the 130-135 range. There is nothing wrong with the speed guns, in fact they are more accurate than the ones being used in Asia.

Boult bowled at almost the same speeds in India on the recent tour!

Back