Most dramatic matches in ICC T20 World Cup history

jnaveen1980

Test Star
Runs
I have been watching world T20 since 2007.

WT20 2007 Final - India vs Pak ebbs and flows
WT20 2010 Semi Final - Australia vs Pak (Back to the wall win by Australia)
WT20 2016 Final - England vs West Indies ( Probably craziest finish)
WT20 2022 - India vs Pakistan (Lot of twists and turns)

Finally

This match

WT20 2024 - Afghanistan vs BD beat all of them should i say. Upto a point 3 teams in the fray. Then rain the target adjustment BD up BD down Rain BD up BD down Rain... This gotta be the most dramatic i have ever seen right from the beginning. Atleast other matches had dramatic moments in parts. This entire match was a drama. Did not move from my Bed.

2007 Ind v Pak in group stages when tied

2016 - Ind v Ban

2012 - Ind v Sa

Pakistan vs India both matches of World T20 2007. Both teams did not want to give up and after the debacle we had in the World Cup 2007, the fight that we put up in the World T20 was just amazing. I remember that Ramazan and it was the best cricket season i ever had as a kid

USA vs Pakistan was by far the best game of this WC. Final was also dramatic but not more than USA Pak game.

USA vs Pakistan was by far the best game of this WC. Final was also dramatic but not more than USA Pak game.
Dream match

It started from the USA national anthem. That just makes everything so epic! It just pumps up random US nationals who ain’t got a clue about the game but they know they want to beat Pakistan

This had all the drama. First India 34/3 Then they recovered. Then the run out. Then DUbe again. Then SA 12/2 Then 70/3 Again a recovery and dominating position for SA. INdia comes back. Outstanding catch in betwee. Everything was there.

144WWW - I don't think there is any other match besides this one where you can guess the match just by an instance of a scorecard. Despite yesterday's game, I still beleive this is a greater choke with a solitary run required at one stage for super over.

Back