Multan Sultans (209/5) defeat Lahore Qalandars (206/5) by 5 wickets in Match 3 of PSL

Rizwan gonna rule Pakistan cricket...hard to believe such a down to earth champion cricketer have hater in his own country....

Why is Shaheen so reluctant to bowl himself now? There is hardly any runs to play with. A 20 run over on Weise is curtains!

Shaheen showing once again why he cant bowl at the death. Match losing over.

On this pitch

Fakhar>>> Rizwan

Case closed

For the record no issues with fakhar happy for him, same time happy with rizzy done his job for the team and happy for shaan who's performance should end sharjeel international career once and for all, all positives for pakistan

For the record no issues with fakhar happy for him, same time happy with rizzy done his job for the team and happy for shaan who's performance should end sharjeel international career once and for all, all positives for pakistan

Apart from Rana and Sharjeels family, every one else knows his career is over.

Well Played Rizwan...The Run Machine...One more match winning knock..Whatte Player..

Wiese, Samit and Dunk are the worst overseas players as a collective bunch.

Harris is more important than Shaheen in T20is. Shaheen is a one over bowler and then loses the plot.

Multan tailing off like pakistan normally do when babar and rizzy get-out, masood need to finish the job

Who does Shaheen think he is?

He isn’t fit enough to tie the shoe laces of legendary death bowlers Gul, Malinga and Bumrah. He is so worthless outside the powerplay!

Rauf bowling in the slot.

Every time he does that he gets smashed.

Who does Shaheen think he is?

He isn’t fit enough to tie the shoe laces of legendary death bowlers Gul, Malinga and Bumrah. He is so worthless outside the powerplay!

Shaheen has just single handedly turned the game around

Stunning comeback from LQ. Credit to SSA here. Bowled quite well but there was some shocking batting.

Terrible innings by Maqsood.

Killed the flow of the innings, poor running between the wickets and out when it needed him to stay to the end.

Terrible innings by Maqsood.

Killed the flow of the innings, poor running between the wickets and out when it needed him to stay to the end.

And to think he almost ended up in the T20 World Cup squad!

Harris is rolling back the clock here! Vintage Harris bowling spell here

All bad balls in last over. Didn't even go for a yorker.

Well tried Shaheen though.

Typical Lahore performance. Shoddy team, led by shoddy management.

Great win for MS

This is why the drop catch by Hassan would have made no difference

Rauf would have been smashed for 20 in the last over by Stoinis anyways

Lahore needs to look at their overseas players and captain asap, could be another long tournament for them otherwise

Great win for MS

This is why the drop catch by Hassan would have made no difference

Rauf would have been smashed for 20 in the last over by Stoinis anyways

Agreed. Can't rely on Rauf to defend 20 off the last over in any situation.

gH8lAM0.jpg

All bad balls in last over. Didn't even go for a yorker.

Well tried Shaheen though.

Shaheen Deserved batter last over, And I never thought Harris could be bad enough to get this treatment from A grade hack like Khushdil, But this brainless version of Harris proved us wrong, Harris better get some consitency and even on bad days should never be this Bad, otherwise Pak T20 team should start searching for Alternative, When you can bowl those damn 150 kph yorkers why even stress your Pea Size brain with other stuff Harry.

Not gonna lie, that was an awesome game to follow on cricinfo!

45 off 4 overs needed.

2 experienced T20 bowlers, they should be doing better than that.

Really poor bowling.

Knives already out on Shaheen, Matlab Khuch b, cut the guy some slack for Godness sake.

The matlab is this a young pacer who clearly still needs to work on his bowling as brilliant as he is, there's no need to play him in every game like pak do, nor is there any need to put further pressure on him by making him a captain for marketing reasons of a pyjama league, how many teams has he captained before let him focus on his bowling

Mohammad Rizwan | Winning captain: If you keep things plain and simple then it becomes easy. We allowed them to get more than what we would have liked but our batters were up for the chase. We had to be smart when batting against Rashid and that's why we took a lot of ones and twos, that kept the scoreboard ticking.

Shaheen Afridi | Losing captain: Match was good. Credit goes to Rizwan and Masood for giving them that start. It was our first match and we have to work on some of our bowling. We need to nail the yorkers and be smart with our variations.

Shan Masood | Player of the Match: The basics mattered. We played a similar practice game against Zalmi 3-4 days ago. We went about with the same thing. We respect class bowlers upfront and then we go after the bowlers once we are settled. He (Rizwan) makes you run a lot and it is a proper lung test when you are batting with him.

Shaheen Deserved batter last over, And I never thought Harris could be bad enough to get this treatment from A grade hack like Khushdil, But this brainless version of Harris proved us wrong, Harris better get some consitency and even on bad days should never be this Bad, otherwise Pak T20 team should start searching for Alternative, When you can bowl those damn 150 kph yorkers why even stress your Pea Size brain with other stuff Harry.

Haris Rauf bowled international players out in the WT20 and had a great. But he got smacked for boundaries by Khushdil. What does this mean. Khushdil is a GOAT?

He just needs to get back to strength and bowl yorkers. Plus with a guy like him and his age you can't change everything and because of his pace he can be expensive as well. That's why bowlers like him can you games but can also go for plenty. Lets see how he makes a come back. I think he'll turn around and have other good performances.

45 off 4 overs needed.

2 experienced T20 bowlers, they should be doing better than that.

Really poor bowling.

I don't think they had it under control to begin with. Game was out of their hand after they weren't able to take the wickets in the first 10 overs. The current wicket is too good for batting. Shaheen did bowled a great penultimate over but unfortunately Rauf failed to step up in his last over.

Rauf and hasan (vs Aus) have proved time and time again death bowling is abysmal. something needs to improve before world cup in Aus.

Karachi looks like it will be a bowlers graveyard with teams chasing down big totals all the time.

A dominating 150-run stand between openers Shan Masood and Mohammad Rizwan followed by a scintillating finish by Khushdil Shah, in which he struck Haris Rauf for three fours and a six on the first four balls of the final over, handed Multan Sultans a five-wicket win over Lahore Qalandars. This is Multan’s second win in as many matches after they defeated Karachi Kings on the opening night of HBL Pakistan Super League 2022.

Shan and Rizwan made 83 off 50 (14 fours and a six) and 42-ball 69 (six fours and three sixes) respectively and put together the highest partnership for any wicket for Multan to set the platform to surmount a mammoth target of 207.

Khushdil who arrived at the crease on the edge of the last over when Shaheen Afridi dismissed Tim David on the last ball of the penultimate over, spanked three fours and a six to chase down 16 off the last over with two balls spare.

Other performers:

That Lahore Qalandars had set such a high target was due to Fakhar Zaman’s blistering 76 that he scored a strike rate of over 217. The left-hander smashed 11 fours and two sixes and added 89 runs for the first wicket with Abdullah Shafiq in 8.3 overs.

Kamran Ghulam built on the solid start, scoring 43 off 31 balls.

That the match went down the wire was because of the extraordinary penultimate over that Shaheen bowled. The winner of the ICC Sir Garfield Sobers trophy picked up two wickets and gave away only one run to leave 16 for the last over.

Quotes:

Shan Masood - It was important to not look at the scoreboard and respect the class bowling attack that Lahore Qalandars have. Once we got in, we made sure we don't face many dot balls, stick to our strengths, and keep attacking. And, I think we did that very well.

It is quite a task [to be an opening partner of Mohammad Rizwan]. He makes you run to the max, you are always out of breath, but I think his understanding of the game and where he is at with his game, that is impeccable and it makes life easier for someone like me.

He is the best player in the world right now when it comes to T20 cricket or maybe even all formats. He makes life easier for you. I started a bit slow and he took the onus on him. He took the attack to the opposition and it just made my life easy. Once I got going, I tried to carry the momentum. He is one of my favourite partners. We get along well on and off the field, and I hope we can continue performing for MS together.

Scores in brief:

Lahore Qalandars 206-5, 20 overs (Fakhar Zaman 76, Kamran Ghulam 43, Abdullah Shafique 24)

Multan Sultans 209-5, 19.4 overs (Shan Masood 83, Mohammad Rizwan 69; Shaheen Afridi 3-40)

Highlights

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/xwu7uw" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Credit to Khushdil for hitting the ball on the onside
match winning Innings

Back