Multan Sultans owner Alamgir Tareen passes away at 63

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
July 06, 2023: Pakistan Super League franchise Multan Sultans owner Alamgir Tareen died at the age of 63, by suicide at his home in Lahore. According to a report on ESPNCricinfo, the Police found a suicide note on the site. Meanwhile, the reason behind his suicide is not known yet.

PSL franchise Multan Sultans released a statement on Twitter after Tareen’s demise.

“It is with deep sadness that we share the news of the passing of our beloved team owner, Alamgir Khan Tareen," a Multan Sultans statement said on Twitter. “Our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Tareen’s family. We request you all to kindly respect his family’s privacy. May his soul rest in eternal piece."

Lahore, 8 August 2023:

Pakistan Cricket Board Management Committee Chairperson Zaka Ashraf and board officials today visited the grieving families of late Alamgir Tareen and late Ijaz Butt to express his heartfelt condolences.

Zaka Ashraf met Jahangir Tareen, Alamgir’s elder brother, and expressed his profound sadness on his passing. He praised Alamgir's dedication and unwavering commitment to promote sports at every level through Multan Sultans.

Alamgir was the owner of Multan Sultans and under his ownership, the franchise bagged the HBL PSL title in 2021 before going on to play the finals of the 2022 and 2023 editions.

On his visit to Ijaz’s house, Zaka spoke warmly of his long-standing relationship with the former PCB Chairman and recognised his services to the sport as a cricketer and administrator.

Ijaz, a former wicketkeeper-batter, played eight matches for Pakistan from 1959 to 1962. He served as the Secretary of the Board for Control of Cricket in Pakistan, the forerunner to the PCB from 1984 to 1988.

He was the PCB Chairman and ICC Director from 2008 to 2011.

This was shocking.

Has there been any news as to why the man decided to take his own life?

This was shocking.

Has there been any news as to why the man decided to take his own life?
They said he left a suicide note in which he mentioned he had a skin disease and thats why he decided to do suicide.

He was not married and was soon to get married at the end of this year. It was shocking. I wonder if the agencies were involved, considering he was the brother of Jehangir Tareen.

Who will own Multan Sultans now?

Who will own Multan Sultans now?
No one really owns the whole team as shares are usually divided. I think the tareens used to own the team in the past. However, if he held ownership than his shares would pass to the brothers directly, who may decide to hold on to it and transfer it to Jehangir Tareen's son or sell it

They said he left a suicide note in which he mentioned he had a skin disease and thats why he decided to do suicide.

He was not married and was soon to get married at the end of this year. It was shocking. I wonder if the agencies were involved, considering he was the brother of Jehangir Tareen.
Well I can think of only one person who would benefit from his untimely demise.

Very sad when i heard a few weeks ago. Educated intellectual guy with so much to offer for the Sultans.

May Allah forgive him for his shortfall grant him Jannat.

The sultans have been an exciting and competent franchise despite being the newest, so he leaves a very good legacy.

Lahore often gets solo credit for fast bowling talent but the sultans introduced us to Dahani, Ihsanullah and abbas Afridi

May he rest in peace.

Back