My Cricket Club Season

shahidafridi123

ODI Debutant
Runs
Well, Here am I going to tell you about my cricket season and results etc. I find it hard to chose to bowl spin or fast as I am good in both. I am a good allrounder at number 3/4. My batting average is 53.66 from the club stats. I bowl a very good line and bowl dot balls but struggle to take wickets. When I bowl spin it turns but doesn't give me wickets. I have decided that I will bowl fast next game, but mix it with slower balls, do you think it will work?? That match is very important since if I do well I can be selected in the swiss national team!!

Our record is very bad, being a new team. We have played 13 matches and won only 4. One of them was a close won where we lost by 1 run.

average of 54 :O

are you facing indian pacers in switzerland :yk

Well, Here am I going to tell you about my cricket season and results etc. I find it hard to chose to bowl spin or fast as I am good in both. I am a good allrounder at number 3/4. My batting average is 53.66 from the club stats. I bowl a very good line and bowl dot balls but struggle to take wickets. When I bowl spin it turns but doesn't give me wickets. I have decided that I will bowl fast next game, but mix it with slower balls, do you think it will work?? That match is very important since if I do well I can be selected in the swiss national team!!

Slmz,your batting avg is very impressive. With regards with whether you should bowl spin or fast/medium, which do you enjoy doing? Which are you better at according to your stats? Can't you mix it up? Also you should try to find about your opposition, maybe the last few times you played, they were good players of spin & that's why you couldn't get wkts. If you see a batsman is struggling against spin,bowl spin,if not bowl fast. Depends to which batsman you bowling, sometimes the middle order batsman are good players of spin as compared to the openers,if that's the case,ask the captain to give you a chance at another position bowling. You have to also analyze your situation & focus on your strength with your bowling and also work on your weakness. As you are a fan of Afridi, i would think you'd want to bowl spin- if that's true watch video clips of spinners and try to implement and see what you good at. Sometimes by trying out different deliveries you might be hit more runs but you'll figure out the batsmans weakness & dismiss him,it seems like you are a very defensive bowler,i might be wrong but if so than be more aggressive and attack. You need to decide what you want to bowl & concentrate on that. Hope that helps.

Slmz,your batting avg is very impressive. With regards with whether you should bowl spin or fast/medium, which do you enjoy doing? Which are you better at according to your stats? Can't you mix it up? Also you should try to find about your opposition, maybe the last few times you played, they were good players of spin & that's why you couldn't get wkts. If you see a batsman is struggling against spin,bowl spin,if not bowl fast. Depends to which batsman you bowling, sometimes the middle order batsman are good players of spin as compared to the openers,if that's the case,ask the captain to give you a chance at another position bowling. You have to also analyze your situation & focus on your strength with your bowling and also work on your weakness. As you are a fan of Afridi, i would think you'd want to bowl spin- if that's true watch video clips of spinners and try to implement and see what you good at. Sometimes by trying out different deliveries you might be hit more runs but you'll figure out the batsmans weakness & dismiss him,it seems like you are a very defensive bowler,i might be wrong but if so than be more aggressive and attack. You need to decide what you want to bowl & concentrate on that. Hope that helps.
Thank you for that, I will work on what you said, my next match is Feb 05 which IF I do well will take me into the swiss team!!

its simple play each ball on its merits.

Or he could try and hit every ball out of the park:afridi

....works for me, when i think of playing every ball on its merit i become too defensive which leads to a mental block and confidence being lowered, bat with a free spirit!

Good. Did you bowl spin or fast & have you decided which of the 2 you are better at & enjoy or are you still experimenting?

Last edited:
I think Shah is talking to SAPak fan
and more importantly well done on yor performance, how are your chances with the national team. Goodluck

I think Shah is talking to SAPak fan
and more importantly well done on yor performance, how are your chances with the national team. Goodluck

Oh ok, JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING I'M IN THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow congratulations!
Hope u made sajdah e shukr¤)
Hope you make the best of your opportunity,always work harder & don't neglect your religous duties. Sorry for the bayaan i'm sure you deserved the spot,hope you don't lose interest in Pakistan team now & don't forget your fellow pakpassioners.
*If shazaibfan has a problem with me,then i wonder what i've done too. Anyway maaf if i've hurt anybodys feelings on this forum.*

Thanks dude!! I will try me best!! We are going to Luxembourg in May and then the big tour to England but unfortunately won't be able to go to England because its in the summer break and I go to Pakistan :(

Are you allowed to do that isn't there a obligation of being availale for ever match?
Oh well what you have achieved is amazing keep it up and continue to improve

Missed the indoor tourney since went for holiday, we came 2nd, lost the final to Zurich.

Luxembourg getting close!! Can't wait :yk

Missed the indoor tourney since went for holiday, we came 2nd, lost the final to Zurich.

Luxembourg getting close!! Can't wait :yk

buddy if you are serious about this, then sod the holidays etc and just concentrate on doing well for the swiss team. If i was in your position, i would come to the UK rather than swelter in the heat in Pakistan. You will be playing cricket on some beautiful grounds here and it will help you immensely as a player.

^adding to that only go to UK if you have a decent offer lined up (i doubt you will be playing county or 2nds but you could play in a decent league)

buddy if you are serious about this, then sod the holidays etc and just concentrate on doing well for the swiss team. If i was in your position, i would come to the UK rather than swelter in the heat in Pakistan. You will be playing cricket on some beautiful grounds here and it will help you immensely as a player.

yes I thought about that but my family is in pakistan and im really looking forward to see them, i feel lonely without them...yes its tempting but my family is first, then cricket.

Played a match today. We bowled first and didn't do well. 15 over match. They scored 173 and we knew it was too hard. We only took 4 wickets, but I played a part in all of em. I bowled one, caught one, run out one and bowled another one. I opened the batting and got 58* till the end but we ended up on 172. 8 were needed off the last ball and luckily a no-ball from the bowler and I hit it for six. Feedback will be appreciated.

Played a match today. We bowled first and didn't do well. 15 over match. They scored 173 and we knew it was too hard. We only took 4 wickets, but I played a part in all of em. I bowled one, caught one, run out one and bowled another one. I opened the batting and got 58* till the end but we ended up on 172. 8 were needed off the last ball and luckily a no-ball from the bowler and I hit it for six. Feedback will be appreciated.

Who was your match against by the way?

good xmas played really low score you got in common sense of knowledge and diplomatic interest in someone's life not mean people are you wish to speak and talk about stuff no no no uk sport really good runs against you must sound really be you know after you messed up and also I would like to send this is amazing where do whatever I want a new york talk to people

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Who was your match against by the way?
Zurich, 2nd match of series this saturday
good xmas played really low score you got in common sense of knowledge and diplomatic interest in someone's life not mean people are you wish to speak and talk about stuff no no no uk sport really good runs against you must sound really be you know after you messed up and also I would like to send this is amazing where do whatever I want a new york talk to people

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry?

Well there is this guy called Ruwan who is really impressive bowls very fast and scores 50's regularly its probably him

Came back from Luxembourg.....

Match 1, Vs Belgium:

We had to play with a pink leather ball for Belgium :facepalm:, I took 2 wickets(bowled) but didn't get to bat. We won by 136 runs, thrashed them.

Match 2, Vs Switzerland A:

There were 2 Swiss teams since there were allot of players. I bowled 2 more in my first 2 balls and was on a hat-trick, and.....bowled...wait, hit the stumps but bails didn't move. I was half way through my celebration....
Ronaldo-silly-celebration.jpg
when the umpire told me "not out". We won by 70 runs, quite easily. Got to bat for 1 ball and scored 3(it was the last ball). I also sledged a bit in this match, some of the players from my club(basel). :yk

Match 3, Vs Luxembourg:
This was the final, and it was the 2 best teams facing each other. We got them down to 21/5. I took a wicket on my last ball of first over,bowled again. They got to 53/8 in 20 overs at the end. I took a wicket on my last ball of last over(guess what? bowled). I didn't get to bat, and we thrashed them by 10 wickets!! We raced onto the pitch has the openers hit the winning runs! First cup win for me!

MOM: I also got award for best bowler, taking 6 wickets.

Played my first practice match this season, and loved it, got 4 wickets and scored 49(24) with 5 sixes and 2 fours. :in

Last edited:
Good to hear mate. Hope you do well here and get selected for Senior Swiss national team!

Slmz, congrats on your achievements. Are you bowling spin or fast now & have you set your mind on it or are you still mixing it up?

Played again yesterday, got my first ton in Basel colours! Got 113(93) in our ODI friendly against Cossonay. We won by 10 runs, got 3 wickets, all bowled! Also got MOM

Back