Name the greatest chucker in the history of cricket

Who is the greatest chucker in the history of cricket?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Chucker is a term used in the realm of cricket to describe a bowler whose bowling is deemed illegal or is such in which bowler straighten his arms to a degree not permissible by ICC.

Historically Pakistan bowlers have always been on this hit list, like Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Akhtar etc but there are many other big names in the world of cricket too that have been alleged for chucking like Muttiah Muralitharan, Harbajhan Singh, Shaun tait etc.

So in your opinion who was the greatest chucker in the world of cricket that remained under the radar despite glaring chucking.

Guys please share some serious contenders name here so we could start a poll.

Ashwin and Harbhajan my picks, people name bumrah also but so far i think its just misleading

Ashwin because he never got caught like the pink panther

Just like searching for grainy images of Ashwin and Bumrah you can search for Shaheen as well.
I want Shaheen yo he tested why can't ICC test him?
I’m pretty sure Shaheen’s elder bro Riaz Afridi had a dodgy action

Shabbir Ahmed could have been Pakistan’s toofan bowler in overseas tours to England, South Africa and New Zealand

Sad ending, he was called for chucking too.

Shahid Afridi’s 80mph surprise ball usually was a Chuck too

That's unanimous. It's Muralitharan. As for ICC clearing him, the 15 degree rule was introduced because of whom?

By the way, why is Ashwin's name on the poll list? Based on what? On the opinion of salty fans from across the border? When was he ever questioned by an umpire in international cricket? Oh, wait! More conspiracy theories coming up.

By the way, why is Ashwin's name on the poll list? Based on what? On the opinion of salty fans from across the border? When was he ever questioned by an umpire in international cricket? Oh, wait! More conspiracy theories coming up.
If u can see bumrah name as per few jealous posters, u should expect aswin as the default option

ICC changed the whole rule for one guy, one and only, Murali. He should be a the top of the list of chukers. Rest of the guys don't even matter because Murali got 800 wickets.

Yep but some people have shared his such pics too
View attachment 145210

Didn't ICC start its crackdown on chuckers post this?

Some days before this, Ashwin in a PC said that some spinners were taking undue advantage by using the elbow and he will also do so.

He did it in the Asia Cup by copying Narines action.

ICC then cracked down on chuckers using new testing protocols and did away with the partnership with the Perth Lab and set up its own accredited labs in different countries.

ICC changed the whole rule for one guy, one and only, Murali. He should be a the top of the list of chukers. Rest of the guys don't even matter because Murali got 800 wickets.

There is a long history behind it.

ICCs rules were challenged by various studies.

Read this article. I am not posting the article as its very long.

Murali wasn't a chucked.

As much as Iove him this award has to go to Saeed Ajmal. You can see him bowl now in legends league and compare to his actions in the past to see he was chucking it big time.

Ajmal. His test results prove that he chucked by big margin.

Also, very ineffective with modify action.

Shoiab Akhtar, Ashwin and Bumrah aren't chuckers.. Sunil Narine and Saeed Ajmal are visible chuckers

Lol at Ashwin's name in the poll..

Looks like you people are still not over him exposing Ajmal the thrower and pretty much ending his international career.

Ajmal ,he claimed first because of accident he cannot bowl as per ICC rules, once they banned that guy go and modify his action to cleanly and become ineffective.

Ajmal ,he claimed first because of accident he cannot bowl as per ICC rules, once they banned that guy go and modify his action to cleanly and become ineffective.
I remember that. In other words, he outright lied to the fans.

Sunil Narine was simply unplayable when he was chucking unlike Saeed Ajmal
Who still got smacked by Hussey into oblivion at the t20 wc

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunil Narine was simply unplayable when he was chucking unlike Saeed Chuckmal
Who still got smacked by Hussey into oblivion at the t20 wc
Disagree, unplayable in IPL maybe. Saeed Ajmal's chucking version was the greatest illegal spinner I have ever seen in my life, no contest.

Others bowlers chuck usually bowling doosra or any variations but Ajmal designed his action based on chucking ,that guy virtually chuck every delivery. After Modification of his actions which he claim cannot be done bcz of Accident, he just become ordinary offspinner.

Harbhajan's Doosra was a chuck. When he didn't bowl that delivery he was legal.

Murali
Ajmal
Hafeez
Akhtar
Were Murli and Akhtar really chuckers? I can't really tell from their actions in highlights, Although I have heard alot of people saying both were chuckers but got saved due to different era's.

Were Murli and Akhtar really chuckers? I can't really tell from their actions in highlights, Although I have heard alot of people saying both were chuckers but got saved due to different era's.
Murali was a total chucker, escaped by crying about racism. Akhtar not really, was said in jest

Murali and Akhtar were cleared by ICC. I think it is wrong to accuse them, unless they are formally charged with chucking.

Murali and Akhtar were cleared by ICC. I think it is wrong to accuse them, unless they are formally charged with chucking.
But it's okay to question Ashwin without even being questioned by the umpires, right?

P.S. Why were Murali and Akhtar cleared? Could it be because of a certain name Dalmia? We need to add Harbhajan as well.​

Who can forget Ambati ‘Murali’ Rayudu lol

If anyone got vids they can see that legendary chucky

Surprised that people are calling Murali a chucker. He has been cleared by ICC.

Here is the proof that his action is legal:

That's unanimous. It's Muralitharan. As for ICC clearing him, the 15 degree rule was introduced because of whom?

Murali's extension won't be anywhere close to Ajmal's.

He has an unusually flexible shoulder and wrist as well which allowed him to put huge revs on the ball.

This is not to say that he may not have engaged his elbow at times because the new testing protocol didn't come into place until 2014.

But Ajmal was all elbow.

Saeed Ajmal was easily the worst. Could see his elbow straighneing with naked eyes on tv. At times looked like darts thrower

Sunil Narine - very blatant chucker , lucky to escape scrutiny

Harbhajan, Hafeez were more tactical chuckers.

I still have doubts over Murali - whether he was actually a chucker or just a biological freak as claimed by many doctors.

Ashwin - never a chucker except for that 1 series where he deliberately chucked to expose the menace of chucking - which forced ICC to crackdown on the Ajmals & Sunil Narines

Murali's extension won't be anywhere close to Ajmal's.

He has an unusually flexible shoulder and wrist as well which allowed him to put huge revs on the ball.

This is not to say that he may not have engaged his elbow at times because the new testing protocol didn't come into place until 2014.

But Ajmal was all elbow.
Murali gets a benefit of doubt bcoz of his hyper flexible arms but his doosra was definitely a chuck. Was lucky to get away with it. But his normal off break & topspinners were probably legal

It's Murali. No one got as benefited as him from continuous chucking

Everyone got ban at some point he kept on chucking

Surprised that people are calling Murali a chucker. He has been cleared by ICC.

Here is the proof that his action is legal:

Even though I think Murali shouldn’t be considered a chucker but this video doesn’t show much.

He can very easily change his action when bowling in international cricket.1
No one is doubting that he can bowl with chucking unlike Ajmal but the effectiveness is in question here

Under the radar - got away with murder: harbajhan, ashwin

Obvious chuckers who were found out many times, Ajmal, Shabbir Ahmed

Weirdo chuckers who didn’t even fet
Much benefit from it: Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, James Kirtley

Cleared legends who should sue accusers: Shoaib, Murali

Lol at Ashwin's name in the poll..

Looks like you people are still not over him exposing Ajmal the thrower and pretty much ending his international career.
Exactly my thoughts, after seeing his name in the poll 😂

Just watch Harbhajan in WCL semi final today, he would break all the records today.

Narine, Hafeez, Ajmal, Malik all chucked going for doosra but they could atleast bowl normal offspin.

Akhtar had hyperextension but he chucked on occasion deliberately.

Essentially all these bowlers were trying to find an advantage and pushed envelope with some percentage of their deliveries till they got caught.

But Shabbir Ahmed was the worst of the worst because his entire action screamed 'Batta' from the first time he came on screen. I have no idea how this guy made it through age group and domestic cricket 'bowling' the way he did.

Lots of people are not taking the name of Harbhajan. He is also one of those guys who stayed under the radar but was a chucker.

I feel like the word "chucker" gets thrown around way too easily. If someone has been cleared or hasn't been formally accused, he shouldn't be called a chucker.

Back