New Zealand’s white-ball tour of Pakistan (2023)

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced match schedule of New Zealand men’s cricket team’s dual tours of Pakistan. The BLACKCAPS will play two Tests as part of their ICC World Test Championship title defence and three ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League fixtures from 27 December to 15 January, before returning for five T20Is and five ODIs from 13 April to 7 May.

On the first leg of the Pakistan tour, Kane Williamson’s side will play Tests in Karachi (27-31 December) and Multan (4-8 January). They will return to Karachi for the three ICC Super League matches on 11, 13 and 15 January.

The Karachi Test will be New Zealand’s first in the metropolitan city since October 1990 when Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis shared 15 wickets between them and Shoaib Mohammad scored 203 not out, and first in Pakistan since the May 2002 Test in Lahore in which Inzamam-ul-Haq scored a memorable 329 and Shoaib Akhtar recorded first innings figures of 8.2-4-11-6.

It continues to be a memorable year for Multan as well. After hosting three ODIs against the West Indies in May, they will stage the second Test between Pakistan and England (9-13 December), before holding the second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand. Multan has also been announced as one of the four venues of the HBL Pakistan Super League, which will be held from 9 February to 19 March.

New Zealand will begin the second leg of the Pakistan tour in Karachi with four T20Is (13, 15, 16 and 19 April), followed by the fifth T20I and two ODIs in Lahore (23, 26 and 28 April) and last three ODIs will be played in Rawalpindi (1, 4 and 7 May).

Zakir Khan, PCB Director – International Cricket: “We had promised our passionate fans that we will deliver high-quality home international cricket in 2022. Today’s announcement of New Zealand’s double visit to Pakistan is part of that commitment.

“New Zealand is one of the high-performing sides and the more we will play against the top teams in our backyard, the better we will get as a unit, which is crucial to our objective of featuring inside the top-three across all formats. The New Zealand matches will also provide opportunities to our youngsters to continue to watch and follow their favourite players in action, something they have missed when we were forced to play our international cricket offshore.

“Three Tests against England followed by two Tests versus New Zealand over six weeks will give us a chance to strengthen our claims for a place in the ICC World Test Championship final. The eight ODIs will help us to prepare for September’s Asia Cup and October’s 50-over ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. As such, the series against New Zealand will not only be from the top drawer but will also have context, making it something to watch out for.”

David White, New Zealand Cricket Chief Executive: “The BLACKCAPS are very much looking forward to the dual tours. New Zealand and Pakistan share a terrific history in international cricket and there is genuine respect between the two teams as well as the two boards.

“I know our players can’t wait to arrive and savour the experience of playing in Karachi, Multan, Lahore and Rawalpindi –places that carry a great cricketing heritage.

“The recent tours from Australia and England have left us in no doubt regarding the quality of the Pakistan side across all formats, and the extent of the challenge that awaits us.”

The first leg of the tour for two Tests and three ODIs is part of the Future Tours Programme, while the 10 white-ball matches in April/May are to make-up for the abandoned September 2021 tour.

New Zealand are presently eighth on the ICC World Test Championship, while Pakistan is sitting in fifth spot. In the ICC Super League, a qualifying tournament for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, Pakistan and New Zealand are fourth and sixth, respectively.

New Zealand will be the third high-profile cricket side to tour Pakistan in 2022.

In March/April, Australia made their first tour of Pakistan in 24 years when they played three Tests, three ODIs and a T20I. Last month, England visited Pakistan for the first time in 17 years and played seven T20Is. They will return in late November for December’s Tests in Rawalpindi, Multan and Karachi.

Schedule of matches (Playing hours to be confirmed closer to matches):

Pakistan v New Zealand:

27-31 Dec – 1st Test, Karachi (ICC World Test Championship)
4-8 Jan – 2nd Test, Multan (ICC World Test Championship)
11 Jan – 1st ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
13 Jan – 2nd ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
15 Jan – 3rd ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
13 Apr - 1st T20I, Karachi
15 Apr – 2nd T20I, Karachi
16 Apr – 3rd T20I, Karachi
19 Apr – 4th T20I, Karachi
23 Apr – 5th T20I, Lahore
26 Apr – 1st ODI, Lahore
28 Apr – 2nd ODI, Lahore
1 May – 3rd ODI, Rawalpindi
4 May – 4th ODI, Rawalpindi
7 May – 5th ODI, Rawalpindi

Pakistan v England

1-5 Dec – 1st Test, Rawalpindi (ICC World Test Championship)
9-13 Dec – 2nd Test, Multan (ICC World Test Championship)
17-21 Dec – 3rd Test, Karachi (ICC World Test Championship)

==

sTq2q1g.png

Last edited:
Wow! That's amazing.

Kiwis showing why they are the ultimate nice guys of cricket.

Fed up with these tamasha T20 tournaments and series'. Eagerly waiting for Nov- Dec to see Test cricket returning..

Bangladesh vs India
Pakistan vs England
Australia vs South Africa
Pakistan vs New Zealand

Will be a cracking couple of months for Test fans.

Nice to see bunch of Tests & ODI matches coming up.

Naseem & Shaheen better get healthy & stay healthy because its a 3 Test match series pretty much right after the WC & then NZ Test.

ODI's after that. I would hope they do get rested for the ODI series because there's PSL shortly after as well.

Fed up with these tamasha T20 tournaments and series'. Eagerly waiting for Nov- Dec to see Test cricket returning..

Bangladesh vs India
Pakistan vs England
Australia vs South Africa
Pakistan vs New Zealand

Will be a cracking couple of months for Test fans.

Only if PCB prepare decent pitches. If it's anything like the Australia series no point tuning in.

from above
The eight ODIs will help us to prepare for September’s Asia Cup and October’s 50-over ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. As such, the series against New Zealand will not only be from the top drawer but will also have context, making it something to watch out for.”

Entire white ball series during IPL

What’s the point?

My team for the Pakistan v New Zealand overseas club pros XI:

1. Saim Ayub
2. Haider Ali
3. Omair Bin Yousuf
4. Shadab Khan (c)
5. Qasim Akram
6. Asif Ali (vc)
7. Asif Mahmood
8. Amir Jamal
9. Ihsanullah
10. Hasnain
11. Dahani

If we get this kind of XI in which we will brood players

I’m all in. I’m tired of not utilising these pointless games and then looking helpless when the going gets tough like it is right now!

You are not alone. Many fans still love ODIs. :inti

I guess us 80's kids will always have a very soft corner for ODI cricket since we grew up watching it. Everything about ODI cricket was so nice until the ICC managed to tinker with it with rule changes. Regardless, I'll always continue to love ODI cricket. Of course Test cricket reigns supreme though.

8 odis spread over 2 legs is just stupid.

We should have cut 3 of those for another test.

8 odis spread over 2 legs is just stupid.

We should have cut 3 of those for another test.

Nah...ODIs are fine with the next WC only 12 months away from now.

Probably the T20s could've been skipped.

2 Test series against New Zealand make absolutely no sense.

They are the reigning World Test Champions and also beat Pakistan 2-1 in UAE last time around. All these useless white ball games could have been easily just made into an extra test match to make a series worth watching. But I guess everything is about the moola these days.

This is after the World T20 and they still play 5 T20Is.

I guess it's to prepare for the 2024 WT20. :91:

Very smart decision by ICC and other boards to have the WT20 once every 2 years in order to justify these money making T20 bilaterals. Now they can always just say 'There's a world T20 next year so we need to prepare for that' whenever someone questions the logic behind these random five match series'.

Is this the longest bilateral ODI series ever?

Happy to hear about NZ tour.
Test series will be exciting. Test cricket rocks any day.

Now that SAF toured, Aus toured. Eng toured. NZ to tour

Will any of you be honest enough to front up and say all the 'Big 3' hungama was wrong and we were bagged unneccesarily?
i remember upteen times when you guys put the boot into BCCI & India unnessarly and to cover up your own deficiencies.

Hai himmat ya ghairat to be honest and say we were wrong?

Can we get rid of this rubbish t20s and replace it with test. What’s the point of so many games of the Mickey Mouse format?

1st leg having 3 tests would have made it ideal nonetheless any cricket specially home series is a building block for Pakistan

Happy to hear about NZ tour.
Test series will be exciting. Test cricket rocks any day.

Now that SAF toured, Aus toured. Eng toured. NZ to tour

Will any of you be honest enough to front up and say all the 'Big 3' hungama was wrong and we were bagged unneccesarily?
i remember upteen times when you guys put the boot into BCCI & India unnessarly and to cover up your own deficiencies.

Hai himmat ya ghairat to be honest and say we were wrong?

I'm not getting into the merits and demerits of the Big 3, and undoubtedly most of Pakistan's woes are self-inflicted, but this is a strange comment you keep making.

Are you forgetting the ECB's sudden withdrawal last year citing flimsy reasons to avoid playing a mere two T20s ? Have India announced a series with Pakistan yet ? Have they decided to allow Pakistani participation in IPL ? So to say there hasn't been legitimate grievances against the bigger boards is absurd.

I realise we're making up for last year's withdrawal but why the heck do we need five T20Is ?

And you know our team management will go full strength for all of them.

Or at least make it interesting by turning that into a tri-series.

KW happy!

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.604%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/gjt6gt" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

"It's really exciting playing cricket back in Pakistan. Such a rich cricketing history, so many incredible matches that have been played here and we are really looking forward to that experience"

"Pakistan is a team that is formidable in all formats, so we know it’s a tough task, but it's a challenge we look forward to"

"As a team they are always well-balanced. They have produced a lot of fast bowlers and have the batting to go with it all. Their captain Babar Azam is the top in the world"

Last edited:
From Moin Ali’s last statement, I think it’s a punishment for some players to visit Pakistan where they are hotel bound for weeks under a presidential level security.

In my opinion, it’s sheer stupidity to invite top level teams to Pakistan and play like this to feel good about yourself.

Huge Financial losses behind these series are also a matter of making ourselves a laughing stock.

If you think Pakistan is safe for such cricket then remove the presidential level security.
If you can’t, then Pakistan is NOT safe for cricket.

Will playing such series under presidential level security make Pakistan safe for cricket sooner or later?
I don’t think so.

What’s the point of burying your head in the sand and telling yourself there is no storm?

From Moin Ali’s last statement, I think it’s a punishment for some players to visit Pakistan where they are hotel bound for weeks under a presidential level security.

In my opinion, it’s sheer stupidity to invite top level teams to Pakistan and play like this to feel good about yourself.

Huge Financial losses behind these series are also a matter of making ourselves a laughing stock.

If you think Pakistan is safe for such cricket then remove the presidential level security.

Will playing such series under presidential level security make Pakistan safe for cricket sooner or later?
I don’t think so.

What’s the point of burying your head in the sand and telling yourself there is no storm?

It’s for piece of mind for the players. So they can focus on the game and not worry about how safe they are.

Long tour.

Should be a great series. The 7-match series against England was a success.

I don’t think so.

Foreign players are not going to tour Pakistan without this Presidential level security and neither should the stakeholders feel complacent that nothing is going to happen given the events of 2009.

Foreign teams coming to Pakistan is also directly proportional to making PSL successful more teams touring the country will lead to top quality players participating in PSL

4 T20s at one venue and then the final at a different one? That's strange.

Lahore not getting many games. Sad about that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great place … <a href="https://t.co/vCgAxfFt4m">https://t.co/vCgAxfFt4m</a></p>— David 'Bumble' Lloyd (@BumbleCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/BumbleCricket/status/1579551503249190912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great place … <a href="https://t.co/vCgAxfFt4m">https://t.co/vCgAxfFt4m</a></p>— David 'Bumble' Lloyd (@BumbleCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/BumbleCricket/status/1579551503249190912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Hope he does not run away again

The odi squad should be something like this.

Ali Imran
Saim Ayub
Abdullah Shafique
Haider Ali
Qasim Akram
Muhammed Haris
Shadab
Mubasir Khan
Ihsannullah
Dahani
Hasnain

Wasim Jnr
Saud Shakeel
Muhammed Hurraira
Haseebullah

Foreign players are not going to tour Pakistan without this Presidential level security and neither should the stakeholders feel complacent that nothing is going to happen given the events of 2009.

Which means, Pakistan is not safe for foreign teams coming here and playing cricket.
And if they do, we take a hit on huge financial losses because the cost of providing presidential level security is a lot more than whatever little revenue generated.

What are we trying to achieve here?

Keep taking these financial losses as a form of investment for another 5 or 10 years, and hope that teams will stop caring whether we provide presidential security or not, and hence we will get a chance to quietly remove presidential level security and make a few bucks out of a series?

If the goal is to make international cricket available for spectators at the stadium, then for how long are we gonna cater it for this public?? Or should we increase the entry ticket to recoup the losses, in which, no one will come to watch the game on the ground.

Constructive criticism aside Ramiz has done a great job in bringing Cricket back to Pak. Lets give him credit for this.

T20 and 2nd odi series is in the time of IPL..no way nz team will be full strength

2 Test series against New Zealand make absolutely no sense.

They are the reigning World Test Champions and also beat Pakistan 2-1 in UAE last time around. All these useless white ball games could have been easily just made into an extra test match to make a series worth watching. But I guess everything is about the moola these days.

It's kind of a shocking how fast it's happened, but NZ are a shadow of the team that won the WTC. Watling, de Grandhomme and Taylor all retired. Boult also with one foot out the door (he won't be touring). Williamson looks to be in terminal decline ever since his elbow injury. Similar story for Wagner, who's really showing his 36 years of age - wouldn't be at all surprised if this is his last season.

Still some good players in there like Conway, Mitchell, Blundell, Southee and Jamieson, but there are no stars and too many passengers in the XI. Finally NZ has no clue who their best spinners are because Williamson refuses to bowl them except on raging turners (which NZ almost never play on). Pakistan should win 2-0.

Which means, Pakistan is not safe for foreign teams coming here and playing cricket.
And if they do, we take a hit on huge financial losses because the cost of providing presidential level security is a lot more than whatever little revenue generated.

What are we trying to achieve here?

Keep taking these financial losses as a form of investment for another 5 or 10 years, and hope that teams will stop caring whether we provide presidential security or not, and hence we will get a chance to quietly remove presidential level security and make a few bucks out of a series?

If the goal is to make international cricket available for spectators at the stadium, then for how long are we gonna cater it for this public?? Or should we increase the entry ticket to recoup the losses, in which, no one will come to watch the game on the ground.

Let's hear your brilliant idea then.

Pakistan is as safe for cricket as any other country, an attack not so long ago happened in NZ as well. These sort of attacks can happen anywhere in the world, the security is there to stop any chance of it happening.

PCB were spending millions of dollars in UAE as well they have no other option it's better to spend that money on security & host in Pakistan in front of Pakistani's as compared to spending millions in staging these matches in UAE.

Players have to suck it up & get used to being in presidential security. They're there to work not on vacation so I don't care about their mental well being.

I'm not getting into the merits and demerits of the Big 3, and undoubtedly most of Pakistan's woes are self-inflicted, but this is a strange comment you keep making.

Are you forgetting the ECB's sudden withdrawal last year citing flimsy reasons to avoid playing a mere two T20s ? Have India announced a series with Pakistan yet ? Have they decided to allow Pakistani participation in IPL ? So to say there hasn't been legitimate grievances against the bigger boards is absurd.

Gr8 that you are honest enough to talk about the 'self inflicted' part.
the point i am making is 'big 3'and Bcci india is responsible for NZ and ECB's 'flimsy' in your own words decision to withdraw last year. yes, to a point i agree about no indo-pak bileteral and the whole reasoning behind no pak IPL participation is more from a security aspect but the way big 3 and india was bandied about for all the withdrawals was pathetic, uncalled for, and a convenient coat hanger to hang a lot of self incompetencies.
we got the Bad rap for two nations intelligence agencies advising them other wise and withdrawing. Just as well we dont get blamed for the whats hapening in ukraine as well.
now that those two same nations are touring - just wanted to see how many of 'the big 3 are responsible for no fizz in my soda' gang turn up and say 'i was wrong'
Lastly as a true lover of test cricket, i am genuinely happy for pak fans and to see real test cricket, much more than this masala t20 stuff

Last edited:
Let's hear your brilliant idea then.

Pakistan is as safe for cricket as any other country, an attack not so long ago happened in NZ as well. These sort of attacks can happen anywhere in the world, the security is there to stop any chance of it happening.

PCB were spending millions of dollars in UAE as well they have no other option it's better to spend that money on security & host in Pakistan in front of Pakistani's as compared to spending millions in staging these matches in UAE.

Players have to suck it up & get used to being in presidential security. They're there to work not on vacation so I don't care about their mental well being.

Look into the option of playing your home series in England.
The Pak supporting crowd almost always makes it house full. At many occasion it's better attendance than in Pakistani home grounds and in UAE stadiums.

Do the math and see if it inflicts the least financial loss if not some little profits in British pounds.

Pakistan seems to have better cricket fans and support in England than in Pakistan and in UAE.

At least tap into the potential and see if this can be looked into?

Look into the option of playing your home series in England.
The Pak supporting crowd almost always makes it house full. At many occasion it's better attendance than in Pakistani home grounds and in UAE stadiums.

ECB will also charge millions of dollars for the stadiums, security & accommodation. Pak supporting squad in UK is always amazing & that's why ECB is so fond of Pakistan. But Pakistan's home should always played in Pakistan. I don't see any reason for going in UK to play these bilateral matches & making them even more rich. I'd rather PCB spend those millions in Pakistan on security & other things.

Hopefully the tours will be successful the only way we can or try to stand up against BCCI' hegemony

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced match schedule of New Zealand men’s cricket team’s dual tours of Pakistan. The BLACKCAPS will play two Tests as part of their ICC World Test Championship title defence and three ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League fixtures from 27 December to 15 January, before returning for five T20Is and five ODIs from 13 April to 7 May.

On the first leg of the Pakistan tour, Kane Williamson’s side will play Tests in Karachi (27-31 December) and Multan (4-8 January). They will return to Karachi for the three ICC Super League matches on 11, 13 and 15 January.

The Karachi Test will be New Zealand’s first in the metropolitan city since October 1990 when Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis shared 15 wickets between them and Shoaib Mohammad scored 203 not out, and first in Pakistan since the May 2002 Test in Lahore in which Inzamam-ul-Haq scored a memorable 329 and Shoaib Akhtar recorded first innings figures of 8.2-4-11-6.

It continues to be a memorable year for Multan as well. After hosting three ODIs against the West Indies in May, they will stage the second Test between Pakistan and England (9-13 December), before holding the second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand. Multan has also been announced as one of the four venues of the HBL Pakistan Super League, which will be held from 9 February to 19 March.

New Zealand will begin the second leg of the Pakistan tour in Karachi with four T20Is (13, 15, 16 and 19 April), followed by the fifth T20I and two ODIs in Lahore (23, 26 and 28 April) and last three ODIs will be played in Rawalpindi (1, 4 and 7 May).

Zakir Khan, PCB Director – International Cricket: “We had promised our passionate fans that we will deliver high-quality home international cricket in 2022. Today’s announcement of New Zealand’s double visit to Pakistan is part of that commitment.

“New Zealand is one of the high-performing sides and the more we will play against the top teams in our backyard, the better we will get as a unit, which is crucial to our objective of featuring inside the top-three across all formats. The New Zealand matches will also provide opportunities to our youngsters to continue to watch and follow their favourite players in action, something they have missed when we were forced to play our international cricket offshore.

“Three Tests against England followed by two Tests versus New Zealand over six weeks will give us a chance to strengthen our claims for a place in the ICC World Test Championship final. The eight ODIs will help us to prepare for September’s Asia Cup and October’s 50-over ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. As such, the series against New Zealand will not only be from the top drawer but will also have context, making it something to watch out for.”

David White, New Zealand Cricket Chief Executive: “The BLACKCAPS are very much looking forward to the dual tours. New Zealand and Pakistan share a terrific history in international cricket and there is genuine respect between the two teams as well as the two boards.

“I know our players can’t wait to arrive and savour the experience of playing in Karachi, Multan, Lahore and Rawalpindi –places that carry a great cricketing heritage.

“The recent tours from Australia and England have left us in no doubt regarding the quality of the Pakistan side across all formats, and the extent of the challenge that awaits us.”

The first leg of the tour for two Tests and three ODIs is part of the Future Tours Programme, while the 10 white-ball matches in April/May are to make-up for the abandoned September 2021 tour.

New Zealand are presently eighth on the ICC World Test Championship, while Pakistan is sitting in fifth spot. In the ICC Super League, a qualifying tournament for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, Pakistan and New Zealand are fourth and sixth, respectively.

New Zealand will be the third high-profile cricket side to tour Pakistan in 2022.

In March/April, Australia made their first tour of Pakistan in 24 years when they played three Tests, three ODIs and a T20I. Last month, England visited Pakistan for the first time in 17 years and played seven T20Is. They will return in late November for December’s Tests in Rawalpindi, Multan and Karachi.

Schedule of matches (Playing hours to be confirmed closer to matches):

Pakistan v New Zealand:

27-31 Dec – 1st Test, Karachi (ICC World Test Championship)
4-8 Jan – 2nd Test, Multan (ICC World Test Championship)
11 Jan – 1st ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
13 Jan – 2nd ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
15 Jan – 3rd ODI, Karachi (ICC Super League)
13 Apr - 1st T20I, Karachi
15 Apr – 2nd T20I, Karachi
16 Apr – 3rd T20I, Karachi
19 Apr – 4th T20I, Karachi
23 Apr – 5th T20I, Lahore
26 Apr – 1st ODI, Lahore
28 Apr – 2nd ODI, Lahore
1 May – 3rd ODI, Rawalpindi
4 May – 4th ODI, Rawalpindi
7 May – 5th ODI, Rawalpindi

Pakistan v England

1-5 Dec – 1st Test, Rawalpindi (ICC World Test Championship)
9-13 Dec – 2nd Test, Multan (ICC World Test Championship)
17-21 Dec – 3rd Test, Karachi (ICC World Test Championship)

==

sTq2q1g.png

Just 2 tests with NZ :facepalm, Why not 3 or 4, Why 5 Odis ?

Should have done 3 tests, 2 Odi plus 3 T20

Pakistan will never become a top Cricket side without focusing on tests. Look at West Indies they focus more on white ball cricket but they remain a weak side.

To many ODIs and T20 as usual.

Pakistan wont win either test series with Babar in charge same TTF seniors (fawad / Azhar) will be retained, same unbalanced team will be picked and same dead pitches will be ordered by Rameez.

To many ODIs and T20 as usual.

Pakistan wont win either test series with Babar in charge same TTF seniors (fawad / Azhar) will be retained, same unbalanced team will be picked and same dead pitches will be ordered by Rameez.

Unbelievable these guys are still around! With amount of tests played by Pak compared to others, they'd be better picking guys that are also playing LOIs.

I could guarantee that even if someone like Shadab and Nawaz took their places, they'd comfortably outscore both.

Unbelievable these guys are still around! With amount of tests played by Pak compared to others, they'd be better picking guys that are also playing LOIs.

I could guarantee that even if someone like Shadab and Nawaz took their places, they'd comfortably outscore both.

Nawaz was picked as a so called all-rounder and his batting is that of a tail-ender. Another poor selection, he should have been played as a front line spinner instead. The batting line up in that SL series was a shambles.

Nawaz was picked as a so called all-rounder and his batting is that of a tail-ender. Another poor selection, he should have been played as a front line spinner instead. The batting line up in that SL series was a shambles.

Yeah, that's what I mean, even as operating as a spinner he'd probably be better than those uncles that they rolled out. His performances with the bat in T20 may give him some confidence but it would be a bonus.

Wouldn't be much worse than Fawad/Azhar who bat like tail enders now. At least some tail-enders have a go, but these two spend their whole innings trying to survive and block out.

We look forward to hosting you Kane bhai then looking after you in more ways then one:ht I have always had a soft spot for NZ who are kind of my second team. I believe Kane is also married to a Pak girl as well:usman After the terrible 1990's it is good to see NZ right up there again with the top sides of world Cricket. I am and always was a massive Richard Hadlee fan.

Pakistan Cricket Board and New Zealand Cricket have mutually agreed to bring forward the tour of New Zealand men’s side to Pakistan by a day.

The first Test of the two-match series will now commence on 26 December at the National Bank Cricket Arena in Karachi and the second will be played in Multan from 3 January.

The three ODIs will be played on 10, 12 and 14 January in Karachi.

Schedule of New Zealand’s tour of Pakistan:

• First Test – 26-30 December at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Second Test - 3-7 January at Multan Cricket Stadium
• First ODI – 10 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Second ODI – 12 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Third ODI - 14 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi

hF665TS.png

Last edited:
Don’t expect anything different. Same players, coaches & tactics will be on display against New Zealand who will complete the humiliation & Pakistan will proudly lose its third consecutive home Test series that too against a non-Asian team.

Naseem Shah will get smashed at 5 an over as usual, Babar will choke under pressure, Azhar will score 20 in 100 balls & then pretend that saved Pakistan from collapse & Shafique will score runs but not have any impact on the outcome.

Shame should have been a proper 3 Test match series, PCB are shooting in their feet by ignoring Test cricket who cares about the ODIs

I don’t think so.

Moeen whines and moans about everything.

The reality is he doesn't want to play test cricket. He ran away from India in the middle of a test tour but then played the IPL while players were wearing hazmat suits and people were dying in the street.

Test series could be a 0-0 Draw since Kiwis won't play Bazball and the pitches would be flat as a Highway.

Don’t expect anything different. Same players, coaches & tactics will be on display against New Zealand who will complete the humiliation & Pakistan will proudly lose its third consecutive home Test series that too against a non-Asian team.

Naseem Shah will get smashed at 5 an over as usual, Babar will choke under pressure, Azhar will score 20 in 100 balls & then pretend that saved Pakistan from collapse & Shafique will score runs but not have any impact on the outcome.

NZ are currently the weakest of the SENA nations and have been struggling in Test cricket after the WTC final.

I do expect the same pretty much..

Azhar ali the everlasting torture.. 12 years of intl cricket, still plays like a debutant... What a waste of investment..

NZ are currently the weakest of the SENA nations and have been struggling in Test cricket after the WTC final.

No worries, Pak will find a way to lose... just like they did against Eng selecting Ali, Zahid mehmood, Faheem , Nawaz , Haris rauf , Naseem , Wasim jr.. and continue to carry Azhar ali till he finishes his 100th test..

Pakistan Cricket Board and New Zealand Cricket have mutually agreed to bring forward the tour of New Zealand men’s side to Pakistan by a day.

The first Test of the two-match series will now commence on 26 December at the National Bank Cricket Arena in Karachi and the second will be played in Multan from 3 January.

The three ODIs will be played on 10, 12 and 14 January in Karachi.

Schedule of New Zealand’s tour of Pakistan:

• First Test – 26-30 December at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Second Test - 3-7 January at Multan Cricket Stadium
• First ODI – 10 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Second ODI – 12 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi
• Third ODI - 14 January at National Bank Cricket Arena Karachi

hF665TS.png

Why PCB has not arranged test matches in Lahore against Eng & NZ?? Just asking

So england series is meant to end on 21st Dec and the NZ series starts 5 days later, don't expect any changes to test squad, it's will just be a continuation of the same garbage TTFs, failures being recycled and re-used.

It will be an interesting series. NZ have some good spinners though and their batting in these conditions will be good. It will be interesting as to what their approach will be. They are going to play regular Test cricket which will help Pakistan. The scoring rate of both the teams will be on par, so if Pakistan prepare a pitch like Pindi, it might end in a draw with New Zealand.

Ok, it's really 2x tours so I can understand the 7 or 8 ODI.

A Test & ODI tour over the New Year.

Then a T20 & ODI tour in April/May.

That's fine by me. Given the time gap and an ODI WC it gives you a chance to change the squads/try different players in the two different series and fine tune your plans.

Back