New Zealand tour of Pakistan (2024)

Predict outcome of the 5-match T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
New Zealand tour to Pakistan announced

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced that New Zealand men’s cricket team will tour Pakistan from 14 April to play five T20Is.

The Blackcaps will arrive in the capital city on 14 April and will play three T20Is at the Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi on 18, 20 and 21 April. Following that, both sides will move to Lahore, where they will play the remaining two T20Is of the series on 25 and 27 April, respectively.

All five matches of the T20I series will begin at 7pm PKT.

The coming tour of the Blackcaps will mark their third visit to Pakistan in the span of 17 months. Previously, they had traveled to Pakistan in December 2022/January 2023 to feature in two Tests and three ODIs – part of ICC Men’s Championship. Later that year in April, they traveled to Lahore, Rawalpindi and Karachi to feature in 10 white-ball matches.

Usman Wahla, Director – International Cricket: “In a testament to the unwavering camaraderie between Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and New Zealand Cricket (NZC), we are delighted to present the schedule for New Zealand men’s team tour to Pakistan 2024.

“This tour symbolises the deep-rooted ties and mutual respect that define the relationship between our two cricketing nations.

“Our avid cricket fans and the people of Pakistan will welcome the New Zealand team again and we hope to have yet another competitive series which is a key part of our buildup to this year’s ICC T20 World Cup.”

Series schedule

14 April – New Zealand arrive in Pakistan

16-17 April – Training/practice

18 April – 1st T20I, Rawalpindi

20 April – 2nd T20I, Rawalpindi

21 April – 3rd T20I, Rawalpindi

25 April – 4th T20I, Lahore

27 April – 5th T20I, Lahore

Z7Sib8C.png

Last edited:
New Zealand tour to Pakistan announced

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced that New Zealand men’s cricket team will tour Pakistan from 14 April to play five T20Is.

The Blackcaps will arrive in the capital city on 14 April and will play three T20Is at the Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi on 18, 20 and 21 April. Following that, both sides will move to Lahore, where they will play the remaining two T20Is of the series on 25 and 27 April, respectively.

All five matches of the T20I series will begin at 7pm PKT.

The coming tour of the Blackcaps will mark their third visit to Pakistan in the span of 17 months. Previously, they had traveled to Pakistan in December 2022/January 2023 to feature in two Tests and three ODIs – part of ICC Men’s Championship. Later that year in April, they traveled to Lahore, Rawalpindi and Karachi to feature in 10 white-ball matches.

Usman Wahla, Director – International Cricket: “In a testament to the unwavering camaraderie between Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and New Zealand Cricket (NZC), we are delighted to present the schedule for New Zealand men’s team tour to Pakistan 2024.

“This tour symbolises the deep-rooted ties and mutual respect that define the relationship between our two cricketing nations.

“Our avid cricket fans and the people of Pakistan will welcome the New Zealand team again and we hope to have yet another competitive series which is a key part of our buildup to this year’s ICC T20 World Cup.”

Series schedule

14 April – New Zealand arrive in Pakistan

16-17 April – Training/practice

18 April – 1st T20I, Rawalpindi

20 April – 2nd T20I, Rawalpindi

21 April – 3rd T20I, Rawalpindi

25 April – 4th T20I, Lahore

27 April – 5th T20I, Lahore
This tour will be useless unless Pakistan actually find a proper combination that gells together which they never do.

I remember before the world cup and asia cup where everyone thought Pakistan would breeze through due to 2nd string NZ bashing.

Clear gaps in with agha salman being at no 5 instead of saud shakeel, and tayyab tahir being dropped despite not getting a single game as well as naseem shah's constantly looking like he was going to injure himself as well as the concern that we were playing accumulators 24/7 was extremely visible.

The team literally drafted in chacha and haris last minute and had zero clue on utilisation.

This series needs to be used to try everyone and gell a combination, but Pakistan's insistence on playing a winning combination and never changing the 11 until that winning 11 gets butchered badly by sena and India is something they never learn from.

Nz is sending the 2nd string not cause they care about losing, but because their trying to find more players, like they find rachin ravindra last time, their hoping to find ore similar players.

Time to put up a team that is going to play the world cup. No new experiments are needed now. Make a squad for the series that will most probably be your final squad for the upcoming world cup.

Time to put up a team that is going to play the world cup. No new experiments are needed now. Make a squad for the series that will most probably be your final squad for the upcoming world cup.

So they can bash this NZ D team and pretend to be world beaters and flop in WC again?

So they can bash this NZ D team and pretend to be world beaters and flop in WC again?
We want a squad who will represent Pakistan in the upcoming t20 world cup. Wining here is good for confidence but we cannot experiment too much.

There is no need to have fantasy line ups . Pick a core squad who are earmarked for the World Cup , and rotate accordingly .
Whether New Zealand play bring there C or D team , makes no sense to pick players who won’t be playing the WC.
World Cup is in June .

We want a squad who will represent Pakistan in the upcoming t20 world cup. Wining here is good for confidence but we cannot experiment too much.
But then how do we identify gaps?

The reality is we don't have a combination?

Saud, Abdullah, babar, saim, rizwan, fakhar and so many others on psl all have an Overstone with opening.

So far we don't have a no 4, no 5, no 6, no 7 batsmen, and we don't even know what pur bowling unit even is?

If people think fakhar at no 4, shadab at no 5, and chacha at no 6 is a killer combination, their in for a rude awakening.

Even bowler wise, nothing is clear.

But then how do we identify gaps?

The reality is we don't have a combination?

Saud, Abdullah, babar, saim, rizwan, fakhar and so many others on psl all have an Overstone with opening.

So far we don't have a no 4, no 5, no 6, no 7 batsmen, and we don't even know what pur bowling unit even is?

If people think fakhar at no 4, shadab at no 5, and chacha at no 6 is a killer combination, their in for a rude awakening.

Even bowler wise, nothing is clear.
There is not time for identification of gaps etc. Play your best men who will go on and play the world cup as well. No drastic changes can be made now. World cup is just 2-3 months away. Pick a squad and give them games.

The problem is, if I was a selector and could pick a squad, I don't even know what squad to select?

My core players besides rizzu and Babar, all want to open? Who do I select?

There is not time for identification of gaps etc. Play your best men who will go on and play the world cup as well. No drastic changes can be made now. World cup is just 2-3 months away. Pick a squad and give them games.
Mate, idk if you've ever heard of the wayback machine, but

We've been doing this since 2011, aka we'll claim don't worry world cup is a good few years away or a good year away, only for that to turn into damn we only have a few months now, gotta panic and go with the flow.

This has always resulted in failures, only exception was 2017 but that was because we filled the squad to psl superstars, we don't have any psl superstar performances this time around which is a huge shame. Only usman Khan showcased it but he ain't an option.

Edit: I'm actually curious to know your viewpoint, ans what solution you offer, it seems everyone has given up on wc 2024. And is looking for 2027 or 2025 as a respite.

Mate, idk if you've ever heard of the wayback machine, but

We've been doing this since 2011, aka we'll claim don't worry world cup is a good few years away or a good year away, only for that to turn into damn we only have a few months now, gotta panic and go with the flow.

This has always resulted in failures, only exception was 2017 but that was because we filled the squad to psl superstars, we don't have any psl superstar performances this time around which is a huge shame. Only usman Khan showcased it but he ain't an option.

Edit: I'm actually curious to know your viewpoint, ans what solution you offer, it seems everyone has given up on wc 2024. And is looking for 2027 or 2025 as a respite.
We need to get out of past mate. Forget 2017 and 2009 victories. FOcus on the next big thing coming ahead. This series can play a pivotal role in getting your combination right. I cannot see fakhar opening because he failed big time in PSL. Saim will open for sure along with Riz as he is undroppable for many and he is also not willing to play at any other number and he will fail down the order so only number for him is to open. Babar at 3 done. Fakhar did good at 4 in recent series against NZ so he will be my pick for 4. We can get salman, shadab, Iftikhar in, abbas, wasim, abrar, naseem,

Should be an interesting series. Unlike in Test cricket, Pakistan actually has a decent reputation in this format.

But they haven't actually won anything even here in over 2 years , except for a tri series in New Zealand , also involving Bangladesh

We need to get out of past mate. Forget 2017 and 2009 victories. FOcus on the next big thing coming ahead. This series can play a pivotal role in getting your combination right. I cannot see fakhar opening because he failed big time in PSL. Saim will open for sure along with Riz as he is undroppable for many and he is also not willing to play at any other number and he will fail down the order so only number for him is to open. Babar at 3 done. Fakhar did good at 4 in recent series against NZ so he will be my pick for 4. We can get salman, shadab, Iftikhar in, abbas, wasim, abrar, naseem,
That's fair, but if we look to the future don't you think our preparation is heavily lacking and lackluster? Compared to our preparation in 2009?

That's fair, but if we look to the future don't you think our preparation is heavily lacking and lackluster? Compared to our preparation in 2009?
Yes we might be lacking in preparations but it is never too late to give your boys the confidence and select a team on merit.

Should be an interesting series. Unlike in Test cricket, Pakistan actually has a decent reputation in this format.

But they haven't actually won anything even here in over 2 years , except for a tri series in New Zealand , also involving Bangladesh
Pakistan has done alright, considering we made it to the semi-finals in 2021 and trolled our way to the final in 2022.

I don’t see us doing well this time though, as the team is completely unsettled.

Pakistan has done alright, considering we made it to the semi-finals in 2021 and trolled our way to the final in 2022.

I don’t see us doing well this time though, as the team is completely unsettled.
The team in 2022 was also unsettled, 2022 is probably the luckiest troll nonsense I have ever seen.

Never in any other tournament have I recalled a team lose 60% of their games but make it through to the finals.

The team in 2022 was also unsettled, 2022 is probably the luckiest troll nonsense I have ever seen.

Never in any other tournament have I recalled a team lose 60% of their games but make it through to the finals.
Pakistan team played a total 7 games in that World Cup and won 4 out of them. That squad was a total failure because we were hit by injuries at the crunch moment and Shan was also in that squad without any perfromace behind him.

Pakistan team played a total 7 games in that World Cup and won 4 out of them. That squad was a total failure because we were hit by injuries at the crunch moment and Shan was also in that squad without any perfromace behind him.
Other then beating New Zealand we barely scrapped by, also ironically shan performed well FOR HIS STANDARDS in that tournament

Other then beating New Zealand we barely scrapped by, also ironically shan performed well FOR HIS STANDARDS in that tournament
Let's see when the squad is announced for the series. Naseem will be back, Shadab will be back, Abrar will be back as well. Who else will find his name in that list?

Understandable since the World T20 is around the corner. Still almost brings a smile to my face thinking what a pleasure it would have been if it were a 5 match ODI series instead, and broadcast in India.

The team was hit by a few injuries but was not unsettled at all. Shan replaced Fakhar, who was the only player to miss out to be fair.

Babar and Rizwan flopped hard throughout the tournament, but won us the semi-final still against NZ.

This team has question marks on pretty much every position bar maybe Shaheen and Rizwan. Babar’s role at three is questionable at best when he is having a cracking PSL here as an opener.

The team was hit by a few injuries but was not unsettled at all. Shan replaced Fakhar, who was the only player to miss out to be fair.

Babar and Rizwan flopped hard throughout the tournament, but won us the semi-final still against NZ.

This team has question marks on pretty much every position bar maybe Shaheen and Rizwan. Babar’s role at three is questionable at best when he is having a cracking PSL here as an opener.
Their wasn't any semblance of a middle order and the openers were entire flops?

We know the core Top 4 for the T20 WC will be Saim , Fakhar, Babar and Riz.

5, 6, 7 are the problem areas. I would go Salman, Ifti and Azam with jamal or Usman tariq rotating with Azam depending on conditions with Shadab coming in at 7 and the rest moving up a place up.

7 Shadab , 8 Shaheen, 9 Wasim Jr 10 Naseem, 11 Usman Tariq

For the home series against NZ I would rest the core of Fakhar, Babar, Riz, Shaheen and Naseem to allow the rest to fight out the remaining places.

My squad for the home series

Saim
Saud
M haris (WK)
Salman
Ifti
Azam (WK)
Shadab (C)
Jamal
Faheem
Abrar
Usman Tariq
Muhammad Ali
Wasim Jr
Zaman
Abbas Afridi

I will go with

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Jamal
Shadab
Shaheen
Naseem
Muhammed Ali/wasim Jnr

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Agha
Ifti
Shadab
Wasim jnr
Abbas afridi
Naseem shah
M ali

I would give m ali a go over shaheen ,

Bench would be shaheen, hasan ali , faheem , usama, saud

Spin can come from shadab

With part time option from ifti , Agha or saim

If usman khan was eligible I would have picked him and pakistan could have tried him out as wild card option but he isn't eligible

My ideal XI:
1. Saim
2. Saud (C)
3. Babar
4. Usman
5. Omair
6. Azam
7. Imad/ Jamal
8. Abrar
9. Mir Hamza
10. Naseem
11. Mohammad Ali

My ideal XI:
1. Saim
2. Saud (C)
3. Babar
4. Usman
5. Omair
6. Azam
7. Imad/ Jamal
8. Abrar
9. Mir Hamza
10. Naseem
11. Mohammad Ali
Damn, pretty solid 11 or atleast the best 11 we really have.

But it won't happen sadly. Also I'd replace azam Khan, he's useless in international and he isn't even keeping, usman Khan is enough to keep full time. Bring in tayyab tahir instead, tayyab has been good this psl, 42 avg and 152 sr is pretty good.

Their wasn't any semblance of a middle order and the openers were entire flops?
Iftikhar and Shadab did quite well, as did Shan in the middle-order. Better than the output we got from Malik and Hafeez in 2021 to be honest.

This time though the middle-order is patched up by sending our best bat at number 3 and Fakhar at number 4.

Iftikhar and Shadab did quite well, as did Shan in the middle-order. Better than the output we got from Malik and Hafeez in 2021 to be honest.

This time though the middle-order is patched up by sending our best bat at number 3 and Fakhar at number 4.
Malik and hafeez were old and hasbeens at the time but fair point. Their 2017 versions are still >

What no sarfraz?
Yes, no Sarfraz because unlike Rizwan's cult fans, I put the teams needs first rather than my favourite players

Saifi has been a great ambassador for us in the T20 format. His 13 streak T20 win was the second best accomplishment in our T20I history, just behind our 2009 WT20 win.

That all being said, with guys like Azam Khan, Nafay and maybe Usman Khan beginning to reach the peak of their powers, it is high time to invest in those youngsters and build for the future. Saifi however is still needed in tests and ODIs so managing his workload is key

However if the choice was between him and Legwan I would choose Saifi any day

Yes, no Sarfraz because unlike Rizwan's cult fans, I put the teams needs first rather than my favourite players

Saifi has been a great ambassador for us in the T20 format. His 13 streak T20 win was the second best accomplishment in our T20I history, just behind our 2009 WT20 win.

That all being said, with guys like Azam Khan, Nafay and maybe Usman Khan beginning to reach the peak of their powers, it is high time to invest in those youngsters and build for the future. Saifi however is still needed in tests and ODIs so managing his workload is key

However if the choice was between him and Legwan I would choose Saifi any day
Coming from a guy who selects all the Karachi players and says he puts Pakistan first. It not good to lie.

Coming from a guy who selects all the Karachi players and says he puts Pakistan first. It not good to lie.
It’s not my fault that Karachi produces the best cricketers in Pakistan.

If any other regions did have better cricketers I would pick them but the reality is that one city itself is carrying Pakistans talent

We beat South Africa by big. We lost the final, and the other two games we lost were on the last ball. Not as bad as you make it look. That being said we should not have lost to Zim

We beat South Africa by big. We lost the final, and the other two games we lost were on the last ball. Not as bad as you make it look. That being said we should not have lost to Zim
The whole tournament pur opening flopped man.

Chacha and the bowlers really carried, the rizwan innings against nedtherlands was painful to watch

Can Pakistan change captain every two games, that way they have filtered the best candidate ready for the WC 🤔

It’s not my fault that Karachi produces the best cricketers in Pakistan.

If any other regions did have better cricketers I would pick them but the reality is that one city itself is carrying Pakistans talent
Lol at Karachi produces the best who the best in Pakistan currently?

again the C tier side is coming to play and most of their senior players are prioritizing IPL over their national duty.

With IPL starting, NZ key players will be missing chance for Pakistan to win 5/0

Tim Southee to skip Blackcaps' Twenty20 series in Pakistan, raising questions over international future

Test captain Tim Southee will miss the Blackcaps' Twenty20 series in Pakistan next month to prioritise his workload.

Newshub understands the veteran swing bowler will be rested for the five-match series in April, leaving questions over the strength and experience of the squad, which is already expected to be without several big names due to Indian Premier League commitments.

Southee featured in the Blackcaps most-recent T20 series against Australia, and is seen as a likely participant in the T20 World Cup in the USA and Caribbean in June.

It’s understood Southee wants to prioritise a bumper tour of Asia, with New Zealand to play one test against Afghanistan, two tests in Sri Lanka and three tests in India, in September and October.

Across all formats, Southee has played 30 times for New Zealand in the last year alone, and continues to be a regular in coloured clothing and whites - a key figure both on and off the field.

The six tests in Asia create a rare situation where Southee, as test captain, may not even be in the first choice XI. His spot in the team has come under-fire over the summer, taking just six wickets in four home tests.

However, given the next generation of Kiwi fast bowlers who are coming through - spearheaded by Will O’Rourke and Ben Sears - it seems likely Southee will be there, not only as captain, but as a senior bowler.

Nevertheless, it raises the question of how much longer he wants to continue at both at the international level.

After the tour of Asia, New Zealand doesn’t play tests again until the home summer, when they host England for three tests. They don’t play red-ball cricket again until next July’s tour of Zimbabwe.

If he were to bow out, taking on his old mate Brendon McCullum’s England would make for a fitting a farewell.

SOURCE: newshub.co.nz

This is the team I want to see against NZ and in the WC.

1. Saim
2. Babar
3. Rizwan
4. Fakhar
5. Shadab
6. Ifti
7. Haider/Azam Khan
8. Shaheen
9. Naseem
10. M. Ali
11. Usman Tariq

Tariq lost his confidence after being called, but he truly will be a trump card for Pak and only needs confidence.

Use Haider and Azam Khan as sloggers and deepen the batting line up, especially needed on those sluggish pitches in the WI.

Mitchell, Santner, Ferguson, Williamson, Ravindra , Boult , Allen, Neesham , 8 players from starting XI of NZ will miss Pakistan tour

I am waiting for the squad to be announced. Naseem, Abrar will be making their comebacks for sure along with Shadab.

WHat do you have to say about this squad? Looks pretty inexperienced as usual.

-----------------------------

Michael Bracewell to lead T20I Squad in Pakistan | Tim Robinson wins maiden call-up

Michael Bracewell is set to captain New Zealand when the BLACKCAPS tour Pakistan for a five match T20I series later this month.

Bracewell, who will skipper the team for the first time, has been side-lined since his most recent international appearance in March last year, firstly with a ruptured Achilles and then with a broken finger.

Since recovering he’s made a spectacular return to cricket, claiming his best first-class figures with the ball in his first match back in the Plunket Shield.

The all-rounder will lead a group that features a core of seasoned T20I players, including seven members of previous T20 World Cup squads, balanced by two players in Wellington’s Tim Robinson and Canterbury’s Will O’Rourke - selected in a BLACKCAPS T20I squad for the first time.

Robinson earns his maiden selection on the back of a standout Dream11 Super Smash campaign, where he finished as the second-highest run scorer in the men's competition, despite playing only six of the Firebirds' eleven games due to injury. The highlight was his 139 against the Otago Volts at the Cello Basin Reserve.

O’Rourke’s selection caps a summer that has seen him make his debut across the two other international formats, including the best match return on Test debut for New Zealand: nine for 93 against South Africa.

The 22-year-old also played a key role in the Canterbury Kings push to the Dream11 Super Smash Grand Final, taking 12 wickets at an average of 19.

BLACKCAPS selector Sam Wells said Bracewell had shown commendable patience and dedication in the past year to work his way back from injury.

“Michael has faced a long period on the sideline and it’s exciting to see him back playing cricket again," said Wells.

"The fact he’s back playing at a high level after an Achilles rupture is testament to his hard work and application.

“He’s a well-respected leader and has captaincy experience for Wellington along with New Zealand A and New Zealand XI teams, which we believe holds him in good stead to lead the group in Pakistan.”

On the potential new caps in the squad, Wells said both had earned their place on performance.

“Tim is still very early in his domestic career but his natural ability and explosive power was on full display this season.

"Combined with his outstanding fielding, we believe he has a skill-set that’s well suited to the format.

“We’ve been delighted with Will’s early efforts in international cricket, in both the formats he’s played so far.

"This tour will be an excellent chance for him to test his skills in foreign conditions.

BLACKCAPS T20 Squad for Pakistan

Michael Bracewell (c)

Finn Allen

Mark Chapman

Josh Clarkson

Jacob Duffy

Dean Foxcroft

Ben Lister

Cole McConchie

Adam Milne

Jimmy Neesham

Will O’Rourke*

Tim Robinson*

Ben Sears

Tim Seifert (WK)

Ish Sodhi

*Uncapped in the format

Trent Boult, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitch Santner and Kane Williamson were all unavailable due to Indian Premier League commitments.

Will Young was also unavailable for selection as he takes up a winter contract with Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, as was Tom Latham, who is awaiting the birth of his second child.

Tim Southee, the team’s leading T20 wicket taker since the last T20 World Cup, wasn’t considered for selection to allow him a period of prolonged conditioning following a busy playing schedule across formats.

Colin Munro was also unavailable for selection.

BLACKCAPS coach Gary Stead will lead a support staff group in Pakistan featuring batting coaching Luke Ronchi, and Canterbury’s High Performance Development Coach, Brendon Donkers, as bowling coach.

The coaching group will be assisted by former England international James Foster, who most recently worked with the team in the UK and India.

The playing group and support staff depart for Pakistan next Friday (April 12), with the first match against Pakistan in Rawalpindi on Thursday the 18th of April.

NZC​

WHat do you have to say about this squad? Looks pretty inexperienced as usual.

-----------------------------

Michael Bracewell to lead T20I Squad in Pakistan | Tim Robinson wins maiden call-up

Michael Bracewell is set to captain New Zealand when the BLACKCAPS tour Pakistan for a five match T20I series later this month.

Bracewell, who will skipper the team for the first time, has been side-lined since his most recent international appearance in March last year, firstly with a ruptured Achilles and then with a broken finger.

Since recovering he’s made a spectacular return to cricket, claiming his best first-class figures with the ball in his first match back in the Plunket Shield.

The all-rounder will lead a group that features a core of seasoned T20I players, including seven members of previous T20 World Cup squads, balanced by two players in Wellington’s Tim Robinson and Canterbury’s Will O’Rourke - selected in a BLACKCAPS T20I squad for the first time.

Robinson earns his maiden selection on the back of a standout Dream11 Super Smash campaign, where he finished as the second-highest run scorer in the men's competition, despite playing only six of the Firebirds' eleven games due to injury. The highlight was his 139 against the Otago Volts at the Cello Basin Reserve.

O’Rourke’s selection caps a summer that has seen him make his debut across the two other international formats, including the best match return on Test debut for New Zealand: nine for 93 against South Africa.

The 22-year-old also played a key role in the Canterbury Kings push to the Dream11 Super Smash Grand Final, taking 12 wickets at an average of 19.

BLACKCAPS selector Sam Wells said Bracewell had shown commendable patience and dedication in the past year to work his way back from injury.

“Michael has faced a long period on the sideline and it’s exciting to see him back playing cricket again," said Wells.

"The fact he’s back playing at a high level after an Achilles rupture is testament to his hard work and application.

“He’s a well-respected leader and has captaincy experience for Wellington along with New Zealand A and New Zealand XI teams, which we believe holds him in good stead to lead the group in Pakistan.”

On the potential new caps in the squad, Wells said both had earned their place on performance.

“Tim is still very early in his domestic career but his natural ability and explosive power was on full display this season.

"Combined with his outstanding fielding, we believe he has a skill-set that’s well suited to the format.

“We’ve been delighted with Will’s early efforts in international cricket, in both the formats he’s played so far.

"This tour will be an excellent chance for him to test his skills in foreign conditions.

BLACKCAPS T20 Squad for Pakistan

Michael Bracewell (c)

Finn Allen

Mark Chapman

Josh Clarkson

Jacob Duffy

Dean Foxcroft

Ben Lister

Cole McConchie

Adam Milne

Jimmy Neesham

Will O’Rourke*

Tim Robinson*

Ben Sears

Tim Seifert (WK)

Ish Sodhi

*Uncapped in the format

Trent Boult, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitch Santner and Kane Williamson were all unavailable due to Indian Premier League commitments.

Will Young was also unavailable for selection as he takes up a winter contract with Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, as was Tom Latham, who is awaiting the birth of his second child.

Tim Southee, the team’s leading T20 wicket taker since the last T20 World Cup, wasn’t considered for selection to allow him a period of prolonged conditioning following a busy playing schedule across formats.

Colin Munro was also unavailable for selection.

BLACKCAPS coach Gary Stead will lead a support staff group in Pakistan featuring batting coaching Luke Ronchi, and Canterbury’s High Performance Development Coach, Brendon Donkers, as bowling coach.

The coaching group will be assisted by former England international James Foster, who most recently worked with the team in the UK and India.

The playing group and support staff depart for Pakistan next Friday (April 12), with the first match against Pakistan in Rawalpindi on Thursday the 18th of April.

NZC​
We'll thrash NZ and fans will use this excuse to state why Bobby is oxygen for the team. 😂.

It helps NZ build their bench strength. Teams don't take bilaterals seriously unless their positions is unsafe.

Josh Clarkson , O Rourke, Sears all have a chance to put their hands up and perform.

Despite this being a 'C' team, they are still impressive.

A similar 'C' team drew a T20 series in Pakistan last year , so this should be intriguing

Young Tim Robinson , too. New Zealand are producing some really good talents.

Surprising.

Don’t really care about the squad NZ sent

There is no doubt

Finn Allen ki Dehshat hai poore Pakistan main

Pakistan will be scared to bench their frontline bowlers against this B team and still lose some games with their senior players

Perfect time to bench/rest Babar , Rizwan , Shaheeen, Naseem , Fakhar and Haris Rauf

Should have announced Shadab Khan as captain and given the opportunity to youngsters and returning retirees Amir and Imad

Maximum five as they have more than ten quality players who are definitely selected for Wt20 ( All are playing in IPL)
These 6 are most likely going
Milne, Allen, Neesham, Chapman/bracewell, Sodhi, Sears

O rourke, seifert, bracewell/ chapman are outside chances if injuries occur.

We have the general pieces we will use for the WC but no idea how to put them together yet.

Need to try different opening partners with Saim, Rizwan did not have a good PSL as an opener and we have better options now. Need to have our bowlers compete for the 3rd/4th pacer spot and Naseem/Shaheen to not play all the matches. Abbas Afridi was our best bowler in the T20 series against the full strength New Zealand side so he’s probably earned that spot as of now.

You heros Imad, fakhar, Usman etc will play against the same team as well.
Don't Diss fakhar. Imad arguments make sense and I only step in when some loony toon claims nawaz or usama mir is superior, but don't Diss fakhar.

Fakhar has won a cup for Pakistan, Saved Pakistan from an embrassing humiliation at the hands of NZ, is the first and only pakistani in history to score a 200 in odi, and when onsong is pur best batsmen by miles, and not a single person can compete and he was forced to fix babar's nonsense 39 of 34, and atleast bring it to a competitive total which no longer matters since Bobby is so braindead he bowled his most expensive bowler during crucial stages.

Only an idiot nation like us would remove an X Factor from opening and replace him for the biggest drama bazi clown in existence .

Any other nation would do their utmost to give fakhar world class coaching and would iron out all his issues, he'd be treated like a god and would be given the biggest confidence in the world to perform on big stages.

Instead we shatter his confidence, make it clear that we lose trust in him and replace him for rizwan in t20 and for Abdullah a dude who'd only played 7 List A games before his wc call up.

Once your hero babar and rizwan win a cup for us, then we'll talk.

Tim Robinson is one of the 2 guys who might be making their debut against Pakistan in the upcoming T20 series. He is the one to look out for. Smashed back-to-back hundreds in New Zealand's domestic cup.

-------------------------------

Tim Robinson speaking ahead of the T20 series against Pakistan:

“I’m just really excited to go and play a team like Pakistan. They’re a fantastic team and they’re formidable at home, so I’m really excited to go and try to express myself and give it a real red-hot crack. Hopefully, I can entertain some people over there, and that’s the goal. But yeah, I’m just really excited to get over there and give it a crack.”​

Dont care what team Kiwis send they will easily beat Pak and that is the truth.

Back