New Zealand (178/7) defeat Pakistan (174/8) by 4 runs to go 2-1 up in the 5-match T20I series

Zaman Khan is one-dimensional. Has he got anything else to offer apart from his yorker ?

The plan is to give everyone 1 over spells 5 times in a row
Babar purposely selected this combination he's going to come back post match and say see I told amir isn't needed in the team

Any captain with sense would play

Shaheen
Amir
naseem/afridi/zaman
Abrar

Usama mir has no bussiness here should have been abrar

Imad should be in place of shadab or iftikhar

Babar purposely losing this game so he has his own way

Zaman got a wicket but my stance on him remains unchanged.

Should have gone for Ali.

Hate this bowler.

Big Foxy in the house

This guy is a dud against spin but can play pace I tell you

Thank god for that. Zaman with a slower ball. Looks like pace off is way to go here.

Babar purposely selected this combination he's going to come back post match and say see I told amir isn't needed in the team

Shaheen
Amir
naseem/afridi/zaman
Abrar

Problem is Babar's own performance is never taken into account

This is the level of our team that our full-strength team is nervous in front of this weak New Zealand side.

It's a real test for some of these guys - especially Zaman Khan.
Make or break couple games for them which will most likely decide their T20 WC selection.
I do hope he does well but hopes aren't too high

Amir needs to work on his swing

He’s become too much of this mix it up bowler

His first over has to be 6 in swingers targeting the pads

This is the level of our team that our full-strength team is nervous in front of this weak New Zealand side.
more importantly , in HOME conditions ..... some other thread , peeps were touting as best bowling attack in World :rolleyes:

It's a real test for some of these guys - especially Zaman Khan.
Make or break couple games for them which will most likely decide their T20 WC selection.
I do hope he does well but hopes aren't too high
His action is such that he can never swing, or have any variation like offcutters that Amir bowls.

It'll always be slow balls, Yorkers, bouncers or trundler type deliveries. No point in ever having such a player in your team.

Ofcourse malinga was an exception but for different reasons.

TBH, I dont mind the mix-up
With Shaheen trying the same thing from the other end (i.e. swining it into the right hander), it will be too predicable for the batters

With Shaheen trying the same thing from the other end (i.e. swining it into the right hander), it will be too predicable for the batters
He has to be ready to be the leader of the attack. What if Shaheen gets injured?

Trent Boult rates Amir highly, he needs to be lethal in his first over and then work his way into defensive mode going through the spell.

That unplayable inswing that he could do in 2017 was already unplayable.

Tbh I don't think he has the pace for it anymore. He looks like a hasbeen bowler. But still better then shaheen and naseem ironically

It's our captain playing politics
Look I detest Babar's captaincy more than anyone, but we cannot ask for rotation and experimentation then complain when we see it.

We've bowled Shaheen and Naseem into the ground over the last few years. Naseem is coming back from injury. We have 4 T20s in England next month so missing this game is not a big issue. This series result matters little anyway.

However yes I do fear if we lose this match, Babar will stop experimenting and go back to safety first mode with full strength teams.

more importantly , in HOME conditions ..... some other thread , peeps were touting as best bowling attack in World :rolleyes:
tbh, we have a decent bowling attack. We just arnt playing our strongest XI today (which is fine, it's good that we expirement)

He has to be ready to be the leader of the attack. What if Shaheen gets injured?

Trent Boult rates Amir highly, he needs to be lethal in his first over and then work his way into defensive mode going through the spell.
Bro he no longer has that unplayable inswing. Pace is down, still better then shaheen and naseem though

Will the spin department do wonders for Pakistan tonight?
6DNUnHe.jpeg

There's no upside to playing our strongest team in this series. It would be nothing more than a stats padding exercise against weakened opponents from which we'd learn nothing.
We're playing England away next month and we can go full strength there.
if we just try out too many bowling options and no one plays together we won’t understand our best attack. We’ll hardly learn anything about our bowling attack from this series.

This series will end and I don’t think there will even be enough time to figure out if imad or Amir are still good enough. Can imad play in same team as Shadab? Or is Naseem same from injury. Those are more important issues for me than whether guys like Abbas or Zaman are good back up options. Not to mention so many returning players need the match practice.

Shaheen is probably the only bowler I’d confidently rest knowing he will be good enough to play in t20 World Cup.

To get Indian Top order , you gotta be able to swing the ball. They wont be bothered by mixing up pace coz all of them have excellent timing and hand eye coordination

To get Indian Top order , you gotta be able to swing the ball. They wont be bothered by mixing up pace coz all of them have excellent timing and hand eye coordination
This is the thing

He has worked on the art of bowling in different phases of the game. Good death bowler,

But his identity was that of a lethal opening bowler, he shouldn’t forget that.

Crowd is so dead there's no applause for the boundaries by the opposition

By no means this is a full house

Usama Mir bowling himself out of contention for T20 World Cup.

Shaheen
Amir
naseem/afridi/zaman
Abrar

I think the management is just experimenting and can't blame them for doing so.

I remember Micky was experimenting leading up to the 2019 world cup in a couple series against Australia and England. We ended up loosing 9-0 if I recall.

People were calling for his head.

Then leading up to last years world cup, the management didn't experiment and people were calling for his head saying our management is too rigid.

Can't please anyone.

Crowd is so dead there's no applause for the boundaries by the opposition

By no means this is a full house
I think the crowd will build up when Pakistan bat
Yeah -- desi crowds generally doesn't clap for the opposition

Imad is showing a nice recovery.
I'd be tempted to rest him and try him in the middle overs, just as an experimentation.
Because he is an experienced bowler! Used all his experience on a day when he has had trouble holding his line.

Usama nir is such a downgrade from psl, this is why I said abrar is frontline even if usama outperformed in psl.

One is a mystery spinner and the other can't spin and relies on bounce which doesn't work

Also babar clapping everytime we get a 6 irritates me so such. Sarfraz use to come up to his bowlers to give advice and change field settings.

Such a useless captain.

Usama nir is such a downgrade from psl, this is why I said abrar is frontline even if usama outperformed in psl.

One is a mystery spinner and the other can't spin and relies on bounce which doesn't work

Also babar clapping everytime we get a 6 irritates me so such. Sarfraz use to come up to his bowlers to give advice and change field settings.

Such a useless captain.
Hang on, is Abrar not playing today?

Back