New Zealand v Sri Lanka, 1st Test, Christchurch

PlanetPakistan said:
considering the fact that you live in the US i am amazed at how you get watch every match

:))) I got my ways aka cricket fever

Last edited:
Vaas bowling and he is covered with white goop. a LBW appeal but pitched outside leg I think

yes LBW. NZ 4-1. trail by 150. How was the players name not a question.
a catch on no ball now off Malinga

BTW C Martin just picked his 100th test wicket
So currently he has 100 test wickets and 48 runs in his entire test career!

I don't know who were commentating before this change - for me they were close to the most boring pair/commentators. maybe Willis can be compared to them. I don't mind bad commentary if it makes you smile or angry but this is just boring and sleepy.

Sad to see Lanka collapse like that. They have some extremely talented batsman.

Easa said:
Sad to see Lanka collapse like that. They have some extremely talented batsman.
Cant say it wasnt expected but it did seem like Sri Lanka might have grown a spine playing away while under Jayawardene

PlanetPakistan said:
All the sub continental teams(with the exception of PAK) have historically struggled in NZ!
Its cause of their fear of our pace bowling that they never give us gardens

Interesting that both opening bowlers for New Zealand, predominantly swing the ball in. Most right-arm swing bowlers with the new ball work on swinging it away, to the point where inswing is an under-rated art.

The thing about quality inswing bowling is that if the batsman misses, there is a chance of getting them LBW or bowled. With out-swing bowling, if the batsman misses it goes straight through to the keeper.

And if your going for the mode of dismissal that is either LBW or bowled your likely to bowl quite full which is something that Bond certainly does. It makes for aggressive, entertaining cricket.

Recently there have not seen many high quality right arm bowlers whose stock ball with the new ball is inswing. Imran Khan perhaps, but that is going back a few years. Pakistan have of course had other right-arm bowlers who could obtain wicked inswing, but that was more with the old ball.

Shane Bond certainly swings that new ball in, and he is certainly a high quality performer.

Malinga is looking good. Throwing everything at the Kiwis. Nearly bowling Vettori twice this over.

Jayasuriya with a six over point in second over
SL 14-0 trail by 38

Jayasuriya out in unfortunate runout. batsman hits the ball straight, Bond touches the ball and it hits the stumps
SL 18-1

abdul9383 said:
i think its 10 but you should check it out anyways.

PS i wonder how the mods feel about this a peronal conversation
don't worry they are all sleeping...

Great day for New Zealnders overall. After sl fought back, NZ took the advantage away from them.

By the way, I estimate that in 2 days cricket so far, 30 people in total have turned up to watch the action in the stadium.

does any1 even care about what the Kiwis do? they think test cricket is in trouble in the sub continent..look at the kiwis..so boring theyre own people dont watch em!!

Saj said:
By the way, I estimate that in 2 days cricket so far, 30 people in total have turned up to watch the action in the stadium.

Yes it is very sad for the future of Test Cricket outside of England, Australia, India and the Windies. In mitigation NZ has a tiny population and Cricket is probably not even in the top 3 sports over there. First is Rugby, then Women's Rugby and then, if reports are to believed, domestic violence.

pak4life said:
130-150 will be a fighting total with murali to bowl

Indeed. Long way to go yet though. Only two wickets in hand........Kumar gonna have to do something special.

I got to say yesterday, Sri Lanka were unfortunate with umpiring decisions. They certainly could have had more LBWs than were given.

rain stops play. Good news for Sri Lanka if it lasts long. Though Cozier is saying around 15 minutes break.

Rain; What a bollock.

I love watching NZ especially at home with their fantastic commentary team.

evertonfan said:
Rain; What a bollock.

I love watching NZ especially at home with their fantastic commentary team.

Couldn't resist the dig eh :p

Slainga gone....man what an innings this has been from Sangakarra!!! 81/143 runs and if my math is correct that comes out to 57%...

they could have just finished the match yesterday (2nd day of the test). one wicket left and 30 runs to score for NZ

Really hope Sangakkara can get his 100. He's on 95* now. Hit an uppercut 6 last over off Bond.

He certainly deserves a century, for this has been an excellent innings.

Lead of 112 at the moment.

If they can get it up to 150 then they have a chance.

Back