NZ vs Eng Warmup Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruri

First Class Star
Runs
England seem to be failing at batting. 135-4 currently, high scorer Cook at I dunno what, but over 40. Trott, Compo, KP gone for relatively little.

Oh our usual collapse. Hopefully they'll pack it in for the actual matches.

I don't think it would be an easy series for English boys. At least not as easy as some English fans think.

NZ seamers are quite a handful so England should watch out

I don't think it would be an easy series for English boys. At least not as easy as some English fans think.

Our opening bowlers should make their batsmen look like schoolchildren. But our batting lineup is prone to collapsing like toddlers too, so NZ could win off those.

NZ will be hoping Broad and Bresnan will be playing, that's their best chance of winning a test match.

Boult, Southee, wouldn't surprise me if New Zealand can avoid a whitewash. Taylor's back too remember.

By organzing the LOI leg before the Test series NZC has certainly made things even easier for Engarrlaand. SLC did the same against Aus and NZ on their last tours. Didn't work out too well obviously. Home advantage down the drain.

357/7. Seems okay, it's unlikely the NZ XI will score that much.

Pretty flat wickets around NZ at the moment. 350 was chased in an OD match this week at the Basin Reserve which is hosting the 2nd test i think.

England ahead by 320 with a day still to play. Hopefully we will win.

They say that Finn has fixed his stump-brushing problem by shortening his run-up, and has lost no pace in this pursuit. Exciting times!

Dobell has watched Onions in India and New Zealand and reckons he's lost a bit of zip after the back injury. Good enough to take wickets in county cricket and English conditions but possibly not elsewhere.

Why the hell was Gillespie dropped after a 6-fer against Saffers?

Big mistake by NZC to schedule ODI and T20 before tests. But then again, if they were competent, we wouldn't be wallowing in muck would we?

He was never dropped bro he got injured at bad times then Southee and Boult looked great in India and Sri Lanka so he couldnt get a look in. Ether him or Wagner will get the extra spot in the test squad.

Two guys in this NZ 11 i went to school with and cleaned up in the nets.

What a difference 6 years makes lmao.

NZ chase down 334 with 3 wickets left, Watling scored 89. Good job NZ

Top effort that by the kiwis/seth africans. Hope the Test series ends up being a good one.

357/7. Seems okay, it's unlikely the NZ XI will score that much.

Yeah talk na jimmy.

Kiwis were sporty declaring the innings, but greedy England were thinking more about victory in a tour match than getting practice:yk

And Flower have made it clear previously that his team is allways going for win in a warm up, but not this time mate.

Poor showing by the English batsmen, much worse showing by our bowlers. We don't have a reliable third seamer nowadays. For a while we seemed to be swimming in pace riches with Bresnan, Tremlett, Finn and Onions seeming top support to the duo of Anderson and Broad. Now we only have Finn and Anderson as our reliable seamers.

Hopefully with those two heading the charge, we wont need much of Broad to relieve the pressure. But this might be rougher than expected, this series. Some of our lads might still be napping.

Fantastic win for the NZXI the win gives some hope to the black caps :)

So South Zealand beat Englafrica eh?

Good to see these new hybrid rivalries crop up all the time.

So South Zealand beat Englafrica eh?

Good to see these new hybrid rivalries crop up all the time.
Get over it, there's a logical reason why people migrate to more developed countries that's why they'll never be an aussie or englishmen playing for india.

Last edited:
Get over it, there's a logical reason why people migrate to more developed countries that's why they'll never be an aussie or englishmen playing for india.

So what does that say about South Africa?

With over a billion people here, we don't want any more in any case thanks for the offer though.

So what does that say about South Africa?

With over a billion people here, we don't want any more in any case thanks for the offer though.
With 1billion people and all the money you guys still struggle to win games despite having everything in your favor .. :facepalm:

With 1billion people and all the money you guys still struggle to win games despite having everything in your favor .. :facepalm:

You're Indian aren't you?

You're Indian aren't you?
Yes and boy do I get stick from kiwi mates when the Olympics come around... they may see me as an Indian but I see myself more as a kiwi these days

Yes and boy do I get stick from kiwi mates when the Olympics come around... they may see me as an Indian but I see myself more as a kiwi these days

Pretty much the definition of an identity crisis, that. Do you still hold an Indian passport?

congrats to the New Zealanders, clearly we have a lot to think about.

congrats to the New Zealanders, clearly we have a lot to think about.

Please send an email to Andy flower making it clear that Stuart Broad is not a member of the royal family and can be dropped.

WTH!Atleast this game brings to the fore the reason why Onions has not been in the team recently

Bit worried for Swanny too. Hoping he sorts it out for the real stuff

Swann took 4/100 at econ of around 2, it's the seamers who are to blame.

Onions 1/213. Eppy fail

I wonder if he is done after that back surgery. He was also carted around Tino in his last game for England. Andy Bull of Guardian tells that Tremlett is getting there but is only a realistic option for the Ashes down under. May be time to give some intl exposure to Topley or the Overtons!

I wouldn't be too worried Anderson and Finn weren't playing

True, but the batting was mediocre, and the guffness of our bowlers that aren't called James, Steven and Graeme is a worry for this year where we are playing 15 Tests. We need more than 3 good bowlers.

True, but the batting was mediocre, and the guffness of our bowlers that aren't called James, Steven and Graeme is a worry for this year where we are playing 15 Tests. We need more than 3 good bowlers.
For NZ's sake I hope Broads one of them

Am tempted to say he's finished after the back injury and this miserable return...

NZ will probably go with Southee, Boult, Bracewell, Wagner and Jeets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back