ODI#5: Pak V Eng: Pindi : Discussion and Scoreboard..

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
Possible changes in both teams but the question on everybodys minds is - Can England salvage some pride or will they go thru the motions with an eye on the BA timetable for tonights flight back home ?

As for Pak, well it doesnt matter if they score 350+ or 210 - they just seem to be doing the right things - they are on an incredible high.

Today could also be a chance for us to see some new talent on Pak side - Asif, Arafat and the perenial Fishermans friend (joke): Hameed.

Match should start in the next 15 minutes or so....

England won the toss and elected to bat first

England team:
*ME Trescothick, MJ Prior, AJ Strauss, PD Collingwood,
VS Solanki, A Flintoff, SD Udal, +GO Jones, ID Blackwell,
LE Plunkett, SJ Harmison.

Pakistan team:
Salman Butt, +Kamran Akmal, *Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf,
Shahid Afridi, Yasir Hameed, Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik,
Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Arshad Khan.

For England, Harmison is back and Anderson stays out

For Pakistan, Mohammed Asif is on debut and Younis Khan stands in as the skipper. Akhtar, Inzamam and Sami are rested, in their place are Hameed, Mohammad Asif and Arshad Khan is in, Kaneria is in the super sub

England has won the toss and elected to Bat. They have included Udal in their lineup.

naheen yaar - just picked it up from cricbuz !!

Just saw on TV all the team gathering around Muhammad Asif and captain YK giving a brand new Cap to asif for his debut and all the team hugging Asif,

Hope Asif can repeat the performance against England in the warm up match!

MenInGreen said:
For Pakistan, Mohammed Asif is on debut and Younis Khan stands in as the skipper. Akhtar, Inzamam and Sami are rested, in their place are Hameed, Mohammad Asif and Arshad Khan is in, Kaneria is in the super sub

shades of Inzi. is this from cricbuz? perhaps Inzi looking for a fallback. :)

when interviewing Bob Paul alot asked wat changed have been made he said shobby inzy and completyly forgot sami's name ..It was like WTH is the name of the bowler who i coached so much but Dont learn ........OH HAAAAAAAAN SAMI

Kaneria super sub? Say it is not so, I was hoping to see Arafat have another go atleast on his home ground.

team-pak said:
shades of Inzi. is this from cricbuz? perhaps Inzi looking for a fallback. :)

yes word for word !! sorry :(

i so wish i could post a link to watch the game for ppl who aint watching...i feel for u..but its not allowed unfortunately;)

I think spin is what Pak want to depend on for this in Shoaibs absence. How would Arafat fit in ? Maybe they should have dropped Afridi or Razzaq ? :)

post toss interview, younis khan saying "it is my habit to win every match". younis bhai, you are a good captain, learn to talk about the team and not yourself.

Per Cricinfo intro:
"Rudi Koertzen and Tony Hill are the umpires. Mian Aslam is the reserve umpire. Zameer Haider will perform the duty of Zameer Haider."
The last sentence is funny!

So once again, Pakistna have opted for a bowler for super sub who is going to become useless. Meanwhile, had we had ARafat on his HOME GROUND, he would come of good use with the bat.

team-pak said:
post toss interview, younis khan saying "it is my habit to win every match". younis bhai, you are a good captain, learn to talk about the team and not yourself.

Just take it as a joke, bhai

MenInGreen said:
I think spin is what Pak want to depend on for this in Shoaibs absence. How would Arafat fit in ? Maybe they should have dropped Afridi or Razzaq ? :)
Kaneria does not fit in now, unless he figures how to bat within 2 hours!

We already have 3 spinners, with malik, afridi and arshad. Why opt for Kaneria as a forth? It just beats me, should have gone with Arafat.

HAFRIDI said:
i so wish i could post a link to watch the game for ppl who aint watching...i feel for u..but its not allowed unfortunately;)
can u plz send me personal message with that link??

Pakistan's supersub strategy seems to rely on winning the toss and batting first. They have the idea that the whole supersub notion is a gamble. It is to an extent but you can counter that with an all-rounder. Anyway this has been discussed at length by us but Woolmer/Inzi/YK obviously have their own ideas.

Not the best of balls to start your international career(ODIs)

What a way to make a debut, bowled Tresco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BOWLED HIM! Third ball of his career!

Tresco did not expect a ball so close to the stumps(even though it was wide of off stump, it was less wide than the others! lol)

asif's action seems dodgy to me, that last ball looked like a chuck, isit just me??

Asif could replace Sami ... permanently :D

Mo Asif! What a start from him!!!!!! Lets hope he can keep knocking em over.

HAFRIDI said:
asif's action seems dodgy to me, that last ball looked like a chuck, isit just me??

you have a point there. I also am not liking his action. :10:

hasanahmad said:
Well he has had a better start than the last 40 ODIs from Sami

Can we not start this into a Sami bashing thread? Its kinda getting boring now.

this is the first time im on pp while game is on, im suprised at the atmosphere

its buzzing

his arm movement is similiar to Flintoff, front on action, its fine if flintoff is fine

great ball by asif shaves offstump, commentators analyzing his action

slow motion was there, his arm movement is perfect. Botham says if his left arm is more smooth in movement he cant get upto 90 MPH with his action

Short and wide from Asif, cut away for four by Strauss.

his action is very slingy like kaspro or shoaib.

And his action straight away under scrutiny by Botham. Something about his left arm gone early.

Botham saying if his left arm and head is being used correctly he can add a yard of pace

Back