On This Day: October 17, 1980 - 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez was born

dhump

Senior T20I Player
Runs
146885.jpg

As a player, Hafeez gives the team plenty of options: he usually bats aggressively at the top of the order, but his organised technique also means he can switch to defensive mode if required. He doesn't flight his offbreaks much, but his excellent control over line and length allows the captain to use him at almost any stage of an innings. He is also one of the better fielders in the Pakistan team, especially in the point region.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday Mohammad Hafeez

Too many negative posts about Mohammad Hafeez, so let´s put the trend to a rest for a day to wish a very, very, very Happy Birthday to him:135:.

He turns 32 today.

God bless you with success:). Amen!

Happy Birthday to Hafeez.

Congos to him for bringing stability to the team and would walk into any team as a bowler only.

Show some respect.

Was our best player in the World T20. Played his part with both bat and ball and he has been consistent with the bat in all formats and in all countries.

It is my birthday after two days:pkflag

I don't care what people have to say about him, but I am a fan of Hafeez. Happy brithday Feeza bhai, you are our future captain. May Allah shower his blessings upon you! :hafeez

On This Day October 17th, 1980: Mohammad Hafeez was born

Mohammad Hafeez is a right handed opening batsman and right arm off spin bowler for Pakistan.

Up until 2010, Hafeez had been in and out of the Pakistan squad since making his debut in 2003, without actually cementing his place in either version of the game. His comeback on the tour of England in 2010 led to a newfound consistency in his game. The new Mohammad Hafeez was performing well with both bat and ball with technical deficiencies having been worked upon in his time off. Hafeez became a mainstay in the side and solidified his position as a spinning all-rounder in the team forming a respectable spin trio with Saeed Ajmal and Shahid Afridi.

IMG_5693.jpeg

Consistent performances in all three formats earned him the captaincy for the Twenty20 team. In the 2012 ICC Twenty20 World Cup, Hafeez successfully led Pakistan to their fourth consecutive Twenty20 World Cup semi-final where they lost to the home team, Sri Lanka.

Some excellent performances in T20Is, notably against South Africa and India have led to some calling for him to take over from MIsbah-Ul-Haq as captain in Tests and ODIs. However, his form in those formats has been inconsistent, and a desperately poor Test series against South Africa means he may be waiting a while longer before expanding his captaincy to the other formats.

http://www.pakpassion.net/29

3 birthday boys already on the field in the ongoing series: Shan Masood, Saeed Ajmal, and Jacques Kallis. Hafeez could've well been on this list, but unfortunately, his dip in form meant that he got axed and was unable to take the field on his 33rd! Feel bad for the guy (but gotta say that he got what he deserved). :|

There is no possible way I could feel bad for Hafeez. He was long due an axing

On This Day October 17th, 1980: Mohammad Hafeez was born

Happy Birthday! A tough phase of life for him! If he can make it make, it could well be a career-defining period, but maybe not quite either given how many comeback the Pakistan players make....

The way our selectors work, a good T20 knock should see him selected in the next test series.

The day a perfect baby was born. Blessed in all facets and nothing wrong with technique.
Nevertheless,Happy Birthday! :19:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You may be a bad test player but you are a good ODI player and a great T20 player. Wont forget how we have yet to lose a T20 series under his captaincy.

Well as a birthday gift, I would nominate Hafeez to get an honorary Man of Match award if Pakistan go on to win this test match.

Lets face it, with Hafeez being absent he has made the biggest contribution to the Pakistan team that he could have ever made in the cause of Pakistan to win against South Africa in a test match. Its definitely a man of the match contribution by a player not being on the field if there ever has been.

Well as a birthday gift, I would nominate Hafeez to get an honorary Man of Match award if Pakistan go on to win this test match.

Lets face it, with Hafeez being absent he has made the biggest contribution to the Pakistan team that he could have ever made in the cause of Pakistan to win against South Africa in a test match. Its definitely a man of the match contribution by a player not being on the field if there ever has been.

Genius! Affecting matches that he isn't even part of.

"Blessed in all facets and formats" :hafeez

At 35 years age, fitness issues, inconsistent performances in T20 format especially and seriously Bad last two years of T20i should Hafeez eye 2020 WT20 in Australia as a 39-40 years old ? Even if he gets his bowling ban off than too he won't be effective spinner as a 40 years old bowler.

Should he announce his T20i retirement now ?

Should PCB drop curtains over his T20i career ?

He is No Hussey or Hodge in T20 format.

At 35 years age, fitness issues, inconsistent performances in T20 format especially and seriously Bad last two years of T20i should Hafeez eye 2020 WT20 in Australia as a 39-40 years old ? Even if he gets his bowling ban off than too he won't be effective spinner as a 40 years old bowler.

Drop your highest run scorer in T20s?you have to be kidding me

Drop your highest run scorer in T20s?you have to be kidding me
Is he in the picture of next World T20 ?

For limited overs format all international teams after worldcups only carry those players who they can think can contribute to the team in the next Worldcups.

Whereas in test cricket you just go series by series.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pakistanis will never retire on their own. Even Misbah and Afridi said farewell when they reached their 40's.

Pakistanis will never retire on their own. Even Misbah and Afridi said farewell when they reached their 40's.
Misbah set a very high standard for the selfish players. I remember kamran akmal saying if misbah can play in his 40s so can he. :facepalm: i hope this doesn't become a trend.

Misbah set a very high standard for the selfish players. I remember kamran akmal saying if misbah can play in his 40s so can he. :facepalm: i hope this doesn't become a trend.

Even if he hadn't Pakistanis wouldn't retire that easily. It's always been like this and that's why our top players like Inzi, Wasim, Waqar always had to be sacked or booted out.

Now it's on the selectors to move on. But they are afraid to lose which is why they will keep selecting the best guys (according to them). Hafeez is still one of the best currently according to many PCB officials.

Pakistanis will never retire on their own. Even Misbah and Afridi said farewell when reached their 40's.
Because of this team suffers alot as extra baggage never helps.

The biggest example is one of the very best we produced.

Javed Miandad.

In 1996 WC as I read he was absolutely not even 20 % of Javed at his peak yet he played. It was like a 10 membered team including him in playing eleven.

Hafeez played one of the best Odi knocks of his last 5 years in NZ lately and it was a treat to watch but seeing his PSL and Asia cup struggles & Injuries woes coupled with his average of 15 in T20i in last 2 years and next World T20 in 2020 I don't think 39 years old Hafeez will give match winning or match setting performances as a 39 years old down the hill player.

After World T20 or World cups only those players should play who can play next worldcup at a optimum level of performance. This is why teams go for real rebuilding.

Funny how time flies, it just seems like yesterday that he was Pollock bunny for lbw back in the days when countries were touring Pakistan. He gone to great lengths statistically since then: chucking out quite a few batsmen and surgically selective scoring against soft opposition or easy situations. He maybe a soft player, but one has to credit him for the preciseness of it.

Because of this team suffers alot as extra baggage never helps.

The biggest example is one of the very best we produced.

Javed Miandad.

In 1996 WC as I read he was absolutely not even 20 % of Javed at his peak yet he played. It was like a 10 membered team including him in playing eleven.

Hafeez played one of the best Odi knocks of his last 5 years in NZ lately and it was a treat to watch but seeing his PSL and Asia cup struggles & Injuries woes coupled with his average of 15 in T20i in last 2 years and next World T20 in 2020 I don't think 39 years old Hafeez will give match winning or match setting performances as a 39 years old down the hill player.

After World T20 or World cups only those players should play who can play next worldcup at a optimum level of performance. This is why teams go for real rebuilding.

As I said in an earlier post there are two reasons for this:

1. Players don't care because they feel good and want to earn money (why not play leagues then instead of destroying Pak cricket?)

2. The PCB officials and all the garbage they recycle are too afraid to lose and that's why they'll always select the most experienced guys for even a game against Afghanistan.

That's why this trend will be continued. Write this down in case you wonder in the future why this keeps happening.

As I said in an earlier post there are two reasons for this:

1. Players don't care because they feel good and want to earn money (why not play leagues then instead of destroying Pak cricket?)

2. The PCB officials and all the garbage they recycle are too afraid to lose and that's why they'll always select the most experienced guys for even a game against Afghanistan.

That's why this trend will be continued. Write this down in case you wonder in the future why this keeps happening.
I am already aware of this trend.

But somehow it needs to change. Somebody has to take this step. Somebody has to draw line that enough is enough from now on this pattern and mentality has to change.

Happy 36th birthday Mohammad Hafeez

Happy Birthday to our Top Scorer in Odis from last 2 years(2015-2016)

Matches

Runs

Ave

SR

HS

100s

50s

Attachments

• 14705725_1091126090986491_3734507292141823833_n.jpg
    14705725_1091126090986491_3734507292141823833_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 492
Last edited by a moderator:
Salgira Mubbarak Mohammad Hafeez - May you have a long and prosperous life ahead !!

Grats.

10 times better batsman than the imposter batsman Malik.

Averaging 41 at 85 strike rate is very good. He's underrated. Can at least play pace and put bat on ball. Malik struggles to do even that.

The only way I see him coming back is if Inzi grows some spine and replaces Malik with him.

Otherwise not in the top order or as opener.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OnThisDay?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OnThisDay</a> in 1980. Mohammad Hafeez was born in Sargodha. The Professor has 386 international appearances, scoring 12,695 runs and has taken 252 wickets. He was also a member of the 2017 Champions Trophy winning team <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/VetNEskdaP">pic.twitter.com/VetNEskdaP</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1449676153212526592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 17, 2021</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back