[VIDEO]"Fitness trainer was told by Mickey Arthur and Babar Azam to stop checking fitness levels of players": Mohammad Hafeez

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Hafeez makes a shocking revelation every now since he was stripped of his post of director.

-------------------------

Mohammad Hafeez during a show said:

“When we went to Australia, I told the players to take care of their fitness levels. I also asked the trainer about the fitness of the players. He told me a shocking thing that, six months ago Team director, head coach, and captain told me to stop checking the players on the fitness parameters and let them play the way they want."

"When the fat levels of the players were checked after 6 months, the skin fold of all of them was 1.5 times higher than the standard. They were unfit and some of them couldn’t complete a 2 KM trial. It was shocking to me. The decision taken 6 months back overruled the set criteria for fitness. You will suffer defeats if the fitness is like that,”
View attachment hitting.mp4

Last edited:
Hafeez makes a shocking revelation every now since he was stripped of his post of director.

-------------------------

Mohammad Hafeez during a show said:

“When we went to Australia, I told the players to take care of their fitness levels. I also asked the trainer about the fitness of the players. He told me a shocking thing that, six months ago Team director, head coach, and captain told me to stop checking the players on the fitness parameters and let them play the way they want."

"When the fat levels of the players were checked after 6 months, the skin fold of all of them was 1.5 times higher than the standard. They were unfit and some of them couldn’t complete a 2 KM trial. It was shocking to me. The decision taken 6 months back overruled the set criteria for fitness. You will suffer defeats if the fitness is like that,”

This is some insane level stuff. You can see why Imam is looking like a telly tubby now and even Babar looks so fat.

this is not a galli mohalaa team this is national team and this is the attitude of players? they all need to be sacked no matter team loses all the games these fools need to be shown the door

I bet this was 100% a directive from Babar and the team cause Mickey was going through the motions this time around likely not wanting to ruffle feathers.

Embarrassing stuff.

The poor fitness standards are starting to make sense. Although Hafeez himself championed Azam and made the problem worse.

I bet this was 100% a directive from Babar and the team cause Mickey was going through the motions this time around likely not wanting to ruffle feathers.

Embarrassing stuff.

The poor fitness standards are starting to make sense. Although Hafeez himself championed Azam and made the problem worse.
Exactly. Hafeez hasn't got a leg to stand on here. He has admitted he picked Azam Khan and told him " he is not going anywhere"

Am sure the 'Azam Khan' brigade will be very happy with Mickey and Azam thing on fitness?

Mickey had zero control over the team. He used PCB for money and he got what he wanted because Sethi was obsessed with him thanks to the fluke Champions Trophy.

The way our players were hoarding on the food in India clearly showed that fitness was an afterthought.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not a galli mohalaa team this is national team and this is the attitude of players? they all need to be sacked no matter team loses all the games these fools need to be shown the door
Couldn't agree more. This is pathetic if true and the whole team should be sacked.

I was shocked to see videos showing that the team were gorging on full fat sodas during meetings. This was done right in front of management.

At that point it was obvious that Mickey didn’t give a damn about the outcomes of this team.

It remains hardly believable that even during a WORLD CUP the players themselves weren’t interested in a short term sacrifice to an optimised athletes diet.

They were more interested in the once in a lifetime opportunity to sample Indian cuisine.

Fitness is pathetic across the board in Pakistan.

This particular buck stops on Mickey and co. not recognising the issue and failing to take steps to enforce a proper regimented diet and exercise routine.

Those are the people who need to be sacked.

Though I am not saying this absolves the players of individual responsibility. Not by a long shot.

Sometimes even the fans do not want to accept the downfall in standards. Instead say that the game is in decline, makes it easier to accept than face the truth. Batting, bowling, ok I agree, cannot be resolved immediately, but things like fielding, fitness etc can be achieved in a set time period following regimented training.

One may hate Misbah and that era, but just look at how these elderly statesmen of then squad maintained their fitness, I can never recall Misbah, Hafeez, Younis ever looking unfit or wearing a potbelly. Standards of fitness in cricket keep getting better, just look at how the current England squad got fitter in the window before the India tour. Stokes, looks so much leaner, fitter.

I do not understand how PCB can be blind to these things?!

Loving this!

Players like Babar Azam should be exposed. You can clearly see has no interest in fitness just by looking at him. In no way he looks like an athlete. Carrying a belly. Also seeing the team eating unhealthy food all the time clearly shows their attitude.

Just look at Imad Wasim, Sahadab, Haris, even Naseem now. All carrying extra kilos.

Just drop this whole lot!

Need Hafeez to go full on and expose everything he saw in the team while in charge.

Just a couple of questions first though,

Why is he bringing this up now? He had ample opportunity the past few years to say something. He isn’t that far removed from the team and definitely friends with teammates. He would’ve known this was an issue before.

Why did he select Azam Khan? Literally the most unfit player on the Pakistani domestic circuit right now?

No surprise. So many reports were flowing in from India that these guys were having the time of their lives at their all you can eat WC campaign last year, with specifics down to which restaurants they went to indulging in all the dosas, Bombay biryanis, kebabs and mithai.

Even Indian team despite residing in India dont ball out the way we did on local food during a WC campaign when you need to be at your fittest.

Forgot to wash off excess oil from the paratha for the customary drop catch off Warner as well and others.

Ask the Pavilion should be renamed Ask the Hypocrites.

Both Hafeez and Misbah emphasise fitness sitting in TV studios, yet when placed in positions of authority - their principles disappeared as quickly as the plates of Hyderabad biriyani in the Pakistan dressing room during the World Cup.

What fitness tests did Azam Khan pass ? Azam's skinfold or yoyo test must be about as credible as the Pakistani Elections.

While it's true Mickey failed to uphold fitness standards like he did in his first tenure - we know there's no love lost between Mickey and Hafeez, especially after the former dropped Hafeez from the Test team in 2016. Sounds like some score settling is going on.

What's not revelatory is Babar, despite being the most powerful captain since Inzamam, letting players drift in their comfort zones just like his own stagnant batting. Yet his cult fans believe his dismissal from the captaincy was unjust ? He deserved the boot after the embarrassing 0-3 home whitewash to England.

Team was busy answering which biryani and ras malai is better in WC 🤣🤣🤣🤣

These players who are grown men and full time athletes and can't self regulate their fitness levels. :facepalm

The easy PSL money has destroyed Pakistani cricket.

Both Hafeez and Misbah emphasise fitness sitting in TV studios, yet when placed in positions of authority - their principles disappeared as quickly as the plates of Hyderabad biriyani in the Pakistan dressing room during the World Cup.

What fitness tests did Azam Khan pass ? Azam's skinfold or yoyo test must be about as credible as the Pakistani Elections.

While it's true Mickey failed to uphold fitness standards like he did in his first tenure - we know there's no love lost between Mickey and Hafeez, especially after the former dropped Hafeez from the Test team in 2016. Sounds like some score settling is going on.

What's not revelatory is Babar, despite being the most powerful captain since Inzamam, letting players drift in their comfort zones just like his own stagnant batting. Yet his cult fans believe his dismissal from the captaincy was unjust ? He deserved the boot after the embarrassing 0-3 home whitewash to England.

Both Hafeez and Misbah are at least qualified to comment on fitness, they can’t be criticised about that from their playing career.

And as for his comments, I think they are completely feasible based on what we’ve seen, sure everyone and their dog in Pakistan has ulterior motives but I agree with the exposing

This is interesting. He had a loud mouth before gaining authority and has a loud mouth again after losing his position. While in-charge, however, he was chup chaap. This could only mean either of the two options:

1- They are all talk and chicken out when in position
2- They feel threatened by internal forces

Embarrassing stuff.

Hafeez did not champion Azam, he was selected by Wahab. Hafeez championed giving new players a chance.

This is interesting. He had a loud mouth before gaining authority and has a loud mouth again after losing his position. While in-charge, however, he was chup chaap. This could only mean either of the two options:

1- They are all talk and chicken out when in position
2- They feel threatened by internal forces
Hafeez is an expert politician.

He smartly resigned from the Technical Committee before the World Cup to avoid culpability knowing we'd likely struggle, especially after the Asia Cup debacle.

He gave his big statements sitting in the TV studios which sufficiently impressed Zaka Ashraf who appointed him team director despite ZERO coaching experience.

He went on a nice family vacation to Australia during which he threw everybody under the bus including his captain, his players, umpires, and curators - not once taking responsibility.

Does the Pakistan team have fitness issues ? Should the previous management have done more ? Yes. However that doesn't mean we should ignore Hafeez's obvious politicking and self-preservation.

Hafeez is an expert politician.

He smartly resigned from the Technical Committee before the World Cup to avoid culpability knowing we'd likely struggle, especially after the Asia Cup debacle.

He gave his big statements sitting in the TV studios which sufficiently impressed Zaka Ashraf who appointed him team director despite ZERO coaching experience.

He went on a nice family vacation to Australia during which he threw everybody under the bus including his captain, his players, umpires, and curators - not once taking responsibility.

Does the Pakistan team have fitness issues ? Should the previous management have done more ? Yes. However that doesn't mean we should ignore Hafeez's obvious politicking and self-preservation.
Someone had to expose the political setup of Rizwan/Babar.

Where is it documented?

All I can see is that the players are happily knocking back cans of coke whilst a smiling Mickey is handing out useless ‘impact player’ awards.

Yeah I thought it might be from his old stint where he was genuinely committed.

In his online coach role Mickey couldn’t care less if the players were eating broccoli or biriyani.

It was a paycheck to him and nothing more.

Pcb should have let hafeez stay for 4 years eventually he would have made a difference - the coach players don’t like us the best coach…

Babar Azam was captain for 4 years with unquestioned authority to pick and choose whoever he wanted and to dictate the culture of the team as he saw fit. We all saw towards the end of his tenure where so many players had bellies i.e. Babar himself, Imam ul Haq. Heck Shadab who used to be the fittest player in the team and the best fielder has put on a significant amount of weight in the past year. It is very apparent Babar does not have the drive of Kohli which explains why his own performances and fitness has badly dipped in the last few years.

This team needs a tough nonsense foreign coach with full authority to shake things up. Pakistani players are unprofessional, indisciplined and cannot be trusted to their own devices.

misbah and hafeez were not selectors.

Misbah was forced to add Azam khan by the board.

You cant blame the players when the decision was made at the management level with regards to fitness.

Yeah I thought it might be from his old stint where he was genuinely committed.

In his online coach role Mickey couldn’t care less if the players were eating broccoli or biriyani.

It was a paycheck to him and nothing more.
It was a foolish decision to bring him back by the dozy chairman at the time. We had our run with mickey and it was time to move on and bring in fresh ideas not rinse and repeat.

misbah and hafeez were not selectors.

Misbah was forced to add Azam khan by the board.
You may have a player you don't want in the squad but that doesn't mean you're forced to play them in the XI. Misbah gave Azam three T20I caps in 2021 vs ENG and WI.

Fitness is overrated. It is more about skill.

A highly skilled Inzi at 50% fitness was way superior than any average Joe Bloggs at 110% fitness.

Yea fitness is important but we should just recognise the fact that we are an ordinary team.

You may have a player you don't want in the squad but that doesn't mean you're forced to play them in the XI. Misbah gave Azam three T20I caps in 2021 vs ENG and WI.
I think they had to because they were losing games and had limited options to try from.

If i am not wrong, Azam was used in the later matches not the initial

Says the guy who bought in azam khan

This guy should never be given a role in the pcb again.
Glad pcb got rid of him , wahab riaz should be next one out

A highly skilled Inzi at 50% fitness was way superior than any average Joe Bloggs at 110% fitness.

Yea fitness is important but we should just recognise the fact that we are an ordinary team.
Times changed big time. Top teams have elite fitness levels. And Inzi was a special talent. There is no such talent in the current set up.

Mickey the fraud had zero control over the team. He used PCB for money and he got what he wanted because Sethi was obsessed with him thanks to the fluke Champions Trophy.

The way our players were hoarding on the food in India clearly showed that fitness was an afterthought.
Your a fool for calling CT17 a fluke.

You don't maul an opposition in that manner and by that margin otherwise.

I understand a good discussion is healthy but Hafeez is just airing dirty laundry. These things should be talked to death behind closed doors. He should share who in PCB he brought this up with and what was done after. Needless to have this discussion in front of a camera.

We’re not in the 70s/80s/90s where you could win on talent alone.

The professionalism, work ethic, analytics, fitness and strategies all form a major part of the recipe for success in the modern era.

Also, has it not occurred to you that one of the reasons why Kohli is the best white ball batsman is because of his fitness? His elite fitness allows him to convert a lot more ones into twos. Something which is well beyond the capabilities of Babar with his biryani belly.

If you watched the 3 x match Afghanistan v Pakistan T20I series last year, Azam Khan with the gloves struggled to get down and collect Imad’s deliveries. And no I’m talking about wide balls, I’m talking about those which were pitched just outside off-stump and coming straight at him as we all know Imad doesn’t spin the ball.

High fitness standards shouldn’t just be desirable, it should be a pre-requisite for any major team that is serious about their cricket. Just like the Pakistan team, you clearly aren’t serious about the standards of the team. You should support a team UAE or Hong Kong, who I’m sure have players that have the same taste in your appetite.

“I never thought there is any other life without Babar Azam”

“I want to marry Babar Azam”

-Rameez Raja

Hun araam eh Ramiz?

Not sure what’s more creepy. Ramiz’s obsession of Babar or Major’s obsession of Misbah.

They were more interested in the once in a lifetime opportunity to sample Indian cuisine.

I blame the stay in Hyderabad and Kolkata, 2 Indian cities with famous halal meat based food along with Lucknow.

If the team were based in Pune, Ahmedabad, or Dharamsala I'm sure the players would not stroll out at 9pm for a Biryani dinner.
When I went to Delhi, one of my memorable outings was to Kareems in old Delhi

I blame the stay in Hyderabad and Kolkata, 2 Indian cities with famous halal meat based food along with Lucknow.

If the team were based in Pune, Ahmedabad, or Dharamsala I'm sure the players would not stroll out at 9pm for a Biryani dinner.
When I went to Delhi, one of my memorable outings was to Kareems in old Delhi
I am sure there are fast food places in Pune etc. They also love their fast food.

The flaws, and the attitude of the players and the board toward the game, and toward each other is disheartening.

The telly tubby as someone rightly pointed out had the audacity to go with Babar and buy his sherwani from India for his marriage after a dismal show during the tournament. The players are actually laughing in the fan's faces behind the scenes as they know they make good incomes while doing corrupted work. And there is no accountability.

Only a handful of pakistani players have taken fitness seriously and currently it's only Shoaib Malik left. He could have been father of some of these youngsters but still at 40+ he is a league above, fitness wise only.

It's a real shame that professional players getting so much money are carrying such bellies. Even Haris Rauf who was so skinny looks so unfit now. They have started treating cricket as a hobby only, someone needs to tell these jokers they are representing 25 crore people I feel embarrased looking at them lined up for national anthem, not a single player look like a professioal athlete.

We’re not in the 70s/80s/90s where you could win on talent alone.

The professionalism, work ethic, analytics, fitness and strategies all form a major part of the recipe for success in the modern era.

Also, has it not occurred to you that one of the reasons why Kohli is the best white ball batsman is because of his fitness? His elite fitness allows him to convert a lot more ones into twos. Something which is well beyond the capabilities of Babar with his biryani belly.

If you watched the 3 x match Afghanistan v Pakistan T20I series last year, Azam Khan with the gloves struggled to get down and collect Imad’s deliveries. And no I’m talking about wide balls, I’m talking about those which were pitched just outside off-stump and coming straight at him as we all know Imad doesn’t spin the ball.

High fitness standards shouldn’t just be desirable, it should be a pre-requisite for any major team that is serious about their cricket. Just like the Pakistan team, you clearly aren’t serious about the standards of the team. You should support a team UAE or Hong Kong, who I’m sure have players that have the same taste in your appetite.
Azam Khan is not international material even if he sheds his weight by half.

The point I am trying to make is that we will still be an ordinary team if everyone was super fit. Find players who have more skill rather than blaming it all on fitness.

Only a handful of pakistani players have taken fitness seriously and currently it's only Shoaib Malik left. He could have been father of some of these youngsters but still at 40+ he is a league above, fitness wise only.

It's a real shame that professional players getting so much money are carrying such bellies. Even Haris Rauf who was so skinny looks so unfit now. They have started treating cricket as a hobby only, someone needs to tell these jokers they are representing 25 crore people I feel embarrased looking at them lined up for national anthem, not a single player look like a professioal athlete.
A highly fit Shoaib Malik would still be a liability in any international XI. No matter what he does he still messes up against quality pace and swing.

Lack of skill is the real issue.

The issue is they have found comfort in a mental space wherein being fit to bowl 4 overs or be on the field for 20 overs is enough to eke a career out of this. They are not smart or educated enough to understand that what they have done is achieve the heights of becoming International cricketers to represent Pakistan, and then regress into club cricket mercenaries. It's a sad scenario, but these clowns are so thick that they do not even realise it.

Your a fool for calling CT17 a fluke.

You don't maul an opposition in that manner and by that margin otherwise.
This is exactly why it was a fluke. India had a collective nightmare. It is like Real Madrid losing to a relegation side at home.

The same set of Pakistani and Indian players played 5 ODIs between 2017-2019 and India won 4 and they won all of them with big margins, which illustrates the point that the Champions Trophy final was a fluke result.

This is exactly why it was a fluke. India had a collective nightmare. It is like Real Madrid losing to a relegation side at home.

The same set of Pakistani and Indian players played 5 ODIs between 2017-2019 and India won 4 and they won all of them with big margins, which illustrates the point that the Champions Trophy final was a fluke result.
If Real Madrid were to lose in a cup final to Granada you'd have to say that Real Madrid bottled it and Granada produced their best game when it mattered most. There's been many such occasions when much less fancied sides eg FC Porto or Greece beat several top teams and deservedly won a competition.

A fluke would be a one-off occasion or a huge chunk of luck on a given day or moment, but Pakistan played well throughout that tournament hence making it to the final. Yes they had some luck on the day with Bumrah overstepping, but every team needs a little luck to win tournaments, even mighty teams like Real Madrid or Australia, besides there was still a lot of work to be done for Pakistan to win that game.

Anyhow it's a long time before we see Pakistan winning anything again. A thoroughly average team and our best players are happy settling for mediocrity.

in 2017 The likes of Fakhar Zaman, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Amir etc were not the type of players you link to a relegation side. They were top performers in the tournament. That ODI sid in that tournament was WC and in those conditions they thrived.

in 2017 The likes of Fakhar Zaman, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Amir etc were not the type of players you link to a relegation side. They were top performers in the tournament. That ODI sid in that tournament was WC and in those conditions they thrived.
The same set of players took Pakistan to 8th ranking and lost 32 out of 40 ODIs in 2018-19, so they were a relegation level side.

If Real Madrid were to lose in a cup final to Granada you'd have to say that Real Madrid bottled it and Granada produced their best game when it mattered most. There's been many such occasions when much less fancied sides eg FC Porto or Greece beat several top teams and deservedly won a competition.

A fluke would be a one-off occasion or a huge chunk of luck on a given day or moment, but Pakistan played well throughout that tournament hence making it to the final. Yes they had some luck on the day with Bumrah overstepping, but every team needs a little luck to win tournaments, even mighty teams like Real Madrid or Australia, besides there was still a lot of work to be done for Pakistan to win that game.

Anyhow it's a long time before we see Pakistan winning anything again. A thoroughly average team and our best players are happy settling for mediocrity.
Granada beating Real Madrid would be a fluke too. Pakistan didn’t play well throughout the tournament.

They got thrashed in the first game vs India, got lucky because of D/L vs SA, had two dropped catches vs SL, and got lucky with a slow pitch in the semifinal vs England.

What 5 ODI s were these when india refuse to play bilaterals.

The last time I remember Pakistan going to india was for a 3 match ODIs series was when junaid khan had kohli on toast and Pakistan won 2-1 and it should of been a 3 nil whitewash.

Pull up the scorecard of the alleged 5 match ODIs between 2017 - 2019 your referring to.

India are no Real Madrid. Australia yes.

What 5 ODI s were these when india refuse to play bilaterals.

The last time I remember Pakistan going to india was for a 3 match ODIs series was when junaid khan had kohli on toast and Pakistan won 2-1 and it should of been a 3 nil whitewash.

Pull up the scorecard of the alleged 5 match ODIs between 2017 - 2019 your referring to.

India are no Real Madrid. Australia yes.
India team is filled with chokers not wonder why they lost. I have lost count the amount of time kholi and Bumrah have choked.

Granada beating Real Madrid would be a fluke too. Pakistan didn’t play well throughout the tournament.

They got thrashed in the first game vs India, got lucky because of D/L vs SA, had two dropped catches vs SL, and got lucky with a slow pitch in the semifinal vs England.
How can a pitch be luck. Its the same for both sides.

If you want to talk about luck and dropped catches your beloved india had all the luck in the 2011 semi WC when Ten was dropped 4 times and was Plumb LBW to Ajmal.

Even in the WC just gone india selected venues that favoured swing bowling while others played on flat tracks.

Ten also had luck in the 2003 WC when he was dropped by Razzaq of Akram.

How can a pitch be luck. Its the same for both sides.

If you want to talk about luck and dropped catches your beloved india had all the luck in the 2011 semi WC when Ten was dropped 4 times and was Plumb LBW to Ajmal.

Even in the WC just gone india selected venues that favoured swing bowling while others played on flat tracks.

Yuvraj had luck when he was Plumb LBW to Sami in the Jubilee final when he was on 0.

The list is endless.

Back