One Pound Fish

Hahaha, legend!!!

He mentions he's made it through X Factor or something. I never watch X Factor, but if this guy makes it, I'm watching it this time around!

Internet sensation, X Factor audition, this man's talent has no boundaries...

One million views on someone singing £1 fish.....

LEGEND!!!

Gotta give the man credit. He's leaving no pages unturned in order to make a living.

Before selling fish, he worked at a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
:))) :))) Not a fan of the X Factor but I hope he does well, he will be in the right plaice and if anyone doesn't like him they can cod off for all I care.

He certainly has a great singing voice, my awful singing is small fry compared to his.

Right that's those fish-related puns out of the way.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W7a61GciJ6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

remix version :))

But why is he asking only ladies to have a look at his fish? Something fishy.

I wanna buy 1 pound fish now! :)))

What a legend.

tumblrks8ydwusis1qzs8se_9015.gif

I want to buy fish now.

Then why don`t you buy yourself a
One Pound Fish
You can treat yourself to a
One Pound Fish
You can`t find a better deal than a
One Pound Fish
It is hard to resist a
One Pound Fish

:afridi

Then why don`t you buy yourself a
One Pound Fish
You can treat yourself to a
One Pound Fish
You can`t find a better deal than a
One Pound Fish
It is hard to resist a
One Pound Fish

:afridi
:D
Would have to travel to UK for that.

Love this guy. His niceness just shows through.

Hope they teach such marketing in management schools.

One Pound Fish - Selling fish Lahori-style in London!

New internet sensation

Muhammad Shahid Nazir who is from Lahore in Pakistan has notched up over a million YouTube hits after performing his "one pound fish" song at Queen's Market in East London.

[utube]W7a61GciJ6c[/utube]

[utube]ETSl8gWsFZ0[/utube]

[utube]IzV91lS4SyI[/utube]

[utube]w687gDhL5II[/utube]

[utube]C3mTSXIMumY[/utube]

Last edited:
Come on Ladies
Come on Ladies
One Pound Feeeeeeesh
On e Pound Feeeeeesh

LMAO :))

VERY GOOD AND VERY CHEAP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y7Z8rTjAr-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was he on X factor or Xtra factor ? I thought it was the latter.

Anyway funny to see.

Pakistani fish seller's song gets record deal with Warner Music

471054-untitled-1353871141-942-640x480.JPG

LONDON: A 31-year-old Pakistani fish seller at a London market seems like an unlikely pop star. But the moment he starts to sing his One Pound Fish Song, he is suddenly surrounded by a sea of fans.

The song goes Come on ladies, come on ladies, have a, have a look, one pound fish. Very very good, very very cheap, one pound fish.

The One Pound Fish Song by Mohammad Shahid Nazir has led him to sign a record deal with Warner Music, The Sun reported.

Nazir was spotted after a YouTube video of him singing at the Queen’s Market, Upton Park, got more than 3.6 million views.

British star Alesha Dixon and US boy band Mindless Behaviour have both recorded versions of the song.

Nazir said the attention is not unusual.

“People have come from Australia, the US, Canada and all over Europe. They don’t come here to work or shop, they come for One Pound Fish Man,” he told the daily.

Shahid moved to Britain just over a year ago with the hope of making enough money to send to his wife and four children in Pakistan.

On his first day at the fish stall, his boss told him to shout to customers to get their attention. He said he did not like shouting, and so made up a song.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/471054/pakistani-fish-sellers-song-gets-record-deal-with-warner-music/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ETSl8gWsFZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:))

lol he even made it to x factor

the guy must be raking it in
any idea how much the record deal is worth ?

Oh he is totally ripping that song by A.R.Rahman and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. :)))

What the heck. I couldn't listen to it for even a minute. It is so annoying

:p
I think some entertainment company also needs to visit us.....I hear a lot of hawkers with their melodious voices everyday sitting in my home ...

I remember a hawker who was used to shout like this....."Aam aa gya j (Mango has arrived)..Saeb aa gya j(Apple has arrived)....Kino aa gya j.....and so on....

It was quite confusing for me....Even if Mango season was about to end,he still shouted the same one liner .....

Legend

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G_miGclPFGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ive had my photo taken with him since I used to live in the area, Really seriously nice guy he is good to see him happy

what a joker !

Why he is a joker?

Because he cant speak English properly, he does not look cool and he is not handsome as your imagination?

Obviously luck played a huge role but he was consistent , hardworking and stick to his point and made his name.

what a joker !

Why he is a joker?

Because he cant speak English properly, he does not look cool and he is not handsome as your imagination?

Obviously luck played a huge role but he was consistent , hardworking and stick to his point and made his name.

He doesn't mean 'joker' in the derogatory sense. He's simply saying the man is funny and has a good sense of humour.

Last edited:
Whilst leaving Pak for UK I bet he didnt think in his wildest dreams that he will be in this position today.

Well done to him he deserves the success!

Good luck to him. However just because he has a record deal with a song out doesnt mean that he is making money just yet.

He was on Xtra Factor on Saturday plugging the itunes release of the song.

So getting some good cross media promotion.

WMG are a powerful organisation. Will be interesting which direction they take him in and the 'difficult second album'...

Dermot O'Leary meets One Pound Fish man on Xtra Factor

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_uynr5vhCA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Singer Shahid Nazir has been ordered to leave UK before 25th December, 2012 because he came on student visa and it has already expired.

What are you talking about?
London: "One Pound Fish" Singer Shahid Nazir Asked To Leave Britain Till Dec. 25, 2012.

According to the news Shahid Nazir's Visa is expired.

British Immigration Authorities ordered Shahid Nazir to leave United Kingdom till December 25, 2012.

British Immigration Authorities also confirmed that Shahid Nazir's visa expired, therefore he is asked to leave UK.

LINK

this dudes too cool, but it must get a bit annoying when people keep coming up and saying do the song.

London: "One Pound Fish" Singer Shahid Nazir Asked To Leave Britain Till Dec. 25, 2012.

British Immigration Authorities ordered Shahid Nazir to leave United Kingdom till December 25, 2012.

British Immigration Authorities also confirmed that Shahid Nazir's visa expired, therefore he is asked to leave UK.

LINK

Is that a reliable source?

Cant find anything on this anywhere else.

LINK
My father has just told me the same thing, and I just found another news link, http://www.thenewstribe.com/2012/12...ch-pakistan-on-christmas-after-exile-from-uk/

‘One Pound Fish’ singer arrives in Lahore

LAHORE: Shahid Nazir, the Pakistani who shot to fame for his song ‘One Pound Fish’ arrived in Lahore on Thursday.

Upon his arrival Nazir said he would be visiting France in two weeks and had returned to Pakistan to obtain his visa. Nazir denied reports in the media that he had been deported from Britain.

‘One Pound Fish’ became a global hit after the song was published on YouTube. Following its success, Nazir signed a record deal with a major music label.

http://www.geo.tv/GeoDetail.aspx?ID=81355

Back