OT: Some Inspirational Quotes [Merged]

umerz

First Class Star
Runs
"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they
have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali

"Anything in life worth having is worth working for." - Andrew Carnegie

"Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences." - Jawaharlal Nehru

"Success is never ending, failure is never final." - Dr. Robert Schuller

"I just love when people say I can’t do something because all my life people said I wasn’t going to make it." - Ted Turner

"Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind." - Emily P. Bissell

"Obstacles are those frightful things you can see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford

"It takes a strong fish to swim against the current. Even a dead one can float with it." - John Crowe

"You will never find time for anything. You must make it." - Charles Buxton

"There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps." - Peter A. Cohen

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars." - Les Brown

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." - Mark Twain

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." - Colin Powell

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength,not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." -Alan Ashley-Pitt

Inspirational and Motivational Quotes

Quotes are an effective means to keep ourselves motivated everyday.

Whether to achieve something or to overcome challenges it can be very helpful.

So starting today let’s get everyone moving with their favorite quotes.

I am sure very soon we shall have a Virtual Library of Quotes.

Rules

One Quote per post per person to allow everyone to contribute.

Apply KISS (Keep it simple and stupid)

With little drops of water (quotes ) from everyone we shall soon have a mighty ocean.

Here is mine.

‘ Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, You will land amongst the stars’ – Les Brown

Who’s next ?

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
— Bruce Lee

[utube]USlnfTGlhXc[/utube]

'Its not defeat that destroys you, its being demoralized
by defeat that destroys you' - Imran Khan

Mohsin said:

Good One Mohsin. So true.Thanks for sharing.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

- Walter Bagehot

Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

- R. Coleman

Courage is to do what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared

'' i hated every minute of training but i said 'dont quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion ''
* Muhummad Ali *

Mohsin said:

Nice one Mohsin! :afridi

"Even the unborn child shall take revenge"

"What has been taken in blood cannot be regained except in blood"

"What goes around comes around"

"Those who live by the sword die by the sword"

"There are no shortcuts to greatness"- Imran Khan

"The most successful people i have seen in life are not the most richest, most talented, most gifted, but the ones who were able to survive setbacks, able to learn and analyze their mistakes and bounce back"- Imran Khan

"Main kabhi apne shots na kheloon, attacking cricket na kheiloon, aur fazool mein bus defensively kheloon, aisa kabhi ho hee nahin sakta"- Shahid Afridi (post match press conference when asked about his quickfire 50 after a continous string of poor scores and saving his place in the team)

"Main Dimagh se nahin, dil se khelta hoon"- Shahid Afridi interview

"I dont care about wides, i dont care about no balls, i dont care about boundries, just get me wickets"- Imran Khan's instructions to Wasim Akram in the 1992 WC when Akram was underfire for his poor bowling form early in the tournament

one of my fav quotes of all time

"one day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching""

Confucius (the greatest)

"What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others."

not so inspirational, but oh well..

"Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day"

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
— Bruce Lee

samaj nhi ayyi can anyone tell me what this mean i m bit confuse ?

“There are two ways to happiness. We should decrease our needs, or increase our income/wealth.” – Benjamin Franklin.

"There are two ways to happiness. We should either decrease our needs, or bomb the hell out of countries around the world." - Bammy the Messiah.

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it"

Ayyub said:
— Bruce Lee

samaj nhi ayyi can anyone tell me what this mean i m bit confuse ?

Bruce Lee is talking about flexibility in martial arts. In a fight you must never confront an enemy's attack bullheadedly but conform to his attacks until the oppurtunity arises.

Bruce Lee as a martial artist adopted this philosophy in his fighting technique Jeet Kune Do . He utilized every means necessary to defeat the enemy. Being flexible or being able to move from one style to another to win. He did not want to stick to just one technique. For him it meant to use various approaches to over come an opponent. Being water for him means not resisting the opponent's force and momentum but rather conforming to it. If the opponent punches, you move back or around his punch instead of facing the punch head on. At the same time a concentrated stream of water like a waterfall can erode entire canyons.

The quote is philosophical and talks about the attitude in life. For us it means to overcome challenges in our life --->

- "Empty your mind" means to be non judgmental and open minded about things. It means to clear your head of junk, negative things. Only after thinking clear about the goals in life, you will get calmness and peace that you are trying to achieve. Start to believe that your strength is unpredictable and that you can move mountains with your mind, being able to accomplish anything with the right approach.

- "Be formless, shapeless" refers to have a flexible stance in life. See water is fluid and it can adapt to different situations. So be like water, flexible in your approach. Don't just stick to one thing and be rigid or stubborn. To over come challenges in life one has to be adaptable in different situations. If your mind is like a rigid rock and you strike it hard - it will break into pieces, but you cannot break water because of its flexible nature. Water will just flow and adapt. So be like water...make your mind adaptable...be open to a different approach.

- Water flows: Water flows through cracks and rivers traveling from one point to other with a spirit of adventure. Change and try different things. Bring variety and add spice to your life. Don't be stagnant. Move around your problems, don't dwell on them.

- Water crashes: Water can erode strong solid rocks through its powerful force. It means to courageously face a problem in life and strike it head on.

Essentially it means to Control your senses, coz it's all in the mind.

Last edited:
tdigi said:
The quote is philosophical and talks about the attitude in life.

- "Empty your mind" means to be non judgmental and open minded about things. It means to clear your head of junk, negative things. Only after thinking clear about the goals in life, you will get calmness and peace that you are trying to achieve. Start to believe that your strength is unpredictable and that you can move mountains with your mind, being able to accomplish anything with the right approach.

- "Be formless, shapeless" refers to have a flexible stance in life. See water is fluid and it can adapt to different situations. So be like water, flexible in your approach. Don't just stick to one thing and be rigid or stubborn. To over come challenges in life one has to be adaptable in different situations. If your mind is like a rigid rock and you strike it hard - it will break into pieces, but you cannot break water because of its flexible nature. Water will just flow and adapt. So be like water...make your mind adaptable...be open to a different approach.

- Water flows: Water flows through cracks and rivers traveling from one point to other with a spirit of adventure. Change and try different things. Bring variety and add spice to your life. Don't be stagnant.

Bruce Lee as a martial artist adopted this philosophy in his fighting technique Jeet Kune Do . He utilized every means necessary to defeat the enemy. Being flexible or being able to move from one style to another to win. He did not want to stick to just one technique. For him it meant to use various approaches to over come an opponent. For us it means to overcome challenges in our life.

Essentially it means to Control your senses, coz it's all in the mind.

thanks brother respect for u :D

Ayyub said:
thanks brother respect for u :D

You are welcome. I edited my post added a few things. Do read it again :)

Momo said:
"There are two ways to happiness. We should either decrease our needs, or bomb the hell out of countries around the world." - Bammy the Messiah.

"As a nuclear power - as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear
weapon - the United States has a moral responsibility to act."

-Bammy O the Messiah

1--When a person get insane, we label him mad and when a nation shows the same, we call it super power.

2.Respect Human Talent ,Respond To Genius ,Recognize Reality ,Admire Truth And Beauty..

*(...#LiVe-LoVe-LauGh #......)

all by me :p

- barrey barey shehron mein chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hain

- kitne aadmi thai?

- Mogambo....khush hua!

^^ LOL. That's inspirational indeed :p

and of course, anything said by Teja (Paresh Rawal) and Crime Master Gogo (Shakti Kapur) from Andaz Apna Apna

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
and of course, anything said by Teja (Paresh Rawal) and Crime Master Gogo (Shakti Kapur) from Andaz Apna Apna

well said and ghabber also

It doesn't matter whether someone doesn't like you, what matters is what can they do about it?

Faith makes things possible, love makes them Easy.

(was written on a Salvation army wall)

“What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve” – Napolean Hill

“Every achiever I have ever met says, My life turned around when I began to believe in me.” – Robert Schuller

“ Focus only on What you want in your life. That’s it. Nothing Else.” – Lemy Yusento.

“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They Vary in their desires to reach their potential.” - John Maxwell

1. Jo darr gaya samjho mar gaya

2. Mere paas maan hai

and the unmatcheable

3. Mard ko dard nahin hota

True friends are like stars - even when you don't see them you know they are always there

OZGOD said:
True friends are like stars - even when you don't see them you know they are always there

“ Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the Seed of an equivalent or a greater Benefit” - Napolean Hill

The greater the obstacle the more the glory in overcoming in it.

"There are two types of peepal in the warrld, good tay no good" - as told to my brother by a cabbie in Jackson Heights, NYC...

moumotta said:

2. Mere paas maan hai

and the unmatcheable

Another quote along these lines that comes to mind is : "Main tumhaare bachhe ki maa banne waali hoon."

Quite inspirational and exceedingly motivational!

:))) Momo bhai, mujhe lagta kissi ek khatoon ne aap ke saath bohot bura salook kiya tha :D

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
:))) Momo bhai, mujhe lagta kissi ek khatoon ne aap ke saath bohot bura salook kiya tha :D
You are absolutely right. Except the number. :moyo

Momo said:
You are absolutely right. Except the number. :moyo

I have just the song for you:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxNrxXGueiA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxNrxXGueiA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

moumotta said:

2. Mere paas maan hai

and the unmatcheable

:))) :))) ACE!

few of my favourites,

Atankwadion ki prem kahani nahi hoti! :inti

Arrey yeh to Hero hai yeh to bachalega! :akhtar

Be the change you want to see in the world- ghandi

"You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."

"There is nothing in our book, the Koran, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That’s a good religion."

"It’s just like when you’ve got some coffee that’s too black, which means it’s too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won’t even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool. It used to be strong, it becomes weak. It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep."

malcolm x

chacha kashmiri said:
Be the change you want to see in the world- ghandi

"You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."

"There is nothing in our book, the Koran, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. That’s a good religion."

"It’s just like when you’ve got some coffee that’s too black, which means it’s too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won’t even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool. It used to be strong, it becomes weak. It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep."

malcolm x

Excellent Quotes!. Thanks for sharing.

'The educated man sees with both heart and mind, the ignorant sees only with his eyes.'
Hazrat Ali bin Abi Talib(ra).

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realise you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at maths.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.

Don't judge a book by its movie.

A picture is worth a thousand words but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Last edited:
On_the_up said:
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realise you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at maths.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.

Don't judge a book by its movie.

A picture is worth a thousand words but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Good stuff mate! Thanks for sharing

“ The critical is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ides, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer” – Nolan Bushnell

moumotta said:

2. Mere paas maan hai

and the unmatcheable

Son : Maa Maa, mein first class first aaya hoon.
Maa (with tears): Kaash tere baabuji jinda hote !!

Garuda said:

or pointing to a garlanded picture frame 'ja apne baabuji ka aashirwad lele'

moumotta said:

After that , Son : " Baabuji , main apke kaatil ko dhund nikalne ki qasam khata hu !!! " ...... 20 years after , we see Amitab :D .

kingusama92 said:
"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

- Walter Bagehot
wiseguy said:
one of my fav quotes of all time

"one day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching""
:14:

My quote:
●"Talent hits a target no one can hit.Genius hits a target no one can see

Last edited:
Garuda said:
moumotta said:
Wassixpakistani said:
After that , Son : " Baabuji , main apke kaatil ko dhund nikalne ki qasam khata hu !!! " ...... 20 years after , we see Amitab :D .
Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
:))) Kaaliya! Kaaliya! Kaaliya! :)))

:))) :))) :))) :)))

“ Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” – Bertrand Russell

Waqt se pehle aur naseeb se zyada kissi ko nahin milta- Kader Khan

Last edited:
Kader Khan deserves a thread about quotes/dialogues all for himself.

Last edited:
"Rukjao! Kanoon Ko Apne Haath Mein Mat Lo"

"Bacchhhhaaaooooooooooo....." :))) :)))

You gotta get the ground beneath your feet, partner, get the wind behind your back and go out in a blaze if you got to! Otherwise you ain't s**t ! You might as well be dead your damn self!"

Some political comments with rustic simplicity

Yeh naqsha nahin public se naqshebaazi hai- Umar Sharif

Har shaakh pe ullu baitha hai anzaam-e gulistan kya hoga- Dushyant Kumar

Yeh public hai ye sab jaanti hai- some one in some unremarkeable film

The best and the most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or touched. They all must be felt with Your heart." - Hellen Keller

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

:)

"If you spend too much time warming up, you'll miss the race.
If you don't warm up at all, you may not finish the race."

-- Grand Heidrich

"ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING" Edmund Burke

So good People start doing something

Maa! agar mein ais kaatil noo na mar sakya
Te mein tenu maar deyan ga!

Wazeeri said:
Maa! agar mein ais kaatil noo na mar sakya
Te mein tenu maar deyan ga!

Haeeen! Oh mey kya mainu kyun marega tu, puttar?!

runaway.gif

''Jawani mein laga shabab aur zor se laga pisham zayada dar nhi rukta ''

Back