Do BJP owe its success to Anti Pakistan and Anti Muslim rhethoric rather than any tangible performance?

Do BJP owe its success to Hate politics rather than performances?

• Total voters
Pakistan has dropped off the radar in recent times when it comes to topics dicussed on tv and social media, I'll give some credit to Modi for that. I agreed with his removal of article 370. Kashmir was no longer discussed after that.

Let me break it down:

America prefers Pakistani Establishment and Bhuttos and shariffs, so they keep posting against Imran Khan.

Qataris have good relationship with India but its on equal footing they prefer slaves like Gandhi.

I don't really see the comparisons you keep making. Bhuttos and Sharifs are for sale to the highest bidder, it's pretty self evident when the establishment keeps plucking them out of obscurity when required. Are you saying Indian elections are rigged?

I don't really see the comparisons you keep making. Bhuttos and Sharifs are for sale to the highest bidder, it's pretty self evident when the establishment keeps plucking them out of obscurity when required. Are you saying Indian elections are rigged?
No sir I’m saying Congress is corrupt and can be bought, not the election commission.

No sir I’m saying Congress is corrupt and can be bought, not the election commission.

Fwiw, a lot of your posts are not grammatically constructed. It takes time for me to understand what you mean due to the lack of commas and full stops. Maybe you type them out in a hurry I dunno.

Fwiw, a lot of your posts are not grammatically constructed. It takes time for me to understand what you mean due to the lack of commas and full stops. Maybe you type them out in a hurry I dunno.
Fair point, I’ll type them slowly.

TMC, Cong competing to woo certain community: PM

They are competing with each other for appeasement and attempts to win over a certain community or vote bank. While the TMC government has worked to grant permanent residency to infiltrators from Bangladesh, the Congress is talking about redistributing your assets among a certain vote bank," PM Modi added.

"The only glue that holds the TMC and the Congress together is appeasement. These parties can go to any lengths to advance their appeasement politics and reverse any decision taken in the national interest," he added.​

lol, feku justifies the premise of this thread one more time.

TMC, Cong competing to woo certain community: PM

They are competing with each other for appeasement and attempts to win over a certain community or vote bank. While the TMC government has worked to grant permanent residency to infiltrators from Bangladesh, the Congress is talking about redistributing your assets among a certain vote bank," PM Modi added.

"The only glue that holds the TMC and the Congress together is appeasement. These parties can go to any lengths to advance their appeasement politics and reverse any decision taken in the national interest," he added.​

What is the national interest then? To appease the majority(hindus)? He is running his mouth like a jaahil these days. Kejriwal was right about him. :inti

What is the national interest then? To appease the majority(hindus)? He is running his mouth like a jaahil these days. Kejriwal was right about him. :inti
What’s wrong in appeasing 85% of the population? That’s a good and smart thing.

Kejriwal is in prison on blatant corruption .Has 0 credibility. Will be away for a long time. Wrong guy to pick to prove a point :)):))

Kejriwal is in prison on blatant corruption .Has 0 credibility. Will be away for a long time. Wrong guy to pick to prove a point :)):))
At his pomp, Modi was only able to appease 38% in 2019.

He's now out and you can keep dreaming of 85% appeasement :dhoni

This thread shows how Pakistani’s lack awareness about India and elections in general.

The fact that a moderator started this thread, shows how little awareness people of Pakistan have about election issues.

Throughout history, there have been very few cases where a singular Issue resulted in a party winning elections.

In a country like India, different people vote for different issues. There is no singular issue on which the entire mandate votes.

Anti-Muslim, Anti-Pakistan might probably attract some voters, however, the majority of voters vote for various other issues.

Guess what Kejriwal is still the CM of Delhi. Innocent until proven guilty. :inti

Thankfully no such rhetoric attempts in Pakistan.
because there is a big population of muslims in india who vote as a block for congress.thats why congress appease them and take the side of hardcore( in shah bano case) who helps to keep the vote b block as one.same with the christians too.

Guess what Kejriwal is still the CM of Delhi. Innocent until proven guilty. :inti

The whole case against Kejriwal is a political stunt.
PMLA act was changed in 2018 which made it difficult/nigh impossible to get bail easily.

Been what 2 years and they can’t produce a single evidence against Manish Sisodia or Sanjay Singh.

Judicial system of India is extremely slow so this case is going to be dragged for next 5 odd years and will be a prominent war cry BJP is going to use against AAP in Delhi assembly elections.
If BJP loses the next Delhi elections then this will continue till next Lok Sabha elections in 2029.

If BJP wins the next Delhi elections then there will be a chance, depending on how strong they feel that this case will be over before next 2029 LS elections.

BJP is extremely shrewd in political planning. They eat congress for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

At one side Pakistan is looking to extend trade ties with India and then there is BJP spewing hate against Pakistan.

At one side Pakistan is looking to extend trade ties with India and then there is BJP spewing hate against Pakistan.
You are not doing any favors to us by extending trade ties, you are doing it because you need it. India also never suspended the trade ties, you guys did that first.

TBH Bro ICT is all welcomed in Pak but if they do skip then it would be a loss for them not Pakistan as your trophy drought would just extend further, and on trade issue i guess both countries need to resolve their bilateral issues first.
We are also not sending our cricket team to Pakistan as well for CT even though Pak send theirs for world cup.

India is so bad bro :(

That's still a wrong comparison because you will get corrupt politicians anywhere, but in a democratic country you get the right to vote them out. So to compare Congress with Bhutto or Sharif clans is meaningless as Congress party is answerable to the public, Pakistan clans only have to answer to the establishment.

I think you are just blurring this debate by making these comparisons to Pakistan maybe to make BJP sound more wholesome. If they are doing their jobs right, they can just lay out their achievements without such whataboutery.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole case against Kejriwal is a political stunt.
PMLA act was changed in 2018 which made it difficult/nigh impossible to get bail easily.

Been what 2 years and they can’t produce a single evidence against Manish Sisodia or Sanjay Singh.

Judicial system of India is extremely slow so this case is going to be dragged for next 5 odd years and will be a prominent war cry BJP is going to use against AAP in Delhi assembly elections.
If BJP loses the next Delhi elections then this will continue till next Lok Sabha elections in 2029.

If BJP wins the next Delhi elections then there will be a chance, depending on how strong they feel that this case will be over before next 2029 LS elections.

BJP is extremely shrewd in political planning. They eat congress for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I take this post back, after going through the evidences and chargesheet ED has submitted, the case reeks of a scam.

I take this post back, after going through the evidences and chargesheet ED has submitted, the case reeks of a scam.
Have they not found any evidence against Manish Sisodia yet? It's been more than a year already. Why is Sanjay Singh out of jail now? Is it a coincidence that only the opposition leaders are trapped and sent to jail? :genius :inti

Yeah and we are doing it for free? :inti
Off course we will make money off them, but fact of the matter is that we don’t need them as much as they need us. Everybody knows this.

Since they were the ones who took an ideological stand and snapped trade, it will be fun to now see them justify their way back.

Have they not found any evidence against Manish Sisodia yet? It's been more than a year already. Why is Sanjay Singh out of jail now? Is it a coincidence that only the opposition leaders are trapped and sent to jail? :genius :inti

I posted a video in the other thread, it explains everything in detail.

Sanjay Singh case was different so he got bail. He wasn’t directly involved.
Sisodia seems to be corrupt POS like every other politician.
Such a let down for people who trusted in him.

Congress 'Aiming To Allow Beef Consumption' If It Wins: Yogi Adityanath's Big Charge

Lucknow
: In a fresh attack on Congress over its elections manifesto, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday accused the party of 'aiming to allow consumption of beef' if voted to power.

Yogi Adityanath, while addressing a press conference here on Saturday accused the opposition bloc- INDIA of 'promoting beef'.

"The Hindu community in this country completely abstains from consuming beef, as they regard the cow as sacred. Congress's attempt to grant exemptions to Muslims in this regard is unacceptable to all," he said.

Lol, another day, another sanghi bigot taking refuge under bashing Muslims in order to garner votes.

Was there any doubt whatsoever in the basic premise of this thread?

Congress 'Aiming To Allow Beef Consumption' If It Wins: Yogi Adityanath's Big Charge

Lucknow
: In a fresh attack on Congress over its elections manifesto, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday accused the party of 'aiming to allow consumption of beef' if voted to power.

Yogi Adityanath, while addressing a press conference here on Saturday accused the opposition bloc- INDIA of 'promoting beef'.

"The Hindu community in this country completely abstains from consuming beef, as they regard the cow as sacred. Congress's attempt to grant exemptions to Muslims in this regard is unacceptable to all," he said.
Yogi proved that he is a A grade 'jaahil' with that statement. Expecting some NRI andhbhakhts who themselves eat beef in a foreign country to support Yogi here. And didn't BJP take money from a beef exporter company? :inti

Lucknow

Lol UP is the largest exporter of beef

Yogi proved that he is a A grade 'jaahil' with that statement. Expecting some NRI andhbhakhts who themselves eat beef in a foreign country to support Yogi here. And didn't BJP take money from a beef exporter company? :inti
I won't give a bisht free pass by calling him just a jaahil. He is a grade A bigot who has created a fake persona of a yogi. A yogi never hankers for power while this bisht guy was a MP for 18 years and then a CM for 7 year and counting.

Expelled BJP Minority Morcha leader Usman Ghani arrested in Bikaner​

The Rajasthan police on Saturday arrested Bharatiya Janata Party Minority Morcha leader Usman Ghani, who was expelled from the party earlier this week, on charges of breach of peace by allegedly creating a ruckus at a police station in Bikaner. Mr. Ghani, booked under the preventive arrest provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code, was later produced before a Sub-Divisional Magistrate.​

Mr. Ghani made headlines by criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s remarks on “redistribution of wealth” at an election rally in Rajasthan’s Banswara Lok Sabha constituency recently. The BJP expelled him from the party’s primary membership for six years on charges of tarnishing its image on Wednesday.

Well done bigot. One won't find a more vindictive creature than this guy!

But you don’t get to chose him- and no amount of venting will get his supporters to stop voting for him. So, what’s the point?

If anything... it has the total opposite impact. all that it does is to further solidify and confirm that the country is going in the right direction.

I will be truly worried if the Pakistanis start supporting Modi/BJP :inti if you know what I mean 😏😜

'Informed Pak Before Disclosing To World': PM's Reveal On Balakot Strikes

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday claimed that he informed Pakistan about the 2019 Balakot air strikes before disclosing it to the world.

Speaking at a poll rally in Karnataka's Bagalkot, he said that "Modi doesn't believe in attacking from the back and fights openly face to face".

The Prime Minister said, "I had asked the forces to call the media and inform them, but I said before that I will inform Pakistan through telephone about airstrikes at night and the destruction caused, but Pakistan people did not come on the phone. So I asked forces to wait, and after informing them, we later disclosed to the world about airstrikes that happened during the night."​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday claimed that he informed Pakistan about the 2019 Balakot air strikes before disclosing it to the world.

Speaking at a poll rally in Karnataka's Bagalkot, he said that "Modi doesn't believe in attacking from the back and fights openly face to face".

The Prime Minister said, "I had asked the forces to call the media and inform them, but I said before that I will inform Pakistan through telephone about airstrikes at night and the destruction caused, but Pakistan people did not come on the phone. So I asked forces to wait, and after informing them, we later disclosed to the world about airstrikes that happened during the night."​

LOL. This guy has used another trick to win in elections. 5-6 years laters, he came to his senses that OH I HAVE INFORMED PAKISTAN, LET"S USE THIS TRICK IN ELECTIONS. LIES and LIES nothing else.

LOL. This guy has used another trick to win in elections. 5-6 years laters, he came to his senses that OH I HAVE INFORMED PAKISTAN, LET"S USE THIS TRICK IN ELECTIONS. LIES and LIES nothing else.
How come his minions are not able to see this lying bigot for what he actually is?

The Prime Minister said, "I had asked the forces to call the media and inform them, but I said before that I will inform Pakistan through telephone about airstrikes at night and the destruction caused, but Pakistan people did not come on the phone. So I asked forces to wait, and after informing them, we later disclosed to the world about airstrikes that happened during the night."

Only andhbhakhts will believe this made up story by fekuchand. 😆 :inti

This feels like a big gaffe from Modi. If he did warn Pakistan beforehand (which is hard to believe) then why wait until elections to drop this bombshell? Come to think of it, weren't those airstrikes also just before an election? :unsure:

I don't think anybody's read the article. All it says is that Modi claims he informed AFTER the strikes but BEFORE informing the media. Nothing of any consequence to get excited about. Maybe someday we'll know the truth of what actually happened in those strikes. Both sides make such widely divergent claims.

I don't think anybody's read the article. All it says is that Modi claims he informed AFTER the strikes but BEFORE informing the media. Nothing of any consequence to get excited about. Maybe someday we'll know the truth of what actually happened in those strikes. Both sides make such widely divergent claims.

But it does underline the gist of the thread topic, BJP seem to rely heavily on stirring hate speech against both Pakistan and Muslims in India to try to catch votes. Feels like short term gain for long term pain.

But it does underline the gist of the thread topic, BJP seem to rely heavily on stirring hate speech against both Pakistan and Muslims in India to try to catch votes. Feels like short term gain for long term pain.
Of course he revs it up during election times

- As far as Pakistan goes, he's just playing to his base like Trump occasionally plays to the white nationalists. No Pakistan hater is going to vote for any party but the BJP anyway. An occasional statement should be enough to keep the guys revved up and ensure some turnout. This is that. A statement of no consequence except to remind folks of the Balakot strikes. He won't do much more. It has no value.

- Muslim baiting is a trickier weapon. The real Muslim haters are in his camp already. He needs to appeal to the closet bigots - the likes of some of my uncles on WhatsApp who're happy to forward fake news videos about the impending Muslim population explosion that will turn Hindus into a minority in their own nation or the love jihad Muslim who's marrying an innocent Hindu virgin to add to the 3 wives he already has. He has to be careful not to not be obvious because they don't want to see themselves as Muslim haters (like all closet bigots, they have Muslim friends in real life so they can't be bigots?) and they have plenty of other issues to vote on as well. He has to use the right kind of dog whistle.

So to answer the question topic of this thread - anti Pakistan rhetoric is such a minor factor, it's hardly worth mentioning in the context of these Indian elections. Anti-Muslim rhetoric is still quite relevant but has to be used sparingly like Trump's anti-Mexican rhetoric or the British Conservative party's anti-immigrant rhetoric.

This is an accurate timeline of events from my POV

Pulwama - 40 Indians killed - India blames Pakistan
India bombed some trees in Balakatot ( confirmed by all neutrals)
Pakistan was the one to break the news to the world the following morning and announced a surprise
Pakistan Bombed sites in IOK - shot down a Mig21, captures a pilot, another Indian helicopter is shot in "friendly fire"
Pak was ready to launch nukes too - US talked them down
Produces 100s of Tea was fantastic memes.

Of course the Indian side will have their own POV but it won't be dramatically different. I'm not sure why Modi thinks bringing up this thing is evidence of his fighting face to face approach. At worst, it was heavily embarrassing for India; at the very best, from an Indian POV, it was a stalemate. Nothing to boast about.

I love Modi. Another statement invoking Pakistan that leaves his Indian apologists in this thread scrambling.

What will they say now?

Why would there be any Modi apologist anyway? He is the ruling PM who has been voted to power twice by people of India in landslide numbers. He is loved by billions of people in India and across the world. So there is absolutely no need for anyone to become apologetic abour him.

Regarding his speeches you need to understand the context. These are election speeches. Sub continent in general is a polarized area. If Modi only talks about development, he may still win but polarizing speeches gets him more vote. It is like how Kashmir & Islam is for Pakistan and how your leaders uses them to get votes.

India has made tremendous progress under present BJP regime across all sector. This country needs BJP again and especially PM Modi for atleast 5 more years to made further progress. If Congress comes back to power, India will go back to those dark days. So Modi is making every effort to get voters out of their house and vote for him into power.

Modi's actual governance is actually very secular. Muslims have benefitted from all his schemes. Infact he has done more for muslims than Congress ever had. It is a different story that muslims still hate him blindly but his actual governance is secular. Infact I would want Modi if he gets elected again to let this secular nature go away and come more hard on some people. Perhaps we need to wait until Yogi Adityanath becomes PM for that but so muslims people blindly hating on Modi with all videos surfacing is an eye opener for me and hopefully he is watching them as well.

It is a different story that muslims still hate him blindly but his actual governance is secular.
Muslims don't hate him blindly. They hate him and BJP for the ridiculous anti Muslim statements the BJP guys have made over the years. Remember 'Hum 2 Hamare 25' by Modiji? What about Ramesh Bidhuri? That was so disgusting, I don't have words to express it. There have been countless anti Muslim statements by BJP guys all these years.

I loathe Congress, and I'm a BJP voter. But sorry to say, these anti Muslim statements are getting tiresome. BJP needs to put an end to it.​

Why would there be any Modi apologist anyway? He is the ruling PM who has been voted to power twice by people of India in landslide numbers. He is loved by billions of people in India and across the world. So there is absolutely no need for anyone to become apologetic abour him.

Regarding his speeches you need to understand the context. These are election speeches. Sub continent in general is a polarized area. If Modi only talks about development, he may still win but polarizing speeches gets him more vote. It is like how Kashmir & Islam is for Pakistan and how your leaders uses them to get votes.

India has made tremendous progress under present BJP regime across all sector. This country needs BJP again and especially PM Modi for atleast 5 more years to made further progress. If Congress comes back to power, India will go back to those dark days. So Modi is making every effort to get voters out of their house and vote for him into power.

Modi's actual governance is actually very secular. Muslims have benefitted from all his schemes. Infact he has done more for muslims than Congress ever had. It is a different story that muslims still hate him blindly but his actual governance is secular. Infact I would want Modi if he gets elected again to let this secular nature go away and come more hard on some people. Perhaps we need to wait until Yogi Adityanath becomes PM for that but so muslims people blindly hating on Modi with all videos surfacing is an eye opener for me and hopefully he is watching them as well.
Brother even you are mentioning Pakistan here. Pakistani leaders have got nothing to fall back on so may need to rely on this type of rhetoric. It is a basket case politically But you guys come and tell us you have XYZ and so much progress is being made and how India is so far ahead on every metric. yet when it's election time, suddenly you forget all that and are happy being a subcontinental country.

You have basically agreed that polarising speeches get him more votes and, therefore, agree with me and the OP.

This feels like a big gaffe from Modi. If he did warn Pakistan beforehand (which is hard to believe) then why wait until elections to drop this bombshell? Come to think of it, weren't those airstrikes also just before an election? :unsure:
This way Hitler alerted Soviet before his invassion to Russia. LOL

This is an accurate timeline of events from my POV

Pulwama - 40 Indians killed - India blames Pakistan
India bombed some trees in Balakatot ( confirmed by all neutrals)
Pakistan was the one to break the news to the world the following morning and announced a surprise
Pakistan Bombed sites in IOK - shot down a Mig21, captures a pilot, another Indian helicopter is shot in "friendly fire"
Pak was ready to launch nukes too - US talked them down
Produces 100s of Tea was fantastic memes.

Of course the Indian side will have their own POV but it won't be dramatically different. I'm not sure why Modi thinks bringing up this thing is evidence of his fighting face to face approach. At worst, it was heavily embarrassing for India; at the very best, from an Indian POV, it was a stalemate. Nothing to boast about.

You are still stuck in the tea is fantastic and Miandad 6 in 1986.

The post-world scenario of Abhinandan situation was:

Controversial Article 370 revoked as clearly India had a measure of what Pakistan can do

No effect to India’s stature or world diplomacy as they went on host G20 etc

The PM at that time of Pak is in Jail, civilians raided Pak army cantonment etc and 100s of other issues. Total overhaul of the regime after such a “successful humiliation” of India.

On top of that our soldier was given full protocol and left safely at the border :)))

So if your idea of some memes etc is a victory, be my guest and live in the bubble it only works in our favor.

Controversial Article 370 revoked as clearly India had a measure of what Pakistan can do

The PM at that time of Pak is in Jail, civilians raided Pak army cantonment etc and 100s of other issues. Total overhaul of the regime after such a “successful humiliation” of India.

On top of that our soldier was given full protocol and left safely at the border :)))

So if your idea of some memes etc is a victory, be my guest and live in the bubble it only works in our favor.
@cricketjoshila said it best. Pakistanis can't even get their leader Imran Khan out of jail, or elect a government of their choice.

Muslims don't hate him blindly. They hate him and BJP for the ridiculous anti Muslim statements the BJP guys have made over the years. Remember 'Hum 2 Hamare 25' by Modiji? What about Ramesh Bidhuri? That was so disgusting, I don't have words to express it. There have been countless anti Muslim statements by BJP guys all these years.

I loathe Congress, and I'm a BJP voter. But sorry to say, these anti Muslim statements are getting tiresome. BJP needs to put an end to it.​

Well done for calling this out, I am surprised to be honest. I know if I was a Pakistani I would be absolutely ashamed if my nation's politicians were resorting to targeting their own minorities to win votes.

We are talking really about the border skirmish here which is what Modi spoke about when he mentioned fighting from the front and not the back so I've made the comments exclusively on that.

I don't see the need to split everything else to pre and post abhinandan as they aren't linked to the events Modi brought up.

If Modi brings up the article 370 being revoked as a measure of him fighting from the front then what you say would have some bearing.

Don't you think it tells it's own story that you are even here writing long posts explaining why Pakistan is inconsequential? How many Canadian or Swiss posters do you see here constantly banging the drum about how Pakistan doesn't matter in their world? That's because in their world Pakistan really doesn't. :ROFLMAO:

Well done for calling this out, I am surprised to be honest. I know if I was a Pakistani I would be absolutely ashamed if my nation's politicians were resorting to targeting their own minorities to win votes.
I thought targeting minorities is part of national policy in Pakistan. Your second Prime Minister said "I do not agree that religion is a private affair of the individual nor do I agree that in an Islamic State every citizen has identical rights, no matter what his caste, creed or faith be." Don't most politicians agree that minorities like Hindus, Ahmadis etc. do not deserve equal rights?

I thought targeting minorities is part of national policy in Pakistan. Your second Prime Minister said "I do not agree that religion is a private affair of the individual nor do I agree that in an Islamic State every citizen has identical rights, no matter what his caste, creed or faith be." Don't most politicians agree that minorities like Hindus, Ahmadis etc. do not deserve equal rights?

I don't know who the second PM of Pakistan was, are you talking about someone from the 1950s?

I don't know who the second PM of Pakistan was, are you talking about someone from the 1950s?
Yes. Though no politician has attempted to reverse that policy and many Pakistani politicians still try to win votes by campaigning against "Qadianis".

Yes. Though no politician has attempted to reverse that policy and many Pakistani politicians still try to win votes by campaigning against "Qadianis".

Forum policies don't allow me to discuss sectarian issues so I won't go there. By minorities I meant non-Muslims. I think comparing politicians from almost a century ago to a party which is campaigning for current elections isn't really much of a comparison. Maybe you can find some more recent Pakistani parties who have targeted non-Muslims in their election campaigns?

Forum policies don't allow me to discuss sectarian issues so I won't go there. By minorities I meant non-Muslims. I think comparing politicians from almost a century ago to a party which is campaigning for current elections isn't really much of a comparison. Maybe you can find some more recent Pakistani parties who have targeted non-Muslims in their election campaigns?
I assumed it's almost taken for granted that non-Muslims are inferior to Muslims in the context of Pakistani politics. After all, it's written into the constitution that they're not equal and cannot aspire to positions like Prime Minister or President.

If you want to keep it specific to targeting minorities who aren't wider definition Muslims, you're right that not many Pakistani politicians bother. It's not a platform which is likely to win them any votes when less than 4% of the Pakistani population is minority.

If you were to say sometimes Pakistani politicians pander to extremist elements then nobody would argue with you.

If you were to say sometimes Pakistani politicians pander to extremist elements then nobody would argue with you.
And I'm not going to argue back that Indian politicians don't do the same - including Modi. I was just surprised that @Cpt. Rishwat believes that Pakistani politicians don't target minorities. He later clarified that he has a very narrow definition of minorities.

I wish politics had a decorum of a high school debate.

So many people try to unite people and majority of the times people unite based on hatred and fear than kindness and compassion.
Seems to be a pattern throughout history.

I assumed it's almost taken for granted that non-Muslims are inferior to Muslims in the context of Pakistani politics. After all, it's written into the constitution that they're not equal and cannot aspire to positions like Prime Minister or President.

If you want to keep it specific to targeting minorities who aren't wider definition Muslims, you're right that not many Pakistani politicians bother. It's not a platform which is likely to win them any votes when less than 4% of the Pakistani population is minority.

Pakistan is officially an Islamic state, once you set your ideology and consitution as supposedly religious, then that would make it pretty difficult to appoint a leader who isn't a Muslim. I don't think there is any pretence at secularism, although in reality it doesn't really run along religious principles either, it is mostly just window dressing.

If we want to compare with India, only way we will have a genuine comparison is if India becomes a hindu rashtra. I think this is what the eventual aim is of the BJP, I have a feeling it will indeed be following the Pakistan model, mostly window dressing.

@cricketjoshila said it best. Pakistanis can't even get their leader Imran Khan out of jail, or elect a government of their choice.

India was ready to launch missiles. Pakistan was forced to release Abhinandan.

Pakistani senator said it.

Pakistan was/is in no condition to go to war with India. Their economy can't sustain it.

Pakistan was/is in no condition to go to war with India. Their economy can't sustain it.

. Why would Pakistan or India want to go to war?

Pakistan is officially an Islamic state, once you set your ideology and consitution as supposedly religious, then that would make it pretty difficult to appoint a leader who isn't a Muslim. I don't think there is any pretence at secularism, although in reality it doesn't really run along religious principles either, it is mostly just window dressing.

If we want to compare with India, only way we will have a genuine comparison is if India becomes a hindu rashtra. I think this is what the eventual aim is of the BJP, I have a feeling it will indeed be following the Pakistan model, mostly window dressing.
Ah I think we're now back to the debates we've had before (maybe not with you?) Pakistan declaring itself a religious or Islamic state doesn't give it a get out of jail free card on the rights of minorities living in it. Just as China declaring it doesn't believe in free speech gives it exemption from criticism on free press.

Who knows if India will eventually end up as a Hindu Rashtra or what that even means? As is stands today, the Indian constitution drafted by Ambedkar and co. is a model of secularism, equality and religious co-existence. We falter a lot in it's implementation and have an a****e Prime Minister and ruling party who's pushing it's edges but I'd rather be in our position than Pakistan's that's completely given up.

What is stopping India from going into war and capture Pakistani side of Kashmir then? It will be an easy victory for India. :virat1

Feku has been in power for 10 years but never tried to capture the other Kashmir even once. Pakistan's economy can't sustain a war still India is not trying. Maybe talking big on a social media is easy? :inti

Such comments are always regurgitated on the corner of street by 'commoners' to appear to display their immature potency but those who are able analyses events on purely merit would not be making such comments.

But it is election year in India, Indian politician are infamous to appease the false sense of unburden bravado that is carried by general population in India.

What is stopping India from going into war and capture Pakistani side of Kashmir then? It will be an easy victory for India. :virat1

Feku has been in power for 10 years but never tried to capture the other Kashmir even once. Pakistan's economy can't sustain a war still India is not trying. Maybe talking big on a Pakistani forum or social media is easy? :inti

Same reason why it took so long for others to remove article 370. if people were so scared of that than I would assume a decision like war has more stakes.

What did the other useless fekus do all those years.

I think article 370 removal causes a lot of pain to Pakistanis. Understandable. Sorry for the pain I guess but it is done: can’t be revoked.

Same reason why it took so long for others to remove article 370. if people were so scared of that than I would assume a decision like war has more stakes.

What did the other useless fekus do all those years.

I think article 370 removal causes a lot of pain to Pakistanis. Understandable. Sorry for the pain I guess but it is done: can’t be revoked.
I didn't get any answer. We were talking about war. From where did article 370 come into this? Are you so insecure lol? Answer my question or don't bother quoting my post. :inti

What stopped them launching the missiles?

We got the US who said that Pakistan was ready to nuke India but were urged not to.

Why did Modi decide not to launch? Please give us an answer.

What stopped them launching the missiles?

We got the US who said that Pakistan was ready to nuke India but were urged not to.

Why did Modi decide not to launch? Please give us an answer.

Maybe it’s not that easy to take a call on a full scale war as you think it is.

If the act of starting war is your benchmark and that makes Modi meek and cowardly, then so be it: I don’t think a lot of people are enjoying Putin or Netanyahu’s bravado either.

If you pick the legit good and bad news coming out of India and Pakistan without any rhetoric, it is crystal clear to me why starting a full scale war is only counter productive to India.

If the act of starting war is your benchmark and that makes Modi meek and cowardly, then so be it: I don’t think a lot of people are enjoying Putin or Netanyahu’s bravado either.

If you pick the legit good and bad news coming out of India and Pakistan without any rhetoric, it is crystal clear to me why starting a full scale war is only counter productive to India.
It's not my benchmark mate. It's your PM bringing it up to your country men lol.

What did he mean when he fights face to face and gave the example where he lost two planes got a pilot captured and then stood down?

What a crap example to give.

Modi did tried to start a war with Pakistan by sending fighter jets to Pakistan, not only that move was celebrated by millions in India but Modi's intelligence was also celebrated as he sent those plane at night in cloudy condition so the jets could appeared transparent, ingenious move by any PM of the country in recent history.

Pakistan had no choice but to retaliate, not escalate just retaliate. India decided to escalate after Pakistan retaliated in a calculated manner which caused no loss of life, and we all know what happened during that escalation.

Pakistan never wanted skirmish, war or wanted to retaliate unless and until Pakistan was attacked. The PM of Pakistan had made that clear in a televised speech to Pakistan and India.

It's not my benchmark mate. It's your PM bringing it up to your country men lol.

What did he mean when he fights face to face and gave the example where he lost two planes got a pilot captured and then stood down?

What a crap example to give.

Modi is a politician and a good one at that.He took the step of revoking article 370 which hurt the Kashmir issue for Pakistan, not for India. On top of that Pakistan is doing a good job of messing itself and losing credibility in pretty much every parameter So like a great politician he will take advantage of that and set his own narrative that all he wants for votes. There is nothing at least from a Pakistan perspective to mock and laugh at Modi. Sure, he maybe over selling but that’s for us Indians to worry about. In terms of stature, world standing and pretty much all parameters he is in better shape than all Pakistani politicians or leadership. I would worry about that.

Modi is a politician and a good one at that.He took the step of revoking article 370 which hurt the Kashmir issue for Pakistan, not for India. On top of that Pakistan is doing a good job of messing itself and losing credibility in pretty much every parameter So like a great politician he will take advantage of that and set his own narrative and milk that all he wants for votes. There is nothing at least from a Pakistan perspective to mock and laugh at Modi. Sure, he maybe over selling but that’s for us Indians to worry about. In terms of stature, world standing and pretty much all parameters he is in better shape than all Pakistani politicians or leadership. I would worry about that. If you want to nitpick something that makes you feel oh Modi is coward etc and Pakistan defeated him or whatever; go crazy with it.
Sure you are right it's for you guys to worry about...but you are going round in circles... we are discussing Modi comments but you keep bringing random unrelated stuff. If you don't want us to discuss what Modi has said perhaps you can advise him not to say it.

Anyway since only Indians should worry...Please give some insights....as an Indian why do you think Modi brought up this example? And going back to the the statements from the article.

Now that andhbhakhts have no answer for Dhruv Rathee's videos they are spreading fake images claiming that he has links with Pakistanis. They are no different than some members here who are quick to refer Indians as Pakistanis when the going gets tough. :inti

Back