Pak engineer makes car that runs on water

Red Devil

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Pak engineer makes car that runs on water

ISLAMABAD — A Pakistani engineer has built a car that runs on water, a feat that left onlookers astounded.

Engineer Waqar Ahmad drove his car using water as fuel on Thursday during a demonstration for parliamentarians, scientists and students, Dawn reported from the capital.

He said cars could be driven by a system fuelled by water instead of petrol or CNG.

The onlookers were taken aback when they saw it and a cabinet sub-committee lauded the ‘Water Fuel Kit Project’.

Religious Affairs Minister Syed Khurshid Ahmad Shah, who heads the panel, said the engineer would have their full support.

The media report explained that the water fuelling system is a technology in which ‘hydrogen bonding’ with distilled water produces hydrogen gas to run the car.

Ahmad had earlier told Shah about the unique project and it was taken to the federal cabinet which asked its sub-committee to discuss it. During the demonstration, Shah himself drove the car.

The minister said that Ahmad would be given complete security and the formula would be kept secure. Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and Finance Minister Hafeez Sheikh value the project, he said.

“We own this project and are committed to successfully completing it,” he was quoted as saying.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-arti...ternational_July637.xml&section=international

Dream come true? A car that can run on water

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani engineer has successfully developed a unique technology that uses water as fuel in vehicles instead of petrol or CNG, a feat once considered a farfetched dream. Waqar Ahmad drove his car using water as fuel on Thursday during a demonstration for Pakistani parliamentarians, scientists and students.

He claimed that on one litre of water a 1000 CC car can cover a distance of 40 km and a motorbike can run up to 150 km using this technology.

Ahmad said cars could be driven by a system fueled by water instead of petrol or CNG. The onlookers were taken aback when they saw the dream car and a cabinet subcommittee lauded Ahmad's 'Water Fuel Kit Project'. Religious affairs minister Syed Khurshid Ahmad Shah, panel panel, said Ahmad would have their full support, calling it "this years's Independence Day gift to the nation".

The water fueling system is a technology in which 'hydrogen bonding' with distilled water produces hydrogen gas to run the car.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-28/science/32906478_1_hydrogen-cng-cc-car

Last edited:
This has been claimed before but all have been found fake. But if he truly did this kudos to him and Pakistan, your energy problems will be solved within few years.

According to the currently accepted laws of physics, there is no way to extract chemical energy from water alone. Most proposed water fuelled cars rely on some form of electrolysis to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen and then recombine them to release energy; however, because the energy required to separate the elements will always be at least as great as the energy released, this cannot be used to produce net energy. Source : Wikipedia

It's true guys. Hamid Mir of Geo is doing program with this Engineer and they have just driven a Car with Water.

One more hater trying to steal our bread and butter.

AJC11G.jpg

I will post the video soon. You guys watch and decide. Everyone looks impressed.

It's true guys. Hamid Mir of Geo is doing program with this Engineer and they have just driven a Car with Water.

Can you ask hamid mir to ask "engineer" how is he seprating hydrogen from water?

secondly, ask him to make a water-based-generator so to solve load-shedding...

Can you ask hamid mir to ask "engineer" how is he seprating hydrogen from water?

secondly, ask him to make a water-based-generator so to solve load-shedding...
They have talked about it. Wait for the program please.

Sceptical BUT even if it was possible the fuel companies will ensure nothing like this takes off

@ Shahidafridi Geo. Capital Talk. Politicians of PML (N) and PPP are present. Program is about to finish

Car can run in water that has been demonstrated earlier itself but water is not the fuel, it is hydrogen produced from electrolysis.

@ shahidafridi123. There are few sites which upload Pak talks shows. Hopefully it will be uploaded in few minutes. I will post a link

The title is misleading. He didn't make a new car. He invented a KIT just like CNG kit and can be fixed in any car.

Here's another small clip

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xEx5xWY9fO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Hamid Mir Show

Part 1

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gFY_Mhhvok0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c_rdctHlmlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c3VQ1wcHCWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched the video its Hydrogen fueled car and not water fueled and this is not new technology.

At least please watch the full program and then comment. They have talked about few technologies which failed in the past.

please look at the electric wires connected from battery to water reservoir

and then what is bubblier? guess what's creating those bubbles... :)

^^^

He is just changing the form of energy to run the car. Diesel/Petrol/Electricity ->Hydrogen(electrolysis) -> fuel

so unless the energy output is more than energy input this is pointless.

Let others decide. It seems that some people don't wanna give any credit to Pakistani Engineer :p

Let others decide. It seems that some people don't wanna give any credit to Pakistani Engineer :p

Come-on man, I am interested in science & tech and expecting answers from posters to prove me wrong so I can also rejoice the new invention. I will refrain from posting in this thread but it would be beneficial to debate using science than emotions.

Hamid Mir did mention about all those scams in his program. Still he and others in his program convinced. Kuch to different hoga?

Come-on man, I am interested in science & tech and expecting answers from posters to prove me wrong so I can also rejoice the new invention. I will refrain from posting in this thread but it would be beneficial to debate using science than emotions.
He disconnected Gas and Patrol and put his Kit and few people driving the car with full speed without any problem. This is what I see and I am not a technical person. Now even Govt has decided to help this guy. Again kuch to hoga ?

the tech looks too simple to be different IMHO. I mean all you see are wires going into the holding cell and pipes coming out...

Last edited:
Separating Hydrogen from Oxygen alone is a very energy consuming process. However the cheapest way for it to be done is steam ramification process where you have to react it with organic carbonecous material under desirable conditions. This will produce syn gas (hydrogen + Carbon Monoxide). That's the only way I see it possible, however, just the process will consume a lot of energy. They have to have like a built in incinerator for which the fuel source would be natural gas. Hence all this water powering car talk is not energy efficient, it won't happen ever.

Now Talat Hussain of Dawn News is doing program with this guy and his team. Some experts will also be present. Those who want to see it search for Dawn News Live Streaming. It just started and live stream is available on their website.

was just watching talat hussain's show with the 'engineer' a couple of minuts ago.
there was a scientist as a guest too and he asked thee guy a couple of scientific qs which the 'engineer' didnt have answers to

most prolly a fraud. . there was sth like this a couple of years ago too where a man converted water into petrol somehow but turned out to be aa con artistt

Very good debate. Must watch

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5nz9sHuZ98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S6fZl2UFeLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5iCFW3Gbrxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_cBsBbRXbJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This "engineer" is an idiot. :facepalm: He needs to learn about the conservation of energy.

Talat's full HQ show:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aU2MMxIElAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Ata is saying that battery will get discharge after sometime as continuously the battery is required to run the Water kit (A very valid question).

Here a question for Dr. Ata that the team has only changed the medium of fuel supply from CNG/Petrol to Water kit. No other change. Here the water kit is not continuously running on battery. The battery only starts the Water kit and it generates the HHO gas which is stored in a cylinder, once the cylinder is full the water kit stops using the battery. Then the required amount of gas in sent to the engine through the pump which runs the car. The same they have explained but i don’t know maybe Dr. Ata was not watching the demonstration of the model shown earlier in the program.

I was surprised that Dr. Ata without seeing the demonstration just said its nonsense.

I listened to Eng Waqar interview on radio 2-3 days back on radio. Where he said he has tested this water kit on Motorcycle and Generator also.

A big question arises that the amount of HHO gas stored in the cylinder will run the engine for how many minutes or kilometers. The team has claimed they have driven around 300 km with 6 to 7 liters of water.

Last edited:
so the electrolysis process to separate Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms from water.........has he made it more efficient???? meaning it requires less energy as input and outputs more energy (in the form of Hydrogen, which will run the car?????)

program is vague,

:facepalm: at those politicians

LethalSami said:
so the electrolysis process to separate Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms from water.........has he made it more efficient???? meaning it requires less energy as input and outputs more energy (in the form of Hydrogen, which will run the car?????)

program is vague,

:facepalm: at those politicians

There's several things to consider here:

First, water itself cannot be used as fuel. Water isn't combustible (you can't burn it), and hence, cannot be used directly to produce energy. Hydrogen, on the other hand, is combustible. It can be burned (along with Oxygen) to produce energy. However, the problem is that Hydrogen doesn't exist naturally in sufficient amounts. It needs to be generated from another energy source. One of the ways to do this is through the electrolysis of water, which produces Hydrogen and Oxygen. The Hydrogen produced from this electrolysis can then be burned, along with Oxygen, to produce energy (combustion). So, this car isn't being fueled directly by water. It's actually being fueled by Hydrogen.

The problem with all of this is that the amount of energy used for the electrolysis (to produce the hydrogen and oxygen) is greater than the energy that the hydrogen will produce. During the process of electrolysis, some of the energy is lost through heat and light. So, in the end, the amount of energy you produce is less that what you started with-- there is no net energy in this system, and it's not sustainable. The only way this model would work is that if he made the process of electrolysis 100% efficient, and that is impossible. To do that, he would need to create a perpetual motion machine, and defy the laws of energy conservation.

Last edited:

First, water itself cannot be used as fuel. Water isn't combustible (you can't burn it), and hence, cannot be used directly to produce energy. Hydrogen, on the other hand, is combustible. It can be burned (along with Oxygen) to produce energy. However, the problem is that Hydrogen doesn't exist naturally in sufficient amounts. It needs to be generated from another energy source. One of the ways to do this is through the electrolysis of water, which produces Hydrogen and Oxygen. The Hydrogen produced from this electrolysis can then be burned, along with Oxygen, to produce energy (combustion). So, this car isn't being fueled directly by water. It's actually being fueled by Hydrogen.

The problem with all of this is that the amount of energy used for the electrolysis (to produce the hydrogen and oxygen) is greater than the energy that the hydrogen will produce. During the process of electrolysis, some of the energy is lost through heat and light. So, in the end, the amount of energy you produce is less that what you started with-- there is no net energy in this system, and it's not sustainable. The only way this model would work is that if he made the process of electrolysis 100% efficient, and that is impossible. To do that, he would need to create a perpetual motion machine, and defy the laws of energy conservation.

true that.

thats what i'm saying. the program is too vague and everybody seems so naive to ask all those hard questions.
and those damn politicians making stupid statements and BS.

and this "engineer" doesn't give any detail how his "kit" is outputting more energy than its consuming.

BUT he seemingly ran it on water.........maybe some trickery to it
(maybe he already had that hydrogen in the container :asif)

BUT he seemingly ran it on water.........maybe some trickery to it
(maybe he already had that hydrogen in the container :asif)

I think he was using the car battery to conduct the electrolysis, and produce the hydrogen and oxygen. I'm sure he was able to run the car for some time from this. But once the battery dies (due to the net loss in energy), there will be no way to conduct the electrolysis any longer, and the car will not run. This is what the scientist was trying to say as well, I believe.

Even if the electrolysis is made 100% efficient still the energy produced is only sufficient to recharge the battery which is powering the electrolysis. The basic fact is that "water is not a fuel" and you cannot generate energy from it. The pseudo engineer here is using hydrogen as the fuel instead of petrol. The energy required for producing hydrogen is still higher than what it takes to produce petrol of equivalent BTUs and that is one of the reasons why hydrogen did not take off as combustion fuel for ICEs besides safety concerns of shipping and storing hydrogen.

Even if the electrolysis is made 100% efficient still the energy produced is only sufficient to recharge the battery which is powering the electrolysis. The basic fact is that "water is not a fuel" and you cannot generate energy from it. The pseudo engineer here is using hydrogen as the fuel instead of petrol. The energy required for producing hydrogen is still higher than what it takes to produce petrol of equivalent BTUs and that is one of the reasons why hydrogen did not take off as combustion fuel for ICEs besides safety concerns of shipping and storing hydrogen.

Yup, that's correct. There are several scenarios where this could work, and they are all impossible. :)))

Dr. Ata is saying that battery will get discharge after sometime as continuously the battery is required to run the Water kit (A very valid question).

Here a question for Dr. Ata that the team has only changed the medium of fuel supply from CNG/Petrol to Water kit. No other change. Here the water kit is not continuously running on battery. The battery only starts the Water kit and it generates the HHO gas which is stored in a cylinder, once the cylinder is full the water kit stops using the battery. Then the required amount of gas in sent to the engine through the pump which runs the car. The same they have explained but i don’t know maybe Dr. Ata was not watching the demonstration of the model shown earlier in the program.

I was surprised that Dr. Ata without seeing the demonstration just said its nonsense.

I listened to Eng Waqar interview on radio 2-3 days back on radio. Where he said he has tested this water kit on Motorcycle and Generator also.

A big question arises that the amount of HHO gas stored in the cylinder will run the engine for how many minutes or kilometers. The team has claimed they have driven around 300 km with 6 to 7 liters of water.
Dr. Atta said this "Nonsense" word more than once which in my opinion is unfair.

Anyway whether this engineer is lying or not, we will find out in few days as this story is pretty hyped up in Pakistan and almost every channel + newspaper giving it wide coverage.

best way is to use Solar and get few cylinders filled with hydrogen...

then use hydrogen cell to run the car (would need several cylinders)

one benefit of cylinders is that it's cheap compared to lithium batteries...

I think he was using the car battery to conduct the electrolysis, and produce the hydrogen and oxygen. I'm sure he was able to run the car for some time from this. But once the battery dies (due to the net loss in energy), there will be no way to conduct the electrolysis any longer, and the car will not run. This is what the scientist was trying to say as well, I believe.
for your information when car starts then the work of battery finishes and there is generator which recharges it.

Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan on this matter

Part 1
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_pmf21CjLMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iuY4xFGll30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6feKmtBD7C4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am more inclined towards Dr. Atta Ur Rehman's viewpoint. I think he should go and check the engineer's car in person.

the best way i believe is to work on piezoelectric springs, if you can plant them around the tyres and get them to generate electricity while the car is moving we wont need any of these complicated systems, its something that needs to be worked on. Israel has already made a highway covered with these that produce electricity when vehicals move over it.

Can't believe so many posters here are so clueless about some basic high school physics. The title itself is a giveaway that its a hoax.

No No we will drive 40 kms in 10 Rupees:D. Our Nuclear scientist is impressed with this Engineer.

Miracles happen ;-)

This is a hoax that was perpetrated on Indians a few years back by another so called 'engineer.' Water-fueled cars have also been 'invented' in Japan prior to this. Nothing to see here.

A complete hoax and nothing more. It's basically a hydrogen powered car. Nothing new in the present world.

yeh but it still wont solve our problems, there is no water in pakistan ,we need a car which runs on air;-)

yeh but it still wont solve our problems, there is no water in pakistan ,we need a car which runs on air;-)
Well there's plenty of 'hot-air' about - connect all the politicains mouths to heat-exchangers and you can generate enough electricity to power the whole country. :))

Its not a hoax, its FRAUD. Sometime ago some guy came to my little town and fooled everyone about some new solar technology he made, he made soo many bookings and ran away with the money.

This seems like a high level fraud where gov. officials and media are part of it and considering the biggest sellout in the country was first to do a program on it and first to get a glimpse it wouldn't be a surprise if he has a share in the fraud.

Last edited:
Another Engineer from Karachi has claimed in today's newspaper that he has been running cars with water since last three years.

Shabash Jawano :yk

Have seen too many of these hoaxes to believe. Not gonna happen, it will solve all of world's energy problem if true. I will only believe its true if this guy gets assasinated by BP guys

And our far-sighted government has already raised the fuel prices to increase their revenue. This is in anticipation of future Water Kit Cars :D

How can distilled water produce hydrogen when it doesn't conduct electricity? :)

Back