Pakistan (134/8) defeat New Zealand (92) by 42 runs to win the 5th T20I – New Zealand win series 4-1

Fine.

Enjoy another World Cup loss with him opening.
This is really really shallow.
How many world cups have Rohit Sharma, ABD, SKY, QDK, Daryl Mitchell, Shubman Gill won?
That's not how cricket works. It's a team game and Pakistan needs to put together an eleven that is greater than the sum of the parts.

What would be your eleven and order for the world cup?

Was wondering how Pakistan won and then saw that Rauf didn't play today. NZ batsmen got used to all those easy sixes offered up on a platter.
I want to see Abbas given a proper chance to challenge his spot in the eleven. He has something about him. I like his six hitting as well. He should be coming at 9 and Shaheen no higher than 10, with Naseem at 11.

NZ bottled a pretty simple chase

Ah well, they were missing quite a few of their best batsmen

Pakistan has achieved it twice, let's hope they continue this performance

IMG-20240121-WA0052.jpg

Finally Kaptaaan used chacha ifty..numpty player never mind captain. Ifti has been awful this series but we have no choice but to stick with him this yr but have to use his bowling

This is the best Shaheen has bowled in the last 6 months where his pace was around 137-142 km/hr and his yorkers were more menacing. What changed?

I also almost fell victim to the Rizbabar innings hate today, but I had to wait around to watch at least some of NZ batting. Pitch wasn't easy to bat on. Rizwan's inning was the difference otherwise Pak would have been bundled out a lot earlier. Clinical bowling and bowling rotation by Pakistan today. Shaheen actually had some decent captaincy for the first time in this series.

More than Rizwan, Fakhars cameo and Afridis sixes was the difference between the two sides.

More than Rizwan, Fakhars cameo and Afridis sixes was the difference between the two sides.
Rizwan took it a bit deep which gave them some sort of foundation. If Babar and Rizwan had gotten out within the first 3-5 overs, Fakhar would have crumbled under pressure and Afridi's sixes would have also not made a difference. Rizwan's patient batting was the key on this pitch. I'm sure the Kiwis are realizing this

This is the best Shaheen has bowled in the last 6 months where his pace was around 137-142 km/hr and his yorkers were more menacing. What changed?
His pace has gradually improved in this series. Hopefully he doesn't overdo it with the leagues until the next series in May so he can give that left arm a little rest and figure it out more. His pace will be vital at the World Cup

But Rizwan is the problem for our team according to some people here
I don't think he's THE problem, but I tend to agree that he can be a problem. But it's hard to ignore his contributions to match-winning causes. As slow and weak as people try to paint him and Babar, the rest of the batting lineup cannot make decent totals without them unless it's one of those 1 out of 10 game fortunes. I don't like that but it's hard to ignore. That's why in this series, I thought that they should have rested both of them like they did in the Afg series last year and tested the batting lineup excluding them again. They're capable of smashing 200 easily in domestics, but they don't seem to possess that level for internationals. They needed to be given that go however to prove themselves. You can even see in this series that it would be either Babar or Rizwan making runs with the batsmen around them failing more often than not.

I would have loved to see this batting lineup this series: Ayub, Fakhar, Farhan, Haseebullah, Kamran Ghulam, Haris, Nawaz

If I didn't watch this series, I would have said Azam Khan too but he reminded me again that he belongs nowhere near internationals. Fakhar and Nawaz would be there as the vets and to contribute themselves.

Becos its 4 over spell for the whole game and he feels comfortable? besides, he was impactful only in dead rubber games.

Becos its 4 over spell for the whole game and he feels comfortable? besides, he was impactful only in dead rubber games.
He needs to be good enough for 4 over spells now, looking forward to the World Cup.

I still don’t see Shaheen fully fit.

In fact in T20 there are two spells. Two overs in the beginning and two at the end. Less strain on the body.

Back