Pakistan (134/8) defeat New Zealand (92) by 42 runs to win the 5th T20I – New Zealand win series 4-1

Asad T

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan set a meager 134 runs following a lathargic batting innings. It is a slow surface and not an an easy pitch to bat on, can Pakistan avoid a 5-0 white-wash?

=============================================================

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions
can be added.

Even the commentators were talking about our lack of intent. Its a bit embarrassing

What a pathetic performance by Pakistan.

Most of game of this series were one sided.

Today is just another such day .

5-0 incoming

NZ are a bit weak in the middle

2 wickets will make this interesting

Team is badly struggling for confidence. A 5-0 loss is a sad pathetic reflection of the captain and coaches inability to lift the moral and belief of the players

Pakistan looking to get on the plane home quickly . frekin nawaz on

and of course nawaz bowls a half tracker 2nd ball

Don't think so. He is settled in the middle order. I can't think of a better player to replace him.
There has to be someone opening the innings in Pakistan who can replace him in the middle?

Why not Ahmed Shahzad?

Uff Nawaz getting a wicket means his spot is guaranteed for 10 more games

Shaheen afridi bowling his usual 70 mph thurderbolts. Totally finished he’s done

There has to be someone opening the innings in Pakistan who can replace him in the middle?

Why not Ahmed Shahzad?

Shoaib Malik with his new marriage might be worth a go.

Won't be worse than Ifti.

If Pakistan don't get Allen early, this won't be a contest.

at 3 overs pak were 9/1
NZ 24/1

shows how slow we were

What a pathetic performance by Pakistan.

Most of game of this series were one sided.

Today is just another such day .

5-0 incoming
We performed to our ability.

New Zealand would not take a single player of ours into their XI. We are no match for them whatsoever.

Let alone they are at home, are a very well settled unit and in red hot form.

Whereas we have so many problems on and off the pitch it's difficult to know where to start.

For a talentless cricket nation like Pakistan. Iftikhar is MS Dhoni.

He is the best finisher in Pakistan. We are not spoilt for choice.

Yeah I can see how he finishes any chance Pakistan have of winning.

We performed to our ability.

New Zealand would not take a single player of ours into their XI. We are no match for them whatsoever.

Let alone they are at home, are a very well settled unit and in red hot form.

Whereas we have so many problems on and off the pitch it's difficult to know where to start.

Oh i don't know.

We could always play a series vs Nepal to boost our stats and pretend Babar and Riz are the best cricketers ever.

why is gull drawing on adam haha

LkgLGQZ.png

Yeah I can see how he finishes any chance Pakistan have of winning.
What I'm trying to say is. He has shown some form of ability unlike the others we have tested out.

He has not performed in this series but he also has not bowled a single ball.

The likes of Azam Khan have failed in all departments.

Why don't you name me a better middle order option in Pakistan?

Pakistan suffering a January whitewash in New Zealand is a lot of fun.

2018: 5-0 whitewash in ODIs
2021: 2-0 whitewash in Tests
2024: 5-0 whitewash in T20Is

Beautiful. :klopp

I was skimming through the Pakistani innings commentary thread and I couldn’t help but chuckle when I saw Pakistani fans feeling nostalgic about average cricketers like Afridi, Razzaq, Mahmood etc.

Those players should have been forgotten memories by now because they achieved very little but it goes to show how much Pakistan cricket has regressed and how bad things are today that those players look like legends compared to the ones playing today.

What I'm trying to say is. He has shown some form of ability unlike the others we have tested out.

He has not performed in this series but he also has not bowled a single ball.

The likes of Azam Khan have failed in all departments.

Why don't you name me a better middle order option in Pakistan?

Wow, it wasn't sarcasm

This isn't an easy pitch to bat on. If Pakistan had a few more runs this might have ended up as a contest.

But you can see from the body language on the field the Pakistanis are just going through the motions. They want to go home.

Furthermore Shaheen is the most invisible captain and doesn't seem to contribute to on field morale at all.

NZ need 81 runs from 60 balls. 7 wickets in hand.

Game is on balance. It can go either way.

This is a very difficult pitch.

If the rate keeps rising then NZ lose here.

Whoever comes in next needs to get the rate under control ...otherwise Pakistan might actually avoid a whitewash!

This is a very difficult pitch.

If the rate keeps rising then NZ lose here.

Whoever comes in next needs to get the rate under control ...otherwise Pakistan might actually avoid a whitewash!
It must be a difficult pitch because Babar struggled today who was batting quite freely in earlier games

Pakistan cannot throw it away from here.

The pitch is tough, NZ don't have much batting left.

OH, now will stuck with Chacha for a while and he will contribute something significant in once in 10 games.

This is why PP experts need to relax.
Ever heard the saying "wait until both sides have batted on it"

Abbas needs to bowl the next over

Look how the Rizwan and Babar haters disappeared from the thread once it became clear that New Zealand batsmen are also struggling heavily on this pitch

Unbelievable.

Usama Mir trying to bowl his usual dollies yet ends up with a wicket.

Pakistan suffering a January whitewash in New Zealand is a lot of fun.

2018: 5-0 whitewash in ODIs
2021: 2-0 whitewash in Tests
2024: 5-0 whitewash in T20Is

Beautiful. :klopp
Could be another premature delivery

Look how the Rizwan and Babar haters disappeared from the thread once it became clear that New Zealand batsmen are also struggling heavily on this pitch

They know nothing about this game.

At the end of the day, the right players have played for the past 4 years. Babar and Rizwan will continue to do so going forward because no management in their right mind would ever take them out of the top 3. And that's all that matters.

That was a dramatic collapse 18 runs 4 wickets. Mitchell's absence is massive in this line up.

This pitch lol.

Iftikhar and Usama looking like prime Murali and Warne.

Really puts into perspective how Rizwan handled Santner. It seemed slow but it will end up being matchwinning on this surface.

Irrespective of the result of this match, which seems to have cemented places for mediocre players, Babar and Rizwan are still terrible opening combination.

One would think we are leading the series 4-0, as Babar and Rizwan lovers seem to have flooded this thread with a possible remote win for Pakistan.

Our bowlers pulled this one for us.

Not the mediocre Rizwan or Babar.

Back