Pakistan (92/3) defeat New Zealand (90/10) by 7 wickets in the 2nd T20I to go 1-0 up in the 5-match T20I series

Can someone explain why Irfan Khan is selected? His performances for Karachi Kings were pretty ordinary. Why not play Imad Wasim over him?

Can someone explain why Irfan Khan is selected? His performances for Karachi Kings were pretty ordinary. Why not play Imad Wasim over him?
I think Imad will make it into the team in the next games. I knew Irfan would play ahead of Imad in few games.

I'm not sure either. Gun Fielder. Got the emerging award because the rest of young talent wasn't consistent enough.

Moreover he's not a power hitter. If management and fans think he is then they are in for a disappointment.

In all honesty also he doesn't look ready yet to be selected for the WT20 squad. Even as a middle order batter. He needs to be given some more time to play domestic cricket and gain some experience and refinement in his batting.

Back